Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yaldabaoth

Yaldabaoth Member

Monsoon: Half-Japanese, yep. And my old man is a uh... He's... well... a freelance problem solver.

Leech: A supervillain mercenary.

Monsoon: I was getting to that.

2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Zeke: Well, I grew up in the Ascension Complex, which is on some nameless island in the middle of the ocean. I've just never seen pink trees before. I don't know if our world even has them.

3. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Fuu: Ascension... That happen in our story too. But it sound like it might be attempted at a larger scale than in ours.

Haruka: Speaking of that... How is it that Suzaku and his brothers are the only ones that have done it?

Fuu: Well, for starters, you need to summon The Creator and that is no easy task. And even if you do succeed it isn’t certain that The Creator will agree to help you. And then there is the risk of the immortality pill killing you rather then make you ascend. You need to be really strong already in order to make it.

Haruka: Then no wonder it hasn’t happened more.

Fuu: But there is that legend...

Haruka: You mean the one you told me when the fifth moon appeared a while ago?

Fuu: That’s the one.

4. LastMindToSanity

Zeke: Yikes, that's way different than ours. I don't really want to, myself, but have the both of you thought about becoming gods?

5. Gladiolus83

Haruka: No, can’t say that I have. I didn’t even think they actually existed until I ended up in Sekai.

Fuu: *chuckles* Yeah, I heard about your first meeting with Lord Suzaku. I actually think you set a record in how short time it took to make him that mad.

Haruka: Him getting all covered in flames put things in a whole new perspective, that’s for sure. But what about you? Have you thought about it?

Fuu: Not really. Sure, most would agree on that having more power would be great, but… I don’t know… The risks seem a little to high for my taste. As I am now, anyway.

6. Gladiolus83

Haruka: You mean that if you were to get stronger, one day you’d actually consider Ascending?

Fuu: Achieving my goal would become so much easier if I were a god, that’s for sure.

*In deep contemplation Haruka looks up at the trees. Soon he notices that the flowers has begun to fall.*

Haruka: Guess that’s it. *Rises to his feet. The blankets and baskets disappear.* But to end on a high note… How about some karaoke?

Fuu: Karaoke?

*A mic appear in Haruka’s hand.*

Haruka: Singing. And in case the lyrics isn’t clear enough… *Looks at Fuu* This is for you.

*Haruka takes Fuu’s hand and begins to bring it up for a kiss. Fuu suddenly jerks his hand away, but wraps it around the back of Haruka’s head and pull him closer for a kiss.*

Fuu: Damn it… The path ahead of me used to be crystal clear… But ever since I met you, it has become more and more clouded…

Haruka: Maybe you are finally realizing that there are things that are more important than your petty goal.

Fuu: *pushing Haruka away* Petty?!! *grabs the mic.* You had something to tell me… Well, now I have something to tell you.

Haruka: Okay, I get it… To soon. *To everyone* Anyone else wanna have ago?

7. LastMindToSanity

Zeke: Oh, not from me, thanks. I don't really like singing. But don't let me hurt your fun. That's Luna's job!

Jericho: You're being lame, Zeke. I, however, have a song that really speaks to my heart, and, now that I have the chance, I must sing it! *Deep breath* (His singing is terrible)

Zeke: Most of the time, you're pretty cool, Jericho. But, sometimes... you're this.

Gladiolus83 and Some Guy like this.
  8. Gladiolus83

*Fuu start to laugh.*

Fuu: No offence, Jericho, but… That is the… strangest song I’ve ever heard.

Haruka: You really should laugh more often. *To everyone* But on a more serious note… What do you guys, be it personally or the view of your worlds in general, think about equality? It can be gender quality, between different sexual orientations, whatever.

*Fuu start to open his mouth.*

Haruka: Yeah, yeah, we get it… Sekai is the perfect utopia. Or is it?

Fuu: What do you mean?

Haruka: Humans and demons. Have either side ever tried to understand the other? And isn’t it at least a little suspicious that the ones in higher positions are always those with strong magic?

Fuu: You are right. And if you had let me speak, I would have said pretty much the same thing.

9. LastMindToSanity

Jericho: I'm fine with it. It doesn't hurt anyone, so it's not a problem.

Zeke: Yeah, I don't think I've met anyone in our story who would disagree.

Jericho: I have. I think she got expelled in 4th grade for excessive bullying, or something like that. The girls'll agree with us, and of course Gabriel will support himself, so there.

Zeke: Actually, I have a question of my own. Is Haruka the protagonist, or is Fuu?

10. LastMindToSanity

Jericho: Well that's interesting. What kind of stuff does he mercenary?

Zeke: I'm not a genius or anything, but I don't think "mercenary" can be a verb, Jericho.

11. Gladiolus83

Haruka: To answer your question, Zeke, that would be me.

Fuu: For the first part of the series, anyway.

Haruka: That still counts.

keysersoze likes this.
  12. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Katie: I mean, Alyssa’s our token heterosexual, so yeah, I think we all love equality.

Vaimiti: It bewilders me, the things humans have chosen to hate each other over. Though I suppose when there is only one dominant species, they cannot hate each other for that.

