Dawn Tides

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Mr Mr, Dec 21, 2012.

1. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska, United States
    Cage Lupum

"We owe some gratitude. We'll turn a blind eye this time, pretend we never saw her animagi abilities. But next time, apprehend her. Then she can either register, surrender her artefact or try and fight us."

Benn sat down next to the otter checking her wounds. She didn't seem to badly hurt.

"And besides, we need to follow them."

Cage nodded and with a low growl sheathed his blade. The Captain had I clear point it was thanks to her aid the Kraken was killed, swiftly. Cage would be watching the woman from this point forward he made a point to himself to know every move she made. Then he turned his cold fierce eyes away from the otter and turned it to the other Captain Joel aboard the vessel and walked towards him with intimidating assertion once he was close enough to the Captain he grabbed a hold of Joel's shoulder with a hand that would freeze his shoulder to the man's bones if there hadn't been any clothing in the way; and growled into his ear low enough for no one to hear accept for Joel and himself. "Let it be known Captain, that whether you knew it or not you do have an Animagi woman aboard your ship... Being this brought to my attention I will be watching you and the girl with a predator's eye, you and you crew survive now only because my Captain forbade me to do otherwise... However, if you betray my Captain's trust I will be sure to slit your throat myself..."

Cage released the Captain's shoulder from his frozen grasp and turned back towards the Captain Benn and slowly walked back to him. As he approached he cast his bloodlusted frozen gaze back to the otter who Benn had still been examining for injury it was then that he noticed something about the otter which almost started to ease his nerves. He noticed that she was very graceful and percise in her movements, that every move she made was graceful and intentional, no wasted energy was wasted in her movements. This was tip on how to defeat her if he ever needed to fight her, be as unpredictable as possible, make her tire herself out then he would have his opportunity to strike her down if need be. That thought only remained in his mind for half a second, as he watched her the more and more his nerves settled, and he was able to walk up to his captain as calm as he was the first day of the voyage.

"Captain Benn, it appears that the crew of this ship only has minor injuries with your permission I believe we should return to our ship and check on the crew." Cage suggested calmly; he couldn't understand it, he hasn't been able to be this calm in the years since the accident, with his father, especially after a battle.

2. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Mimi: Leap, Now Look.

The otter slid out of the Captain's grasp, hissed at Cage, grabbed her sword in her teeth and skittered over to the deck rail. Smooth as silk, she slipped through the gap and back into the water. A short, swift swim brought her back to the beach and her forgotten dagger, cloak, boots, and warmers.

Shifting back to her human form, she wrung what water she could from her weighted curtain of hair. With a pang, she recalled covetous thoughts of a copper tub. Kraken entrails didn't make for pleasant raiment. Gathering her stray possessions, Mimi made her barefooted way back up the shoreline to Joel's ship. This wasn't going to be easy to explain.

3. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Benn
    Benn laughed as Cage released Joel. Joel stood up anger written all over his face.

"Well done Cage, you managed to catch Joel of guard. I wouldn't advise trying that again. He wouldn't have any trouble hitting back."

Cage nodded in response before replying

"Captain Benn, it appears that the crew of this ship only has minor injuries with your permission I believe we should return to our ship and check on the crew."

"Of course," Benn said heading to the edge the ship and leaping over. "I'll be seeing you Joel." He yelled as he jumped.

The crew of their ship were relatively unharmed. Some clapped at Cage as he boarded. Now they had seen him in action. Benn went to the wheel before addressing them.

"Ok, we need to follow Joel so I want you all to look busy until he leaves, got that?"

Joel
    Joel was sitting down as Mimi boarded. He threw another towel towards her and motioned for her to sit. The crew bustled about getting ready to leave as if they had never been attacked.

"Now lets have a chat about a certain animagi I'm sure Benn has just seen. Why don't you start at the begining?"

4. SocksFox

Mimi: The Betrayal of Narwhal

"Now lets have a chat about a certain animagi I'm sure Benn has just seen. Why don't you start at the beginning?"

Ire flashed in Mimi's dark eyes as she accepted the towel and dropped down onto a barrel. "How shall I start...Oh, once upon a time in the Northern Scapes of the Great Blue there was an island, its name forgotten by all but a few. Its population sparse, but proud. They were a people of ancient power with an affinity to the sea. They were hunters, warriors, explorers and...oddly enough, inventors."

Popping her locket free of her dagger, she toyed with the silver bauble. "They specialized in rare metals, quicksilver, and mirrors. Curious relics that magnify the inherent abilities of elemental weavers, most especially water. Many of them were lost to the ravages of time, others were destroyed to prevent them from falling into the hands of the Legion, but there were a few that survived, passed from generation to generation. Legendary relics. Lodestones."

