Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: (frowns) That is an absurd tale.

Asiri: Agreed. None of it even makes sense.

Kirika: I agree with Sunnu; humans are not that advanced. I suppose it is possible that you could reach that in the future you come from, but it seems highly unlikely.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

* a pale blue glow emmanates from every surface, and the very core of existence is momentarily compressed, frozen. The glow pulls inward, like a reversed explosion, into a child with a slight blue glow in his hair. All resumes as if nothing unnerving had happened (other than the appearance of Seeker) *
    Seeker: It appears, Kirika, that your understanding of 'unlikely' is somewhat limited. 'Unlikely' equates to probability, which in terms of Eternity equate to eventuality. From where do you think your legends come? The ancient denizens of all realities have experienced Trancendence to their Creator at least once. Would you like to meet the original God Emperor? I assure you, you will return alive. * stretches out his glowing hand *
    Truman: Ohh, shit... !

3. Bluedango

Bluedango Member

Fio: God Emperor? Isn't that from Warhammer 40-

Clare: Ah. get her, Magsie.

*Mags pounces on Fio's face before she could utter another letter.*

Clare: How did you obtain forbidden knowledge from another reality, filthy heretic?

Fio: What?

Clare: Ah. You infected Mags as well.

Mags: Kill! Maim! Burn! >:0

Fio: So out of character!

ARGH!

Oh. Its just a dream.

A weird one. Its about...
    I've already forgotten what's it about. How convenient!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Some Guy likes this.
  4. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Koss: Where am I? What is this place?

5. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: On a surface level, it is a place where we can talk to people from other universes. How this works, I have no idea.

Nina: It is quite surreal, truly; you can talk to people from hundreds of years before or after you.

6. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

May: Try not to think too hard about it; that's what helped me get used to this place.

Gabriel: Why not start by introducing yourself?

7. rktho

Koss: This will not do. I’m tracking a dangerous fugitive and I cannot afford to be sidetracked. Direct me to the nearest spaceport immediately.

8. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna: No can do, I'm afraid. On the bright side, time comes to a standstill when you're here. Your fugitive won't be any farther away when you leave than when you arrived.

Jasmine: What did he do?

rktho likes this.
  9. rktho

Koss: He's a thief and a fraud. He stole a meiloorun fruit, and when he was captured, he made no less than five escape attempts. When he was finally released on parole, he destroyed his documents and assumed a false identity. His fictitious persona was so convincing he was even appointed governor of Montal. That is, until I apprehended a man I believed to be him. Then he exposed himself and declared my suspect innocent. And after he did that, he had the gall not to turn himself in! He made a sorry excuse about a little girl he had to find a home for, the daughter of some Twi'lek tart I arrested for attacking an Imperial official. He'll be brought to justice, mark my words. The Empire does not tolerate repeat offenders. He'll be sent to Wobani to be worked to death. I guarantee he'll die before he'll ever be able to escape that rock.

10. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: Is a death sentence really necessary? It doesn't sound like his crimes were too severe. Or, am I missing something?

11. rktho

Koss: He has attempted to circumvent the law on a constant basis. It's no more than he deserves. We must have order or the galaxy will descend into chaos.

12. LastMindToSanity

May: Your reality must be real pleasant... What about when your laws decide that it's your turn to die? Bet you wouldn't back them if the sword was put to your neck, instead.

13. rktho

Koss: I have willingly put my neck to Lord Vader's blade as consequence for my failure. The law is absolute.

14. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sapphire: I understand. I—(catches herself) Still, it is foolish to be so willing to die.

Asiri: Truly. Would it not be better to live to better yourself?

15. rktho

Koss: The tooth of a cog cannot be replaced if it is broken off. The entire cog must be removed. Replacing the cog will better the machine. Why waste effort trying to reattach a tooth to a defective gear? It is the same with criminals and failures. In my case, I was simply misaligned, not broken. Vader granted me the opportunity to adjust myself. But this fugitive, Com Narcom, did not slip accidentally. He intentionally broke the law. He is a broken gear, and he will always be a broken gear. He made that choice when he stole that fruit. That is the way of order and order is peace. The very planets operate on this principle. If a planet strays from its orbit, does the universe allow it to correct itself? It very well may, but the planet never returns. It veers off into space and collides with stars and asteroids.

16. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Jasmine: Wait, all he did was steal some fruit? That seems jolly harsh.

Henrietta: Indeed. Surely your resources would be better directed towards chasing murderers and traitors?

Ophelia: Or did his theft lead to other, worse deeds? Start him down a darker path?

Henrietta: But you do seem rather enthralled by your leader. It does not sound healthy. Surely a good ruler should strive to allow his subjects to better themselves, and to develop their own identities within the system of the law?

Vanna: Wait, did you say "Vader"? Darth Vader? Black armour? Big cloak? Funny breathing equipment? Are you from a Star Wars fanfiction?

Jasmine: What's "Star Wars"?

Vanna: A story where this guy's boss is the villain.

17. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Kirika: Humans are not machines, and it is horrific to compare the two as if they are! You are not a cog in a machine, whatever that may be; you are your own person!

Nina: Agreed. A human’s life is not comparable to a machine. The things you believe sound like what our spies say Fraulians are taught.

(Sapphire tenses, barely noticeable)

18. rktho

Koss: That would be Lord Vader's description. I had the honor of meeting him, although not in honorable circumstances. As for Narcom, he not only stole fruit, but he refused to accept his punishment, and committed identity fraud. And that little girl he mentioned? He kidnapped her from her custodians. They were most distraught.

19. rktho

Koss: Of course life is comparable to a machine. If it were not so, we could not give life to them. More to the point, humans are like planets, as I said. If a planets refused to adhere to their suns, the star systems would collapse. Do you see planets moving about the galaxy as they please without regard to their gravities or the star from which they originated? No, they know their place, and if they stray from it, they perish.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  20. LastMindToSanity

May: Some cogs can be fixed...

Gabriel: It isn't our business to try and sway you, so I won't, but I think you should be a bit more careful with how you word things. We wouldn't want to unnecessarily upset each other, right?

May: ...

21. Some Guy

Truman: * elbows on table, rests chin in hands til face starts to smoosh, prepared to be bored to death *
    If you wanna know about multiple realities and Eternal expressions an all that, ask Mr font-of eternal-knowledge, here...

Seeker: Truman...

22. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: Actually, I have a question for you, Seeker. So, we can travel between realities with the TeRV, but I've been trying for a while now and I can't find any of the realities of the people in the chatroom. Do you know why not?

23. Some Guy

Seeker: After I was invited into The Eternum, The Eternal Creator revealed the origin of reality. It is Expression, out of time.
    Any entity manifested in a reality may travel to different realities, by various mechanisms such as spells or technology, but only to those realities they may perceive within their own time. You may easily travel to adjacent realities at random, or to those you have specific knowledge of. Searching all realities is futile if you are not manifested out of time. Your reality of origin is your anchor line, no matter how thin, or you would not exist. Truman's people found The Creator quite unintentionally, and thus returned to that which expressed their reality. I manifested independently, having no anchor, and achieved symbiosis with humans. I was discovered when they transcended, and invited into The Eternum.
    Put in simple terms, you cannot know the minds of those who expressed each of these realities, and you would search the infinite until your own reality disintegrated, and you with it. Eternity is not to be trifled with.

Truman: * bored and yawning * Tried to warn you...

24. LastMindToSanity

May: So, basically...

Gabriel: The TeRV isn't good enough.

May: Damn.

You're a pretty smart not-human-ghost-thing, Seeker.

25. Some Guy

Seeker: I am that I am.

Truman: Ohh, brother... Not that again.