Character Development Clinic

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Mallory, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Pyraeus

Pyraeus New Member

1) What would Alistair do if he learned that his mother and father didn't split up because of 'danger of being hunted down' but because they didn't love each other anymore. If they had a fight? Then what would he think of his brother?

It would probably make the crevice between them wider than it is already, into an abyss. He's become exceptionally solitary over the years.

2) Alistair probably has different (cultural) beliefs than his brother, due to being raised in a different place. How does he cope with this when they're together? For example, would he try to force his beliefs on his brother, or does he keep quiet and accept the different beliefs?

His brother spent much of his time in the west, and his brother grew up as a knight. Therefore his brother has a view on honour and the like. Alistair does not care for it as much, but respects his brother's views and holds his tongue on such matters.

3) Since Alistair is 1000 years old, does he ever feel like he's "done". Does he feel like he's seen everything in the world? How does he keep himself from being bored in times of relative calm?

He is often busy studying and researching about the various artifacts, scrolls and tomes he has collected over the years, and collecting more. He views mortals as being too head strong to hold the power, and so has taken these items with him to his tower at Dagoth Fel where he can keep them from prying eyes. So far, it has worked. He has grown more solitary as the years have passed, feeling there is nothing there to drive him towards a goal, only his eternal thirst for knowledge.
    No matter how much he gathers, there is always something else that he feels cannot be left in mortal hands.

4) Alistair does have a lot of life experience. This probably means he can read people very well. Does he ever use this for things it shouldn't be used for (like pretending to love someone/scamming people/help companies to the top).

Yes, at one point he convinces a group of people to release a young child into his care (The child is actually a great-great Xwhatever grandchild.) whom he feels might supply him with that sense of direction he needs, and who might help direct him away from his lifelong obsession with his beloved relics.

5) How does Alistair Thorne feel about love? (since all his lovers will die 'in a short time' anyway). Does he even feel love?

He can feel love. Due to his age, he has obviously had plently of experience with the S word, and so he no longer feels much of a need to engage in it. He feels love towards his family, who he cares about (So much so he has provided them with a few items he felt could be entrusted to them-Such as a hammer for his brother and a sword for his father. He himself carries at least two items; a pair of magical boots which never need repairing-Supposedly some guy got tired of buying new ones and came up with the ingenious idea- and a ring which allows wind to be controlled-there seems to be a limit to how often it can be used, however, as Alistair treats the artifacts as if they have minds of their own-some of them do- and says that abusing an artifacts power can cause it to abandon the wearer. (Frankly I think he just manages to avoid using it through his policy of "Don't get involved in whatever crap my brother has gotten himself into for as long as possible)

P.S About the "Sorcerer" and "Sorceror" thing.
    I actually thought it was "Sorcerer" myself, but word said it was wrong, and I guessed word must have been right. It's actuallly been bugging me a fair bit. Thanks for clearing that up.

P.S.S Yes, Alistair is basically a thousand year old loner of a kleptomaniac hermit living in a tower with his assorted trinkets stroking them and muttering "my preeeciooous..."

Sorry, I just had to make the reference, didn't I? :redface:

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Ok, so I saw this thread floating near the bottom of the word games, and decided to give it a go, maybe get it moving again.

Name: Esmyla
    Occupation: Mystic, part of an ancient magical society on Earth, the last of her kind, aside from the antagonist

Esmyla only became the last of her kind 10 years before the story begins, and has been travelling to determine where her enemy is (another Mystic who is using his powers for personal gain). She must also train a new generation of Mystics before the society itself dies out. They have long been involved in saving the Earth from large threats, such as Hitler, Napolean, and Alexander the Great.

The story is set in the year 2210, in the United States after a man with magical powers took over and began ruling the country his way. Esmyla is currently the only one who can bring him down, but she needs help as well, since the antagonist has more power than she does (she knows this for a fact).

Appreciate questions for my character!

3. patriciawilhelmiina

patriciawilhelmiina New Member

I'm so glad I found this thread! I really need some help with my newest characters.

First character:
    Name: Either Carleigh Rylance or Coral Rylance

This character is a young girl, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world with her mom, younger sister and older brother. Her dad went missing when she was young, and after that the country they live in went through a civil war. Now the country is in crisis, people are starving etc. Now, at 17, her beloved older brother goes missing too. His body is never found, so she decides to go look for him. She leaves, and meets a boy who seems to know where her brother might be.