Hands paused, heads turned. Mimi's laugh was dark. "Now you begin to understand."

She shivered, drawing forth her unusual dagger. "The Lodestones of Narwhal Cove were my grandfather's obsession and our island's only hope. Demetri deClarion was a brilliant man, cunning and driven, he sought to locate our island's lost relics. Our people were dying, the magic in our blood fading with each subsequent generation. My grandmother, Eveline, was the last known shifter of Narwhal. She was a Seal."

Memories darkened Mimi's bright gaze. "Demetri and Eveline had one child, a son, Adrain deClarion, who should have become head of Narwhal Cove. Instead, he abandoned the island and joined the ranks of the Legion's elite fighters. He acquired the rank of Major shortly before he met and married my mother, Lily Orionson, daughter of the renowned Legion General Orionson."

"It was that meeting with Lily that started the trouble." Mimi continued, her eyes downcast. "My father, desperate to prove himself, betrayed his father and Narwhal Cove. He told the Legion command about Demetri's research and the Narwhal Relics. Naturally, the Legion invaded the island, taking anything they thought might be of value, including my family's relic, a quicksilver dagger."

"Narwhal Cove was broken, our people nothing more than a remnant of our former power. No relics, magic, or animagi. Nothing more than a derelict colony at the northern edge of the world." Her voice was laced with pain as she recalled the brutal tale. "But my father got what he wanted. Lily Orionson's hand in marriage, an arrangement not to Lily's liking."

A thread of respect seeped into Mimi's aching tone. "She fled to Narwhal when she discovered she was with child, knowing the possibility she carried a shifter." Quickly she dashed away the tears that threatened. "According to my grandparents she lived just long enough to see my rune lines. She knew I was an animagi, the first to bear the Narwhal Runes in more than seventy years."

"For eighteen years I was safe with my grandparents on Narwhal. They taught me the ways of the sea, how to bend and shape the fluid medium of my element. But never once did they mention my father or his rape of our island. No one knew about me or my abilities, but there are some secrets that just cannot remain hidden." Again her eyes flared with rage. "Whispers reached the Iron City of a possible missed relic on Narwhal."

"The Major returned to his home port, bringing another Legion faction with him." Mimi's voice cracked. "This time there was no reprieve for the Narwhalers. The Legion burned everything, killing more than half the island's inhabitants, my grandmother among them. My grandfather and I were captured and brought before my father. One look was enough to confirm the truth the matter. I was Lily deClarion's daughter.

We were taken into custody and brought to the Iron City. My grandfather was imprisoned and I was sent to live with my mother's family, the Orionsons. The granddaughter of a General, I didn't want for anything except my freedom. The General was careful to keep my abilities a secret from the Legion. Why, I don't know, but he did. He knew I was an animagi, but he didn't know about the locket Demetri had made for me or the stolen deClarion dagger."

"For three years I bided my time, honing my skills and attempting to locate my grandfather. Nothing came of my efforts, but I did learn about the missing dagger. When word reached me that Demetri had died in prison, I decided enough was enough. I left, retrieved my family relic, and disappeared."

5. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Joel
    The ship had left the island and was well underway by the time mimi finished. Joel had noticed Benn's ship sailing just behind them but thought nothing of it.

"I can see why you would hate the legion. Do you know anything about this Silvers?" Joel said taking a sip from bottle.

"Sadly I do, I watched it happen." Silvers said. Anger flashed across Mimi's face and Silvers quickly continued. "You must understand, when the legion performs a wipe there is very little anyone can do. The only people who could have stopped it at the time were Solomon and Edward both of whom were to far to do anything."

He took the bottle from Joel and gulped some down before continuing.

"You have a few details incorrect and missing however. You see when a wipe is performed, and your islands was done by M no less, they don't leave anything on the island. The members that survive there now are the ones that left and returned. M leaves nothing standing when he wipes something. You island was subject to a horrible technique know as the volcano. M just flattened it with magma. I've seen a few wipes but only seen the volcano once, he saves that for islands. Watching people run, scream and then melt is nothing short of horrific."

He took another gulp as a tear escaped.

"You also missed the battle that followed as we tried to retrieve you. Had we not been decieved this would be a very different conversation."

Silvers stood, making towards the cabin.

"If you would like I can take you to the rebels, your anger could be well purposed there. Think on it before we reach port."

He headed inside leaving Joel and Mimi sitting in silence. Joel waited a moment before breaking it.

"I don't think I'll ever work out how old Silvers is. He looked that old when I was barely a man and he still looks the same. I would consider his offer very carefully, Silvers has been wanted by the Legion for as long as anyone knows but they can never pin anything on him or catch him. He is also very close to Solomon, if you wish to join them and fight I can't think of a better way in."

