Character Interview

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Leaka, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Christian, how does that work, how does that work if they expect perfection and yet they don't expect more of you? How can you say that they expect perfection if that isn't what they expect of you?

My Interview:

Well, the program is called TEC[True Extraterrestrial Contact] and as a kid I always watched the science shows about aliens. My mind was absorb into it if you know what I mean. Man do I love space as a kid I stole some money from my father to get my self a telescope. I wanted to contact life, that SETI had proven was there, I wanted to contact those aliens. So TEC gives me that opportunity.

2. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Well, yes, it seems as if they do expect perfection at times. Sometimes they aggravate me, but I know that they're only trying to help me become a better guardian, and a better person altogether. Even though I may think they expect more of me at times, I know that's not true at all."

Sounds like you have a very interesting history, Wago. Were you on close terms with your father? Did he support you in your interests as a boy?

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Christian, do you feel obligated to helping out the guardians? Was there a point where you could have told them no, you didn't want to be a guardian? Have you ever felt that you didn't deserve or didn't want to be a guardian?

My father, no he didn't support me at all. He told me the SETI projects discover was a lie and stop sticking my head in the clouds. The telescope I bought with stolen money from dad, when he found what happened he broke my telescope. So I had to end up looking at the sky through a computer pictures people put on the web.

4. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"I feel like it's something I have to do. I was meant to be a guardian. I could have told them no the moment they asked me, but I didn't. I constantly feel that I don't deserve the position. There are plenty of more intelligent young people out there. I don't know why they chose me . . ."

So you were rebellious? What about your mother? Was she around? If so, did she support your ideals?

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Christian, you do realize how much you conflict yourself? In one aspect you continue looking at as something you have to do and then you sound like you don't want to do it all. Can you explain this to me? Why do you conflict yourself and constantly question yourself?

My mom died when I was young that's kinda when I noticed my dad has never been the same, and I wouldn't go so far as rebellious. But the school's science program was going down the toilet one year it was dropped cause there was only one student, me. Then the school had no funding and they used the money they did get for the sports in school. So, I was never getting what I needed and I needed to pursue that even if it mean breaking rules.

6. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Honestly . . . I don't know. I have to do this. I feel like it's my destiny. But, then again, I constantly have second thoughts. I'm always in doubt, like there's something not right. I don't know what it is, but it always leads me to questioning myself."

I know how you must feel, Wago. You've had a rough life. How have you dealt with your problems? Surely you're a very strong-minded person to have made it all this way.

[That'll be my last reply for tonight. See you tomorrow evening, I hope! ;)]

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Okay...see ya tomorrow evening]

Christian, you sound lost. Could something from your past be making you so lost? Could something in your past be making you lose yourself?

Well I could hardly say I am a strong person. But I am strong enough, well enough in my forties already I'm strong enough to live. And I'm finally living my dream, the dream no one supported. But you know when you swim hard enough you'll always find dry land. Though I do fear for the others in my program. I fear they may not make the swim.

8. Cady36

Cady36 Member

I think this thread started just before I joined, and I missed it. Just noticed it today.

I've never thought of the characters I'm working on as "I". Gave me a whole new perspective...sort of startling. (Forgive me - lol - I'm new at this fiction writing stuff :)

Thanks, Leaka!

Cady

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Nah, its okay.
    I always look at my characters as people....not creations or something that I have created.
    I have always looked at them as people you and I.

And any time you need a character interview I am here, and its okay you don't have to be sorry. And I don't need to forgive, I was just starting this writing stuff at one point in time of my life too. :) ;)

10. zorell

zorell New Member

Want to help me with Nathan Bleek?

He is a former Guard in Training for Her Royal Highness who was part of a recon mission to another planet, a trip which left him and his crew crashed onto an unknmown planet. His weakness is his loss of sight and Chrys, a fellow mutating human who is the only one that seems to bring out the literal fire in him. His strengths are his loyalty and acute hearing. So far, his only motivation, in my mind, is to make CHrys love him as he does her...

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Yeah sure Nathan Bleek here I come]

List of Interviews:
    Dark Red= Maybe Still Needs Interview
    Green= Hot New Interview

Christian Ryder-Fantasy Writer
    Woflgang-Malice
    Nathan Bleek-Zorell

Nathan Bleek, it appears you have lost of sight. When did that happen? Is it permanent? Are upset by it in any way?

12. zorell

zorell New Member

I lost it within a week of living on this planet, a planet I still don't know the name of.

I think so, as I lose sight, I gain hearing. I can hear Chrys' heartbeat from miles away. Also, as the world becomes invisible to me, I also can become invisible to it.

At first, it was frustration, who wants to be a blind human who can become either a fireball or an invisible man when frustrated; and I just gained the ability to choose which of those happens. But now, as Chrys starts to be a lot nicer, and less mean- she's got mutations that can drive me wild with mind tricks- I start to gt sadder at the thought of never knowing what my children look like...

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Nathan, do you ever think that maybe if you got off the planet somehow you may regain your sight? Could it just be an affect of the planet? Children, tell me about your children Natha. <---oh woh, tell me about your children stalker sounding.

14. zorell

zorell New Member

It's been brought up, there are many colonists who wish not be here and hope that, should they return to Earth, they're mutations will leave them. I stoppped worrying about it and have come to terms with my blindness. Besides, I get to be invisible and have good hearing, that's a pretty good deal when you think about it.

