Chronicles of the Unreal. Part II: Cocoon of Dreams.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

A Difficult Choice

Alexis was taken aback by the question.

“So… what do you prefer? Seeking for the reconstruction? Or planting a seed for a new different world??!!!”

She thought about it for a moment. She had no idea what the world used to be like, other than the quick glance she had received on her way to the park. And, although she longed to see what the rest of the world used to be like, that glance had frightened her. To her, it seemed a place where nobody would give a sideways glance at somebody who was lost or fogotten. Not to mention that someone had obviously left her to die in that alley, though who it was that had was still a mystery to her. Besides, who would want to restore a world they didn't know?

Alexis took a deep breath then, mustering up her courage, strided over to where Nadeem was standing. She had picked her side, now she hoped that she didn't make the wrong choice.

2. tacoshack18

tacoshack18 Active Member

Smith sighs deeply " So we are to just forget about the people that we just lost?! I had family in this city. How can I just forget about them when they didn't even get a chance to live." looks at Valanthia " I want to restore this place as it was bring everyone back. If this root is able to make that happen then I will fight for the people that were lost because of that monster." I was given a gift and I am not going to let it go to waste." He walks over to Valanthia side determined to find the only thing that he was told can bring back what was lost.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Jaharra shrugged; she had no real reason to even go back to her normal life -it had only been what had caused her pain in the first place.

No one knows what it is like to lose your family in the way i lost mine. she thought coldly, walking over to Nadeem.

"This world changes over time, and there is no way to bring back your loved ones after they are gone. I vote for a new world that will be safer for those who wish to live in peace- and if we must go to war before that can happen, then so be it."

4. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

So we are to just forget about the people that we just lost?! I had family in this city. How can I just forget about them when they didn't even get a chance to live."

"And what about people with no family to go back to? What are we supposed to do when you're off living your perfect life?" Anie said sounding suddenly angry. "No they had there time now it's time for some other people to be happy. The world we lived in sucked, 80% of people on the planet were living on less than a dollar a day and the number was rising! 80% of our forest are destroyed and 90% of all wealth was flowing to 10% of the global population, corruption was rampant and even the shirts on our backs came from sweat shops."
    Anie tugged on his shirt for emphasis.
    "We poluted our water supply, wiped out countless creatures and practically destroyed the planet. Even these supposed innocent people are guilty. Now we have a chance to start over and you want to go back? Short sighted dumb ass."
    Anie stood strong with her hands on her hips.
    "Lets make a new world, were children like my self don't loose sleep for want of food."

5. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Stupid questions

Alexis fidgeted as Anie spoke, a million questions swirling in her mind. Finally, as she finished, Alexis leaned over and whispered in her ear.

" . . . What's a sweatshop?"

6. Exzalia

"child labor, that's what I'm talking about. When people often children are forced to work long hours at very dangerous tasks so we in the wealthy countries can by things for cheap."

7. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

A Lack of Comprehension

"child labor, that's what I'm talking about. When people often children are forced to work long hours at very dangerous tasks so we in the wealthy countries can by things for cheap."

Alexis sighed, then looked straight into Anie's eyes as she responded.

"I don't see what the problem with that is. If someone is better equipped to do a task than somebody else and is more capable of doing it, then that's great. I'm sure that they are well rewarded for their services, maybe they're exchanging their labor with the other people. Everything should balance out in the end."

Alexis nodded her head as though she knew what she was talking about.

"Though, um, what exactly is a child? Or a wealthy country? Is it different for a normal country, whatever that is?"

8. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Path to take.

The clean sky slowly was covered by dark, it was night... After all that argument and agreement. The survivors decided to follow Jaharra's idea and camped.

The next day....

Valanthia and Nadeem, both with opposing points of view, both certain that they were right. Also both developed their own plans, natural opposite.

Nadeem had a map inside her truck, she showed it to the survivors. With her finger pointed to the ellipsoid country of Scion.
    "This is were we are.... apparently this Root rests in the called Palace of dreams... does anyone knows about were it is?"
    All fell into silent, after all they had no idea of such place to exist. However Valanthia broke the silence.

"I think I've heard about it, it's an old leyend; far, far than the cemetery of ships, passing through the rage of wind and water, an small island exists, no one could ever record it, it's said that the Palace of dreams on this island exists, and than reaching there will turn into truth your dreams."

