Character Interview

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Leaka, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[I'll get to you as soon as I can Show]

List of Interviews:
    Dark Red= Maybe Still Needs Interview
    Green= Hot New Interview

Christian Ryder-FantasyWriter
    Woflgang-Malice
    Nathan Bleek-Zorell

M-SWO
    Gaudete-Asuran

Dale-Show

Christian Ryder/ Fantasy Writer
    Christian, what do you suppose your father is hiding from you?

Wago:

I feel a closeness to Allan, though I have worked for him longer. A year before the others. But I don't choose favorites. Even if I have a closeness to Allan, I won't let that get in my way with being friendly with anyone else. I share every part of me with everyone. There should be no favorites in a job like this.
    Everyone is equal.

Nathan, It seems like you don't have any hobbies. Has there been anything you wanted to pick up? Has there been anything that interested you?

2. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I think I got too much info. esp. if it's going to be a short story. How do I filter out the info.? Do I use it to guide me as I write or use it if I need it?

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

What are you asking about?

4. Show

Show Contributor Contributor

No rush Leaka. Somebody else might get to me first, so take you're time.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

:)

I'll my best to help whomever comes through my doors.
    Especially since I am the one who made this thread.

6. Show

Well still, no rush. :) :D

7. zorell

zorell New Member

Interests, hrm.. I enjoy listening to the nature around us, I've been helpful with that because of how acute my hearing is. Other than Raylenes, I am the only person who can tell who is with child before the person, many people come to me when they are unsure and can't find Ray. That's understandable, I am one of the newcomers in a way to the colonists.

I don't think I have any hobbies. That's a good point, I think there are things that I can pick up, like Chrys' weaving, the colony is always in need of blankets and fences an such.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

[Show I won't rush, but I don't want anyone to feel left behind or being ignored]

List of Interviews:
    Green= Hot New Interview

Woflgang-Malice
    Nathan Bleek-Zorell

M-SWO
    Gaudete-Asuran

Dale-Show

Wago:

I feel a closeness to Allan, though I have worked for him longer. A year before the others. But I don't choose favorites. Even if I have a closeness to Allan, I won't let that get in my way with being friendly with anyone else. I share every part of me with everyone. There should be no favorites in a job like this.
    Everyone is equal.

Nathan, do you really think you could weave? How about you be a translator? Or maybe a guide of some sort? Maybe you should help people with their problems? Make those who are sad happy again. You do have a good sense of humor.

9. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

I've got like 30 interview questions on him and I started the story first and now I am wondering if I should change the story now? Feeling confused...I am trying to write the story as seen through the eyes of a child so how is the child going to ask him all these questions...I'll just change the story. I got two other stories lined up maybe I could use it with one of those stories.

10. zorell

zorell New Member

Thanks, but I prefer working wioth my hands, and a lot of the colonists have told me that I seem to know so much, and share it whenthey wish I wouldn't tell them about themselves. I say weaving because it would give me some use to the colony and it's something I can do with out sight. I don't mean the traditional colored patterns and such, I mean a style that consists of cross-weaving the natural grasses (they're as tall as I, and I stand a six foot and two inches) that are omnipresent.

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Nathan, why is weaving the only thing you think can help the colonist? If you can hear heartbeats real well and things like that. Couldn't you use that ability to some use?

@Forgetmenot77: I am still not understanding, you need a subject or noun in there, and you aren't telling me the full story. Only pieces and clips.

12. zorell

zorell New Member

Other than guard duty, which I do often, not really, no.It's quite odd that, in a colony of mutants, everybody over protects the blind and sometimes invible fireball.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Why do you think they over protect you? Do you think they are afraid to lose you?

14. zorell

zorell New Member

If only so that Chrys may have somebody; I don't think it's that..it just might be the human thing to do. And, in their minds, my blindness is the most human vulnerability that on can possess.

