1. Rayck

Rayck New Member

Comprehensive list of words about body sensations

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by Rayck, Aug 6, 2014.

I joined the forum today. Greetings all.

I am terrible with vocabulary. Sometimes I write poetry and sometimes short stories but often the writing lacks appeal because it has no sensory quality. So I have decided to look for lists of words, like for feelings and sensations.
    Here's a list of emotions I've found:

http://www.sba.pdx.edu/faculty/mblake/448/FeelingsList.pdf

But with physical body sensations it's much tougher. I have googled using different terms but usually end up in illness related websites, understandably.
    These are some of the terms that I found on other sites and I had used them to search with: crawling, tinkling, tingling, butterflies, cold, warm, heavy, tight, frozen, wooden, trembling, shaking, wet, dry, itchy, biting, burning, achy, sore, goose bumps, tender, churning, numb, etc.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me guide me in the right direction with this, either provide a comprehensive list or book on this, or help me find a better way to search for it. Think of words you would use during illness, yes, but also describe how your body feels when someone touches you, when sexually aroused, in an amusement park, you face against the pillow, when embarrassed or enraged, when sleepy, etc.
    Thanks

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Thanks for the link, I like that list. I usually search the thesaurus going on a word trail. A list would be nice. I'll look around.

3. GingerCoffee

Here's one.

maskedhero and Rayck like this.
  4. GingerCoffee

You have to do some clicking with this one to get to the lists (words are listed when you get to: [X] number of types) but they are categorized in a useful way:
    http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/feeling

Rayck likes this.