Tags:
  1. Sir Robin

Sir Robin Member

Moosylvania (actually Baltimore, Maryland)

Suggestion Curious about the like button.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Sir Robin, Oct 8, 2017.

I'm a refugee from another forum which I have left for reasons I'm not at liberty to disclose (no I wasn't banned; I left on my own accord without any prodding). Anyway, there are some excellent things about that forum as they have buttons for LOL's and Thanks. Now the thanks button may not be necessary, but I've come across a couple of posts I would have loved to have laughed at. To me, it doesn't seem enough to like a post that is obviously meant to be funny.

So I guess I'm asking (and I'm not expecting anyone to jump; God knows how many cockamamie suggestions we got at that other forum XD) if it is feasible to add an LOL button here. I don't know much about the system here (the other forum uses vbulletin) so I don't know if it's even possible. Anyway, I guess I'm curious if others would like to see an LOL button along with the like button.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

3. Sir Robin

Sir Robin Member

Moosylvania (actually Baltimore, Maryland)
    Not really. On the other forum, the LOL button is to the left of the Like button. It just gives you an option to do something other than like a post or even to do both.

4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I've seen this system on another Xenforo forum. I think there were four or five options, like on Facebook.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

yeah I've seen that too - The dislike button cause no end of aggro and had to be removed IIRC

Fernando.C likes this.
  6. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

I've wished for a dislike button at times, but ... yeah, that makes sense >.>

7. Clementine_Danger

Clementine_Danger Active Member

Nothing against it on principle, but this is a writer's forum, dammit. If we can't take the time to type out our sentiments like the proper goddamn wordsmiths we are, what hope is there left for humanity?

8. WillWriteforFood

WillWriteforFood New Member

Why don't you send them a personal message expressing how humorous you find their post? :)

9. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor