1. UnderMySkin

UnderMySkin New Member

Class Project: Survey for Professional Writers

Discussion in 'Research' started by UnderMySkin, Sep 28, 2013.

Hi, I have been lurking on this site for quite a while and was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out with an oral communication class project. There are only three questions and the only requirement is that you write professionally. Feel free to copy/paste the questions onto your post and write your answers below them. I'm hoping to get at least three different sets of answers before Monday.

1. What type of oral communication do you regularly use in your profession?

2. What other skills and abilities do you think are beneficial to the work that you do?

3. What do you find most interesting about how you communicate professionally? Why?

Thank you in advance. :)

-UnderMySkin

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This thread is being permitted as the rules for classwork state:
    • School assignments, contest submissions, or other work that is intended to reflect your individual effort must be clearly identified as such. We will not do your work for you, and assistance will be limited.
    The information being asked here amounts to a survey and is paradigmatically not something a person can create of themselves without asking for data.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

1. What type of oral communication do you regularly use in your profession?
    none... i live and work alone, do all my writing/editing, etc. by email...

2. What other skills and abilities do you think are beneficial to the work that you do?
    'other' than what?

3. What do you find most interesting about how you communicate professionally? Why?
    ...i don't know that i'd call anything about it 'interesting'... it's simply useful/helpful and easy... the 'why' is because i don't have to go anywhere beyond my home office corner to 'ply my trade' and don't have to deal with people

4. UnderMySkin

UnderMySkin New Member

Other than oral communication. I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, but if you're polling writers, why is oral communication even an issue?... we're writing, not giving speeches...

as professional writers we obviously must have a whole raft of writing skills/abilities... plus decent typing skill and knowledge of how to use computers and the internet...