Nadeem stared at his gaze, she still didn't liked this man, and also a legend wasn't a reliable source, however it will turn into truth your dreams, it fit the description of the Root on the stone, and anyway they were already following something that could be false.... After thinking a while she turned to the map and pointed.

"This is were that island should be... haven't you heard the news?, it's said that past this point, ships and planes dissapear without reason. That could be the cemetery the legend is talking about, of course this map doesn't show an island, but it's the most probable place"

If we take a look at the map, then Scion's capital it's at the center of the eponymous country. On the north border of the continent there is a portuary city, and although no one travel there, some kilometers deep in the sea to the north, rests the cemetery of ships.

"So.... how do we reach it?, air and water, both are dangerous routes", said Valanthia.

"But are our only choices" answered Nadeem. "If we're lucky then the destruction hasn't advanced too much from Scion.
    She took a deep breath, as if she were consulting her own soul if it was a good idea or not.

"I propose to go to Eddelfelt city, it's at the southeast, it would delay our travel a bit, but we could get a zeppelin there and pass through air"

Valanthia interrupted her though

"A delay isn't safe, what if the destruction extend by that point?, we should just go straight, and at the porturay city take a ship... I know is called the cemetery of ships, but is still safer than the zeppelin, the fierce winds would destroy it"

Nadeem sighed...... and angry she said "Well.... I think your team of two men should take the ship. I prefer us the ladies to go into zeppelin"

And then they argued again.

At the end they decided to go straight north, until certain point where the road split into three, one to another city, one to southeast to Eddelfelt, and the other to the north to the portuary city, after that, they'll decide what path to take.

Although Nadeem told them to go up into the truck. Valanthia decided to steal one of the remaining cars near the park whose owner was fool enough to abandon with the key inside, but this was lucky for him. He broke the window and then easily steal it. Nadeem of course understood why he did that instead of taking the truck.... if both teams were to go for separate ways, then they'll need his own method of traveling.

"At least pick some weapons from the truck.... I doubt something happen, but hey already an inmortal man appeared..." said Nadeem after sighing.

"I'm fine with this sword, it proved good before" exclaimed Valanthia while swinging his sword.

"Ok, do was you wish" replied Nadeem. And then she raised her hand into the sky, turned into a fist and exclaimed with an smile into her face
    "Well no use staying here mourning about the past... LET'S GO EVERYONE!!!"

9. Keitsumah

Jaharra nodded her head in agreement, sheathing her dagger. Best to move on -it would make no sense to stay here an unnecessary amount of time.

I don't think either method is very smart, but the zeppelin might be the safest if we could keep above the cloud-cover to avoid storms. she thought, following Nadeem.

10. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Alexis listened to the others as they talked, mentioning boats and Zeppelins. She shuddered invoulunarily at the thought of flying into an aquatic graveyard. Sensing her unease, the voice in her head responded.

"YOU ARE SCARED OF LEAVING THE GROUND. ALSO, YOU ARE AFRAID OF EXPLODING."

"What does exploding have to do with traveling by Zeppelin?" she asked herself, aloud.

Alexis shuddered again at her mind's response.

"THEY ARE FILLED WITH HYDROGEN GAS. IT HAS A TENDANCY TO TURN INTO AN INFERNO."

11. tacoshack18

He stands there silent as thoughts raced through his mind mind new revelations crossed his mind about life outside the city. What about the people who have nothing only have nothing to when they return. He quickly turns away and walks toward the car " I am thinking about the people in the present..this root is said to bring back the world as it once were which means it can bring people back people from the abyss. I Don't know if its true or not but I want to see what this root is really capable of. When the time comes perhaps there can be something greater to wish for. But just to forsake everyone that had nothing to do with this for nothing doesn't seem right to me." He stops beside the car as he focuses his sights on Anie Mo " If I am able to bring back the children in these sweat shops then perhaps I can do more for them with the root. Seeing if I am able to is the least I can do."

12. lixAxil

Limits of the destruction.

In early hours of the morning, both parties, one in a truck, other in a car began their journey.
    It was a bit troublesome though, they had to make sure that they had all the necessary. They stole from the few remaining store food and any other supplies. However no gas station was near the Park, so naturally all the rest ended destroyed. It was idea of Valanthia to use a hose to steal the gas of the other vehicles that were still on the place, and also to brought recharges. It was very funny when he drank gas by accident while stealing gas with the hose though, luckily it wasn't fatal.