Isabel: If someone hates us over in Vaimiti’s realm, it’s probably because we’re human. No one really gives a fuck about gender or sexuality or anything, but your species is pretty important.

Vaimiti: What she says is true. Certain things are expected of you based on what you are. Dwarves are miners and smiths, for example. And if you don’t fit what you’re supposed to, then gods help you.

13. LastMindToSanity

Jericho: *To Vaimiti* Do you have any pictures or paintings of other species or really cool creatures that you'd be willing to share? I have a really good friend who loves that kind of stuff, and I just remembered that I forgot to get her a birthday present.

Zeke: ... Wow, Jerry. Just, wow.

Gabriel: Nice one. You can really tell that you two are such good friends.

Jericho: Shut up! I forget things sometimes. Everyone forgets things! *To Vaimiti* So... about those paintings...

14. Gladiolus83

Fuu: If they isn’t interested, then maybe Haruka is.

Haruka: What?

Fuu: You really should see his work.

Haruka: *Blushing slightly* Well... Maybe not all of it...

Fuu: And why wouldn’t you... Oh! Wait... You haven’t shown me all of them?

Haruka: Only because those aren’t quite finished yet. But I think you’ll agree that those should stay between the two of us. But back to Jericho’s request... Any specific being you want drawn?

15. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Vaimiti: Well, no, I have no pictures. If you want something drawn, your best bet is asking an elf—they’re largely the ones expected to do creative things like that. Besides, there are no particularly interesting-looking species.

Katie: They’re just saying that because it’s normal to them. If you ask me, it’s all cool as hell.

16. LastMindToSanity

Jericho: She has so many things already, and I've got to pick one? I don't even know what the other ones are.

Gabriel: Didn't Luna mention some kind of horse thing?

Jericho: Yeah, I think it had a horn, or something...

Zeke: A unicorn.

Jericho: Yeah! Do you guys have any of those in your story?

17. Gladiolus83

Fuu: There are. But I can’t tell you how common or rare they are. They are extremely shy so it’s very hard to find them.

Haruka: But I can certainly draw one. Shouldn’t take too long.

*A couch and art supplies appear. Haruka sit down and get to work.*

Fuu: Just a warning. He is going to be as good as deaf until he’s done.

*A raven comes in and lands on Fuu’s shoulder.*

Fuu: What now…?

*He unties the note from its leg and as it flies away he read it. When he’s done he scrunches it.*

Fuu: Damn it! *To everyone* I have to go. If I’m not back when he is finished, tell him I’ll be right back.

*Fuu leaves*

(Fuu: *as he leaves* Damn that Zhuque! Why is it that birdbrain can never stick to the plan?!)

18. O.M. Hillside

O.M. Hillside Senior Member

Wanderer: Well, those are some damn strange ramblings and tid bits. I guess that was the kind of things people got up to back in the lost world. Although, I never knew a story of any world not uttered by a bonafide tribal which included such artistic interpretation of the well known laws of physics. Kind of reminds me of a bonny lass I knew back in Molta, or to be more specific: in the small farming town where I came up. She had sweet auburn hair and a peculiar affinity for orange fragrance. Yup, but that was a long time ago. 'Fore I got banished and had no choice but to rough it out in the desert, all things considered, I didn't mind. Price I paid to live a little.

Prof: What are you mumbling about?

Wanderer: Hm? Oh, nothing.

Prof: Really? Because it seemed like it was something.

Wanderer: No, no. Definitely wasn't something, professor. I think I'd know if it was. Now listen, if we're gonna make it to that coordinate you got there on your fancy gadget, maybe we should do a little less with the idle chatter. That's what got you and them muck drudgers you was with trampled and torn apart by them pack of dromedas, what was stirred up by the storm. You're lucky I dropped in when I did.

Prof: Well, there's one thing we can agree on. And yes, I must admit I am indebted to you but I never thought a desert-wandering bumpkin would save my life. Well, anyway, let's go.

Wanderer: Hop in the truck, professor.

19. LastMindToSanity

Gabriel: I hope you aren't leaving, yet. You just got here. I'm pretty sure time is stopped whenever we're in here, so you should be fine to stick around for a bit. Who are you guys, anyway?

20. Gladiolus83

Haruka: *holding the sketchpad at arm’s length.* Done!

*He looks away from the drawing and notices Fuu’s absence. Just as he is about to speak Fuu enters.*

Fuu: Oh, you’re finished?

Haruka: Yeah. Where did you go?

Fuu: Just a small matter I needed to attend to. Not even worth mentioning, actually. Let’s see the drawing.

*Haruka turns the pad around. The color drawing is of a pure white unicorn with a golden horn standing in a field of lilies. On it’s back sits a smiling Niki.*

Haruka: Since both unicorns and lilies symbolize purity, I thought they fit well together. And I figured it was for Niki, so I took the liberty of including her.

Fuu: I think this is one of your best works yet. But I might be partial...

Haruka: *holding out the pad to Jericho* There you go.

Fuu: *To Wanderer and Professor* I happened to overhear, and I agree with Gabriel. You really should stay a while. What is your story, by the way?