6. SocksFox

Mimi: Fork in the Road

"I don't think I'll ever work out how old Silvers is. He looked that old when I was barely a man and he still looks the same. I would consider his offer very carefully, Silvers has been wanted by the Legion for as long as anyone knows but they can never pin anything on him or catch him. He is also very close to Solomon, if you wish to join them and fight I can't think of a better way in."

Mimi pulled a long string of kraken entrail from her hair. "I owe it to the Narwhalers to retrieve the stolen artefacts and restore the island. The Legion is desperate to get their hands on my grandfather, Demetri's artefact work. He was one of the few experts, who studied the artefacts for the sake of learning, not to discover the key to their power."

"My locket was the last artefact forged on Narwhal, Demetri designed it to work in conjunction with the deClarion dagger." Her slender fingers clenched around the hilt of the shimmering blade.

"This was not an easy thing to recover, but I have been well taught. Locks and barriers have long been a hobby of mine. Unfortunately my skills weren't enough to help me locate Demetri."

Eyes as black and fathomless as india ink, she stared out at the sea. "The Legion seeks to tame this savage creature, but the waves are not meant to be broken. The oceans are the beating heart of freedom, a power no one has the right to bind down. It is a blasphemy to try."

Stripping away more drying entrails she paced along the railing. "Respect for the sea and its power is one of the first things all Narwhalers learn. A lesson my father failed to take to heart. It is part of what made the Narwhal Artefacts so sought after, the unusually high levels of power they could harness."

"I have too many questions and precious few answers. Everything I knew and loved was destroyed by my own family, who had planned to use me as a bartering chip." Mimi said, her eyes spitting fire. "Even after my mother's death, the General didn't learn his lesson. A thing, he and my father have in common. A trait, I missed out on. I saw history about to repeat itself and felt it was time to leave. With Demetri dead there was nothing holding me to the Iron City except the Orionsons' will."

"That was a little more than a month ago. And now there are even more questions, Joel." She continued, gesturing to the cargo.

"That Legion Captain knew something about this load. He said it was clean, but why would he be there with an animagi?" She shivered at the memory of that barely leashed rage, recognizing blood lust for what it was. It wouldn't take much to put that one over the edge.

Shaking her heavy hair back, she gathered her scattered thoughts. "Seems like a bit of overkill for a small smuggling load, especially when there was nothing beyond the ordinary in it." Mimi sighed, leaning against the railing with an innate grace. "I know there is a certain level of trust and respect between you and the various Captains on both sides, but something is off.

A storm is coming. Kraken on the trade routes, animagi on routine smuggling checks...The sea is restless, agitated. And the whispers...I need to know what's behind them. As exciting as this has been, I don't think I will find my answers with you, Joel."

She held out a small, wrinkled hand. "Things will be easier for you if I disappear and I can honestly say, it has been a pleasure."

7. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

Cage followed Benn aboard the Ship and was shocked as some of the crew greeted him with applause and handshakes. For the entirety of the six years he had spent alone he was an outcast. No one had ever greeted him let alone cheered for him as he entered sight. It was then, Williams from the start of the voyage approached Cage and shook his hand with a large half-drunken smile.

“Mister Lupum, it’s good to shee you unharmed, sir! Twas mighty unnerving shheeing you battle that monster with that other Animagi… Almost all of these men haven’t sheen a battle like that before… The fact they survived due to you protecting tshem is cause for celebration! Welcome to the family lady!” The rest of the crew shared in a cheer then Benn’s voice boomed from the wheel of the ship.

“Ok, we need to follow Joel so I want you all to look busy until he leaves, got that?”

The crew roared a mighty, “Aye, Sir!”
    With that they began bustling about the ship Cage watched and chuckled as Williams stumbled to begin scrubbing the deck down bottle of rum in his hand. Cage turned and began walking towards the Captain surely they had more than quite a few things to discuss.

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Joel
    "Things will be easier for you if I disappear and I can honestly say, it has been a pleasure." Mimi said holding out a hand. Joel shook it.

"Let's get your pay before you go," He said leading her into his cabin. From within a chest he pulled out a sack of coins and began counting. "You say the sea was never meant to be taimed, do you know how this world came to be?"

Mimi shook her head.

"In the beginning there was chaos. Then out of the chaos came the Ro’hal, three beasts born out of nothingness.

The Leviathan, bringing with it the seas and the water.

The Ziz bringing the skies and storms.

And the Behemoth, bringing the land and the plants.

Soon spirits and creatures came, and then...man. Everything was fine, until man became greedy. They started trapping the spirits for their own uses. The Ro’hal saw this and tried to defend them, some stood with them but they didn’t last long. When the Ro’hal saw this they went into hiding, disappearing from the world of man, leaving only a map to those they trusted to find them.

