Discussing Asili

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Love to Write, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

I understand that you think its only reflexes and that makes it ok, but to my understanding these threads rules state that one cannot write about anothers char without first discussing it. I would have been fine if you had mentioned it to me so I could give you a quick line on how my char would have responded then yuo could have put that in.

Plus I thought half the fun and skill of these forums was to write only yours and see how others reacted to them... That is how I understand things, I may be wrong so opinions please on this matter..

2. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

No you are right the rules are so, however sticking to that rule completely makes any interaction between characters laborious in my opinion. I generally don't mind too much if people use my char for reactions to make the writing better as long as they don't make the char speak in opposition to their personality. When it comes to other chars needing to talk or actions more serious then recognizing my char i will pm.

However if you would rather i avoid this with your char i will keep it in mind when interacting with your character and i applogise for the previous control. Personally i find the fun and skill of this forum is more based on writing a believable and solid character, and devoloping the ability to write in a world that is not of your control.

3. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Yes i guess you are right! I can see your point in this matter. I will bare all this in mind! I apologize if i have offended. Not my intention!

4. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Keep in mind that different people will have different opinions about small interaction control. You may not mind if someone controls your character in slight ways, but other people might. And as it's often said, it's better safe than sorry. Although you're right about it getting laborious, it's better having to go through the little extra work and keeping it by the rules, than cutting some slack, and then getting into a conflict with another player later. There's also the case where something one might think is "small and insignificant", might not be so to another person.

Anyways, that's my take on the situation. I think I might wait until a few more things happen before introducing Dr. Fox.

5. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

no youve not insulted me at all dont worry about it XD.

6. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

:) Way to work things out without to much conflict. I commend you all for being very mature.

7. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Name: Kyra Shade

Appearance: Around 5’6 with a nice, curvy figure. Has long, wavy blonde hair with pink streaks mixed in. Bright blue eyes, and tan skin free of wrinkles or any imperfections, due to the amount of botox she had done. Her high cheekbones are her favorite feature, a long with her lips, surgically injected a permanent red. She wears the only outfit she owns--a creamy white turtleneck (now more of a gray), pink temp-vest cinched around her waist with a belt, and beige pants. Was able to snag some old brown men boots, to replace her broken heels. Even though they’re a bit big, she has them laced tightly around her ankles.

Personality: Kyra is a woman who adjusts quickly to her circumstances. Being poor and living in poverty at a girls’ home until she was 11, her life changed when she was adopted by an elderly couple who provided her with more than one girl should have. Her “grand-parents” both died after she turned 18, therefore leaving her with a hefty fortune. She used a large sum of it to go to hair-school and start up her own hair salon. The rest she used to make herself look the part. Since the bombings, she was forced back into her former life. Kyra is selfish, choosing only what will benefit her, and bring her closer to the life she used to live. Observant and cunning, yet uses her exotic appearance as a tool, fooling ones into thinking she doesn’t know a thing about survival.

Profession: Hairdresser

Supplies: Her Iphone 52 (named Gigi). It features many interesting apps and features that include her clients information (most now dead), holographic camera, laser scanner that retrieves info on life forms, hologram GPS, and with the sound of her voice she can research anything she needs to know. It runs on a solar powered battery. Although, with no power lines the phone portion doesn’t work, the other features work by satellite. She also carries a designer leather messenger bag that holds the few belongings she had on her last day of work: hairbrush, clippers, compact mirror, hair ties, a bottle of mascara, lotion, hand-sanitizer, nail filer, sunglasses, water bottle, migraine pills, several kinds of chewing gum, and a wallet with $300--the only money she has left. Knowing she needed a weapon better than her clippers, Kyra decided to steal a bowie knife from a previous caravan, which she keeps in a hidden pocket of her bag.
    ------------

Can't wait to join the fun again, should be...interesting! ;)

8. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

@jesswrite: ur char sounds great and we could really have some fun with our chars. explore some romance??? ;)

9. JessWrite

@Amelyn Haha, thanks! I'd love our characters to meet up sometime, that would be hilarious. Kyra would definitely give him a show. ;)

10. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Will the story be fast-forwarding through the night, or will things be happening at night time?

