1. AWR

AWR New Member

Competion suggestion

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by AWR, Feb 4, 2008.

A microstory competition or Story 101?

A word is provided and the entries must be 100 words plus the word provided long (hence 101). And its 101 words as counted manually. I guess a decision would have to be made about contracted words (eg. don't = 1 or 2 words).

Makes a quick competition and can be a great idea starter.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

PM Gannon and suggest it to him. He runs the short story competitions. He could use that idea for the next one.

3. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I'm keen - though I'd probably run it concurrently rather than instead of the current contests.

Anyone think the idea would be popular - if i get a few responses I'll set one up as a test?

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I don't think this is worth making a competition to be honest. how about having it as a word game and you first person leaves a word. the next person makes a story invloving that word, then leaves on for the next person and so on. I just think one story and poetry, and the big writing one, is enough personally.

5. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I agree with Heather. It sounds more like a word game or an exercise in writing that something worth competing over (Coming from someone who doesn't even participate in the contests :D).