Years past and the Ro’hal faded to story, story faded to legend and over time legend became nothing more than myth.

Then Solomonn appeared. Out of nowhere, with the Ziz and a map. He has a way to find artefacts wherever they may be. This is why D wants it. If he finds the Leviathan's artefact he will have dominion over the sea and all upon it. Solomonn is powerful but would be powerless against the sea."

Joel paused putting her pay into a sack.

"My point is you have a bloodline so closely connected to water I'm amazed the Leviathan artefact wasn't on your island. Solomon's map may show you were it granfathers work is."

"Think on it" he said handing her the sack.

Benn
    The ship was making good time, they were just behind Joel but not so far that he couldn't catch up if Joel went of course. He caught an approaching Cage's eye.

"You seem to have something on your mind, a coin for your thoughts?"

9. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

"You seem to have something on your mind, a coin for your thoughts?"

“That is an understatement…” Cage said as he sighed and sat down beside the Captain. “Why is it before now the crew seemed fearful of me and my abilities and now they are rejoicing in the fact that I fought with them in battle?” Cage was trying as hard as he could to understand why the crew was holding him in such a high regard, in his mind all he did was fight to protect his own life besides the captain who was sworn to protect no one else was even a thought in his mind.

“Then there is that Animagi woman with the other Captain where did she come from it is certain she is not legion yet… Could she be a rebel or maybe she is on the fence and can be swayed to join us? One thing for certain she did not like me being there with you…” There was something entrancing about her, she fought with such ferocity that he could hardly believe his eyes. She was highly graceful, not to mention beautiful.

“There is also the fact that you and the other Captain… Joel, was it? There seemed to be a high amount of respect some would almost say a friendship between the two of you, if I may ask Captain, what is the story behind the two of you?”

10. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Benn
    “That is an understatement…” Cage said as he sighed and sat down beside Benn. “Why is it before now the crew seemed fearful of me and my abilities and now they are rejoicing in the fact that I fought with them in battle?”

"They are still fearful but now they know what you can do, you also acted quickly, some animagi would have let the crew attack first. You did them a favour, seeing as you are confused by their reaction I'm guessing you did it for your own reasons which is good." Benn said waiting for the rest of Cages questions.

“Then there is that Animagi woman with the other Captain where did she come from it is certain she is not legion yet… Could she be a rebel or maybe she is on the fence and can be swayed to join us? One thing for certain she did not like me being there with you…”

"No she's definately not Legion, you're the newest animagi for a while. I doubt shes rebel, if she is then she isn't very high ranking. We are meant to be pursuing a rebel animagi but they're supposedly a general. You would have definately felt a generals prescence. Swayed? The way she acted towards you would say no and she may have just disliked you because your form is a predator, she is prey." Benn chuckled at the last bit, he wouldn't mind preying on her. He was still thinking when Cage's third question came.

“There is also the fact that you and the other Captain… Joel, was it? There seemed to be a high amount of respect some would almost say a friendship between the two of you, if I may ask Captain, what is the story behind the two of you?”

"Respect definately, friendship? Possibly although I don't know if I'd go that far. It's a love hate relationship. We go back quite a bit, he was a captain when I met him. Then I became a captain and we kept meeting, he would always be on a different side, Legion, rebel, neutral, he didn't mind. We've fought together too. After this attack I think I owe him one, or are we even...I can't remember but yes we have a fair bit of history. That's a tale for another day though."

Benn stood stretching.

"Get some rest, we can talk more tomorrow if you wish" He said leaving for his bed.

11. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

Cage nodded in understanding of the Captain, watching as Benn slowly stood and stretched his arms. He was obliviously tired from the battle earlier, Cage couldn’t help but admit he was tired as well it was a long day and he had a lot he had to take in. So he decided that he too would retire for the evening as well. Cage stood his azure blue cloak blowing in the salted sea air; he looked over the crew with his snow white eyes. Everything had settled down far too quickly for his liking, his eyes narrowed as he looked out to sea and muttered.

“Something is coming but what?” Cage rested his arms on the rail of the ship and lowered his head. “And will I be ready for this battle ahead?”

Cage raised his head once more and looked at the moon that was now rising above the waves. “Father, what am I supposed to do? Am I really ready for such a task as this?”

Cage turned and began slowly walking below deck, when he finally reached his room he closed the door behind him and stood there in silence for but a moment, as was his normal ritual after a battle to grieve for the soul that lost the battle and retired his azure cloak for the night. He lay down there in his bed with one sword held to his chest and the other resting behind his head under the pillow, he made this a habit that was unbreakable he was to always be prepared no matter what may come.

