Tags:
  1. ByElleJayce

ByElleJayce New Member

Contemporary Romance/Rom-Com blurb

Discussion in 'Blurb Critique' started by ByElleJayce, Jun 17, 2021.

Hi, I'm currently editing my first ever novel! It sort of fits into that contemp' romance / rom-com / women's fiction grey area.
    Anyway... the blurb has had me going out of my mind!!! With the help of a few writers/editors on Instagram, I've come up with this:

Lara Quinn was murdered… nearly.
    It turns out that nothing kills your confidence quite like a brush with death.
    Even little things, like the thought of dating, scare her. So now she has a plan, a journal (complete with soundtrack) and a new motto: Be Brave, Be Honest, Make All The Days Count.
    Hopefully, she’ll soon be back to normal. No more drama. Simple, right?

Right. That is until she bumps (quite literally) into the drama-creating, Austen-quoting Hollywood star, Theodore Taylor. He spends his days pretending to be other people in an attempt to hide from his dodgy reputation. Together, they start to feel more like themselves than ever before.

But Lara knows the secrets of her old life will send Theo running. If she’s spotted with him? Well, the paparazzi thrive on uncovering secrets. It’s only a matter of time. When a painful reminder of her history shows up in town, Lara needs to find the courage to put her motto into practice – or watch her past destroy her future.
    -
    What do you think?

Thanks x