The other character is the boy. His name is going to be Frisco Myrleen. All I have planned for this character is that he is a rebel, who actually does know where Carleigh's/Coral's brother is, because her brother is a rebel too, and he has been captured by the "peacekeepers" or whatever. The rebels want Carleigh/Coral to join them for a revolution, but they need to free her brother first.

The story might seem a bit confusing (I know, because I'm a bit confused with it myself), but when I have worked it out, I think it's going to be great. I'm just having difficulties with these 2 characters. I have imagined the girl to be a little fox-like: reddish hair, yellow eyes and a "sly" personality. But yeah, anyways, questions would be nice!

4. Pyraeus

Pyraeus New Member

@patriciawilhelmiina
    What made Coral join the rebels?
    What pushes Carleigh into going in search of her older brother?
    When/if she finds her brother, what is the reception like?
    Are there any reasons she would consider joining with the rebels?

@naturemage
    What events has Esmyla taken part in? Has she helped defeat a/several dangerous individual(s) over the course of her 200 years?
    What killed off the other mystics?
    What is is that makes one a mystic?
    Can anyone become a mystic, or is it a special "gift" or talent among a certain number of humans?
    What stops her from aging? Is she using some kind of magic spell(s)? Does the use of her powers, or the way in which she aquires them prevent her from aging?

5. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Angel Leslie Grace Beaumont.
    Aged 19 years, 4 months, 9 days.

A Celeste among the Darkkin Tribe, a halfling, who by accordance with the High Councils' decree should have been killed at birth. Orphaned at age eleven when her father went mad, she watched all three of her elder brothers succumb to the same mysterious malady. She walks with a subtle limp from an 'accident' that shattered her left femur. Basically raised in seminaries, she has not had much contact with the Tribe, indeed few of them even know she exists. Her grandmother and sole surviving relative, the Dowager Countess of Taverton, has gone to great lengths to keep Angel a secret. Upon the death of Angel's last brother, Harry, guardianship has now passed to the Tribe Matriarch, the Dowager Countess. The Dowager knows she cannot keep Angel a secret any longer with the young lady now in residence.

Above all else Angel fears falling into madness like her father and brothers, but it doesn't look like a fate she is going to be able to avoid. Already she has been hearing songs, seeing phantoms in the shadows. Due to the Dowager's influence, the truth of Angel's birth has been well and truly hidden. Angel has begun to doubt her own sanity, but fears to ask the required questions. Her family has not dealt kindly with her in the past.

6. Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea Member

@naturemage
    - Are mystics immortal? If not, what is their expected lifespan?
    - Is Esmyla a "normal" human, other than being a mystic? Does she eat, drink and sleep? Is she able to have children?
    - I don't understand. First you say she is the last of her kind. Then you say the antagonist is another mystic, who is using his powers for personal gain, and who she knows is more powerful than her. Then you say she has to "train" other mystics. Does she believe she is the last one, and later finds out that there are others like her?
    - What are Esmyla's magic powers? Does she have any signature spells?
    - She has lived for 200 years. Does she remember any important facts from her life? Are they important? Does she remember her mother and father? Friends that died? Has she ever fallen in love?

@patriciawhilemiina
    - What was the apocalyptcial event that destroyed/greatly disturbed the earth? Just a civil war? It would need to be bigger than that. Or is the civil war a consequence of a crumbling society?
    - Which groups currently control society? Are the "peacekeepers" working for some kind of government? Who are the "rebels" fighting against?
    - What's Coral's older brother's name and how old is he?
    - How old is Frisco? Is he older than Coral? Does he have a family of his own (parents, brothers) or is he an orphan?
    - Under which circumstances did Frisco join the rebels?

@darkkin
    - What's a "celeste"? Who are the "darkkin" tribe?
    - She has been mistreated by her family. Is there anyone Angel actually trusts in?
    - Does Angel have any good memories from her deceased father and brothers?
    - What happened to Angel's mother?
    - What does Angel do with her time, other than "being safely hidden"? Does she read? Write? Enjoys nature? Does she try to do something in order to keep her mind occupied, in an attempt to prevent her from falling to insanity?
    - Does Angel have any hidden powers that will later manifest themselves in the story?

7. LunacorvaChaosMode

LunacorvaChaosMode New Member

Well, I might give this a go:

Character 1

Full name: Sabyn (On Sabyn's homeworld, the use of names from the Marovian
    language has been in fashion for over twenty years, hence no last name.)