Cage drifted off into sleep and began to dream he dreamt of the night of the argument when his father was slain, he tossed and turn, growled and barked as the dream raged on in his mind.

“How could you!? You realize you are betraying the neutrality of our family by joining them!” His father roared, raising his hand to Cage. His father was a tall man with a body as though it was made of steel. Cage had hidden who his master’s allegiance was with until this unfortunate pale moonlit night. The fact the he was going to join the legion broke everything he was raised to believe by his Father. Not to mention his home was dangerously close to the rebel strong-hold, if they were to find out a legion Animagi was this close they would have no problems attacking his home and killing him without remorse after torturing him. If they couldn’t find him then his family would do for the torture.

“Father, I believe what I am doing is in the right. Is it not for the greater good?!” Cage yelled with tears in his eyes, the emotions began boiling inside of him, he felt the temperature begin to drop and the candles began to dwindle under the large amount of cold he was beginning to generate. It was then his father began to strike him.

“FOR WHO CAGE?!?! YOU?! YOUR FAMILY?! OR THE BLOODY LEGION?!?!” The beating continued until Cage snapped all of his anger built up to the point where he couldn’t control it anymore. His whales of pain turned into howls, and Cage began to transform. His hands grew into the paws of a wolf, he felt his blood freeze as his body turned into its form of a giant white wolf, and attack his father. As Cage’s muzzle and fangs went for his father’s throat for the final blow, Cage awoke from his dream and sat up in his bed screaming holding his face, sweat dripping from his brow.

“It was just a dream, it’s all over now. It’s over, he is gone… You have to keep pushing on to give up now would bring shame to your family, and your father's name. You must honor your choice it is the last gift you can truly give to your father knowing that his son is not a quitter...”

12. SocksFox

Mimi: Reflections

Finally freed of battle grime, Mimi heaved a sigh of relief and carefully stowed the last of her merge possessions in her rucsac. She knew she had to return to Narwhal to recover her grandfather's surviving work on the Artefacts. She owed it to him to at least try and after what Joel had said about the Leviathan, there was no stilling her curiosity.

She didn't believe in blind chance. Everything happened for a reason and Silvers had landed squarely in her path. True she would miss the camaraderie of Joel and his crew, but she had so many unanswered questions and the sea's voice was a constant whisper in her mind.

Peering out the porthole, she glimpsed the outline of Captain Benn's ship. Her smile was decidedly wry. Can't forget about the Legion Captain or that Animagi. All that remained was finding a way of slipping past their escort.

13. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Benn
    It was morning and they had reached Little Rock. Joel was already unloading the cargo onto the dock as Benn docked. As each crate was placed down it would be picked up again by members of another crew and loaded onto a different boat. On the second ship a small fat man stood overseeing the transfer.

So there you are.

Benn wondered if this was the person responsible for the theft or just another transporter. Now he had a second person to follow, this was getting on his nerves. The fat captains ship started to leave and Benn barked at his crew to cast off after them. If he was going to catch the culprit then they couldn't afford to lose them.

It must be rebels doing this, who else would steal Legion weapons?

The ship of captain fat as Benn had come to refer to him docked at a southern floatilla. Benn had only stopped here once or twice. It was of average size with nothing notable. He didn't follow them into the dock, instead he waited outside watching through a telescope. The boxes were unloaded and a man dressed in red approached captain fat.

Robin, so it was the rebels doing.

Benn called for Cage realising a wipe would be called for when this got out.

"Cage how fast can you travel over water? I need to you to get M as fast as you can and tell him we have Robins location."

14. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum`

"Cage how fast can you travel over water? I need to you to get M as fast as you can and tell him we have Robins location."

Cage turned and looked over his shoulder back at Benn with a icy smile and growled with excitement. "Fast enough, but that will leave you short an Animagi should you run into any unforseen dangers please stay safe until I return my Captain... I shall return to the ship as fast as my legs will carry me three days maximum." Cage knew his wolf form could carry him faster on land but not through the water he would make more time running on the ice under his feet. He also knew that when he got back to Iron City he would have to find M and quickly hopefully he would still be at the docks where they had last met and he could relay the news to M.

Cage let loose a mighty howl and jumped overboard freezing the water just as his feet touched and began running back towards Iron City as fast as his legs could take him. His previous training made it so he could ignore any pain he endured and keep pushing himself to move even faster then before.

It was now midday and Cage had already made it back to the site where the Kraken had been defeated, he knew he would make it to Iron City early in the morning next day, he continued running throughout the night exhausted but still running keeping at the same pace he started with, pausing only a short while every league to catch his breath, just before sunrise the next day Cage had landed on the shores of Iron City, he had three things on his mind, food, sleep, and finding and informing M of the situation.

