Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Zhuque: Hey! If our shows isn’t to different in demographic and rating they could air back to back! Wouldn’t that be fun?

2. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Adam- Hello all! We're sort of new here.

Nick- Hey...

Suzumi- Nicky, don't be shy. Hello all!

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Truman: Hello there! Share your names and stories with us.

4. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Adam- I'm Adam Heidrich. Where I'm from (a country called Brittania), it's 1944. Not quite sure how I'm using this typewriter so weirdly, but oh well. I'm what's called a chimera- we all are. We were taken as children and given animal DNA to make us strong soldiers. I'm a German Shepherd. I escaped that place, though, and now am holed up here in some abandoned house trying to figure out what to do next.

Nick- Nick Baker. I'm with this lot. I'm a Mule Deer. I'm medically trained so when Adam eventually gets injured, I can patch him up.

Suzumi- Also with this lot. Adam and I were childhood friends but were separated. We just recently found one another. I'm a grey wolf.

Adam- She's a bada**

Nick- And you're in love

Adam- AM NOT. She's my friend. We're just friends. Anyway, you're the one in love...

Nick- Was in love. He died, remember?

Some Guy likes this.
  5. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Isabel: Hi! New people! Welcome! So you’re from 1944? That’s cool. We’re from 2020!

Katie: Can we circle back real quick to the part where you had dog DNA?

6. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Adam- Yep. It's great, other than the war. I think it's a bit different, though, to the war that you all had at this time.

Suzumi- 2020? What's it like? Can you all fly?

Adam- Dog DNA, yeah. Gives me heightened sense, the ability to shift into a dog at will, that sort of thing. Good when you're a soldier, right?

7. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Luna: That's not what I meant at all! It's just... useful if you're in a corner.

Gabriel: Why are you guys talking about blood over there?

Luna: Not blood! I had said that, while I love it here, I should really get some fresh air! Like, right now! *Goes to leave*

Jericho: Hold on, I'm coming too. *Leaves with her*

Niki: So... why were you guys talking about blood? And why're there so many people who can control water, anyway?

Gabriel: Dunno, maybe it's easier to control than other things? Luna doesn't seem to have too much trouble with it.

8. LastMindToSanity

Niki: What kind of dog? If you're a soldier, would you be an attack dog?

9. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Adam- German Shepherd. And yes, I suppose that would make me an attack dog. I did do a bit of that. But I escaped that, so I'm not really a soldier anymore.

Nick- Wait a second, are we talking about like...blood? Actual blood? Bending it how? Like controlling it?

Suzumi- Oh, that's bloody awesome!....Get it? Bloody....

Nick- Suzumi, don't joke. It's not your thing.

Viserion likes this.
  10. Viserion

Viserion Senior Member

*Elenxes and Arsien are confronted by their future selves*
    Original Elenxes: Who are you?
    New Elenxes: I’m you, from the future. Get out of here, please.
    *The original Arsien and Elenxes leave in confusion*
    New Elenxes: I need a fucking drink. I hate the Author of my story.

Some Guy likes this.
  11. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katie: Different war. Great. So no genocide? Love that. Anyhow, we cannot fly, though as stated earlier, Rani tried. It was not glamorous.

Rani: We agreed not to speak of it.

Katie: Yeah, I know.

Alyssa: So no, no flying, though airplanes are doing pretty well. You have those, I don’t have to explain them.

Katie: But how’d we get back to bloodbending? I thought that conversation was done? Anyways, I have limits, and turning people into puppets crosses them. Besides, I’m not sure if I could even if I lost my moral compass.

Sarah: I did try controlling living things one time. It didn’t work. But I guess that’s a different situation.

12. LastMindToSanity

Niki: Oh, sorry bout that. I think I kind of zoned out for a while. Why'd you live the military, Adam?

13. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Adam- Nope, no genocide. That doesn't sound great, though. Glad that didn't happen on our end. Oh... well then what all is different?

Nick- Airplanes are still a thing? I thought we'd be on Mars by now or something.

Adam- I left because I didn't join of my own accord. I was taken from my family and forced to fight. Like a child soldier. Nick and Suzumi were too. All of the chimeras were. Our country, Brittania, is at war with this other country, called Rodel. Rodel soldiers took us from border towns. They've been stealing kids since the 20's.

