Dawn Tides discussion thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Mr Mr, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sorry for the delay. I've left how injured your characters are vague. If they need healing I'm sure Mimi or Silver will oblige.

2. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, United States
    Cage is returning to M now I am sure that M will have more than a few words for him atleast that is what Cage is expecting at the moment

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

LTW, Pepper. Darkkin - Do you intend to post soon?

4. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

I felt I had to post about Cage's concern with being in his final form hope I was able to do it justice

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Post finally up. Do what you like for a while, I'll have them reach their journey shortly.

6. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

I appologize for not responding to your message earlier Mr Mr. Something happened where I didnt get any notificatons saying I had a new message

7. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

You posting soon MrMr?

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Yes, sorry for the delay. Something is wrong with messaging. I'll be posting for Joel / Silvers soon.

9. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

The artefact is located after 1 right, 2 lefts, 1 right and another left if you wish to head straight to it. You may explore / wander aimlessly for a bit if you prefer :p

10. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Seems like Cage is always getting injured somehow lmao but I guess thats really the only thing that keeps him fighting so ruthlessly is that wounded animal instinct :p

11. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Hello everyone! I want to join in this roelplay, but I have one small question before I post my character template....I'm new to this site and this is the first rp forum ,after searching tons on this website, that has caught my attention. (partly for it's activity and setting/plot) :D

1. What is GM ? ("Templates must be sent to the GM for approval BEFORE posting.")

12. Love to Write

Bwhahahahahaha!!! At last! Another member to bring into our folds. *cough cough* excuse me, what I mean to say is "Welcome." I too have searched dozens of Rp sites and this is by far the best of them all.

To answer your question: a GM= Game Master. The Game master is the person who runs a particular game. In this case, MrMr leads this particular game. If you click his name you will see an option to private message him.

13. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Oh okay! *faceplant* Can't believe I didn't figure that out. XD

"I too have searched dozens of Rp sites and this is by far the best of them all."- I was singling out this site alone and saying that out of the roleplays made on this website's RPG forum this is the best I've seen here on this site. (minor detail, but thought I should clarify)

Can't wait to jump right in! I'm making my character a guy so be prepared for a strong personality and much distraction >:] Mwahaha!!
    Edit: Changed my character entirely, but I like how this one turned out. :)

14. Love to Write

Ah. No problem. Can't wait to see your character when Mr Mr approves it. Also, a fore warning. The few players on this game are in different time zones so this game moves rather slow. But I think that just makes for better writing personally.

15. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Ah, thank you for telling me! As long as it's not polar opposite (everyone except one person day switched to night vise versa). This happened to me in an amazing roleplay and I couldn't keep up :/ but frequently visited and popped in to say hi. It was sad. And I do agree that it makes better writing as long as it's not the situation I mentioned.

16. Love to Write

What time is it for you right now? Most of us who are on here everyday have only a few hour time difference. It's 10min to 10:00 for me. Most of the regular writers are already off to bed.

17. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    That's the cruelty of time zones. I'm just out of bed. (Good morning!)

Welcome to the game Lovely Lass.

18. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

ROFL @Pepper1 ~surprised me
    I'm having trouble sleeping... -_-
    @Love to Write 10 min to 10:00.....am...pm? 2:00 am here. I won't be on everyday. Probably maybe three times max during the week and infinate on weekends.(for posting, but I'm on here at least 30min a day max is 1 1/2 hours/weekday)

Edit: I'll be on every day, but it takes me a while to post. My limit plan did not work. I love reading all the different stories on here. It's so addicting.

19. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Welcome to the game Lovely Lass! I apologize for my hiatus to everyone I work like to tear me away from my writing every now and again. Has anyone spoke Mr Mr lately?

20. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Nah. he's probably dead :p

21. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

I hope not...then i'll never be able to join. O_O

22. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Don't worry I'm not dead. Lass I'll be replying shortly. I was waiting for others to post but they haven't so I'll move the cave along, a post for cage will follow.

Edit - Apologies Pepper I completely missed your post.