Height: 5,8

Weight: skinny

Hair colour: Black

Hair length: Short. Originally if had it halfway down his neck, with strands hanging over his face (He thought it looked cool and mysterious) but it kept getting in his way in a fight, so he cut it short. He did NOT do a very attractive job of it

Eye colour: blue

Face shape: pointed

Body type: Tall and skinny. Sabyn is VERY fit, but in what is probably the most unhealthy way possible, as if all the fat has been brutally torn away, leaving only the bare essentials (this is due to an excess of exercise combined with a lack of nutrition.)

Additional notes on appearance (eg scars, tattoos): Sabyn has slightly Asiatic features: slightly slanted eyes, slightly raised cheekbones, yellowish tinge to his skin ect. This is because, during the 2020's the most numerous carriers of the 'Mage Gene' were Asians

Key Friends: Exile

Enemies: Reyn

Phobias / Fears: Sabyn is TERRIFIED of Reyn

Bad Habits / Vices: Sabyn is cocky, sarcastic and disrespectful, even in situations were doing so will get him into a LOT of trouble. (It does)

Quirks: Sabyn tends to do silly, random things like strapping a rubber chicken to his head, simply for the fun of it. He also has a habit of sleeping outside, even when there is no need to, due to being aclimatised to sleeping rough and finding himself trapped and uncomfortable when sleeping indoors.

Best Qualities: Creative, Intelligent, fiercely loyal, strong sense of justice, strong sense of humor, charitable nature.

Worst Qualities: Paranoid, calculating, manipulative, violent, cruel, always believes that he is right and tends to follow his own whims without any regard to what is socially acceptable. This, along with his "I can do anything" attitude, finds him in situations that are way over his head. Sabyn is also an EXTREMELY proud person and will fight to defend that pride even when the smart option is to swallow it.

Morality / Ethics: VERY conflicted, Sabyn used to have a strong moral code (Always help those in need, only kill in self defence ect. However, after having to break his code over and over again in order to keep himself and his friends alive, he has become much more cynical, and has started to regard such things as weaknesses, adopting a much more ruthless outlook. On the other hand, he will instinctively stand up for those who need it

Style of Speech: joking, easy going, and irreverant
    4/18

Background: Until only six months ago, Sabyn's life had been relatively normal. His family ran a club that taught children Mengarrada spellcasting, (a form of magic created by his family that manipulated raw magical energy, rather than manipulating the environment like normal magic did). Sabyn's best friend at the time was a quiet, friendly and intelligent boy named Reyn, who also served as his main rival at the club. This peace was torn apart when Sabyn was forced to watch helplessly one night as Reyn tortured and massacred everyone Sabyn had ever known. For it was revealed that night that Reyn was FAR more powerful than he had pretended to be, having achieved a horrifying level of skill in a matter of months, and Sabyn's friends and family just happened to be the perfect test subjects. Sabyn himself fought with all his hatred and cunning against Reyn but he was completely outclassed. However, it was this determination that saved Sabyn's life, for it caught the interest of Reyn who realised that Sabyn was FAR too entertaining to kill. Instead, Reyn allowed Sabyn the chance to escape and regroup himself. Fleeing from his broken home, Sabyn began seeking fights wherever he could, hoping that he could aquire the skill necessary to kill Reyn. It was during this time that he met a travelling warrior who called himself 'Exile'. Although neither of them liked each other, both were practical enough to understand the value in working together. This partnership would soon become Sabyn's only link to sanity, because Reyn soon began manipulating events in order to play a series of sadistic 'games' with Sabyn, torturing him both psychologically and physically.

Skills: Magic (good but not great), unarmed combat (good but not great), acrobatics(above average). Sabyn's best skill however, is his ability to work out the areas where he is strong and the opponent is weak and find creative ways to beat his enemies. This allows him to go toe to toe with people like Exile- who GREATLY outclass him in terms of raw ability- and come out the victor 50% of the time.
    4/18

By the way, Sabyn is pronounced Sa-bihn (Bihn rhymes with Line)

Clothing Style: wears denimn shorts and a dark blue tank top

Handedness : Right handed

Relationship with Friends: Sabyn has a bickering, snarky relationship with Exile, to the point where insulting each other has become something of a prebattle ritual. Secretly however each believes the other to be the better man, and they are fiercely loyal to one another

Sexual Background: Straight.
    Personal Goals: to kill Reyn. Seven months ago he was at that stage many teenagers find themselves, where you have several hobbies you LIKE, but you don't know what you want to do with your life. Ever since the massacre of his family and friends, the need to kill Reyn has become an allconsuming goal, to the point where he honestly can't imagine doing anything else. I should also mention that he has become addicted to the adrenaline that comes from a fight.

