Character Chatroom

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Simpson17866, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gladiolus83

Gladiolus83 Contributor Contributor

Fuu: Regarding magic it is part of what makes up our world. Everyone is born with one element they can create and manipulate. Air, in my case. And about the demons… They appeared a thousand years ago and began invading. We still don’t know exactly why or where they come from. They consist of a large variety of species so their looks can be all over the place. Most of them are pretty humanoid, though.

Haruka: As someone who grew up in the city, I have to agree with the professor on that comment. And do you know why your Earth was abandoned? I get that it must have been because it became uninhabitable, but how did that happen?

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  2. LastMindToSanity

LastMindToSanity Contributor Contributor

Jericho: *Takes the painting.* Thank you! I'll pay you back later, but I have to go wrap this! *Runs off.*

Zeke: At least he said thank you.

Gabriel: What did you get her, anyway?

Zeke: It's a necklace of a cat. You?

Gabriel: It's this neat little butterfly hairpin.

Gabriel: I know that my group is just trying to relax. We're in the middle of some stressful stuff, especially for Luna, and we just want to get lost in the completely out-of-place serenity. Your place sounds pretty intense, though. I don't think we could deal with that all day. How do you do it?

3. Gladiolus83

*As the couch and art supplies begins to disappear Fuu notices a second sketchpad. He quickly grabs it and before Haruka can stop him Fuu starts flipping through the pages. Suddenly he stops on a drawing.

Fuu: This... *He looks at Haruka* This is Seiya, isn’t it?

Haruka: ...

*Fuu lets go of the pad, but before it can hit the floor it vanishes*

Fuu: And you keep telling me to stop obsessing over the past... *He gently places his hand on Haruka’s arm* Maybe it’s time you start heeding your own advice.

4. Gladiolus83

Haruka: Have any of you ever been given a nickname that was… Now, what’s the right word…?

Fuu: *counting on his fingers* Unusual? Weird? Stupid? Offensive?

Haruka: Not helping, Honeybee.

Fuu: *muttering* Just because I really don’t like sweet food… Not that funny…

Haruka: Unexpected! Have any of you ever been given a nickname that was unexpected?

Fuu: I for one have been called a few things… But I rather bite my tongue off than repeat them.

Haruka: Well, my dad is an archeologist and back when I grew up he was part of a international team, which meant mom and I came with him as he went to sites all over the world. The other kids must have thought my name was hard to say or difficult to remember because soon enough everyone called me Harry.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I was a President, but I nicknamed myself The Tyrant.

6. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Vaimiti: The humans constantly call me a Smurf, and refuse to tell me what it means. I can only assume it is playfully offensive.

Camila: We kinda can't tell them, at this point. We've got a thing going where we don't tell them, and telling them would ruin it.

7. Planaray_v82

Planaray_v82 New Member

Tarai: Give a monkey some power and check the mess.

8. Planaray_v82

Planaray_v82 New Member

Tarai: but I guess dont matter what version your drivin..ing. Greeds on every level. Demons foo, best antidote is to love em! It freaks the real ones out. You should meet IX.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  9. Planaray_v82

Planaray_v82 New Member

Yan: Yah its called transfer integrity, humans can die of it.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  10. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Vaimiti: What?!

Isabel: Okay, yeah, no. Not sure what that’s supposed to mean, but I’m pretty sure you’re just spouting BS.

11. Gladiolus83

Haruka: *To Vaimiti* In all honesty, I wouldn’t think too much about the girls calling you a Smurf. Unless you meet a old man named Gargamel, then my advice is to run as fast as you can.

Fuu: So you know what a Smurf is? Care to tell me?

*Haruka whispers in Fuu’s ear*

Fuu: Hm... Yeah, that makes sense. And speaking of nicknames, if you will keep insisting on calling me Honeybee then it is only fair that I get one for you.

Haruka: I don’t mind. Let’s hear it.

Fuu: I can’t.

Haruka: Huh? Why not?

Fuu: Because I haven’t thought of it yet, that’s why!

Haruka: Well, let me know when you do. *to the girls* But who came up with it? Was it a group decision or was it one of you who thought of it and the rest just went along with it?

12. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Sarah: Rani started it.

Rani: It was way back at the beginning of all this. I was confused as hell, but I knew Vaimiti had blue skin, so my hell brain went “Smurf.”

