Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Jasmine: How can anyone have that many pashes? You can't marry them all.

Vanna: That's almost every actor in every film ever.

Paula: You missed out Rudolph Valentino.

Jasmine: And Charlie Chaplin.

Paula: No-one wants to marry Charlie Chaplin, he's not very handsome at all. It's Valentino all the big girls sigh over.

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Doyle: Believe me, she would've kept going. You haven't even heard her explain why she likes them. That's 3 hours I'll never get back...

Nixi: Stop being dramatic! It isn't that weird, right?

Gabriel: It really is. You know that most of them only act nice for their public image, right?

Nixi: That's a lie! They're all beautiful in their own way, that's why they're famous!

Doyle: No, they're "beautiful in their own way" because they're famous.

3. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Can we change the subject? This isn't really something any of us have much to say on.

Henrietta: And of course, none of these names mean anything to me. What do you enjoy doing, besides watching these people you find so attractive?

4. LastMindToSanity

Doyle: You're right, I don't want her to actually start talking about it. What do I do for fun? Never really thought about it, to be honest. If I had to say, I think it would be going over past crimes, trying to figure out how I'd do it better next time. I also like to play board games; mostly monopoly.

Nixi: I'll admit, all I do it watch tv whenever we aren't doing something important.

Gabriel: Sometimes, I try and make cool shapes with my fire. Actually, a couple of times, I made a ring of fire and got May to jump through it. She thought it was some kind of challenge, so I kept making it smaller until she failed.

May likes to train. We can usually get her to socialize with the rest of us, but she's always in the gym when she's not napping.

Nixi: How about you guys? I'm sure a princess and a time traveler do all sorts of fun things!

5. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

*Leonid gets reddened at the embarrassment despite his stoic glance*

Leonid: *to Henrietta* I'm really sorry for my son's words! Misha has conspired before for me to get him a mama, and it seems that we will have another talk about the issue at home. We wish for you the best on your engagement. *glares Mihail with admonishing face* I have told him that I'm not ready for that kind of friendship with anyone. My wife is still too present inside of my mind to move on. *to Nixi* I just live to make sure my sons have everything they need. I have not time for having fun, to be honest. At least I keep my push-ups and other exercises, but it's most due the habit than any other reason.

Anton:*to Leonid* Well, I suggest you to search for a girlfriend soon. No matter the past, you deserve another chance in love, at least. Or you could ask for vacations for once! Your kids need you to be happy, too, and working until death will not make you a good father, trust me in this one!

Leonid:
    I'm not hearing any advice from you, Nevsky.

Koshka:
    *puts a displeased face to Leonid* Only on this, I'm with Anton. Uncle, you need company. You need friends. You need a girlfriend. Let auntie go. She wouldn't like to see you alone. Nor your boys. Turn the page. Write a new one. Your sons worry about you.

Leonid: Whatever! *to Vanna* I sincerely don't remember to have visit this place before, but it feels rather welcoming, must recognize. And well, I miss Matvei. He meant well all those years when we were dumb kids and cared about me. His heart got broken by my failures, and when the Soviet Union fell. Matvei adapted fast, since he's a good man, and learned to leave the past behind. Unfortunately, my father didn't, and never forgave my failures, or having married my wife when she got pregnant with the twins. That ended my career in the army, and forced me to dig coal until my brother-in-law got me the job of bodyguard. But it was too late for doing something about Halyna's health, and she died while giving birth to Misha. *to Misha* We have talked about mama, true?

Mihail: *gets sad* Yes, papa. I wanted to meet her.

Leonid:
    But you know that we kept all of her love for you. Now she watches your sleep, and Oleshka's and Slava's.

Mihail: Yes, papa. I know. *sighs*

Iona: *to Gabriel* By general rule, the menaces we face are not that massive or notorious in our kingdom, with the exception of the rogue Manticore that ravaged the countryside some years ago, and of course *spells with contempt* Magoth'Aron, the giant centipede. In such cases, Faerlond's noblemen are summoned to assemble the army. Next, the Holy Order assists with knowledge, Battle Priests and Inquisitors according to the level of the menace. While the army contains the creature, the Inquisitors and Priests proceed to banish it. Magoth'Aron was exceptional, since he's considered a deity among the demonic forces and, according to the Holy Scriptures, invulnerable in all sense. Faerlond was lucky for 'Jan the Starchild' to be there at the right time and place, helping Pyotr to destroy the creature.

