Crystan: Dawn of War

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Teele, Sep 4, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

“No!” she said, “No. No thank you, no more jokes… how about. You tell us about yourself.”

Aida looked at her.
    "Mmm, sorry I don't remember much about myself," Aida said, "Why don't you tell us about yourself?"
    Aida wondered if that was the right response or the wrong response. Aida smiled and he knew the jokes were terrible. And they weren't even his and they were terrible.
    He knew Bell was never good at jokes, he knew and this proved it.

2. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I stood back smiled and decided that I'd try and start a conversation with someone else while they worked out their differences. "I'll talk to you two latter." I said and waved as I decided to try and talk to the others. I approached the other woman and the man she was talking to.

"So, I don't belive I've had the pleasure of introducing myself to you two." I said as I approached them, then I gave a small bow. "I am Shar, but my freinds call me Sharp, but don't worry I don't cut, often." I joked, and took the moment to size them both up. they seemed normal enough to me. I'd know more after talking to them.

3. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

"There is only so much one can learn while inside of their ivory tower. I want to learn more about this world and make allies. Its hard to explain but I had sensed that an upheavel was coming for a few years now. This land will be thrown into chaos, and when it is, I'll create my own empire. It will be a place where philosophers, scientists, and people simply wanting to live free from oppression will be able to live. Where people won't be forced to follow meaningless traditions, simply because it is expected of them." says Chaos, as he looks at the stars. Turning back to Piesca, he says "I know I probably sound like a dreamer, but what's the point of being alive if you don't atleast try to follow some dream."

.......Unfortunatly, she'll probably say everything the others have told me. I'm just an idealistic dreamer, that is too naive to understand the world.......

4. Bick

Bick New Member

She scrunched her nose up and looked at him rather annoyed. What was this game? He wanted to be part of the group, yet he was trying to stay unknown. He wasn’t very good at this, obviously.

“I like to climb, do random stunts. I’m very fond of nature, and I’m fond of my job as a barmaid. You get to meet many interesting people.” She muttered at first, “I also like it when people add just as much as they take to a conversation.” She looked at him annoyedly, and started again, “So, tell me about yourself, will you?”

5. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

"...people won't be forced to follow meaningless traditions, simply because it is expected of them." says Chaos, as he looks at the stars. Turning back to Piesca, he says "I know I probably sound like a dreamer, but what's the point of being alive if you don't atleast try to follow some dream."
    Piesca rewarded him with a wide smile.

"I like that idea," she replied.

Just then a young man in dark armor approached them. He had dark hair and merry eyes that frankly assessed her. Without being told she knew that this was one of those men her mother had always warned her about.

She'd always wondered why.

"So, I don't belive I've had the pleasure of introducing myself to you two. I am Shar, but my freinds call me Sharp, but don't worry I don't cut, often."

Piesca had to concentrate hard. She understood that his name was...Cutting? Cut? She shook her head, frustrated at the language gap.

"I am Piesca," she said in her own language. Then in her painfully small stock of Common words she asked, "What...your...name?" as she groped for clarity.

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

"Well I sit on my butt all day and I don't like to go on long walks," Aida said, "If its to the supermarket and back...sure fine and if its training sure I'm fine....there I told you about myself."
    Aida wasn't allowed to speak about the seven prodigies, which made conversation quite difficult. He can't remember his childhood and the seven prodigies rules are that you are to never tell of this secret lineage. So he was pretty much stuck being a whiny loner.

7. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I frowned for the first time since meeting the group and felt a bit embarised, of course everyone wouldn't speak common. "I am Sharp." I said simply, replacing my smile I added slowly. "Good to meet you, Piesca, what a lovely name." Then to the man. "And what would your name be?" I asked him, still smiling.

8. Shadow Dragon

"My name is Chaos. My friend here doesn't speak common that well. The Alarin don't often venture beyond their homeland. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Shar." I had heard that the Lennira like to travel often, so see one among any traveling group isn't that suprising.

9. Foxee

I blushed yet again and wondered how many blushes my cheeks could have in them in one evening. Shar or Sharp, of course.

He didn't seem too put out that I had mangled his name, though and Shar and Chaos went on to chat together. I walked beside them, still following Hawk, inwardly kicking myself more than ever for not pursuing language studies.