Okeey, I think you've given me the strength to be a character with some dynamics...off into the literary world shall I go;) (Thanks for your help Leaka, there might be somebody a lot more pressing though...but I'll hold off)

15. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

'Kay, come again any time.

[Show I won't rush, but I don't want anyone to feel left behind or being ignored]

List of Interviews:
    Green= Hot New Interview
    Blue=Completed Interview

Woflgang-Malice
    Nathan Bleek-Zorell

M-SWO
    Gaudete-Asuran

Dale-Show

Wago:

Everyone is equal.

It's your turn Asuran. Cause I think he was waiting for this.

Guadete/Asuran
    Guadete, what drove you to become a swordfighter? Was it the view on woman or was it something beyond that? Was it just a particular thing that interested you?

16. Michel Zhivago

Michel Zhivago New Member

Could I be added on to the list next time you go around, if it's not too much trouble? I don't know if you missed me, I posted on the bottom of the last page.

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Whose your character again?

18. Unsavory

Unsavory Active Member

Hope I can participate in this too. I'll throw in a character that I've been struggling with and see what comes of it.

Character's name is Sarah. Late 20s to Early 30s. She grew up as an orphan while raising her younger brother until old enough to be accepted into the military. (Medieval fantasy setting.) At the time of the story, she is no longer in the military and is now the member of a small resistence movement.

She is jaded and impatient, but never cruel. She isn't particularly brainy and often prone to participate in aggressive and impulsive behavior. These tendencies lead her into more than her fair share of violent conflicts.

19. Michel Zhivago

Michel Zhivago New Member

Oh jeez, actually turned out to be the bottom of page 10. This thread sure moves quickly!

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

List of Interviews:
    Green= Hot New Interview
    Blue=Completed Interview

Woflgang-Malice
    Nathan Bleek-Zorell

M-SWO
    Gaudete-Asuran

Dale-Show
    Leo-Michel Zhivago
    Sarah-Unsavory

Wago:

Everyone is equal.

It's your turn Asuran. Cause I think he was waiting for this.

Guadete/Asuran
    Guadete, what drove you to become a swordfighter? Was it the view on woman or was it something beyond that? Was it just a particular thing that interested you?

And Michel Zhivago cause I doubt Asuran is going to post or answer for a while:

Leo/Michel Zhivago
    Leo, why is there a sense that you have forgotten yourself Leo? How did you lose your parents? Why are you so connected to friends Leo?

21. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"I don't know for certain, but I think he's plotting something. He's always wanted power. Maybe it has something to do with that. Whatever it is, it's concerning me."

You stand up for your beliefs. Is there anyone amongst your counterparts who doesn't treat everyone equally? Is there anyone that you just don't trust?

22. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Christian, is your father an already powerful man? Or would you say he is a weak man with a corrupt heart? Is there any fear that since you are his son you may be the same?

Catherine doesn't treat everyone equally. She is the new one in our group so I understand, I mean it's only been a week since she got here. I trust everyone even Catherine. Though Henry Pudget seems a bit suspicious from what I was expecting.

23. Show

Ok then, I hope I helped at least SOMEWHAT!

24. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"I'd say both. He is an already powerful man. He's second in power, right next to the Supreme Ruler. But I believe that he is also a corrupt man at heart. I hope I'm not like him . . ."

What would you say your main character flaw is, Wago?

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Christian, if you were offered the power your father wanted. Would you take it or give it to your father?

My main flaw I would say is that I am to trusting. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and so many people see it as me letting people walk all over me, when that isn't the case. But if I wasn't trusting I don't think anyone would respect me as much.
    [Okay I got a hold of Wago, I developed his history and a little more on his personality]

For Whomever[And it doesn't have to be you Fantasy Writer]

I still need help with my character Jim Gerets, 35, nerdy, and a bit obsessive. One of the members of the TEC group.
    Brian Seabringer, 39, has a bit of rough and tough attitude and behaves more military then scientist.
    And possibly, Allan Devius, 25, genius, blind, quick tempered, and moody.