Tags:
  1. glowell89

glowell89 New Member

Citation Help

Discussion in 'Research' started by glowell89, Sep 7, 2017.

Hi,

I'm currently taking a graduate level course. My Professor asked us to summarize our reading chapters. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a problem as I'm not new to writing. However, I've recently begun utilizing e-books as my preferred method of text books. It's a lot less pain carrying them around to and from class.

My current text is Kindle. The problem with Kindle is the software does not match the page numbers. It organizes it by "line location". How should I source the Kindle book on my work cited page? My Professor requested us to cite our summary for each chapter.

Thank you. :)

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'd be inclined to cite author and book and not worry about page number ..... if its a collection of papers with one per chapter cite the paper title, author and the book its in (or just guess - the prof isnt going to check anyway)