Character 2

Name: Prototype DG01, A.K.A 'Jarzhun' A.K.A 'Exile'

Backstory: In March of the year 2512, 'Genesis', a company, that designed weapons for military agencies, decided to create a new variation on their 'Deyrakava
    ' soldiers.

Deyrakava are genetically and cybernetically enhanced soldiers who are artificially created to be the ultimate melee warriors. Deyrakava's are souless and savage, possessing no intellect save for an uncanny knowledge of how to massacre in the most efficient way possible. During the year 2512, 'Genesis' unveiled their plans for a knew breed of deyrakava, 'stealth deyrakavas'. Where the original deyrakava's were mindless living weapons, these new prototypes would be as intelligent as a human, with all their implants, hidden beneath the skin. These modifications, would allow this new breed of deyrakava
    to get close to high priority targets, where they could be activated and used to murder said target.

Unfortunately the prototypes where unsuccessful. The reason behind this was simple. Because they did not have the mindless killing instinct of their predecessors, these knew deyrakava proved far less effective, even when their 'Berserk Mode' was activated. Some of them even decided to leave the project and instead tried to live happy normal lives on their own

When the project was deemed a failure, all of the sentient Deyrakava's where deemed unnecessary, and thus executed.

Approximately three year's later, the stealth deyrakava project was renewed with some modifications. Like it's failed predecessor, this new prototype would be sentient. However, it would also have several organic implants and drugs, implanted in it's brain that would give the prototype an instinctive urge to kill, these same implant's would also cause a constant pain in the target, a pain that would only be relieved when the prototype killed something. Third, the prototype still possessed a 'Berserk Mode' that would send the target into a killing frenzy exactly like that of the original deyrakava. This combined system would keep the prototype on a constant edge, allowing it to remain sentient, while still fulfilling it's purpose of being a living weapon.

However, Genesis wished to give the prototype real world experience. Therefore, after he was created, The Prototype was left to be raised by a nomadic tribe of desert warriors, who named him Jarzhun.
    Although he had the mind of a child for most of his life, Jarzhun possessed the unaging body of a teenager (stealth deyrakava are made to look young in order order to lure targets into a false sense of security). This obviously made him an outsider amongst the tribe, too big to be friends with the children, and too childlike to be friends with the adults. Knowing this, Jarzhun decided to gain their respect the old fashioned way, by earning it. Because he lived in a warrior society, Exile devoted himself to becoming the tribes greatest warrior. His determination was rewarded and he was eventually accepted as a valued member of the tribe
    4/18

For most of Jarzhun's life, Genesis repressed the prototype's implants enabling him to 'grow up' normally, when he had reached the 'age' of 14, Genesis activated his implants.

For Jarzhun, 14 became an age of terror and confusion, at first he found himself constantly racked with a mysterious pain that would not go away no matter what he did. At the same time, paranoia like thoughts began to cloud his mind, he would find himself constantly evaluating the threat of everyone around him, even close friends. At the same time whenever he looked at someone, his first thought would inexplicably be how best to kill them.

It wasn't long before the first massacre's began.

It would happen to him every week, the pain and the urge to eliminate all the 'threats' would become too much to resist, and he would massacre everyone in sight until he was too exhausted to move. Then he would wake up, surrounded by mutilated bodies and feeling a burning pain stabbing into his mind.

And thus the cycle would begin again

After the first massacre, the elders of his tribe, imprisoned Jarzhun for the safety of the other tribemembers.

However, this proved to be analogous to torture for the boy. Deprived of the ability to commit the murders that his implants forced him to commit. Jarzhun found himself wracked with agony day and night.
    Eventually the elders took pity on him and revealed to Jarzhun that he was never human to begin with, but rather a biological weapon.
    4/18

To their surprise, Jarzhun received this information with a calm acceptance. While he was horrified by what he was, he was also a very practical person. And thus made an ultimatum:

"If my only worth is to be a murderer. Then I may as well make myself useful"

With this philosophy in mind, Jarzhun accepted the elders' offer, and became the tribe assassin, hunting down the tribe's most dangerous adversaries in places far away from his home.