So the vehicles departed, and after a little more than an hour of traveling they reached what they calc to be the limit of the capital... on their travel though, they were witness of the true magnitude of this destruction. Besides debris and remains of some buildings, all was turned into a wasteland were not even a single soul was allowed to exist. And this stagnant red air was mocking at them.
    So, as said before, they reached the limit of the capital, yet the destruction still extended a pair of kilometers, however they were aware of the point where the destruction ended.... this because the stagnant air dissapared. Yet the real clue was the floor..... they didn't noticed it when they were in Scion, however the ground itself was completely dark, and the border with the no destruction was very clear, as the ground recovered its normal color, however they noticed that at a very slow rate, very very slow, but meaningful; that obscure color was extending milimeter by milimeter, as if some corrosive substance were to be thrown in the floor.

"This is enough clue" said Nadeem with her face covered by a new horror... "The world indeed is going to be consumed... and destroyed...." said once she noticed how an small plant died while being covered by the obscure color....

"Why?..." asked Valanthia, "Why nothing has happened to us?, even if we walk through this same ground"....

13. tacoshack18

"Perhaps it might be the same reason we were able to survive what happen something wants us to find it." exlaimed smith

14. lixAxil

Red air and pieces of ground.

They were inmersed in deep though.... when suddenly a strong sound covered the air.

"What is that?" exclaimed Nadeem.

Right after that the red stagnant air they left behind.... slowly started to move by itself... and slowly small portions of the air descended to the ground and took a shape.... Then the earth raised and melted itself with the red air... Creating an humanoid figure made of earth, rock, debris and joined by the red air.... No.... not only one humanoid figure, but several of them... at least then humanoids were created by the air.

"Wh.... what are those things?" Exclaimed Valanthia.

"Who cares?, I don't think is something good though" answered Nadeem, who quickly draw a pistol and started to shot at one of the humanoids... However at the same time that debris fell from its body, more pieces of earth raised in the air and joined at it.

Then one of the humanoids raised what could be called its arm, and fired a blast of red air mixed with ground. If it weren't due to a quick reflex of Nadeem it would had touched her.... however it missed.... still to the horror of all. The attack turned a piece of the clean ground into an obscure stain in the ground.

"Shit... this isn't good said Valanthia.... Either we kill them or run.... but if they can regenerate then how are we going to kill them... and if we run they'll spread that.... thing..."

15. tacoshack18

Smith

"So it begins.." extends his arm out as a his hand glows with a light blue dim as a light contract faintly resembling a revolver forms. He aims at the humanoid target and fires 2 shots. The light revolver lets out fire from its chambers as blue streaks race across the empty air freezing the moisture in it. " I think I am getting a hang of this."

Smith Attacks with 2 Nero weak skill

16. lixAxil

Battle: The humanoids.

The man who called himself smith, fired with a materialized gun of light on his hand at the humanoids. Two shots, two perfect aimed shots that removed pieces of ground from one of the humanoids.
    It was a succesful shot, but not enough, the humanoid used the ground below it to regenerate the fallen part. And countered the attack with its own bullet of debris and ground fired at Smith.

Valanthia was nervous, he wanted to help in the battle, but he didn't wanted to enter into the dark area, he naturally feared it, and prefer to stay at the other side of the border, at the clear area.

Humanoid attacks Smith with Nero based attack.

17. Keitsumah

Jaharra

"If we run this thing might spread; we have no choice!" Jaharra snarled as she launched herself at the humanoids and went reverse, slashing at one then leaping off of it to anothers' back with inhuman speed as her hair shortened into black spikes and her eyes glowed ruby-red.

"Blood-Rage!" she bellowed, her blades becoming red-hot as she continued jumping from one humanoid to the next, hacking and slashing wildly in an otherworldy dance. She knew they would regenerate; but she had to give the others time to figure out how to kill these things.

"Keep them off of the ground!" she yelled back -maybe by taking away the one thing she had seen that could be used as an advantage they could figure out more steps to obliterate these freaks.

Jaharra attacks with weak Nero skill

18. Exzalia

Anie

Despite everything, Anie had calmed down, she liked the car ride and plopped down right beside Valanthia and promptly dozed off. When she awoke battle had begun.

"do we have to fight? I think we should run, come on, it's such a pretty day and I really don't feel like fighting again." her voice though filled with worry was chipper sounding.

19. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Alexis

Alexis felt torn between investigating the monsters and running away in terror. As on of the golems approached, the former response proved stronger. She began to creep towards it, her shield held in front of her.

"What are you?" she asked the creature, reaching out with her other hand to touch it.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT"

Alexis jumped back and failed her arms in shock, the voice in her head screaming at her to attack. Frightfully, she swung her arms out, her shield swinging towards the creature's torso. Meanwhile, the spears floating behind her that had been still now seemed to come to life, again assuming their scorpion position over her shoulders before stabbing downward at the monster.

Alexis attacks Humanoid with 1 physical strike.
    Alexis attacks Humanoid with 1 weak, Nero based attack.

20. lixAxil

Battle: The humanoids.

"do we have to fight? I think we should run, come on, it's such a pretty day and I really don't feel like fighting again.".

Nadeem who still was trying to shot down the monsted said. "You... must be kidding me... we need any help possible here, at least think, how could we beat those... things"

Jaharra took a risky move, her attacks to several of the humanoids seemed to be succesful, yet useless in real, as the humanoids regenerated, and as she attacked several of them, it was natural for several of them to counter attack.

The charge of Alexis was effective, it stunned one of the humanoids, so it didn't counter attack. The one receiving the attack of the spear end stunned too, yet even that didn't stop their regeneration.

Valanthia reflected the sunlight, cut one of the humanoids into two pieces with the reflection blade... yet it still grow anew and countered him with a ball of debris, the one Valanthia had to parry with his sword, causing it to go out of his hands and end in the floor. It would be a bad idea to let the pieces of debris touch the clear side... it turned part of the ground into obscure... but the debris was also consumed by it.

Jaharra is attacked with Nero by several of the humanoids, due to the number she can parry or avoid few at most, but will end hit by some.
    Alexis succesfully stunned two humanoids

21. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Alexis

Amazed that she had managed to hit not only one humanoid, but two, Alexis began talking to herself, reasoning out a plan.

"They are weak but persistent and can both fire off parts of their bodies as well as regenerate by taking parts of the ground. But I wonder if they need to be in contact with the ground in order to heal?"

Knowing her thoughts, Subcon Aid (minor) dropped its spears and lashed out at the two humanoids, attempting to grab them and lift them up.

Alexis attempts to lift the 2 stunned humanoids using a weak, Nero skill.

22. lixAxil

Lifting two of the humanoids seemed to be a good tactic, as without a contact with the corrupted ground they couldn't regenerate.... yet Alexis calc something wrong.
    The humanoids recovered from their stun, and while being grab into mid air, they shot they pieces of debris against Alexis.

Suprise attack from the humanoids against Alexis (she can defend, but be imaginative, is a surprise attack). Nero type

23. SilverAngel

SilverAngel New Member

Alexis

An ear-splitting shriek split the air as the humanoids awoke and attacked Alexis. Panicking, she brought up her shield in an attempt to block their projectiles. Her reaction was delayed, however, so at most she could only block half of the projectiles. Sensing her urgency, Subcon Aid (minor) jerked the two humanoids to the sides, hoping to throw off their aim.

Alexis attempts a delayed block with her shield against the 2 humanoids.
    Alexis attempts to dodge using weak, Nero skill.

24. Exzalia

Anie was suddenly felt unsure of what to do. What's wrong with me? Just a moment ago wanted to destroy and now...
    The battle was getting desperate. "Fools, why fight when we don't have to, you're going to get killed!"

Anie suddenly acted stretching forth her hand and casting light sheild over Alexis, completely stoping attacks done to him. She then moved the shield and guarded Valanthia with it.

"I don't want people to get hurt...please stop fighting." She begged.

25. Keitsumah

Jaharra

Jaharra blocked the flying bits of rubble thrown at her, but when one thumped into her gut she grunted and doubled over in pain. Backign off as the humanoids converged upon her, her muddled thoguths revelaed that she was being herded further away from the group.

Crap! she thought, crouching and trying to find a way to break through the solid bodies. With her injuries she was limited in movement speed now; maybe her Light blade would help...

"Light-Blade!" she yelled and as her blades glowed blindingly bright she bolted towards a gap int he massign bodies of earth.

Jaharra attacks with Aureo type move and attempts to dodge through the mass of Humanoids to safety.