21. O.M. Hillside

*Wanderer and Professor are seated in the truck, driving down the hard desert floor*

Wanderer: Well, now. That is strange, it doesn't seem to matter where I go I can still read you loud and clear.

Professor: I know. I'm sitting right next to you.

Wanderer: What? Oh no, not you, the people!

Professor: ... The people. I see. I guess the heat's finally gotten to you.

Wanderer: Huh, well it doesn't seem like Professor can hear you guys and I do believe my mind's seemed to develop a mind of its own! Well, to make a long story short, Professor is looking for the arkship. One of them, anyway. I'm babysitting his ass, because I guess they don't teach basic survival skills at the fancy Yorba College. He thinks he's got a lead based on some tribal oral tradition talking about a great metal castle which the desert swallowed into its bowels some odd centuries ago.

Professor: Hey, turn up here.

Wanderer: You got it. Anyway, that's what he was doing with them muck drudgers sent to him by the College. They got tools for digging and such, to try and find lost relics of the Arkman. They were attacked by dromeda! They're these wild beasts. Skin thick enough to soak bullets, muscled limbs, and sharp teeth to rip through flesh. They're kind of like horses, but a bit different. They carry a heavy skinpack on their back, it stimulates their muscle, makes them stronger.

Professor: I still don't know what you're doing with all this but that's called a hump. They store nutrients in it. They're some kind of mutated camel. Our best guess places their emergence in the dark period.

Wanderer: Well, notwithstanding, they own the desert, you don't mess with them unless you really know what you're doing. Now, I've been living here for awhile now and I know my way around most any challenge the desert can throw at me. But the Professor and his boys? Not so much. I happened to be in the area, and I saw what was going on. I used the element of surprise and managed to save him. Unfortunately, his friends were already finished by the time I could make my move.

Professor: Six and half more miles. Six and a half more miles. Six and a ...

Wanderer: Now I think I've been going on about myself enough. Tell me about yourself. Fuu and Haruka, is it? And Gabriel? I am intrigued by how peaceful ya'll seem. Drawing pictures and such. I myself wouldn't think to call a horse with a horn sticking out pure. That sucker could be dangerous, stick a man through and launch him several yards into the dirt. I wouldn't mind wrestling one, though. That could be fun.

22. Gladiolus83

Haruka: Nice to meet you. Well, my name is Haruka Mamoru, and I’m from Earth. One morning however I somehow find myself in this magical world called Sekai. I have been trying to figure out how to get back, but no luck yet.

Fuu: I’m Fuu, and I’m from Sekai. I am one of the guards serving Lord Suzaku of Minami, one of the four Gods that rule our world. When Haruka suddenly showed up I became his bodyguard, so in a way I guess you and I are a little similar, Wanderer. And you calling us peaceful… Sekai isn’t exactly a peaceful place. There is a war going between humans and demons. Sure, the demons have been quiet the last few years, but that seems to be changing right now.

Haruka: And there we have one more reason for me to get home. Literary being the only one without magic means things can get dicey. How about you? Do you have any special abilities?

23. O.M. Hillside

Wanderer: Get back to Earth? Perhaps it suits you to stay in Sekai. Earth has been lost. If the stories are true, it's nothing but a barren rock now. At least in my universe. It must be interesting to know your gods personally. If I did, I may be more inclined to pray. Sounds like you guys have more on your plate than I thought. I'm very skilled with a six shooter or a rifle, but I can't shoot thunderbolts out of my finger tips if that's what you mean.

24. Gladiolus83

Haruka: Staying? I have to admit there is one very compelling reason to do so…

Fuu: Part of me still thinks it would have been best if things had stayed platonic between us, but… I can’t deny that I would be very happy if you stay.

Haruka: By the way, why is the professor seeking this arkship? And what is it exactly?

25. O.M. Hillside

Wanderer: Well you two are going to have to figure that out at some point, ain't ya? The arkships are the ships humanity escaped Earth on. They took to the stars in a desperate attempt to escape its impending doom. Like the mythical vikings who flew on to foreign shores, except the Arkman didn't ride dragons. They rode ships! And those that took to the ships dispersed throughout the cosmos. This planet is one of those that the Arkman landed on many centuries ago. But the Arkman are lost, as is their legacy. Or so I learned from my Ma and Pa and the elders of our community in the stories. Everyone's got their own versions. Like those tribals that speak of metal castles and multiple realities.

Prof: Ah yes, the Arkman. The ones who took to the stars to escape a dying earth. Who mastered all sciences. Who could harness the power of a sun and breathe life into metal! May we find this arkship and restore our people to their proper place in the stars. Even if I must slum it with a schizophrenic and worse: a Westerner, finding this ship will be worth it.

Wanderer: Least I ain't no city slick, I heard ya'll are fond of sticking your thumbs up your own asses. What's that all about?

Prof: What? I do not know where you came up with such drivel.

Wanderer: Anyway, we got all manner of creatures and the way technology's been progressing lately, it seems we're approaching the level of magic. So you say you got magic and demons, and what's that all about? What do you mean by a demon? What do they do? What do they look like?