Alyssa: It stuck.

Vaimiti: What is a…Gargamel?

13. Gladiolus83

Haruka:

Fuu: *embraces Haruka from behind, easily resting his chin on his head.* What are you thinking, Little One?

Haruka: What? Just because you are a full head taller than me… Well, I guess that makes us even then, doesn’t it, Honeybee?

Fuu: Guess so. Now, what were you thinking?

Haruka: Well... Most people here have powers, right? But if you could choose any other power and have that instead, what would it be? For example, if I had been born in Sekai I think water would have been a good fit for me. Then I could still do my art.

Fuu: Because of watercolors. Right. My answer might have been different before I met you, but now… I think it could be interesting seeing what it would be like to not have any powers at all.

Haruka: Wanting to put yourself in my shoes? For someone who hates the taste you are so sweet sometimes.

14. LastMindToSanity

Luna: You two suck at keeping a conversation going.

Zeke: I was waiting for the others to say something.

Luna: And that's the problem. Gabriel, please go look after Niki while I try my best to salvage our presence in this space.

Gabriel: Geez, fine. For the record, if I could have a different power, it'd be to make fire. *He leaves*

Luna: I'm with Fuu on this. I think I'd be fine going without any kind of super powers. They've got too much baggage attached for my liking.

Zeke: We'll agree on that. Just having them makes me feel responsible when someone needs help.

Luna: I feel like you'd just be a police officer, or something.

Zeke: Nah, I'd want to open up a coffee shop, or a bookstore; something quiet.

Luna: Seriously?

15. Some Guy

Truman: I never had superpowers or god powers, but I did have power. Sooner or later you have to decide what you'll do with it, and accept the consequences. Even failing to decide has equal or worse consequences - as I learned. If you have power, and you think about changing it, you probably need to change the way you are using it - or change what you use it for. Being inside Seeker as I am, I suppose I could have a superpower, but timelessness is beyond power. It has no consequences if I choose not to wield it. Unique!
    Seeker: ...
    Truman: Ha! Betcha didn't think I'd figure that out! *holds up glass and watches it fill* Don't worry I'm deliriously happy with the way things are.

16. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Rani: I want to be able to fly.

Camila: Are you still on about the flying thing?

Rani: I want to fly. I deserve it.

Katie: Debatable.

Rani: Silence, freshman. Anyways, that’s my decision for a new superpower. Let me fly.

Katie: I, for one, would like to try that whole fire thing. Water’s cool and all, but burning people is so much more efficient.

Camila: …thank God you’re not the pyrokinetic one. I like my current powers, although it might be cool to do what Isabel does, with plants and all that.

Isabel: I’m satisfied with bending nature to my will, thanks.

Sarah: You know what I want? I want essence magic. That’s what Vaimiti does—opening portals, tracking people, lots of other cool stuff that I can’t remember. I want that.

Vaimiti: We’ve been over this. Humans can’t use it.

Sarah: A girl can dream, though.

Alyssa: I’m good with electricity. I’d like to stop shocking people when they touch me half the time, but aside from that it’s good.

17. Some Guy

Truman: *to Rani* You can try flying with an Alpha. This is a safety zone. No harm in trying.
    *to Camila* Let her experience the reality. I found that giving people power (discretely controlled) was the best way to break delusions and quell dissent - a lesson in consequences and limitations. Reality.

18. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Camila: Well, first off, I can’t let her experience the reality, because that’s not how it works. The magic we have is the magic we have. We can’t just trade. Besides, I’m not trusting a hotheaded, impulsive fourteen-year-old with control over fire, even if that were possible.

Katie: I feel attacked. I mean, it’s true, but I still feel attacked.

Rani: What the hell’s an Alpha?

19. Some Guy

Truman: Alpha is a shape-changer, a machine. Technically, it's a Magneto-kinetic Polymorphous Automaton. The designers called them Mag-moebas. This an Alpha-class prototype, the most advanced ever made. It can take the shape and strength of anything, including armor. Or wings! You wear it like a suit, ride it like a horse, fly in it like a bird. It has medical training. They can learn from you. They can teach children and care for them, even play!

20. LastMindToSanity

Zeke: Mango-kinetic polymorph automation?

Luna: Yeah, I didn't catch most of that, either. Are they common in your story?