First on the agenda was to find M food and sleep could come later....

15. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Joel / Silvers
    Finished unloading the ship Joel sat down to rest on a crate. Silvers came down the gang plank as he was taking a drink. He had a sense of urgency about him.

"We need to check the lodestone remember?" And then a bit louder, "Follow me Joel."

Joel got up doing as he was asked and they started up the hill. Silvers seemed to be walking at a deliberately slow pace. Was someone following them? Did he want someone to follow them? Joel remembered Mimi, mabye Silvers was giving her instructions if she wanted to find them.

16. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Wing

Wing shivered as she walked through the streets of Little rock. She made sure to move slowly and used a stick to know where she walked. She had no problems knowing where to tread but her secret allegiance was her most important possession. She kept muttering excuses as she bumped into random strangers. Her black hairband sat tightly over her eyes, hiding her other secret. It had been many years but the memories remained, like they had since the day they were burned into her young brain. She still woke up at night screaming and covered in cold sweat. Her heart would race at a breathtaking speed, until she calmed herself. The dreams had bothered her every night. At the start she had assured herself that they would disappear with time, she was so wrong. They persisted, each night the same terrible nightmare. The same fear and pain.

It had been a while since the last order from the higher-ups. Her boring life at Little rock tested her patience. Nothing ever happened here. She had found a nice cave to refine her skills but there were limits too how much training she could do in such a place. Everybody still thought of her as a blind, neutral and poor girl. Hardly seen, quickly forgotten. She arrived at her destination and confronted her victim, a run-mouth merchant. They had this conversation every time she tried to buy food from him. He always offered her work, which she always refused. Then he would use her refusal as a way to rise the price. She would pretend to walk away and he would end up selling his wares to a lower price than the original. She always suspected him to do that out of pity, though she didn't really care. After placing her wares in a basket, she headed home to await further orders. She already knew they wouldn't arrive, so she had bought some ink and paper to keep her busy. Drawing usually kept her mind occupied enough.

17. SocksFox

Mimi: Ashore

"We need to check the lodestone remember?" And then a bit louder, "Follow me Joel."

Mimi heard Silvers' mention of a lodestone and curiosity got the better of her. Securing her rucsac across her shoulder, she sprinted down the gangplank. "What up," She called the men just ahead of her. "Can I come, too?"

Genuine interest shone bright in her dark eyes. "I've heard stories of some of the lodestones, but I've never actually seen one."

Suddenly a chill chased up and down her spine; it felt as if they were being watched. In an effort to dispel her unease, she grinned. "Besides, you never know when another pair of hands might come in handy."

18. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Wing
    There was a soft knock at the door as Wing was drawing. She got up an answered it to a soft voiced man.

"Greetings Wing, I have instructions for you."

Wing didn't move back, the man didn't try to move forwards. They just stood in the doorway. Wing readied a knife behind her back just incase he wasn't friendly.

"South-east of here is Smult's floatilla. It's where Robin has been staying for the last few weeks. Recently we recieved word that the Legion knew of his location and were heading there to take him out. I need you to go and warn him. There is a ship in the harbour at the moment, just look for the fact captain and pay him for passage."

The man took Wing's hand and placed a small sack of coins into it. He left before Wing could say anything back.

Joel / Silvers
    "Besides, you never know when another pair of hands might come in handy." Mimi said catching them up. Joel smiled to himself, clever old Silvers. Silvers lead them up past the houses towards a house larger than the others. A muscular looking man greeted them at the door.

"Silvers, what are you doing here?" He said beaming. Silvers pulled him into a hug.

"Hello Branstorn I wish I were here on happier terms but we have an issue." Branstorn's face lost its beam as he pulled them inside and shut the door. Silvers continued once he was sat down. "Joel you've met and the this young lady is Mimi." Mimi gave a small nod as Branstorn looked her up and down.

"They saved me from a kraken attack on the Little Rock to One hill island lane."

Branstorn almost recoiled at this. The lane was only 3 days out from Little Rock, kraken shouldn't be within a week of it. This wasn't good.

"Are you sure Silvers? It wasn't just a lost young'n or had been forced into the lane?"

"It came up towards us, from underneath. It wasn't wounded and it wasn't young. This was an attack. I was on a class 5 ship and we didn't stand a chance. I need to check the loadstone."

Branstorn nodded and led them through the house and into the garden. In the side of a hill were a set of large double doors that he unlocked and pulled open. The inside was dimly lit by torches. He led them down a small path towards another door at the end.

"So how did you kill the kraken? Joel's ship is only just a class 6, I doubt it would have made much of a difference."

"Class 6 with class 8 guns." Joel said before Silvers could reply.