Leonid:*raises an eyebrow to Iona* Wait, you mean our neighbor Jan? He is my son's best friend. Very frightened of grown-up people. Most of time he's hunting rabbits and collecting stuff into the forest. But, what's that about 'centipedes'? Is it some sort of 'game' you played? I don't think he likes to gather with medieval-dressing people, since he's agoraphobic... my sons have hard times encouraging him to socialize.

Iona: *raises both eyebrows* Mister, I meant a giant, demonic centipede. And yes, Jan helped Pyotr there *points at the Dino-plush* to vanquish the beast.

Leonid: *struggles to understand, then nods in laughter* Haha yeah, right! Well, must have been an interesting 'game' the one you played there! It's good to encourage kids for using their creativity. What a funny way to pass the time.

*Iona shooks her shoulders at Anton, who zips his own mouth with the fingers. Pyotr remains in silent observation.*

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  6. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: *To Iona* Really? That's a shame. To be honest, I have a hard time dealing with Gem. Considering she can use full on demon magic, she can counter my fire.

Gem: Gasp! Is that acknowledgement? Have I been praised by a devil?

Gabriel: So, you're awake, then? You should know, even if you wanted to fight, there're several people here who seem like they'd help me, besides, May's probably gonna be done sulking soon, then she'll be back.

Gem: Yes, yes, I am no fool, Gabriel. I realize that I am at a severe disadvantage here. *To Anton* Hey, detective, could you tell me how this room works? From what I have seen, you can somehow get whatever you desire, but I am not sure exactly how it works.

Gabriel: Actually, Anton, I have a question for you as well. It seems that you and Iona come from the same story, as you both talk about the same people. Given that, does that mean that you also have some form of magic, like Iona does?

7. rinnika

rinnika Member

Liam: I'm sorry, demon magic?

Emma: Are you sorry for the demon magic...or because of it?

Liam: It's a turn of phrase Emma.

Kes: That in itself is an interesting turn of phrase. Can phrases really turn?

Frenchie: I am more concerned with the demon magic, personally.

Kes: Yes, I wouldn't mind some of my own actually.

Liam: No. Nay. Nope. Never. Bad idea.

Emma: Uhh... that'll be a no from me.

Frenchie: I have to say I agree with them.

Kes: You're all terrible people.

8. LastMindToSanity

Gem: Ah, welcome, newcomers! You say that you want demon magic? That is no problem at all, but you can only get it from a demon. Worry not, as I am perfectly fine with bestowing some to you. *Draws a complicated circle on the floor in sand* Now, all we have to do is both step inside of this circle, and I will be able to give you demon energy, which will enable you to use magic!

Gabriel: *Kicks the sand, breaking the circle* No, no, no. Don't listen to her. Yeah, you can only get demon energy from a demon, you can't trust this one. She'll make you her thrall for the rest of your life.

Gem: Shut up! This is a perfectly legitimate trade.

Gabriel: Whatever, bottom line, it's too dangerous. I'm not skilled enough to get you energy without putting you at risk, so you should probably forget about it. Putting that aside, why don't you four introduce yourselves? I'm Gabriel Cooper, a Demon Hunter, and this is Gem, a bitch.

Gem: A demon!

Gabriel: A nuisance.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    rinnika likes this.
  9. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Yeah, playing with demon magic doesn't sound like the best idea to me. Hello, new people. It's nice to meet you. I'm Vanna, I'm fifteen years old, my book is set in 1934-35, and I go to St. Edith's Academy, which is a school where witches and human girls can mix and learn acceptance for one another. I only learned last summer that I fall into the former category. Jasmine, Bonnie, Ophelia, Paula, and Cis, who also put a word in sometimes-

Bonnie: Or in Jasmine's case, all the time.

Jasmine: Hi there! I don't talk all that often!

Vanna: Yes you do. I pretty much knew your entire life story by the time we'd first arrived at school. Anyhow, those five are my friends, but Ophelia's the only other witch. The other three are from EMR's other two books.

Elsie: I'm Elsie, I'm fourteen, and I go to Willowdown School for Young Ladies. My book is set in 1911, and Esther began it before she began Vanna's book-

Cis: Only by a few months!

Elsie: It doesn't matter. Unlike St. Edith's, Willowdown isn't a boarding school, so I have more of a life outside it. Mind you, I prefer not to talk much because I'm still learning to hold a conversation without it turning into a fight. Cecilia's my friend, but she's quite shy, so she doesn't talk much either. Say hello, Cecilia.

Cecilia: Hello. It's nice to meet you.

