1. Fife

Fife New Member

Concerning The Blog

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Fife, Nov 21, 2012.

Does the Blog have to be about writing or literature?

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

No. It can be anything you want it to be.

3. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

You know, Fife, are you just making threads for the sake of making threads? I notice you've made an awful lot of threads.... every other thread I click on has been started by you!

1 person likes this.
  4. Lost72

Lost72 Member

Boom tish

5. Fife

Fife New Member

Not really. I read the rules and they didn't say anything about the Blog. I figured it an answer would be nice for me (and assumed others may have wondered about it--or may ask about it in the future). From what I've been seeing, seems there are a lot of people who have a lot to say about a lot of things (it suggests they think they know something), but not very many people ask questions (it suggests they don't know something).

I hope that asking questions here is not frowned upon because I'm fairly new to the forum (and its etiquette) as well as to writing in general.

6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Asking questions is good! :D And from what I understand, that's what this forum is about, sharing knowledge. Don't feel like you shouldn't ask.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The rules were mostly in existence, other than fine tuning, before blogs were addd to the site.

Blogs should be used if your topic is more personal ("Me" threads are discouraged in the forum sections). Other than that, anything which doesn't violate the site content rules is acceptable for the blogs. We are a little more forgiving of controversial topics in blog threads, because they are far less likely to remain prominent long enough to turn into flame wars. We also permit posting of writing for comment in the blogs.

However, advertising, excessively violent/sexually explicit material, or insulting other members will be treated the same way as if it were posted in the forum threads.