1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Dawn Tides discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Mr Mr, Dec 22, 2012.

For OOC and character sheets.

2. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Mimi: A Brief Introduction

Name: Mimi Emilie Clarion

Appearance: Petite, (5'1"), slim built, almost waif like with her curly dark hair and ebony eyes. She has a piquant, vivid face. One can never determine if Mimi is pretty or not. Some call her beautiful, others odd, with her unusual coloring: Nearly black hair and eyes, ghostly pale skin. With her elfin features and quicksilver grace, she is almost impossible to keep track of. She is everywhere and nowhere all at once.

Heaven have mercy on the fool who should tread upon the hem of her cloak, the ubiquitous black, fur-lined velvet. She has adapted her love of frivolous pretties into her need for sensible and serviceable. Knee boots and slim fitted breeches,(brown corduroy), give her plenty of freedom, while her tops, (in varying jewel toned hues), are empire waisted with a fitted bodice, sweetheart neckline and cap sleeves, allow her to indulge in her feminine side. Various patterns of gauze and lace insets, give her a wider indulgence.

Her dark hair is always loose down her back, hinting at an elusive freedom she guards closely.

Personality: Vivid and brilliant, she has a quicksilver tongue and outrageous sense of the ridiculous. She possesses a temper, but it takes much to rouse it. For Mimi, patience is not a virtue. She is impetuous, given to leaping long before she looks. She manipulates situations to her benefit and the betterment of others. She is more kind than cruel, but doesn't hesitate to speak her mind. Firm and confident in her identity and abilities, she is quick to draw the attention of a crowd when she chooses to.

She is never still, but always drifting about, her movements as graceful as a dance.

Inventory: Rucsac. A rapier, a silver locket with a mirror and a miniature. Her cloak and hand warmers, handmade by her grandmother.

Class (see below): Animal Transformation: Otter

Element: Water

Skills (includes spells): Stealth. Simple water shaping skills in her mortal guise through the aid of her locket. A crackerjack thief, she can get into places few others can. She is as good with her blades and her fists.

Miscellaneous info: Mimi is careful to keep the truth of her abilities hidden, pledging allegiance to nothing but the greater good. The world sees her as a merry hell raiser, game for any bit of excitement.

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Nice post darkin, otter seems like a good choice for Mimi. I hadn't considered otters when thinking of animals people would use. One question though, where is she?

Edit: What allegiance is she? I'm guessing neutral.

4. SocksFox

Neutral

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Ok. Where is she so I can give her pompts?

6. SocksFox

On a trail heading up from the beach toward the settlement on Little Rock.

7. SocksFox

Mimi is anything but shy...

8. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, United States
    Cage Lupum Character Sheet

Name: Cage Lupum

Appearance: Standing at about six feet tall he is strong, fast, and agile beyond compare, Hiding an arsenal of weapons under his ice blue cloak, skin as pale as a piece of paper with eyes to match, his hair as pitch black as the new moon. He wears belt with a bright blue trinket belt buckle in the shape of a wolf’s head.

Personality: Cage, is still trying to figure out what to do with his powers he is unsure and concerned about what he is becoming and who will come after him because he has this new found power. He discovered this power about six years ago. He likes to stick to the dark and only escape the comfort of the shadows if he must. He is a cold hearted individual, the kind that would leave a person writhing in pain and unable to defend themselves with no issue to him, he sees that as weakness and pointless allow that person the bliss of death immediately and instead make them suffer and regret that they weren’t strong enough for defeating that which killed them. He sees no reason to help anyone other than himself with his power and has yet to find anyone that can convince him otherwise.

Inventory: Twin swords about three feet long, the blades are black with a blue jewel inlay that when held correctly cannot be seen by the enemy until it’s far too late

Class: Animagi with the ability to transform into a Wolf, the first stage of his form he looks like a normal white wolf, in the second stage of his transformation he looks like a white werewolf, in his final stage he is completely transparent made of solid ice the ground surrounding him in his final form turns to ice within a five foot radius.

Element: Ice

Skills: A highly skilled fighter, specializing in sword based attacks. Cage emits a cold aura the temperature in any area within a three foot radius drops to the freezing point of water which he can use to walk or even run on water. He has the ability to create ice from water and wield the ice as a weapon and shape the ice to whatever form to he desires, but his ice is time limited and melts within five minutes if he is not in a three foot radius.