"We surved thanks to this young lady's animagi abilities, although I ask that you do not tell anyone of her." He said as they climbed into what looked like an old elevator. It was a large wooden cage with ropes to send it up and down and it didn’t look very stable. Branstorn pulled a lever, the lift starting its slow ascent. The bottom of the shaft was even darker, the torches doing little to fend of the shadow. At the end of another tunnel they found a large room carved out of the rock. Its roof was dome-like and reached high above them. The centre was occupied by a rocky plinth, atop of this sat a blue egg. The egg was about the same size as a football and gave off a dull glow. Mimi could hear Silvers make a worried noise under his breath as he saw it.

"It shouldn't be this dim."

Branstorn nodded in agreement, “It hasn’t done this in years and it’s not due a charge for another 5.”

“Well it’s going to need to be charged early, are there any animagi present on little rock?” Silvers said. Branstorn shook his head sadly.

“Corven left us 6 days ago, Fin left us 5 days ago and Robin isn’t due for 8, assuming he’s coming straight here.”

"We'll have to wait for Robin then, it might be an idea to tell people to avoid the lane aswell. For now we need to give it a boost." He turned to Mimi, "Place your hands on the egg for a moment."

Mimi did as she was asked and placed one on either side of it. It was smooth and cold to her touch. Moments passed as nothing happend. Then it started to grow brighter, flickering as it gave out more light. When it settled it was nearly as bright as the torches around them.

"That will hold it for now. Let us return to the house for some rest. In the morning we can talk about the rebels." He said directing his gaze towards Mimi.

19. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

Cage was still to far from the docks to reach M in a quicker time then needed.

"Guess there is no point in avoiding it any longer..." He slipped behind a building and disrobed and wrapped all of his belongings into his azure cloak and tied it around his neck. Cage let out a triumphant howl as he began to transform into a giant white wolf, and immediately began charging through the middle of Iron City towards the docks. As guards and people saw him charge through the city he began to draw quite a crowd of followers as he made his way to the docks. Finally he had reached the docks in a faster time then even he had assumed. Now the trick was to find M's scent while still in his animal form, surely it wouldn't be to hard to find someone whose blood ran as hot as his. Cage let out a mighty howl as he finally had found the scent of M who was on a ship not far from his present placing. Cage ran as fast as he could and upon reaching the ship he jumped aboard landing directly in front of M and sat down panting out of breath from his journey.

20. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

Wing shrugged as the man walked away. She closed the door, a smile on her lips. She quickly sanded her drawing and packed just the most necessarily things, before heading to the dock. Once there she had no problem finding the fat captain. She payed for the ride and entered the ship. Finally something was happening here. It had been a long time since she had fared by sea, she loved how the wind played with her hair as the boat moved along. The ride wasn't too long and they arrived at their destination, Robins hideout. The wares was unloaded and she could hear someone approaching. The fat captain muttered something resembling Follow me. She quietly obeyed. They stopped by the man and Wing imideately recognized him as Robin. "Robin is it? I need to talk with you."

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

M
    M watched as the ice pup flopped down on deck infront of him. For Cage's sake M hoped he had a real good reason. After a moment of panting the wolf started to shrink back into a naked Cage. He stood as M threw a blanket over him.

"Learn to change with your clothes you idiot, now what do you want?"

"Benn...found Robin...at Smults floatilla...requests you for wipe." Cage said out of breath. M's face practically lit up. Immediately he started barking orders, moving towards the gankplank.

"I want 2 ships at Smults floatilla yesturday, you got that?" He said pointing at Cage, "You come with me."

He lead Cage off of the ship and back towards the centre of the dock. At the end of a pier was a small ship with wheel like paddels. M climbed a board, Cage following. With Cage sat at the front of the ship M stood with his feet infront of a large pipe. There was a flicker before his feet burst into flame, the heat flowing down the pipe and powering the wheels. The ship leapt away from the dock. It was a faster than any ship Cage had been on, it was even faster than his running, at this speed they would be able to make the floatilla in a day.

Robin
    "Robin is it? I need to talk with you." Someone said from behind him. Robin turned to see what appeared to be a young blind girl. Her face looked like what ever she had to say was important.

"Very well, come this way." He said. He led her away from the ship into the floatilla stopping at a small hut. Guiding her inside he shut the door. The hut had seats and wasn't near anything important so if she was untrustworthy then he could deal with her safely.

"So what do you want to tell me?"

"The legion are comming to take you out. They could arrive at any moment."

"How can you know this?"

"I was instructed to come and tell you by another rebel."

"Did you see who?" Robin said before realising his error. Wing smiled.

"No. But please you must leave."

"I don't understand wh-" Robin froze, "He's here." He said panic seeping into his voice.

"Who's her-" Wing was cut short as the hut exploded around them. She was thrown away along a pier, Robin only getting knocked back a few feet as he braced.