It was on one such mission that he met Sabyn and was reluctantly forced to admit that it would be in the best interests of both parties if they joined forces. However, it is forbidden for members of Jarzhun's tribe to speak the tribes language to outsiders. Thus when Sabyn asked Jarzhun his name, the young warrior replied

"I do not reveal my name to strangers, you may call me Exile"
    4/18

Height: 6.0

Weight: Average

Hair colour/length: Bald

Eye colour: Brown

Face shape: slightly stocky

Body type: slightly bigger than the average person

Additional notes on appearance (eg scars, tattoos): Has an ugly bulge on his forehead, where a metal plate has been attached to his skull

Key Friends: Sabyn

Key Enemies: Reyn, Genesis

Phobias / Fears: Exile's dual nature makes this a complicated question. His human side is terrified of his murderous nature, leading him to hate and fear his Deyrakava half. On the other side, his Deyrakava half is terrified by weakness, leading him to shun his humanity. At the end of the day, there is nothing Exile hates or fears more than himself.

Bad Habits / Vices: Exile is antisocial and ignores other people, dividing them into three categories: Threat. Irrelevant. Dead.

Quirks: Exile seems constantly on edge, frequently shivering and twitching. His posture makes him look as if he is crouched ready to spring and he moves in short rapid motions.

Best Qualities: Exile is brave and loyal, with a strong sense of duty and honor, he is also focused and intelligent

Worst Qualities: Exile's berserk mode will always drive him to kill again and again.

Morality / Ethics: Because he was created to be a killer, Exile is unable to have a true moral code. Instead, if has adopted the policy of always doing whatever NEEDS to be done, nothing more, nothing less.

Style of Speech: measured, calm and short. Except when he's around Sabyn, in which case he's much more open.
    4/18

Relationship With Sabyn: Recently, Exile's tendance to divide everyone into three categories (Threat. Irrelevant. Dead) has expanded to become:

1) Threat.

2) Irrelevant.

3) IRRITATING!!!!!!/Sabyn

4) Dead.

His relationship with Sabyn is quite a complicated one. He mostly seems to find Sabyn to be an annoying burden, but at the same time, Exile tends to interact with Sabyn a lot more than he does with most people. Bickering and trading insults with him, rather than simply ignoring him like Exile does with EVERYONE else. (Hence why Sabyn is the only person in the IRRITATING!!!!!! category).

At the same time, Exile's personality has been slightly altered by Sabyn. Originally, Exile had a strict, buisnesslike, no nonsense personality. However, after being witness to the unbelievable levels of absurdity that seem to follow Sabyn around like a plague, he has decided to "Just go with it." Adopting a much more sarcastic personality.

Exile and Sabyn also serve as something of a morality chain for each other, with Sabyn's charitable nature, keeping Exiles ruthlessness under control, and Exile's "Do whatever NEEDS to be done. No more. No less" has helped to curb Sabyn's cruelty.

Primary Antagonist

Full name: Reyn (His name has the same origins as Sabyn's

Height: 5'5

Weight: Skinny

Hair colour/length: Bald

Eye colour: Grey

Face shape: slim and curved with a small pointed chin

Body type: Small

Additional notes on appearance (eg scars, tattoos): pale skin

Key Friends: Sabyn

Key Enemies: Reyn doesn't like to hold grudges, he finds it petty

Phobias / Fears: Reyn hates the thought of being helpless

Bad Habits / Vices: Reyn has a habit of putting himself at risk in the pursuit of a good challenge

Personality: Reyn's personality could best be described as "dolphin like". He is playful, inquisitive, friendly, extremely intelligent and perfectly willing to brutally murder someone just for the fun of it. Reyn's goal in life is simply to have fun, he has no interest in money or power except as a means to an end. As he puts it "Okay so let's say that I stole a billion dollars and became king of the world... Then what?"

Unfortuneatly, Reyn's sadism and complete lack of empathy for others leads him to commit atrocities in the name of fun. Reyn has a hobby of torturing people both physically and psychologically until they break, because Reyn loves a challenge, he likes it when the victims fight back, because it makes things interesting. This is why Reyn considers Sabyn to be his best friend, because despite everything Reyn puts Sabyn through, Sabyn has never given up and this has provided Reyn with some of the best fun he's ever had.

Reyn admires any quality that makes someone an interesting opponent: Courage, Intelligence, Determination ect. conversely he has little patience for boring cowardly, arrogant or stupid people. Hence the saying

"The ones who run, he kills. The ones who fight, he takes"

Outside of his love of "screwing with people" he is an avid fan of strategy games, though he finds chess dull. He also has a keen thirst for knowledge and enjoys meeting new people (He is always optimistic that he will find someone "Interesting")

In his interactions with people he is always polite and friendly. He could be gouging out someones eye, while calmly disscussing politics with them. He does have a sarcastic and informal side, but their is never any venom in his barbs, it's all in good natured fun. Reyn is also an excellant sport, He never begrudges another person their victory, rather he will applaud them on finding a way to beat him, and look forward to a rematch.