Henrietta: Good evening. I am Henrietta. My full name is Princess Maria Henrietta of Cavallia, and our family name is Babineaux-Vauquelin. I am sixteen, but unlike the others, my education is at an end. I am preparing to be a wife to my fiancé, Henri, who is very intelligent and kind. I like him very well. It has occurred to me that we have left Nixi's question unanswered, and my bonne d'enfants always taught me that that is very rude. I extend my apologies, Nixi. My favourite thing to do is ride. My horse is called La Petite, which is a joke as she is very large, and I typically begin my day with a short ride around the open parkland that forms part of the palace grounds, in addition to my daily riding lessons. In addition to that, I enjoy reading, painting, and embroidery, as well as discussing science and philosophy with Henri and my former lectrice, Madame Leonora. My sisters and I also have a dog, Velours, so naturally he must be walked. As I am only the ninth child, my royal duties are minimal, and I am blessed with much time to indulge in these pursuits. What do you prefer to do?

Vanna: You know, our posts are often quite long, but this one's going to set a record. I like playing my guitar - I grew up in the 21st century, so I'm lucky enough to be familiar with bands like Franz Ferdinand and the Arctic Monkeys. I sing, too. Our school has lots of activities on offer, and I go to Lit. Soc., Drama Soc., School Choir, and School Orchestra, as well as my private piano and singing lessons. I also like spending time with my friends or my kitten - or all of them! Emerald is my friend. I don't play any sports because I'm useless at them.

Cis: I'm not. I'm in the First Lacrosse Team, and Bonnie's in the Second.

Paula: I tried out for the Laxe teams, but I didn't get into any of them. In addition, I go to Lit. Soc. and Drama Soc. - Cis goes to Drama Soc., too - and I like embroidery. One girl in our form has a hand-loom, so she weaves, which is interesting.

Jasmine: I like Art. Miss Juniper, the Art Mistress, told me to go to Art Soc., which is lots of fun, and it's very nice that she believes in me, too. Oh, and we all do Guides.

Elsie: I like reading and playing with my dog.

Henrietta: And may I ask Frenchie in addition - is that a nickname? I have never heard such a name. Is it because you speak French? Do you wish to converse in the language? Although I speak many languages, French is my mother tongue and it can be exhausting speaking in English for so long, not to mention keeping up with colloquialisms that are after my time. My book is set in 1732. Where are you from, and what is your book about? I feel we have spoken for too long.

Vanna: Hear, hear.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Truman: Hello to all (raises glass). I was The Tyrant, for decades, but now I'm just Truman. I was brought here by Seeker, as a kind of retirement bonus, I guess. I can only exist here, or sleep within Seeker, that was our deal. If I'm here, it's around somewhere, or everywhere, or something like that. I never did try too hard to understand all that existence-beyond-time Eternal stuff. My story is done, but I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know. I'm gratefully dead, so nothing here bothers me at all, cept 'last call', which they don't seem to have. That must be the 'bonus' part, heh heh.

11. rinnika

rinnika Member

Frenchie: *wide-eyed* I'm not getting many 'this one's trustworthy' vibes here Kes.

Kes: Considering those you hang out with I doubt you'd recognise trustworthy if you saw it. *turning away from Frenchie* Although I must say that as much as I like you Gem, I'm not interested in being your thrall. At least buy me dinner first. And if I might point out, here we have Mr Gabriel Cooper, a demon hunter, hanging out with Gem, a demon? What might we think of that?

Emma:
    She's nice really, I promise! Just...sassy. I'm Emma. This is Liam. We've been friends since we were kids-

Frenchie: And I go by Frenchie! This is Kes, an eccentric badass. I mean look at her, wearing an expensive gold sequined dress as a casual outfit. My mother did some embroidery when she was younger and used to decorate my coats. It's very cool. *To Kes* They're kids! She's a royal! We shouldn't be here! It's like putting a cat among pigeons!

Liam: So that's where your Freddie Mercury sense of style comes from.

Kes: *to Frenchie* A princess, a witch, some kids and a demon. We need some popcorn. I like your music taste Vanna - I also listen to the Arctic Monkeys. So what witchy stuff can you do? Can you, say, turn Liam into a pumpkin?

Liam: Please don't turn me into a pumpkin.

Emma: Kes, stop with the magic stuff. The world doesn't need you becoming a witch as well as a bitch.

Kes: The world needs some drama. What better source of drama than something people can't even comprehend?

Frenchie: Ah it's really only a nickname now Henrietta. My mother was French and I speak both languages, but I use English much more often. Notre écrivain connaît un peu la langue mais Internet l'aide. Our book is set in 2018 where we all live and 'work' in America. As you can hear, Liam and Emma are both British-Irish, I am of course half French and Kes is British-American.

Emma: Perhaps learning the details of our story is...unbecoming of a Princess.