23. Lovely Lass

Lovely Lass New Member

Name: Marshall Mackenzie

Appearance: When Marshall walks into a room he is unnoticed and people usually forget what his face looks like. His lean frame stands 5’7’’ tall and he weighs an average 140 lbs. His wavy vermillion hair ranges from almost black, to deep red, and accented with sun-kissed highlights. It's mostly brushed back and falls medium length cut with various layers. His face has specs of freckles and he also has scruff on his chin, sideburns, and a mustache. He works out on a daily basis to keep his body muscle toned. The most attractive attribute are his forest green eyes. He has a permanent criminal identity tag on the top left ear lobe. It looks like a normal ring piercing set in silver, but on the underside it has an engraved ID number.

Personality: Marshall is a social person, but also likes his time alone. He is observational, has a keen sense of awareness in his surroundings, and easily adaptable to change. He has a curious playful nature and loves adrenaline rush. If in a sticky situation you won’t see much of him, but he's waiting for his opportune moment to strike. He might stick up for certain people if he's gotten attached to them. When he's relaxing he enjoys playing his flute, drinking rum, playing cards, and conversation starting. A small quirk is that he talks to himself when nobody is around. The very first impression a person sees him as intelligent, outgoing, and fun. If a person looks deeper they'll realize they don't really know anything about his personal life and is quite mysterious. To deal with confrontation he gives enough information to avoid any further questioning.

Although he has many resourceful qualities, everyone has downfalls. At times he seems a bit childish when seriousness is needed. He also has a weak spot for women so he can be easily persuaded by them. Ironically he doesn't know how to swim therefore he cannot swim, but he does float well enough not to drown. He'll do anything not to go back to prison. Lastly, a previous injury to his left arm causes him phantom pains, but he can only ignore it to a certain point before it becomes a serious issues.

Inventory: Flute, Water Canteen, Short kinfe

Class: Escaped Criminal

Element: N/A

Skills: With scheming, eavesdropping, and nimble treading he is a mastermind in disguise. His mind is sharp as a tack. When it comes to fighting he is skilled in evasive strategies and a good strategists in general. Short blades are his specialty when it comes to close combat. If the opponent stays close in combat for long period of time the oppenent will likely be ripped to shreds with his quick left-handed swipes. He's great with blending in his surroundings, disappearing, and hiding. He also knows a little bit of first aid.

Allegiance: Rebels

Miscellaneous info: Marshall killed a man and was imprisoned at the age of 17. Born and raised in Iron city with a poor family consisted of a mother, a father, and two younger brothers, all stuck working in factories. His father was a drunkard and one night Marshall snapped after his father brutally beat everyone in the household including Marshall. He let his anger get the better of him and nflicted a head injury that killed his father instantly.

He had heard about what prison was like, but this was an eye opener. He didn't try to hide the fact he was scared out of mind. He never thought he would be in prison and at this young an age. One thing that he learned from being in prison was to stay out of way and be invisible unless you wanted to get pummeled to death. There were constant cell checks, lousy food, and dangerous criminals. He was moved to a different prison facility after a year. When he arrived it was more like a concentration camp than a prison. He was forced to do manual labor and they even took a devise and tagged his left ear with a permanent ID piercing. The labor became routine, and after plenty of lashes he stopped resisting. Because of his height and red hair he was a constant punching bag. All of the cell mates were forced to have their heads shaved.

The one thing he looked forward to was a stranger who visited him every once in a while. After four years in prison he was sick of being there. They hadn't said one word about his release date, so he talked to that stranger who always visited and asked if he could helped him escape. Shock hit him hard when he received information that his family had starved to death while he was imprisoned. He tried to find the stranger who was kind enough to help him escape, but the stranger was nowhere to be found.

24. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Welcome Lovely Lass.

Others - Now you have to decide who becomes the next animagi? Luciel or Wing. (or neither if they don't want it).

25. Love to Write

I'd love for Luciell to have it. But Pepper has been with the story longer than me so she should get it.