As to the children, they don't exist (yet, cross fingers on that;)) but let me explain Chrys- she's a girl like cat. No, not like your pet, I mean that she somehow grew fur and her eyes changed to accept more light, her ears slowly moved their way into a cat like position on her hear, and- you can scratch them to calm her down, she even has a tail. The joke is that we'll have Furry Fire-balls.

15. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Nathan, it sounds like you have quite the humor despite being in such a condition. How do you keep humor in a situation that seems hopeless?

16. zorell

zorell New Member

I'll tell you once I've figured it out, it might just be my British stubborness-no clue really.

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Nathan, have you ever seen Cyrus before the accident? If so, is she to your fancy?
    And about that humor, could it be something beyond your stubbornness? Could it be that secretly you don't want to loose your mind?

18. zorell

zorell New Member

If by "Cyrus," you mean Chrys, then yes. Although not mutual, I fell in love with her the moment I laid eyes on her. Granted, she had already begun to mutate, and I don't know what she trully looked like as a "pure" human, but she's always been goled treasures to my eyes.

Maybe I am afraid to lose my mind, but in a colony of mind readers, muscle readers, invisible creatures the size of dinosaurs, rat-roos and men who turn into rocks- one finds it increasingly harder to mantian a semblance of sanity.

19. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Nathan, are there thoughts that haunt you before the accident?

20. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Yes, I suppose so. My father is a member of the Galactic Council, second only to the Supreme Ruler himself. At first I felt like I had to make him proud, but politics aren't my thing. I was invited to join the guardians, and I joined in order to impress my father. It turns out the guardians don't exactly agree with the council. Some even think the guardians are plotting to overthrow the government. I suppose this could be why I question myself and why there's so much conflict inside of me. I trust in our government, yet I feel obligued to go against it . . ."

That's very interesting. What do you think of the others in your program?

21. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Hmm, this seems like fun, I'll give it a try. You can just call my character M for now.

Personality: Meek, shy, geeky

Major Flaw:He has a low self-esteem generally speaking and is unsure of his abilities and intelligence. This leads to dis focus in times when concentration is crucial.

Largest Strength:He is very smart and possesses great potential in the art of magic.

22. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

Well, let's see what I can do.

So M, it seems you have issues with low self-esteem. You seem to be very smart but why are you so unsure of yourself? Do you not see the great potential you hold?

23. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

I'm not really that smart. People like Dr. Thomas Alva are a lot smarter than me. It's just that when I was growing up a lot of others teased me a bit more than all the other children. They talked about my voice, my height, my clothes, and my fascination with learning. I just get nervous sometimes when I try to cast a spell.

24. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

List of Interviews:
    Dark Red= Maybe Still Needs Interview
    Green= Hot New Interview

Christian Ryder-Fantasy Writer
    Woflgang-Malice
    Nathan Bleek-Zorell
    M-SWO

For Natha/Zorell

Christian that sounds interesting, your father, does your father support you in any way? Do you talk to your father, what do you think about your father?

Well lets see we have Jim Gerets I say he is the nerdy one. He brought one of those gaming consoles over to our living area.[We all live in the building we work in, so we are always surrounded by work] I think Jim is a bit overly friendly at times and a bit obsessive. Something I don't appreciate, especially when you are trying to start yourself in a bit of the conversation.
    We have Leon Reigtzer, now I'm not his biggest fan. All though in his thirties he looks like a model, I swear to god he is to good looking to be a scientist.Yeah you could say I'm a bit jealous. Ha.
    Brian Seabringer intimidates me, he has the military attitude and the military look to him. He really seems like a stiff board, I don't even know how he got into to be a scientist the way he works out. It just doesn't seem to fit. But we have nice conversations.
    Allan Devius is the youngest member, he is only twenty-five. I have known Allan a year before the TEC program so I have gotten use to him. He is a bit quick tempered, pushy and slightly moody most of the time. Doesn't mean me and him don't get along. I think I get along with him more then most people, and the kid I like him he's a great scientist...you know for a blind scientist.
    Our newest member is Catherine Tates, she is just a moody as Allan. Though hers is a more womanly moody and I don't like that very much. That womanly strictness, I mean me and the guys have spent years trying to make the TEC program a friendly environment where everyone shares fun and excitement.
    Tates she takes that away, she is just a mere professional, she wants no excitement, no fun in the work place, every ounce of passion I have astrology is somehow sucked into her devoid of fun barrier. And I really dislike it, but I never show it to her. I want her to feel welcomed, even though she makes us feel unwelcome. I'm guessing she is just nervous.

25. Michel Zhivago

Michel Zhivago New Member

Hi there, thanks for pointing me to this thread!

Ok, so I have a 18-ish male named Leo, and I'm tentatively saying he was orphaned two or three years ago, and has since lived with his best friend's family while he tries to get into university.

He's very skeptical, quite detached, as you might expect from someone who has lost both parents suddenly. Self-protective. I would say his flaw is that he finds it hard to see direction in his life, he sort of flails about from one challenge to another (at a point later in the story, for example, he opens a restaurant; he dabbles with the idea of being a musician; he works as a salesman for a while, perhaps).
    His strength would be his utter devotion to his friends, his sort of 'assumed family'. I could see him walking across town for an hour and a half just to meet someone for coffee, for example.