Kes: Nah, I bet they want to learn all about murder and what we're good at. *to Truman* I don't know what Seeker is, but I think we can all do with a drink.

12. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: *To Kes* You've got it wrong. First, I'm not "hanging out" with Gem. I was here with my team, but it seems they have other things to do right now, and Gem just knows that she's safest from me here, where I can't hurt her. Second, not all demons are bad. My old partner was a demon, but she was a kid, too young for the job, so we don't work together anymore. I would much rather her not be here, but it's not like I can kick Gem out just because literally every time I think about her I see red.

Gem: Oh, Kes, I would take you out, but my heart belongs to one person and one person only! Wait, you should not turn me away so easily. Being a thrall comes with so many negative notions, but it is quite different than people think. I mean, yes, you would be in my service, but you would still be able to think whatever you wish! Whenever you aren't following orders, in fact, you are allowed to do whatever pleases you! Think about it, vast demonic powers in exchange for loyalty; it is just like getting a job!

Nixi: Yeah, that doesn't sound too great.

Gabriel: Oh, thank God you're still here.

Nixi: Huh? Why? Nevermind. Henrietta, I've got to say, all of that sounds just like something a princess from my old media files would enjoy doing! Oh, I knew real princesses existed! What do I like? Well, there's tv, for one thing. Aaaaaand, I guess I like watching people cook? Oh! Video games, too! Yeah, I'm not gonna brag, but Doyle hasn't beaten me yet!

Emma, Liam, Kes, and Frenchie, how about you guys? What do you like to do for fun?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  13. rinnika

rinnika Member

Kes: Ah, I can sympathise. Every time I think about Liam I get the overwhelming urge to strangle him. *To Gem* Where's the fun in one person? All manner of trouble can come up when you devote yourself to only one person Gem! You're relying on their ability to stay alive, for starters, and there's a whole world out there. But alas, I must decline your generous offer as I'm not in the market for selling neither my soul nor my independence.

Liam: Yeah you seem to forget I was specifically instructed to kill you Kes. The sentiment goes both ways.

Emma: Don't listen to her Gem, her track record with hearts and people is...

Liam: Messy.

Emma: Yes, messy is a good word for it. I'm sure they are a wonderful person!

Liam: Also, you can't sell something you don't have.

Kes: *to Liam* Bold of you to assume I won't strangle you in front of the children.

Frenchie: It was an enthralling offer though. *to Nixi* Hi! I like to take pictures. I work as a photographer of sorts. I like video games as well, mostly Mario Kart.

Liam: We all saw that joke Frenchie and you, the most cultured one, went for the Dad joke. I'm disgusted. And I always win Mario Kart; let's just get that out of the way.

Emma: I'm a bookworm! My apartment is full of books but I never seem to have the time to finish reading them. We play card games or chess together when we don't have anything else to do. Liam and I are pretty good at chess because we always played when we were kids.

Frenchie: Kes always makes us play Cheat...

Kes: Don't be sour just because I lie better than you. I like music and drawing. I used to sketch Frenchie's photos in my spare time but he just does work stuff now. I taught Emma to play the piano.

14. LastMindToSanity

Gem: Why settle for just one lover? Well, of course, the answer is love! The love between May and myself is so strong that it would crush anyone who got between us!

Nixi: *Laughing*

Gem: Do you have something to say? I would advise you to be careful.

Nixi: Oh, sorry, thought you were joking. You were so wrong there it's hilarious.

May: Yeah, first of all, I don't even like you.

Gabriel: Well? You'll behave, right?

May: Yeah, yeah, don't worry about it. Secondly, Gem, why settle for just one? There's so much sexy in the world that I couldn't ever settle for just one tiny bit of it! By the way, you aren't a part of the sexy.

Gem: ... but... but... *leaves*

Nixi: Damn. I know she's the bad guy, but, you could at least go easier on her. I actually feel bad.

May: Anyway, hello, new people! It's really fun in here. Well, as long as some people *glares at Gabriel and Nixi* don't take away your alcohol for no reason, but that's not the point. What's your story about, anyway?

Gabriel: Don't bother answering that, we aren't sticking around.

Nixi: Huh? Why?

May: Where to?

Gabriel: We've wasted too much time, already. Gem isn't safe anymore, so we're going after her immediately. Once she's taken care of, we're going after the rest. Let's go. *Leaves*

Nixi: Wait, but why? Can't we spend a little more time here? We can at least say goodbye properly!