I had always wanted to explore outside the forest. I should have prepared better for it.

10. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I had pretended not to notice the blush, but found it rather cute of her, and continued to speak to Chaos. "The pleasure is all mine I assure you." I said and glanced down at her and wondered how much she understood, it was hard to be charming, and smooth to someone who can't understand you. "So what brings you into this quest?" I asked thinking he would say something along the lines of fighting and conquest, or thats the vibe I got from him at first.

11. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Hoden shook Lisky, waking the wolf from his nap. It look up obediantly to await an order. The knight had started to lose pace with the group in his solitude. Saying a quick Erissian phrase, Lisky jumped up and allowed Hoden to get on.

Catching up to the rest of the group he rode alongside Chaos, although he didn't make an attempt at conversation.

12. Shadow Dragon

Chaos noticed that the Erissi, caught up to them just as he was answering. "Well, I want to be prepared for when the chaos starts. Hopefully learning more about the world and the different races will help me, when I become a leader." says Chaos in the same very calm voice that he always uses. His voice is higher than even most Aelins and sounds very feminine. A fact that others have reminded him, often. Looking around at Holden and Shar, he asks "So, why did you two decide to follow Hawk?"

13. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

"Honestly I had nothing better to do with myself. Just traveling around and picking up odd jobs here and their." I said and then shrugged, and smirked. "You're awnser was much better." I added.

14. Teele

Teele New Member

Hawk heard his name spoken several times in the conversations behind him. The facts he had given them had been few enough, and they still weren't sure of his intentions. It wasn't long now before they'd have their answers.

The flickering light in the distance reinforced his thought. They came ever closer to the small village until they were upon it. The light he had seen came from only one place; the place in which he was interested. It was simply called Skailer's, for Skailer was the sole proprietor. Hawk knew it as another home; one of the few places he could label as such. It was here that some of his most powerful memories resided.

He led the group inside the tavern, which had been left empty except for four people.

Four?

He looked at each of them, and his eyes stopped on the unexpected fourth. And he felt his heart leap nearly into his throat. What was she thinking? Why had she followed him here?

It was only for an instant that he flinched, and he quickly regained his composure. He greeted Skailer who stood behind the bar; a large-chested Lennira with big hands and small eyes. The other two he had called for sat at the large table that had been prepared for the company that came.

He walked over to them, greeting Riana with an embrace, and Raymus with a hard clap on the shoulder. He then turned back to the group.

"Now, I can tell you what must be done. Please be seated. Skailer will bring food and drink shortly." He waited until they had all seated themselves.

"I have told you that a war shall begin, and that no race must die. If this goal is to be achieved, there are three very important things that must be done."

"The first lies in the city of Aelinaust, capital and Glory of this land. The former Coalition Chancellor Faelid Remmathair, is obsessed with wreaking his vengeance on every former Coalition member. If his thoughts are allowed to follow through to their conclusion, Aelinaust will be forced to fight on a dozen fronts, and will not survive."

"Secondly, a large shipment of goods from Shalan is to be brought to the port city of Maeril, further east. Maeril is an Aelin city, but is heavily populated with Lennira from Silara. When they hear of the Coalition's collapse, they will destroy the city and take the goods for themselves. This cannot be allowed to happen. The Shale need either the goods, or the wealth for the goods, or they won't last long."

"Finally, the Sardites to the north will soon become aware of the fact that the nations are weakened. They will begin their campaign, and it will start with an agressive tribe on the edge of the desert. This tribe is dissuaded or destroyed."

"It is these three things that we must accomplish, and we shall accomplish them all as soon as possible by splitting into groups."

"To Aelinaust, I would send those who may have influence there: Aida and Chaos. I also send Arven Dol, who has great potential for peacemaking. With those three I would send Kee Rillin and her strong spirit. My good friend Riana will guide you." She stood and bowed after the Aelinic fashion, for Aelin she was, and a beautiful example of her race. Her hair fell in copper cascades down her back, and her eyes shone a deep blue.

"To Maeril, I would send Rani with her desire to know and feel; Tooth with the heart of a warrior; and Shar who seeks purpose. With you I send Raymus, a soldier of great influence in his home country and abroad." The warrior stood, tall and proud, meeting each eye and nodding his head. His beard and his hair were black with shocks of silvery gray throughout.