Morality / Ethics: Reyn does not devide the world into "Good" and "Evil" as he believes those concepts are ultimately meaningless labels for whatever someone doesn't like.

"Plus they're also quite hypocritical 'THOU SHALT NOT KILL!! Now go kill those people who I don't like'"

Instead he devides the world into "Interesting" and "Boring"

Style of Speech: When Reyn is "Playing Possum", he adopts a shy, polite, friendly and sensitive persona. His real personality is much more outgoing and informal, he is jovial friendly and speaks to everyone like their old friends.

In either case, his voice is soft with a somewhat reverberating quality.
    4/18

Handedness : Right handed

Sexual Background: Completely asexual (A/N: I made Reyn asexual, because I was tired of the "Every Villain Is A Rapist" cliche that I see all the time in fan fiction. Therefore I decided to make a villain who has absolutely no interest in sex. He might act uncomfortably intimate with his victims, but that's only to scare them shitless.)

History: Reyn had a very normal homelife. As a child he was fairly average except for one aspect. Reyn should remarkably fast mental development. learning new skills much faster than his peers. At school he was well liked by everyone, teachers and students included. Reyn was never bullied, despite his small sise, he had an uncanny ability to defuse a conflict simply by talking to the aggresor. Inside however Reyn didn't feel any real connection to anyone. it wasn't that he disliked them, he just couldn't empathise with them. But he quickly learned that if your nice to other people, you get more from them. His best friend at the time was his older brother Jahlys (Pronounced Jarlis) However a freak truck accident lead to Jahlys being burnt alive in an oil fire. Reyn Himself was forced to watch as his brother was burnt alive. But rather than being traumatised Reyn found himself becoming excited. This was something he had never seen before, and the way Jahlys's skin warped and twisted beneath the fire was fascinating. That night as he was in the kitchen boiling some water he accidently burnt himself. This incident triggered an idea in his mind. The next day he went to his brothers bed carrying a teaset with him and as part of an experiment, poured boiling water over his brothers wounds. Reyn was again felt a rush of adrenaline when he heard the screams, but when he heard the cries of shock an outrage from the other patients. he realised that there would be severe repercussions for his actions and used a gas leak to burn the hospital to the ground in order to cover his tracks. Reyn still feared for his life however, and fled his hometown. Over the next year, Reyn travelled alone, looking after himself and satiating his sadism. At first he just tortured and killed randomly, but he quickly began to understand the value of patience and picking your spots. One day, Reyn came across a camp where the members were taught a unique style of magic "Mengarrada spellcasting". His curiosity peeked, Reyn joined the club, posing as a lost orphan (which was technically true considering that as far as he knew, his parents had been inside the hospital when he blew it up. Reyn soon formed a friendship and rivalry with a boy his age called Sabyn. Secretly however Reyn was miles ahead of not only Sabyn but the entire school. not only that, but from surfing the net and learning hacking by trial and error, Reyn was rapidly aquiring a vast amount of resources which would allow him to live his life as he wanted to and pursue his hobbies without being boxed in by society. Reyn always had a sense of drama though, so he waited untill he believed he was more skilled than even the instructors (Two of whom were Sabyn's parents) before revealing his skill. It paid of perfectly, the looks on everyones faces was priceless. Reyn used everyone at the camp as test subjects for his magic but there was a problem. Over the years, Reyn was becoming increasingly more dissatified with how boring everyone was becoming, They were just to easy to kill, it was "Unsatisfying".
    4/20

But Sabyn would change all that. Where everyone else just ran and begged for their lives. Sabyn stayed, no matter how much pain Reyn inflicted upon his best friend, Sabyn just stood back up. Reyn's already high respect for Sabyn skyrocketed at that moment and he realised that killing the boy would be a complete waste. So Reyn let Sabyn escape in order so that the boy could recover himself. But Reyn only has so much patience and wasn't content to wait for years for Sabyn to grow stronger, instead Reyn began to manipulate events from a distance (only occasionly directly confronting Sabyn) in order to play an unending series of sadistic games with his best friend. The goal is to see just how far Sabyn can be pushed before he snaps.

To this day, Reyn has still not been dissapointed.