Discussing Asili

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Love to Write, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

@Jesswrite: No problem. I'm not that protective over my characters. Cept for the colonel.

@everyone else: I was up till 1a.m. this morning playing out a scene that i could throw at you guys. I'm really excited about it. :)

2. Love to Write

After it looks like everyone has posted for the rat scene I'll push us forward to the next great danger (with a villian!). It's gonna be so much fun!!!
    "He hehe hehe." ~ The Cleanser

3. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

My next post is up :)

4. Love to Write

Wowz! That was a very insightfull look into Sophie's heart.

5. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

so i am guessing that the claws really are that contagious... thats cool with me but how is that gonna affect Jack, who has been ripping th rats appart and no doubt getting scratched in the process...???

6. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Dawww i had another plan for the rats poison ahh well

7. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Is there someone else in lake michigan now? I think Bee might have to take a look, or Teddy.

8. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

You probably can go with your idea too... thing is no one actually really knows what it does yet coz we havent been told yet. we ran with the poison thing coz it was mentioned but i guess it could be anything... we need to ask loves to write...

@loves to write... so the claws and poison thing... what do we need to know about it??

9. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

This is a bit off topic, can I change the narration view from first to third for my next post? Maybe switch around depending on what is going on? By the way, that was a beautiful post fox.

10. Love to Write

@Snow: Sure you can change ur narration. Just try and keep it consistent. Don't do first and third in one post. That would make it awkward to read.

@everyone else: You can do what you want the poisionous claws. I'm thinking it's not contagious and it can affect each person differently depending on their chemical makeup. So for Sophie's victim, it caused her to bleed. For the dog, it could just cause temporary paralisis. For another person, it could cause major burning and scarring but not death. There is no end to possibilities in this futuristic/radiated world. :)

Is there anyone else who hasn't gotten a chance to post yet?

@MrMr: I'm planning on sending out a short scouting party. They could stumble in on Bee if you want.
    @Amelyn: Would be comfortable leading the scouting party. I can tell you what you will find and you can help bring Bee in...If MrMr so wishes.

11. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

@loves to write... i could lead the scouting party but as of monday i will be away at sea so I wont be able to post for about 2 weeks. This could however work to my advantage coz it means that Lockie is not needed directly in the story so you guys wouldnt miss him. When I return it could be Lockie returning to camp and making a report... that will however take bee out till then... unless she is found by someone else...

In regards to the dog, I like your point about temp paralysis. I think I will run with that coz lets be honest I dont want to kill Jack off... not yet at least...

12. Fan7asticMrFox

Can I just point out that while Sophie believes the claws to be contagious, they might not be. She doesnt know, she just isn't the type of person to take a risk, regardless of the collateral. So whatever LTW says should be the final say.

Also thanks snow, I really enjoyed writing that post :)

Edit: also thanks Jess for the kind words on the post and the reputation comment. No idea what it does but thank you! :)

13. Love to Write

I wasn't planning on the scout out being more than two or three posts long. Real quick out and back. Just so you guys understand why you were attacked and gives us a reason to move out and run into my next little challenge. Bwahahaha!!!!
    Amelyn, I'll send you a message real quick so you can write ur post and if the party doesn't get back before you leave I'll just grab ur character and bring him back. If that's ok.

14. Fan7asticMrFox

Considering Amelyn is leaving for a little while, could Lockie perhaps be sent out scouting on his own to find new life, or something. That way while we deal with your little challenge, by the time we have finished Amelyn will be back to bring something else our way? It's only a suggestion, but it means you can add even more plot twists to our story! :)

15. Love to Write

Interesting idea. It would also be just as easy for Lockie to be pulled along in the group. I don't think that garter would suggest him going off by himself. Lockie would have to think of a good enough reason why he would want to go scout ahead by himself.
    But interesting idea.

Has anyone thought of any other senarios they would like me to throw at them after my next challenge?

16. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Is food not an issue? How well stocked are the caravans? Then theres also the challenge of meeting Bee/Teddy :p

A weather based problem? if they're in desert a sandstorm would cause havok.

17. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

I like the idea of Lockie heading off to 'scout' but I would use characters made up not other ppl's characters. then he wouldnt be going himself... Maybe sophie comes up with something to help Jack and so Lockie has to go looking for a plant of something to help with the paralysis caused by the rats. Just a thought. Tho Jack would have to stay with the group or something..!!???
    Thought?!

But yer I would prefer to have something that will take Lockie away from the main story while I am gone. I understand Garter will not be to happy about that tho...

18. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

@Fox No prob, you deserved it. ;) (Also, see the little green bar under your username? If you get enough rep points, you get another green bar. You can give rep by clicking the little star next to 'blog this post'. It looks like a sheriff badge.)

@Amelyn I hope giving Lockie some animal info via Kyra's phone can help with your "retrieving a plant" plan, or whatever you would like. Feel free to play around with it if you want, or just use that as a opening to leave. I hope you have a great time at sea, that sounds so much fun!

@Everyone else Kyra's going to be hard to deal with sometimes, so I apologize for her in advance. :p

19. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

See you all in a few weeks. Look after Jack lol...

20. Love to Write

Sandstorm is an interesting idea. I need a way to get you all interacting...as my characters seems to be the only common factor at moment. I think I'm going to have Garter move the caravan while Lockie is away and make another camp before my next challenge. At that next camp Garter will have groups of people go out into the remants of the nearby city they camped by to restock on supplies. That way you guys have a chance to interact and get to know eachother before our next big thing. :)
    Which I'm really, really excited about.

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

So whos going to be running into Bee?

22. Love to Write

You could run into one of the scouting groups that will go for supplies in the ruins of the city. Or bump into the leftover people in the camp...tho the Colonel will likely be the only non-npc left in the camp. I think you will have to choose which group to join when you guys seperate. Also I suggest messaging eachother and finding out who is going to be in whose group. 3-5 people per group should be good. Depending on the amount of writers.

23. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I'm confused, Bee is at lake michigan. I though the party was going there?

24. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Aren't we nearby the lake? I thought we started the story meeting there with the caravans.

If no one else does, Kyra could stumble on Bee (again). She's not going to be much help with the search party anyway.

25. Love to Write

Well, in my mind I saw the city really close to the lake. Almost like a port city. There will be a carnival in the distance. So Bee could be in the woods on the other side of the city. In a designated wilderness preservation site.
    Does that sound fine?