Suzumi-1920's, that is...

14. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Raxa: Hey, we're back.

Valyan: Where did you go? I swear you lot just disappeared when I looked away.

Alvis: Raxa found the bar!

Valyan: ...Of course he did.

Ellen: So what did we miss?

Valyan: Well, I haven't really been following the conversation closely, but some new people showed up. Right now they're talking about DNA, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to know what that is.

Alvis: Heeey! We know what that is, don't we, sis?

Ellen:
    Hell yeah!

*Alvis and Ellen high-five each other*

Alvis & Ellen: Starfallen!

Valyan: Are you two drunk?

Alvis: Uh, a little.

Ellen:
    We're old enough to drink, right?

Alvis:
    I think so? Anyway, pretty sure that doesn't matter anymore.

Alvis: Aw! No flying? That's sad. Flying was the first useful thing I learned to do! Me and Ellen fly all the time.

Ellen: Honestly, it's kinda weird other people don't fly. It's not that hard.

Sram: You two really shouldn't be comparing yourselves with normal people.

Raxa: I don't even know if I can fly. The author hasn't made up his mind about that.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  15. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: It's good to hear that you got out. I have a friend who's thinking about joining. I'm trying to convince him not to, any tips?

Gabriel: Finally, others who know the feeling! How do you guys do it?

16. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katie: Since ‘44? A lot is different. They established a bunch of new countries, formed the United Nations…okay, I’ll just leave that stuff to Sarah, she knows history better than I do.

Sarah: Modern history was supposed to be senior year.

Katie: Okay. So you’re as clueless as I am.

Sarah: On this? Yeah.

Katie: Alright, well, there’s some stuff I do know, though. We didn’t go to Mars, but we sent a rover there! That’s a robot. Her name was Opportunity, Oppy for short. She was there for fifteen years. Rest in peace. Also, we sent a dude to the moon way back in ‘69. Neil Armstrong. Oh, and a lot more people have rights now. (Beat) That was a terrible summary. I’m not a scholar.

Rani: So, question: your country. Brittania. That got anything to do with the UK? Britain?

17. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Alvis: Well, the first thing I learned to do with magic was levitating stuff. You know, telekinesis? You can do it without a catalyst if you have enough magic to spare, but it's like... not energy efficient? Because without a catalyst the magic works best when it's inside your body. I just figured out how to do it to myself, basically. I was using some catalysts primed for air manipulation at the time, though, so that helped. These days I can fly without catalysts, I think that's because Axion's Aspect is related to the sky and stuff.

Ellen: I just do what I did back when I was Alvis. With the right gear, it just comes down to understanding what you want the magic to do, you know?

Sram: Basically, these two have ludicrous reservoirs of magic power, which allows them to perform feats that would be impractical to regular people. Sometimes they forget others aren't as gifted as they are.

Alvis: I'm gonna take that as a compliment.

Fion:
    I can fly too!

Ellen:
    Yeah, but that's because you're wearing a magical jetpack.

Alvis:
    Besides, you don't really fly, usually. More like you launch yourself at things.

Some Guy likes this.
  18. Gladiolus83

Zhuque: You newcomers are shapeshifters, huh? Susu and his brothers can do that too.

Suzaku: I turn into a phoenix.

Seiryuu: I turn into an asian dragon.

Byakko: I turn into a tiger.

Genbu: And I turn into a tortoise. Now, tell me when you transform how much of you remain *taps his temple* in here? We have it under control now, but when we first started the animals instincts took over.

Byakko: Yeah, that caused us some serious trouble.

19. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Ellen: Hey, I just realized. You guys are supposed to be the four cardinal beasts, right? I thought those names sounded familiar.

Alvis: How do you know that when I don't? We have the same memories.

Ellen:
    I told you, I'm the smart one.

Some Guy likes this.
  20. Gladiolus83

Genbu: Yes, we were based on them and even named after them.

Zhuque: And that goes for me and the other demon kings, too. But we got the chinese names while Susu and his brothers got the japanese ones.