May: No, leader's orders. *Grabs her* Sorry we can't stick around guys. See ya! *They both leave*

15. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Well, that was an abrupt departure. Do you think they'll be coming back? And Kes, I think the magic is best left to Ophelia. As I said, I've only known I'm a witch for a couple of months, so I know next to nothing. No-one's allowed to learn magic until they're eighteen and have completed a normal education, anyway. Magic's important, but so's English and Maths.

Ophelia: I have a book of spells that my father cherished above all else. However, not all of the spells are practical - each has a special procedure, and many require a potion. The potions themselves often have incredibly specific ingredients, such as cobwebs gathered at midnight or a stone from a stream running in a particular direction. Otherwise, they may be hard to obtain, such as a spine from a hedgehog.

Jasmine: I'm sure the room could give us all those things.

Ophelia: Nonetheless, performing underage magic is unwise and I have been strictly cautioned against it. The last time I performed magic, I got us all into terrible trouble and brought Vanna within harm's way.

Vanna: Essentially, I was on the run in the 21st century, and she brought me back to the 1930s - without intending it to be me - where the chaps chasing me had their base of operations. Not that I knew I was on the run, my mother wouldn't tell me anything. Besides, Kes, you can't make someone a witch. If a human tried one of the spells, even if they got everything down exactly right, nothing would happen.

Henrietta: And yes, I am curious to know the plot of your book. Despite what you may think, I have seen many unsavoury things. In fact, my own book revolves around the murder of a guest. I took it upon myself to find the killer. It was an unpleasant experience, but I learned many things.

Elsie: And can you stop calling us kids? I know we aren't adults yet, but we're nearly there. Even though we're quite sheltered, we know things like murder exist - I've read Tess of the d'Urbevilles, that's hardly all lightness and joy. And we've had all sorts of fights in here, we won't faint.

16. rinnika

rinnika Member

Frenchie: So that got a little dramatic.

Liam: I don't entirely understand what happened there.

Frenchie: I hope that all works out okay...in the end. I can't imagine they will be coming back.

Kes: *to Ophelia* That sounds interesting Ophelia. I can get you a hedgehog spine.

Emma: Don't murder a hedgehog Kes, she meant it as an example. And you, even if it was possible, would not be getting any magic!

Frenchie: You're bad enough as it is with things that science can explain, okay?

Kes: Hey! I'm only interested in the spellbook! *Frenchie glares at Kes*

Emma: So, witches and humans are different. *to Vanna* Is it in your blood or something? I presume it's biological?

Liam: *to Henrietta* So you found the killer? I feel like pursuing a killer isn't something youngsters should have to do. I'm not much older than you I know, but we do the things we do so people like you don't have to. It's brave though. You would make an awesome Queen with bravery like that. You seem to have come out of it okay.

Kes: Our story revolves around betrayal and family secrets. Surprisingly though, there isn't much murder. Those three try to make me go all soft.

Emma: You are soft! *Kes glares at Emma*

Frenchie: As you have probably gathered, our squad is a necessity rather than a choice. Emma and Liam were supposed to kill Kes.

Kes: *grinning* I am simply too charming to murder!

Liam: That is a blatantly incorrect statement. *to Elsie* She calls people kid all the time - I blame a superiority complex. I doubt, and I hope, that you have never encountered someone like Kes before.

Frenchie: *to Kes* I saved your life, actually. If it wasn't for me, our book would never even happen!

Emma: But uh, I do have another question. *to Vanna* What was it like being sucked back to the 30s?

17. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Do you mean what the physical process was like, or what I experienced when I got there? I was on a train when I suddenly felt exhausted. I fell asleep and had this really queer dream with lots of colours and things, and I was falling and running through a tunnel. Then, when I woke up, I was on an entirely different train in 1934. It was disorienting, but so much fun! I'd always dreamed of going to boarding school in the 1920s or '30s, and I'd read so many books, so I knew roughly what I was doing. I didn't think anyone would believe me if I told them I was a time-traveller, so I was sort of undercover. It was incredible, I was so happy to be allowed to stay! Is there anything more specific you want to know?

Ophelia: And does Kes have any questions about the spellbook? It's my most prized possession.

Henrietta: And yes, we did find the killer. I was shocked and saddened to learn that it was the woman's own husband. While I did come out of the experience with minimal physical and mental harm, many of my more romantic notions about the world in which we live were proven false. It did take much courage, and my brother François, the Dauphin, needed much courage as well, as he fell under suspicion. It is as you said, he will be an excellent King.

Vanna: Oh, and Emma - yes, magic is hereditary. My mother is a human, but my father comes from one of the most important wizarding families in the country. Ophelia's family was very important, too.

18. rinnika

rinnika Member

Emma: See? I told you guys reading books is a good thing! If I'm whisked back to the sixties I'm all set.