"And I myself will go to Sard. With me I will take Elryn, for his wisdom and power; Piesca with her skill and need to know; Hoden whose blood flows strong with the pride of his people; and Ostran for his knowledge of the hunt."

"Again, if any would dispute me, or wish to leave now, you may do so. I can only ask to you trust that my motives are true. I cannot give you more proof beyond the deeds I wish to do. Rest now. Eat and drink, and make your decision. I have...personal things to see to." He met each eye before he turned aside to speak with the woman, the fourth who wasn't supposed to be.

Skailer brought food and ale for all, and then left them to their discussions.

15. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I smiled at Rani and then proceeded to look around for who tooth was. Though I couldn't help but pout a bit. "I don't seek purpose." I mumbled under my breath as I sat down next to Rani, and smiled at her. Then continued my search for Tooth, but as my stomach growled changed it to a search for food.

16. Shadow Dragon

Chaos had sat down next to Piesca. Aft the speech he speaks up, "I don't know how much they will actually listen to me though. I hate to admit it, but I'm only eighteen. By Aelin standards, I'm still considered a child but I'll try my best." He turns to her, "Did you understand everything he said?" in her language.

........I would rather that she went with me. She needs a translator and I just like having her around. I don't want her getting hurt.......

17. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Hoden didn't hear the question Chaos had asked before, pre occupied with his own thoughts. Although he did see the Aelin lord had trouble communicating with the Alarin girl, if they really were going to stop the Coalition from waging war, he'd have to watch over both of them. Their lack of battle experience might get them hurt.

Youth usually accompanies romance, which in turn accompanies naivety. "I don't know how much they will actually listen to me though. I hate to admit it, but I'm only eighteen. By Aelin standards, I'm still considered a child but I'll try my best." he heard Chaos say in poor Alarin, the equivalent of a child speaking the language.

"Do you need help with the Aelin man?" Hoden asked the Alarin girl, still blossoming in her features.

18. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Kee had climbed a nearby tree at the sound of raised voices, her paranoia getting the better of her, she could not help but think mayhap despair had caused this.

The one called Hawk had stood and Kee had stared intently. He spoke of quarrels which would soon turn to war and Kee reflected upon her own people. She had seen no strain, however the Mahri would not speak of such things with her.

When the time had come Kee had followed this Hawk as he lead them towards a village. The group spoke with one another and it was as though Kee was back with the Mahri alone, however this time she was frightened the comfort of home was so very far away. They reached a tavern and stepped inside, four looked up from their places within the Tavern and Kee bit her lip as she watched Hawk look at each of them. Something did not feel right.

"Now, I can tell you what must be done. Please be seated. Skailer will bring food and drink shortly." Hawk said.
    Kee sat at the end of the table that was closest to the door. It was force of habit when she had returned to her father a failed Crystalmancer, he would often scream at her during meal times. Often silent this had been a frightening experience for her. Had her failure affected her father so terribly?

She sighed and listened carefully. After all this could affect her people as much as it could the rest of the planets people.

"To Aelinaust, I would send those who may have influence there: Aida and Chaos. I also send Arven Dol, who has great potential for peacemaking. With those three I would send Kee Rillin and her strong spirit. My good friend Riana will guide you." Hawk had said. Kee watched as the Aelin woman bowed.

After he was done speaking food and drink was brought to the table. Kee stared at it. Her stomach twisting in knots. How could she eat at this very moment?

19. Foxee

"Did you understand everything he said?"

"I believe so," Piesca was grateful for Chaos's thought of her, "we are to go to stop the Sardites. My father spoke of them with respect, they're fierce enemies. He has one Sardite that he counts among his friends, however, and drinks ale with the desert man when they meet. That is not often."

"Do you need help with the Aelin man?"

Piesca looked up, startled, as the rugged red-haired Hoden addressed her for the second time in fluent Alarin. He was bending a warning look on Chaos.

"I...he's fine." Piesca assured Hoden, "He was just making sure I understood."

Piesca looked from one to the other of them, noting the contrast in height, age, features and especially the shimmering silver hair contrasted with the fiery red hair. They were opposites, fire and ice.

20. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Aida just looked around. This was probably going to be the worst combination ever.
    Aida didn't even know if he should go meet anyone in his group. Aida walked decided to walk where the most talk was going, which was Chaos. Aida just made sure he wasn't to close. Close enough to hear the conversation, not to close where he could get pulled in.
    He didn't like Chaos.
    Aida heard Chaos said that he was only a child. Yeah, well so was Aida. Aida flipped his purple hair, but still said nothing he rather snoop. Aida wasn't even going to eat, he had watched everybody with their plates. And to him it looked like dog vomit.

21. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

Elryn enjoyed the food and drink as he was famished.

"And I myself will go to Sard. With me I will take Elryn, for his wisdom and power; Piesca with her skill and need to know; Hoden whose blood flows strong with the pride of his people; and Ostran for his knowledge of the hunt."

Elryn was pleased that he was going to Sard as he had always been curios about Sardic customs. Elryn had found out who his fellow adventurers were from listening to their conversations. For now he decided to talk to Piesca for it had been long since he had been in the company of an Alarin. Having been a scholar he had learned much of the Alarin's native tongue.

"I guess since we will be traveling together I should introduce myself. I am Elryn."

22. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

"I...he's fine." the Alarin girl, Piesca said. "He was just making sure I understood."

Hoden was not new to the game of romance, but his beloved had passed a long time ago, and he did not dwell on it to prevent painful memory. He had not attempted to find another love since, prefering to protect and serve the Erissian people.

It was easy to see that the nobleman in turn had a shallow affection for the girl already, but he kept his mouth sealed. He watched intently as the Alarin girl shifted her gaze to him and then the Aelin lad, he chuckled. She shouldn't even consider him, if thats what she was thinking. His duty lied solely on preserving Erissi's former glory, not on his own passions.

Hawk had said they were going to Sard, but Chaos was not going with them. Still, he didn't take to much thought into it, adventure was common amongst the pale riders. He hoped he could hunt out in Sard, to feed Lisky. "For now though," he spoke to his tamed beast, "We feast to our delights." Hoden said, tossing a meaty slab to Lisky, who chowed down with haste.

23. Crescentvn

Crescentvn New Member

What happened really unexpected to Arven Dol, to think this peaceful world he'd been living in would turn into disaster. Walking silently behind Hawk, he suddenly thought about his beloved village, friends, neighbor. "No, I will not let this to happen, if following this man will help me to save the race, I will do it."
    Watching the people chatting around him, he could not help but surprised, they didn't show any worry on their face. Or maybe he's thinking a little too much. With this he regained a bit of confidence, and his smile had return, "Everything will be fine, with this many people, together we can do it. They all seem like nice people, maybe they had a little of misunderstanding but everything is fine for now.". First stranger, friend after, old saying.

A short while after, they all arrived at a small tavern, the name was Skailer's so he heard. People sat their place and Hawk began his talk.
    Arven Dol turned to took a glance at his new company again, Aida and Chaos, they all looked beautiful, but not like Alarin or Alamin, so they must be Aelin. But to think that Aida was a male, this fact actually shocked him. To make peace is a nice goal, but he's not really sure about Aida, he could make the situation worse with his personality. Sat opposite of him with a gloomy face was Kee Rillin, a Mahri he believed. "She has really nice eyes, but why's a face like that I wondered.", Arven Dol said to himself. And Riana the guide, she looked pretty young.

He decided to get to know more about the new friends, so he stood up and walked towards Kee Rillin, "Hello, can I sit here?", tried so sound as much cheerful as he could. And didn't wait for she to answer, he sat down next to her.
    "Now I can introduce myself properly. I am Arven Dol, a Drenning. 17 years old, single. Nice to meet you. We will travel together, so please help each other on the way.", he said and reached out his hand.

24. Foxee

"I guess since we will be traveling together I should introduce myself. I am Elryn."

Piesca smiled at the blue-skinned man who towered over her. His eyes were red which was arresting in itself and his hairless head glimmered in the light. There was something about him that was heavy with mysicisim.

“You speak Alarin well, Elryn. To meet you is my pleasure. I am Piesca.” She smiled, beginning to feel more at ease in the group, “You are a Solan?”

25. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

“You are a Solan?”

"Yes, but it has been a long time since I've been to Sol. I am curios, how is Alarinaust? I would like to know before the war this man talks about comes to pass."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.