21. Wariforever14

Wariforever14 New Member

Nick- If he wants to, I suppose that's his choice
    Adam- Though, if you are trying to convince him not to, tell him why you specifically don't want him to go. That might help him understand, perhaps?

Suzumi- Yeah, Brittania was formed in 1917 at the end of the Great War. A bunch of countries decided to join together under the British government- now the Brittanian Parliament. Countries like the UK, Germany, France, Poland, Austria, etc. Since the main portion of the country is now in Europe, we moved the capital to Berlin.

Adam- I was born there!

Nick- I guess that whole "United Nations" basically became Brittania in our world? Hold on, they got someone onto the moon? No shit? Adam, pay attention, THEY GOT SOMEONE ON THE MOON.

Adam- Yes, Nicky, we heard. Honestly, I never even got past a second year education so... Do I really care about that kind of stuff?

Nick- You should. It's history.

Adam- Actually, technically, it's...the future?

Adam- Yep, we're essentially shapeshifters. They call us chimera, since we have two different sets of DNA.

Nick- For a lot of us, the first few times are...really painful. *He grimaces* I actually got really sick and nearly rejected the change. But once we get used to it, it's easier to control.

Suzumi- The instincts can take over for sure. Especially at the beginning- especially since most chimeras are changed as little kids, it's hard to understand what's happening. Also sometimes in times of stress or change- When I escaped, I spent six months living as a wolf. I don't remember much.

Nick- Yeah, she nearly ate me...

Suzumi- That is literally how we met. I hunted him...I could tell he didn't fit in with the other deer, and I thought he was sick. Turns out...well, he's human. Wouldn't taste good.

Nick- And now we're best friends. :D

Adam- Since we were changed as little kids, our personalities definitely reflect our animals. I tend to...rush in nosefirst into trouble. And little deer Nicky is a scaredy cat.

Nick- And I'm very good at NOT getting killed, thank you very much. I'm a medic.

Adam- Were you all born with the ability?

22. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sarah: Actually, it sounds like your Brittania is more like the EU—the European Union. The UN is all the countries. The Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, you name it. (Beat) But seriously, your world is…odd.

Rani: We got whisked through a tunnel between realms that opened in a locked 7/11. I don’t think we get to talk about odd.

23. Gladiolus83

Genbu: No, we were not. Once my brothers and I was just like any other human in Sekai, that is the name of our world by the way. Then the demons came invading from another dimension, and a big war started. One day this being calling itself The Creator appeared and helped us ascend into godhood. The shapeshifting came along with the ascension.

24. Fervidor

Fervidor Senior Member

Ellen:
    Yeah, I know the feeling. Me, I jumped through a portal into a magical fantasy world because a ghost told me to. Only, now I'm not totally sure she was actually a ghost. Also, my house was on fire. That was definitely a contributing factor. Directly after that I got scammed by a witch and basically stopped existing for a while.

Alvis:
    It was kind of a bad day.

25. Gladiolus83

????: Four? Sounds like somebody haven’t done enough research...

*Up on a beam near the roof sits a human and a demon*

Suzaku: Who the hell are you?!

The Human: Don’t you recognize us? But I guess it’s just that the ripples haven’t caught up with you yet. You are from the end of the series, while we are straight out of the rewrite of the first installment.

Suzaku: Wait... You are...

The Human: Careful. Nobody likes spoilers. And who we were is not important anymore. From now on I am Ouryuu - God of the Central Domains.

The Demon: And I am Huanglong, Demon King of the Center.

Genbu: The center?! But you don’t exist!!

Huanglong: Just because we are less known than you doesn’t make us any less part of the mythology.

Ouryuu: I’m sure this can get very interesting and all, but wouldn’t it be better for everyone if you revert to your younger selves?

*The Room shimmers a few seconds*

Zhuque: *touching his forehead* Okay, what the hell just happened?! Where am I? *Notices the four gods and back away.* And what are they doing here?!!

Suzaku: That’s what I want to know!

Huanglong: Much better, don’t you think?

Zhuque: *looking up* Huanglong? I should have known. What are you up to now? And do the others know?

Huanglong: *leaning his head against Ouryuu’s shoulder.* Oh, you’ll know soon enough... All of you will...