21. Gladiolus83

Haruka: I also have a question, Truman. Or more of a clarification. When you told Camila to let Katie have a taste of reality, does that mean that I could try water magic here?

22. Some Guy

Truman: *to Luna* They were essential to surviving humanity and kept a presence in our story, but they were not common. It was hoped there would be at least one for every 2500 to 5000 survivors, but they were constantly moving to where they were critically needed. There were certainly never enough to be a convenience. We also launched many of them in missiles to serve in desperate parts of the world. I think their scarcity and service helped to bring the surviving people of the world together. Ironic, really.
    *to Haruka* This place has its own protections, but I created the Arena over there as a courtesy to keep exhibitions of power from being annoying to non-participants. We need a place to experiment and show off! So go ahead and try! I fly with Alpha in there. I even had a battle challenge in there! I almost won! Sorta.
    Truman: What? I said almost. *shrugs and grins*

23. Gladiolus83

Fuu: So, do you want to try?

Haruka: You bet!

Fuu: *as they enter the arena* Speaking of bets... How about I provide you some motivation? If you succeed I’ll give you a kiss.

Haruka: I’m not sure I need more motivation, but if you insist I don’t mind. But to the point here... Since I’ve never done things like this before I think it’s best to start small.

*A bucket full of water appears.*

Haruka: So... How does this work?

Fuu: Well, in Sekai magic works pretty much like this place. You just think it, gestures can help you with the focus but that’s pretty much it.

Haruka: Okay...

*He focus on the water, but nothing happens. Just as he is about to give up the whites of his eyes darken so that his eyes are completely black. The water disappears from the bucket.*

Haruka: *blinking as his eyes return to normal* Okay... What just happened?!

Fuu: I don’t know... Maybe you tried to hard. Wanna give it another go?

*Haruka nods. The bucket gets refilled and he concentrates on the water once more. This time it floats out of the bucket and levitates in the air. He moves his hands and the water takes various shapes.

Haruka: This is actually quite fun!

Fuu: Just don’t...

*The water fall to the ground with a splash*

Fuu: ...loose focus. I must admit you did better than I expected. It wouldn’t surprise me if you actually develop magic eventually.

Haruka: You think so?

Fuu: Yeah. But I recall a certain promise... *He leans down and kisses Haruka on the forehead.*

Haruka: What? That’s it?

Fuu: Well, isn’t the purpose of rewards to keep you working to get better? So that’s what the first successful attempt get you.

Haruka: Fine...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  24. LastMindToSanity

Zeke: An arena? Like, for fights?

Luna: I think May mentioned something about that. She seemed pretty upset that Truman lost; something about him 'having an overwhelming advantage and still screwing it up.'

Zeke: It's been a while hasn't it, wanna go a round?

Luna: Not in such a small space. It's far too cramped in there. I'm kind of curious about something else, actually. *To Truman* Truman, the Arc I knew was almost unstoppable, but I heard that you had him on the ropes pretty much until the end. How powerful are your machines, exactly? What the extents of your abilities?

Zeke: *Steps into the arena and addresses Fuu and Haruka.* That water trick's pretty cool. You mind helping me test something out? I want to see how my fire swords stand up to legitimate magical water. It's pretty good against Luna's, but that's not magic.

Luna: Careful with that one, Matchstick. I get the feeling he's a little out of our league. Our energy can't stand up to true magic.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  25. Some Guy

Truman: * to Rani* You can try flying as something closer to ground, say, a butterfly. Not too fast, not too high. Alpha Subunit One, detach Alpha-Pup! Mission: Recreation and well-being. Subject: Rani. *Part of Alpha sags away and forms into a puppy. The puppy runs to Rani and sits up with its paws cutely and little tail wagging*
    Alpha-Pup: Erff!
    Truman: Just hold your arms out and say, "butterfly."
    *to Luna* Any power has limitations, or it would eventually consume you. Alpha can reflect, absorb, transmit, or redirect any physical power as long as it holds its own charge. It's all about energy transfer, and there is always some energy lost in a transfer. It will recharge, but any process takes some amount of time, even if it's just an instant. Technical specs are classified, but its capacities are amazing! If magic has a physical effect Alpha will attempt to defend against it. They are completely independent in action and have a moral code. They will never attack. But! We can play! *wearing Alpha like a suit, he steps into the arena and it expands* How much space do we need?