Just need to know when the best time to jump in is.

11. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

@LTW, like Cheddar said what is going to happen next? Would be good to know so I know what to write towards :)

Also my next post is up!

12. Love to Write

I was thinking a mutated animal attack would happen early in the morning. So yeah. I'll do a fastforward through the night with the colonel.

13. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Alright, I was approved via pm. I have given anyone a cue to find me, they will have a nice new recruit to their caravan. Sorry about my phrasing with the paragraphs, I'll try to fix that for the next post. Writingforums squished my paragraphs together and deleted my indents... I will find something to change that next post.

14. Love to Write

@ Snowman: You are going tohave to either, find your own way out of the building or ait until we arrive in the approximate area. Which might take a while.

@everyone else: You have one day to p.m. to say that you want to post something before the next day. After that, I'll do a post to fast forward us through the night and get us to the unpleasant wakeup call.

15. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

My character is lockeed in, if he gets a shortage of food, I'll try to get him out. Otherwise, he can manage until someone gets in the vicinity.

16. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Where exactly is your character Snowman?

17. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

My Apologies

Oh, I apologize. I forgot to post his bio, here you go.

Name: Makari Shleckno

Appearance: Crazy-eyed Makari, a rugged Russian, has a face that you would expect to see taunting you on your death bed. With his green eyes wild, his semi-muscular build, and his burgundy suit jacket, he is prepared for survival. Shleckno’s height is an average 5’ 9”, although even when looking down at him, you feel small… like an ant. You can tell easily that Makari has punched out a few men by his scarred knuckles and the stitch marks on the left side of his mouth. Makari’s skin has darkened from years over years of outdoor work, personal work.

Personality: Makari always seems like he knows something that you don’t, even if he doesn’t. He seems menacing to those that don’t know him. Those who know him either wish they didn’t, or are quite happy they did. It’s been said that Shleckno can hold his liquor and makes a great drinking partner, if you stay loyal to him. Once drunk, Makari is known to be a wise-cracking pal, always able to crack a smile. Makari has been different ever since the bombings though. He seems to be traumatized, his emotions seeming hyperactive. One moment Makari will be joyous, lighting up the town with his smile; the next moment, well, that’s not a great moment…

Profession: Makari claims he was just an entrepreneur for a small new business, but that is hard to believe.

Supplies: Makari always carries with him a few scavenged boxes of food, (it doesn’t matter what kind of food) a TKB-506, a gas mask, a few smoke grenades, a few frag grenades, plastic bags, and whatever else he manages to scavenge. Not bad for an “entrepreneur” eh?

18. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Also, does anyone have a walkie-talkie? I'm not sure if there was any EMP activity or what-not, but a walkie-talkie could be of use right now.

19. Love to Write

I doubt it. I think the best option would be for your character to blow the lock off with his gun and escape that way. Quickest way to get into the game at least, as everyone is at least 3 miles from the nearest ghost town.

I've got some fun things planned! *rubs hands together mischeviously* Mwhahahahaha! *clears throat* Sorry. Got carried away. *hehehe*
    All that to say...lots of fun! Maybe not for your characters...but for you. :)

20. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Will do. Next entry I will try to find some way through that door.

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

That doesn't answer my question though, where is your character?

22. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

Oh, he's in a bomb shelter. I'm not sure of the exact coordinates. My character got locked in a while back, I think he's a few miles or so away from Garter's caravan.

23. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

I'm out of the bomb shelter, I actually looked up how to make the firecrackers. Simple enough, weaken the door, bust it down. I'm ready to face whatever challenges you throw at me... I guess.. :)

24. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Tag.... your up jess... ;P

25. JessWrite

Damsel in distress...oh the horror! ;)

(Also, LtW sorry for putting your Samantha in the scene, it was an accident between us, but no control was done.)