So I was just curious as to what you guys think are the craziest groups/races/cults/etc. in your stories/universe. For me it would have to be a race called the Zashik. They are a race of machine aliens who hate everything organic and think it should all perish. They are not some weird mechanic skeleton or anything like that but more of floating pieces of metal all connected to one another which can form different shapes and weapons. Now this is not why I deem them crazy. The reason I deem them crazy or out there is because of what happened after their defeat in my universe. The Zashik tried to go to war with Terrans but lost pretty badly leaving only a few survivors. About 10 percent of the survivors lived on planets away from Terran space or in some drifting derelict ship. But the other 90 percent turned themselves into something only told in whispers and thought to be fake (even by the poor). The names that are whispered and told as folk tales or jokes to scare the young children are The Frankensteins. It was said that the Zashik had begun to tear themselves apart into smaller bots and began to literally wear the skin of other races, Terran, Drakel, all of them. It was their way of hiding in the shadows as they try to make more of their own. They would use pieces from abducted Terrans to dress themselves in meat suits as they hid on ships or planets where they could recreate themselves in the hopes to go to war again and annihilate the human race along with the rest of the sentient beings in the galaxy. So what are your crazy messed up groups?