Allegiance: Legion

Miscellaneous info: At the age of seventeen Cage was an apprentice mage and about to graduate from his masters teachings, on the eve of the graduation he was given a bright blue trinket belt buckle in the shape of a wolf’s head by his father, shortly after he and his father got into an argument that spiraled out of control while he was wearing his belt which began to glow more with more and more intensity as his rage grew and he transformed into the ice wolf killing his father. After the incident he ran to his master and told him what had happened and upon hearing this; his master sent him away to gain control over his new powers. Now at twenty three and finally understanding how to master his powers; he is returning to his master in Iron City to complete his training. Though to this day he has never been able to replicate the form he transformed into six years ago or anything above it he has only been able to transform into a white wolf to this date.

9. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

I hope my first post was taking it in the direction it needed to go. I figured it maybe important to the story line to have Cage return to his master and his master make him become a Legion soldier. It also took a bit longer than intended to give him the order to go meet M.

10. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Ok I've had M meet Cage.

Darkkin if you want to have Mimi look around the ship I'll cast it off when I wake up.

11. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

I will have Cage walk to the docks of ship four trying to seek out Captain Brenn

12. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Character sheets for Joel and Benn.

Name: Joel

Appearance (picture is acceptable): A large man. Stands at about 6". Clean shaven with medium length black hair on top.

Personality: Kind natured but ferocious when needs be. Not the hardest man to anger nor the smartest.

Inventory: Map, compass, gold,

Class (see below): Dual hander

Element: N/A

Skills (includes spells): Skilled with his two short swords and his flintlock pistol. Deceptively strong for his appearance.

Allegiance: Neutral. While not fond of the Legion he will ocaisionaly take on jobs from them.

Miscellaneous info: A portly captain known for his love of gold and all things sweet. Callous to anyone in his way but treats anyone in his crew like family. Doing favours for all sides has earned him some favour and a degree of respect. He's met a few of the Rebel generals and was responsible for one of them becoming and animagi. The lower level Legion soldiers leave him be unlike most traders, only the few new or ignorant ones try to trifle with him. Joel has become one of the few people able to fend of Legion harrasment and recieve no punishment.

Name: 'Boomstick' Benn

Appearance (picture is acceptable): A very average looking man. 5"11. Short brown hair normally tinged with gunpowder. Goggles.

Personality: Benn is a laid back man, one of the friendlier people in the Legion. He will sit back and wait before acting.

Inventory: A lot of explosives, knife, special steam rifle he built allowing him to out shoot conventional weaponry. His ship also possess forward facing steam powered cannons, being water powere they don't run out making Benn a hard person to get rid of.

Class (see below): Sniper

Element: N/A

Skills (includes spells): Possibly the most accurate person on the Great Blue and one of the smarter. His custom rifle has about 100ft on the Legions most powerful rifle. It can also be equipped with a variety of projectiles including bombs. He is also skilled with a rapier.

Allegiance: Legion, all though some wonder why.

Miscellaneous info: Started out as a Legion engineer and slowly moved up as his potential was recognised. Built M's custom ship granting him a lot of favour. Being one of the smarter Legionaires he is usually sent on public relation missions or for talks with Rebels.

13. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Ok

Darkkin - Combat time and I'm liking the hints to Mimi's past. Feel free to handle the combat as you like, the kraken will run before you kill it though.

Zaris - Combat shortly. The iron city is a bit further so I'd get in any last questions before the time skip. Or feel free to skip a day and ask them then.

Sorry for the time skips, although there will be more, they're kind of neccessary - Although I suppose the time could be used for character development.

14. Sven Berthold

Sven Berthold New Member

Name: Rufus Cooper

Appearance:
    No matter what he may be wearing or his physical appearance, the most eyecatching characteristic of Rufus’ is his long straight crimson hair framing a fair looking face, with some also quite long bangs falling across it on a disorderly manner, one bodily features he actually is quite fond of.

As for build, the man is not particularly strong or muscular considering his usual activities do not often involve sports practice, Rufus is slim with broad shoulders of medium high, which causes him to often use high heeled boots since Rufus is rather annoyed at having to look up at his interlocutors.

If his hair and slender build did not attract enough indiscrete looks in most places, Rufus is also rather fond of extravagant clothing. His social attire consists mostly of a long white cloak that hides his shoulders and upper body with black collar and cuffs, as well as some black and golden adornments on the chest and back, never missing the white neck cloth; for his lower body Rufus wears less fancy dress, some simple dark trousers and, for a perfect final touch, his trendy black and white high heel boots.

