1. fighter25

fighter25 Member

Delivered or Mailed by...

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by fighter25, Sep 8, 2010.

Hey guys! I've got a question. I'm thinking about submitting one of my one-acts to a play festival in Toronto. Now on the website it says the deadline is September 10th. Verbatim it says: "Deliver or mail 4 copies of your script or proposal to Alumnae Theatre by September 10, 2010 at 5 pm." Now does this mean it should be postmarked by September 10 or does it mean they want it in their hands by September 10th? Thanks guys! :)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If they don't specify, assume the worst case, that they will not consider anything received after that date.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i agree... and you should be asking them, not us...

4. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

Assuming you have it written by now... *checks date* if I were you I'd be legging it up there to hand it in to them in person to make sure it gets there. :p

5. Elvis

Elvis New Member

I think it means that it must be postmarked by that date but that if you're going to hand-deliver it to them, you must do so by that date. To be safe, however, I would mail it a few days in advance, if possible, to ensure that it gets to them by that date.