Chasing the Darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ore-Sama, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Johannes saw the creatures moving toward him. He turned his head and made eye contact with the girl lying on the floor.

"Don't move," he said.

His blue jeans between the ankle and knees blackened as a sheet of rolling black clouds spread out from them and flowed above the girl and curved downward forcing the creatures coming from that direction to pass through it before reaching her or him. They plowed through it, disrupting it. The noxious cloud seeped into the creatures and they dropped motionless near the girl.

Small black clouds flowed down Johannes' arms to his hands which turned black. He aimed the palms of his hands low and toward more oncoming creatures. Black clouds erupted from his hands like a wave that reached to the height of his head before crashing down on the creatures and vanishing near the floor. The creatures it touched died before reaching him.

The creatures behind them leaped toward him. One slashed his knee, shredding his pant leg. Another slashed his right arm as his left knee buckled, forcing him to put his hands out to keep from falling flat on his face. He grimaced at the pain as the creature near his leg dug its claws into his thigh.

2. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

"There's only a dozen more left, one of them is the core and it's losing power!" said the girl.

3. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

One of the creatures jumps at Xare but she catches its head in her hand and crushes it. She pulls another one out of the wall, and rips its arms off. "They seem to be coming in fewer numbers. I guess the original is losing power." A couple others jump at her, but she smashes them into each other.

4. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

One of the creatures leaped at the girl, who managed to leap up, her green hand slashing through it before she fell again. "Can't be many more left" she said through clenched teeth.

5. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

The creatures cried out, very few in number. Getting up, the girl took advantage, releasing just enough black flames to destroy the remaining ones, then crying out again as some of the skin on her green arm peeled off. Mr Mac rushed inside. "Oh it's over? Too bad, I was just going to give you some inspiring witicisms to help you out" commented Mr Mac.

He turned towards the girl. "So who are you? I've never seen you around" said Mr Mac.

"I don't go to this. I came here to test where my current level is at. It's not enough" said the girl.

"You see guys, if you want an excuse for not handing in homework, make it vague enough and I might give you hlaf credit for it. Now back to you, tell me exactly your reason for coming here if you aren't a student here" said Mr Mac.

"I don't know who is behind this entire situation, however I know one key component. It's a being who's name I don't know, He Who Walks Through Flames. That's what he'll do when he appears here, I don't know when it'll be though. If he does appear anytime soon, retreat, understand?"

6. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    Amos stood in awe as the world around him erupted into a fight scene, people screaming and slashing the creatures as though they had done this their entire lives. Amos had never met another person who could see into the shadows, much less people with abilities much like his own. i was simply astonishing to think that tomorrow he was going to be going to school with these...psyco's? no that is wrong, maybe gifted is a better word.
    as the creatures began to decline in number the people seamed to relax, they began talking although he was still awe struck. he looked at his watch 12:52. "****" he thought, but he still watched as the green armed girl avoided the questions from the older man, who looked like an authority figure amongst the school. "um...hey im Amos" he said to the congregation.

7. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

"Whatever. Just don't screw this up you idiots" said the girl walking away. "Don't expect my help the next Midnight Hour, I want to see if you can handle things alone" she siad before vanishing.

"Hey Amos" said Mr Mac. He looked around at the others. "Well we at least got a clue:He Who Walks Through Flames. Vague as that is, it's at least a clue to what's behind this. So, anyone got any questions?" asked Mr Mac.

8. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Johannes turned and sat on the floor and checked his bloody knee, thigh, and arm. He hoped they would not become infected. He tore off piece of his shredded pant leg and tied it around his knee.

He turned his head toward Amos, "Hi Amos, I'm Johannes." Then he swiveled his head to look at Mr Mac, "Is this the first school year you've had monsters on campus?"

9. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

"No, I went to this one highschool where, oh you mean the supernatural ones. Yeah, this is the only one. In fact this college seems to be the only place they appear at. Anyway, tell you guys what, go bak, get some rest, and when we meet at the next Midnight Hour, we'll vote on whether to trust the girl or not" said Mr Mac.

End Midnight Scenario

10. Ore-Sama

Ore-Sama New Member

Day Time

-Classes are in session
    -gym and pool are open
    -no clubs started yet
    -no after school activities
    -no parties planned

11. Shadow Dragon

Xare wakes up in the morning around eleven and goes to class. She has three classes, back to back, and the rest of the day is clear. She decides to spend it working out at the gym and swimming in the pool.

12. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Johannes wakes up late. He goes to his classes and then to the gym after wards to swim and lift some weights.

13. Shadow Reeves

Amos looked up and around at the school, holding a piece of paper and a bag over his shoulder he climbed the stairs into the admin building. he was greeted warmly by the receptionist. without a word he handed the slip of paper to the always smiling woman who said "Amos! good to have you join our school, Mr Mac wanted to have a word with you when got here, but mind you me hes a weird one!" her cackle filled the little room and Amos wished he could leave this place already. even so he smiled politely a gave her a wave as he left and went on his way to find Mr Mac.

14. Shadow Reeves

did this sorta die?

15. Shadow Dragon

You probably should have asked this in the discussion thread, but to answer your question, yeah, I think it did.

16. Shadow Reeves

yeah i thought i was in the discussion thread...ah well

17. Raven

Raven Banned

Seems this fell silent.

And since the author hasn't posted here to give an explanation.

*Click*

~Raven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.