For a more casual wear he prefers dark clothing made of a slightly more rough material, something simple such as a black shirt open at the neck and plain dully colored trousers, never leaving out a cloak covering his shoulders, these simpler, more revealing clothing, however, are never used in public or with people he might consider important and higher in status since Rufus is rather fussy about his appearance and the impact it might cause on those around him.

Personality: Appearing cool and reserved in every occasion is one of his greatest preoccupation, people may steal information from him based on his reactions and feelings demonstrated, something he must not allow under any circumstances.

Unless able to prove otherwise, people are a completely uninteresting subjects from which he would prefer to keep his distance, over time Rufus has learned to read other’s intentions and thoughts through their movements and reactions which is why he is so reserved and always shielded by his way too formal words, something that does not hide, however, his sarcasm and irony used for both leaving it clear his disregard for society in general and attempting to create more amusing reactions on those with whom he relates. Observing might be one of Rufus’ greatest abilities, by observing other’s faults, habits, movements or even expressions he can come to learn a great deal about them without any deeper research, he can learn their secrets, their fears or anxieties; when it comes to people, he is a skilled reader.

It is Mr. Cooper’s belief that an individual’s view of the world is restricted to the little they know and all the illusions they harbor, most of his feeling of superiority comes from such thoughts, which may be rather prejudiced in some ways. Having this kind of attitude, his lack of reliable companions also called friends is not at all unexplainable, though loneliness is not a problem, he actually enjoys being alone, away from those who he calls dull and uninteresting.

One of Rufus’ greatest priorities is to protect his honor, being able to go to any lengths in order to accomplish such goal, though his notion of honor may be quite different from what people would believe. Another queer fact about him would be his morals: unlike others, Rufus does not follow the proper codes of morality, believing acts (such as killing and betrayal) to be no more than a simple occurrence, something that can easily be ignored.

Inventory: -A small notebook and pen, notes are a rather important item in his profession;
    -Hidden knife for protection
    -Pair of reading glasses

Class: Thief/Information Seller

Element: -

Skills:
    -Collecting information: Whether he needs to break into a house to steal a document or hide in the corner of a café to listen to a conversation, Rufus will do anything needed. He also possess many contacts from whom he bargains the goods, as he likes to call his trade objects, to afterwards pass to other buyers.
    -Manipulating individuals: People may be mere pawns that are left at his disposal, Rufus is not, however, willing to lose any of them. It is not with money of influence that he conquers such pawns, it is with his words always spiced with malice, mind games he enjoys playing with others so that they might follow his purposes.
    -Acting: Flawless is his hability, Rufus has learned to fake perfectly, his movements, his speech, even body language cannot betray the crimson haired man whenever he needs to fool someone. If one observes his eyes, however, he may notice a hint of expression which he cannot hide.

Allegiance: No allegiance

Miscellanous info: The queer man holds no loyalty to any man or legion, he despises the feeling of being controlled by some random idea. Rufus once had a lover by whom he was bitterly betrayed, the result of such action forced him to flee his hometown and thus deepen his lack of trust for any.

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sorry that took so long, lost the first draft.

16. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

I apologize for not posting sooner I had something come up

17. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Don't worry its fine. We're on almost opposite time zones so its not too much issue. I also have a tonne of revision so I don't have loads of time either.

18. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Darkkin are you going to finish of the kraken?

19. SocksFox

As it is, was, a beast of your creation, I didn't know if I had kill strike privileges. I was waiting for the monster and Captains' reactions. If you want me to toast it I can...:D

20. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Thank you but for the most part, unless stated, assume you can go for the kill :D

21. SocksFox

If it sounds insane...It just might work...:D.

22. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

I would say the way you killed it wasnt insane just awesome haha very action packed I enjoyed reading your work :D

23. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Starting to see more animosity between Cage and Mimi it will be interesting to see more interaction with those two

24. SocksFox

Mimi has family on both sides of the fence and a lot of bad blood in between...

25. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Wow great post, nice to get some back story. Just 2 things I should have clarified before:

1) Loadstones, while uncommon, are just stones.

2) Animagi abilities aren't gene or bloodline based, their powers stem from the artefact they posses (hence the artefact/powers can be taken, they retain the tiniest fraction though). But don't change your post, its still awsome :D