Liam: You'd be such a hippie!

Kes: I have lots of questions, actually. Where did you get it? There's no magic in our world, it's all just science and tricks, so I'd love to know what you guys know about it.

Frenchie: I believed in magic since I was a young boy although I had assumed it would be more mundane things. You know, some people never seem to lose their pen, some people are really good at understanding languages they don't speak, others manage to be on time to things even when they start off late...

Liam: Wait - it was her husband? Why would someone kill someone they love?

Kes: Always suspect the husband or wife Liam. It's always the people closest to you-

Emma: Oh Kes! What happens in our book is an occupational hazard. Don't generalise it to everything. Why did he kill her, Henrietta? I'm sure it was just an accident...

19. EstherMayRose

Ophelia: I got my book from my father. It's a family heirloom. My family was killed by a political organisation called the First Wizarding Protectionists. They believed that all the old families were undeserving of their magic, as they considered them corrupt. I had no siblings, but all my aunts, uncles, and cousins were wiped out too. There are spells that can kill people and prevent them from being brought back from a previous year, and the Protectionists closed all the loopholes. Our family cook managed to escape with me - I was just four months old, so I don't remember the trauma, thankfully - and she managed to snatch up the book as well before our house was set alight, because it was so important to my father. She came to the 1930s and got a job at St. Edith's, so I have lived there all my life. When I was young I helped in the kitchens until I was old enough to start in the Kindergarten. I'm sorry. That was not what you asked. I don't usually like to talk about it, but I could see little chance of avoiding the topic permanently, and sometimes it's relieving to do so. I apologise.

Vanna: The Protectionists are gone now. They've been separated from any resources that would allow them to work their magic. They tried to get my dad on their side when I was a year old, because he's done all this research and stuff - he specialises in time travel - and he sent my mum and me back to the 21st century, where Mum would have been if she hadn't come with Dad, and that's why we spent our lives on the run. Not fun, but we've come out of it OK.

Henrietta: That is what I thought too, Liam. I assumed that, as her husband, he loved her and would never wish her harm. You see, at the very top of society, people marry not for love, but to strengthen political alliances. My paternal grandfather, the late King Jean-Marie, arranged for my parents' marriage as a reward for my maternal grandfather's services, and as surety for his continued loyalty. However, my parents liked each other very well, and when they had been married for some years, they grew to love each other. I await the same result with myself and Henri, he is a charming gentleman. However, it appeared that this is not so for everybody, and the Comte and Comtesse did not love each other at all, despite having many children. In fact, the Comtesse loved another, a gentleman I knew well called Giovanni. They carried on an affair in secret, and the Comte did not wish it to be known. They had not seen each other for many years, as the Comtesse had gone to live in France with her husband, but their visit to the Cavallian court provided the catalyst for everything to go unpleasantly wrong.

Elsie: There's a lot less killing in my book. I'm the worst it gets.

Cecilia: You weren't as bad as all that, Elsie. You bought me gingerbread, after all.

Elsie: Pish. I was in high spirits. Before that, you were petrified of me.

Jasmine: I say, I hope someone else comes along. I hate it when there are just two groups, that happened before and eventually we just ran out of things to talk about.

Elsie: From what little I've seen of you, I doubt you could run out of things to talk about. However, they weren't exactly astounding conversationalists. Rather bad tempered and all the maturity of Kindergarteners.

Cecilia: Elsie, you're doing it again. You told me to stop you.

Elsie: Oh, I suppose. I'm sure you crowd aren't like that. I'm sorry, I'm still learning to stop making catty remarks about anything and everything.

20. rinnika

rinnika Member

Kes: Oh...I, uh...

Frenchie: That's quite a story, Ophelia. I am glad you were spared the haunting memory of it all. It is good to know the Protectionists are gone - we are not unfamiliar with the danger of powerful organisations ourselves. It's good to hear you got through your troubles as well Vanna.

Kes: I didn't mean to have you two recall such memories. I'm sorry for your losses.

Liam: *to Emma* Well that was...nice.

Emma: *to Liam* Kes wasn't very prepared for that.

Liam: I'm glad we don't have that custom in the time of our book - it's sad that the Comtesse didn't get to marry the person she loved. Perhaps she found peace in an afterlife.

Emma: I agree; we are running somewhat low in terms of people. Anyone up for some drinks?

Liam: Yes drinks, drinks are good. Fancy some tea, Frenchie? Or anyone else for that matter? I'm very good at cups of tea. *Emma, Liam and Frenchie sit together drinking and (probably playing cards or something)*

Kes: I know our writer has some new characters in the works - perhaps she should bring them down to play? We could have all manner of entertainment and catty remarks from people in magical worlds or short stories. She seems to enjoy writing troublemakers...