"Greetings Robin." M laughed. One of his hands was covered in magma the heat charring nearby surfaces. He threw a fire ball as Robin dropped to his knees. Robin slammed his hands down and the wood of the floor grew up into a wall. It did little to stop the attack though. The fire ball breaking straight through it and setting fire to a house.

"Cage get the girl, she's an acomplice to him. We can't let her go unpunished."

22. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

"Cage get the girl, she's an accomplice to him. We can't let her go unpunished."

Wing was quickly back on her feet. She focused and found the location of the enemy. With a vipers speed and precision she threw a dagger. The dagger weren't aimed at the helper though, it flew straight towards the lead legion. She would offer her life if it helped Robin get away. Then she moved to position herself behind the helper, he was now between her and the leader. A string of curses ran through her head, not only did they get caught by surprise but now the enemy knew of her speed and precision. Focusing on the youngest, she sized up her opponent. Only hesitating a moment before using the sign language she'd learned early on in the rebel business, she made sure Robin could see her hands. Find a way to flee. She knew she would be in trouble if he fled but he was way too important, she would also have trouble seeing any signs he formed. With her responsibilities out of the way, a smile formed on her face. She might be doomed and outnumbered but this was what she wanted from the start. Finally something exciting happened to her. She knew they wouldn't get her to talk, she had already experienced pain beyond imagination.
    The only thing left to do was fighting. Though she knew that if the chance appeared and Robin was safe, she would run.

23. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

"Cage get the girl, she's an accomplice to him. We can't let her go unpunished."

Cage let out a growl as he drew is blade. “She shall be dealt with…” Began freezing the ground around him and raised his sword in the air as he charged at the woman, his azure cloak fell to the ground behind him; unhitched from him to allow for faster speed as it was still weighted down by sea water. He began forming ice around the edge of his edge of his black jeweled blade; he began to furiously slashing his sword in the air towards the woman flinging shards of ice around the woman making it impossible to escape the oncoming fight.

24. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

Wing

The big man charged. She could feel the cold as he started using his ice magic. Wing smiled, she could feel the cold ice shards as they approached. If she didn't give her all in this fight, she'd be toast. "Who is your master animagi?" She had to know who he was, had to know who Robin was fighting. She crushed the ice shard closest to her and did the unexpected. She grabbed her headband and pulled it off, showing a scar across both her eyes. "Was he the one to inflict this scar? Was he the one to kill my father mercilessly?" The headband was quickly back in place as she prepared to attack head on. At the last minute she turned on her heal and dodged under his arm. Her speed was superior to his. From the way he moved she understood his strength. She had to avoid getting hit by that blade of his. She pulled out her knuckle bracers and punched at his back as he passed. Then she realized her mistake, the ground was covered with a thin sheet of ice. She retreated back to safer ground, loosing her chance to hurt him bad. "Do you even know who you're working for?" Her main weapon was words. If she could get him to understand, she would have a better chance at survival. Her only problem was that she hated to talk to others.

25. ZarisRedmist

ZarisRedmist New Member

Cage Lupum

"Who is your master animagi?"

Cage had already closed a great gap between the two of them mere yards were all that remained; still being sure to continue to freeze the ground as he approached his opponent.

Cage let out a bloodcurdling roar as he swung his blade in the direction of the woman creating more and more ice. “My master is a master of water, Master Animagi in the eyes of the Legion, Master Korthos Aquachain!”

"Was he the one to inflict this scar? Was he the one to kill my father mercilessly?" The woman removed her band for half a second and quickly slid it back on just long enough for Cage to notice he was dealing with a blind fighter. This was enough of a shock to make him hesitate for about a split second allowing his opponent to duck under his arm and strike him in the back as he passed. She slipped slightly on the ice beneath her and retreated to ground that was untainted by his ice.

She has speed on her side that’s for sure… but I have my ways to take that out of the equation…

Cage turned on a dime and resumed charging the woman as he charged he roared once more, drawing his second blade he began to swing one at the ground beneath the blind woman he was facing and the other was focused on her legs if he could freeze one or both that would slow her down enough for him to get a blow in that would end the battle.

“I do not know of a man that caused your injury but I do know for that punch you shall pay!” Finally one of the ice blasts hit her it was the ankle but it would be enough to slow her until it melted.

"Do you even know who you're working for?" She said as the gap closed once more between them.

“My allegiance is with the Legion that is who I work for! NOW FIGHT!” Cage growled coldly as his blade just sliced through the belly of her shirt barely cutting her skin. He was impressed she was still able to dodge the brunt of his attack, although now the only thing on Cage’s mind now was to have his blade get a taste of her blood on its razor edge.