21. EstherMayRose

Vanna: I think I'll have a cup of tea, too. *Pot and cup appear in front of her and she pours herself some* That's the beauty of this room: if you want anything, just ask.

Elsie: I think I'll join you in that tea. Want some, Cecilia? *Two more cups appear*

Henrietta: I think I'd prefer coffee. We do not drink tea so much in Cavallia. *Takes sip* It is indeed sad. It is sad also for their nineteen children, who will soon be orphans as their father has been condemned to death. Fortunately, my father has allowed them to take up residence in the Palais d'Or as part of our court, as one of them is my sister-in-law. Many of the others are adults also. I should not romanticise their affair too much though: although I believe Giovanni truly loved the Comtesse, at least for a time, he has a great fondness for women and has had many affairs. He has now left court to marry another woman at my father's command. She herself worked as a lectrice to the Comte and Comtesse's children and extracted extra money from her through blackmail. Although they seemed happy in their affair, she was not a pleasant woman and I doubt the marriage will be a blissful one. However, I cannot help but feel sad for the Comtesse. Although she committed a mortal sin, she did not deserve to die for it. Unfortunately - I do not know if you are a member of the Roman Catholic Church as I am, but what we believe is waiting for an adulteress is far from peaceful. It saddens me that she had no time to repent, for she seemed a noble woman besides that.

Ophelia: I apologise for ruining the atmosphere. Shall we change the topic? And some other guests would be lovely. Do you have any questions for us, or details from your own book that you'd like to divulge?

Elsie: Family secrets and things? Sounds like about half the books Mother's confiscated. I don't go for shocking reads just to rebel, like some people think I do, but sometimes a book looks interesting, and it just so happens to feature a little bit of heavy breathing.

22. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

*Leonid drink his malt in a single gulp, then leaves the mug over the bar*

Leonid: Alright, it has been too many topics for us, Misha, and we must get your carrot costume ready for tomorrow. Say goodbye to everyone and we'll go. Not that you should listen anything about demons and stuff like that, which are only a 'pretending game' from the grownups that should know better than bringing such a topic in front of a little six year old. *gets slightly upset* Now, say goodbye.

Mihail:
    Okay, papa. Bye-bye, everyone!*waves his little hand to Henrietta* Bye auntie, I love you! Bye Vanna, Jasmine, Cecilia, Elsie, Bonnie, Cis! Bye mister president Truman! Pyotr loves you all too! He says that he would vote for you, if he could!

*Leonid grabs the Dino-plush and gives a general nod, then walks away with Mihail over his shoulders. Makes a face gesture for Koshka to follow, and he does.*

Anton: *sighs in relief* Well, thanks God that Gabriel left before I could answer his question! I mean, The leas qualified person to explain how this room works it's me! Also, I have never seen Iona before in my life. I mean, sometimes I think that a strange, Machiavellian presence toys with our lives as if we shared some sort of uber-reality, as the branches of a huge tree, made for us to suffer and be shuffled across realities without regarding any logical or physical rule, only for his sadistic amusement and attempting to improve his own interests at the expense of our happiness! But that would be kinda... speculative. And I'm sure that I'm required somewhere else too... I should be solving a case about psycho-murdering teenagers on rampage, now that I remember. It has been a true pleasure, ladies and gentlemen. *waves his hand* See you soon! You have been extraordinary in all sense, specially Mister Truman, the first and only honest politician I have ever met! And don't forget to visit me in case you need to find dirt on someone's business! *to Iona* Would you like to talk some issues in private? I'll wait for you before I leave to my office.

*Anton goes to the bar, grabs some bottles of beer and walks away*

Iona: Well, I'm also in a hurry, searching for my milk-brother. It doesn't help to my search to linger for too long here.*bows gently* Be well, and walk blessed by the light, always!

*Iona follows Anton, carrying a pair of glass mugs*

*from the distance, approach two boys of twelve, identical to each other. Black, short military-style haircut, pale and athletic build. One dresses a green camo sleeveless shirt and shorts, the other black pants and sleeveless shirt. Seem as looking for someone, as the green dressed asks to his twin*

Yaroslav: I'm sure they were around! Oleshka, check that corner, maybe they're on hiding!

Oleg: On hiding? Are you serious, Slava? Papa doesn't need to hide anymore. Nor Koshka. You messed up the address again, didn't you?

Yaroslav:
    I didn't! I'm sure they are around this place! Maybe they're already on the tailor!

Oleg:
    So, there's no point to get them now. Since the tailor canceled the appointment by phone, they'll have to go back home.

Yaroslav: Shit! We should have come with Jan! He would spot them quick!

Oleg: He's not a dog for doing such... hey, what's the deal with all of this people? *gets a little nervous* Too many girls around...

Yaroslav:*smiles* Girls? Where! *notices Henrietta and Vanna* Hey, girls, how you doing? I'm Yaroslav, but call me Slava for short! Nice to meet you! And he's my little brother Oleg-!

Oleg: We are twins.

Yaroslav: I was born earlier than you, so I'm the big brother!

Oleg: At least you could salute to the other people here too, instead of bragging for a nuisance. Saluting only the ones that hook you makes you look desperate. *sighs, then talks to everyone* I'm sorry for that. Slava has that thing of being too friendly with girls around him, so I shall greet everyone instead. We are looking for our papa, I mean, father, to deliver a message, but I guess we're late.

Yaroslav: So, we can talk with the girls for a while! That's cool!

*Oleg facepalms himself*

23. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Truman: Well, there they go. Bye, folks! Enjoy your reality! Bye Pyotr, take care of Mihail!
    (lifts his hand and lets it flop): Damn. The 'mister president' thing. Even dead, I can't get away from it. I sure hope the little kid's life turns out okay, and he doesn't... Meh! Damn alternate reality whatever thing. (looks around, up, down): Seeker! Where'd you go? Seeker? (sighs) C'mon! I exist, so I know you're around... Aaah!
    Seeker (appears as glowing blue ghost child from Truman's chest): Patience, Truman. Certainly I'm here, as I Am in all realities, and other inexplicable places. Does something trouble you?
    Truman (after he finishes freaking out): Are you kidding me... the chest-buster gag? Seriously!? I'm already dead, don't need a heart attack! (sighs) Yeah, the kid. Does he... ?
    Seeker: No, Truman. His reality does not cross yours. He will not experience The Strike.
    Truman: That's a relief, now I need another drink! (holds up glass and watches it fill).
    Seeker (faces everyone and spreads arms, while still embedded in the table): I Am, the Eternal Seeker. Greetings to all.

24. rinnika

rinnika Member

Kes: Our book details some rather troubling events for me. I'm used to being the villain or whatnot, but things were rather turned on their head when Frenchie told me about my sister's plan. Mia and I used to have a good relationship, competitive but...good, and I suppose it was to my own detriment that I didn't expect her to be so devoid of compassion. It turns out that she had intended to use me as a bargaining chip in exchange for our father's favour. Frenchie worked for Mia just like I used to which is how he came to overhear her intentions. Our father had been playing us off against the agency Emma and Liam work for and Mia, at some point, starting helping. I don't know for how long she was screwing me over. I do know that it was her who told the agency where I was in order for them to send people out to kill me.

Kes: *sees the Seeker* Oh boy, that's not what I expected. *sees the brothers* Hello there boys. Enjoying the fine company? What makes you think your father is around here?

*a young woman in her twenties (in a simple long white dress and brown boots) approaches with a young man who is chatting freely to her; they are evidently of different timelines*

Avery: ...and when I got back to my house the entire place was a mess! I'm talking the sofas flipped, papers everywhere, things smashed. I just took everything and- *he notices the room* Oh! We've found some people! Hello!

Katherine: *looking around nervously* Hi there.

Avery: Hey everyone. So, this is the lovely Katherine Archer. She's a ghosthunter! I'm Avery Maddox, city boy, coffee lover and wizard.

Katherine: Uh, mind if we join you?

25. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Not at all, Katherine, Avery. It's nice to meet you. If you want some tea, just ask for it. If you'd prefer something else, you can ask for that as well. Hallo, Oleg, Yaroslav. Kes, they're Mihail's brothers, he's talked about them a few times. You're too late, I'm afraid, they've already headed off to the tailor's. I'm Vanna, it's very nice to meet you. You can stay for as long as you like. Time moves differently here, so when you leave, no time will have passed at all. Also, don't even think about trying anything, Yaroslav.

Henrietta: Yes, I feel your regard is somewhat...different to your brother's. It is quite disconcerting.

Jasmine: Ooh, this is just too funny!

Vanna: Shut up, Jasmine. Anyway, Avery, Katherine, why don't you tell us a bit about yourselves. And Kes, I'm sorry about your sister. I've always wished I had siblings, but since I was only a year old when we had to leave Dad behind, it didn't happen.

Henrietta: I have many sisters, and also brothers. I love them all sincerely and I could not imagine working against them. Do any others of you have siblings?