Discussing Ominous Minds.

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Kingtype, May 6, 2013.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Does this work?

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

@Asune: Yes...yes it does.

JessWrite likes this.
  3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

So... I just got back from the emergency room... apparently while I was at class today, my dad lit himself on fire trying to burn some brush, and now has 2nd degree burns on his arms and hands, and is being transferred to Loyola University Hospital Burn center, which is in Chicago because the hospitals out here here aren't equipped to deal with burns...

4. Kingtype

@Phoenix: Oh dear I'm sorry to here that. Is he okay....for his condition?

JessWrite likes this.
  5. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

ouch...well at least he lived, too many do not. My prayers go out to him.

6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

The Rest of the Stanfield Family

Very excited! :D

----

Name: Stella Stanfield

Bio: Born for the limelight, Stella has made her way to the top. Acting, dancing, singing…she can do them all. When she was younger she was in plays and talent shows, but now with her new debut, her face has been seen on every screen in America. California soon became her second home and she has lived there alone for a year. Although not always present, her family has been extremely supportive of her success, most of all her father who gave money for her expenses. Overall she has a loving relationship with her siblings, but while being distant in their lives, she’s not current on family matters. Receiving the message of her father’s death nearly took the breath out of her.

Personality: Stella is not afraid to be spontaneous and loves to take risks. Her spunky and at times overbearing attitude can be a turn-off for some, but she pays no attention. Entertainment is her goal in life and she vows to do just that. She's in love with all things dramatic, including her fashion choices. She also has an annoying habit of going in and out of character or bursting into random song, usually convincing others to sing with her. Stella has a heart for strangers and wishes to bring a smile to all she meets.

Appearance: Like her twin brother, Stella has brown hair, but hers has a beautiful sheen to it. Styled in a bob, curls frame her flawless white skin. Her sapphire blue eyes are enhanced by make-up and she never goes a day without red lipstick. Standing at a mere 5 feet, she wears heels religiously. Having an audience means that she must always look the part, so she flaunts glamorous gowns fit for a night on Broadway, no matter the occasion.

Other: Stella has gone through a few relationships, but much to her mother's dismay, isn't at all ready to settle down.

Relationship to the Stanfield Family: Oldest daughter and twin sister to David

-----

Name: Ruth Ann Stanfield (Ruthie)

Bio: Being the baby of the family, "no" has never been in Ruthie's vocabulary. Anything she wants she gets, and has been spoiled without relief for her full sixteen years of life. Schoolwork is all she's expected to do and even then she's privately tutored. Ruthie has few real friends; most of her time is spent playing on her bot and chatting with other teens on an Equestrian forum.

Personality: Ruthie is shy and can't strike up a conversation well with people, besides her family. Her brother David seems to understand her lack of social skill. She looks up to him greatly as he made the one thing that holds all her real friends inside of it. Her other siblings she has a secret envy for since they aren't stuck at home. While she did have a good relationship, Ruthie has a newly formed bitterness towards Stella. After three bot-mails, she never wrote her back.
    Ruthie also has a love for animals, specifically horses. Her parents would buy her one, but she refused since she knew horses like wide open fields. Once she graduates, she plans to move to the country and start her own boarding house for horses. For now, she fills up on knowledge.

Appearance: Ruthie looks different than any of her siblings, with long golden blonde hair. Her eyes match her sisters, a sharp blue and a splash of freckles dot her nose. She stands at 5'5 and is built bigger than her sister, with a curvier figure. She's an attractive girl, but has yet to find a beau who fits her boxed criteria. Her fashion changes with the trends, but she prefers dresses with belts and collars.

Other: She hates, hates, HATES...bugs. Anything that crawls creeps her out to no end.

Relationship to the Stanfield family: Youngest daughter

-----

Name: Lester Stanfield

Bio: Oldest of the Stanfield children, Lester knows how to do things the right way. Because of course, he's always right. Following in his father's footsteps he went to Harvard Business after highschool. In his spare time he racked up the big bucks in the stock market. Wall-street soared and so did he, but Lester didn't want other banks to hold his earnings. No matter how perfect they worked for others, he needed his own. And that's how the Stanfield City Bank was born. In a years time, it became the #1 top leading bank in Chicago, leaving many other banks to go out of business with lack of customers.

Personality: Lester believes he makes his own success. With every breath he preaches independence. No one can tell him what to do, but who would dare? He runs his life and is constantly rewarded for his own choices. Luck? Maybe, but he knows he deserves it. He is a man of ingenuity, seeking the now, not later. He lives by his motto, "Win today or lose opportunity tomorrow."
    Lester doesn't get along with his siblings well considering their finite thinking. But still he makes annual visits to keep record on how much money they've brought in. He is quick to offer his opinion on all matters, financial or not.

Appearance: Lester acquired many traits from his father, including his tall stature. Standing a full 6'1, he towers over the rest of his family. His hair is a dark brown like David's, but more close-cut and he has a cropped beard. His eyes are a warm brown and tend to reveal more emotion than he would like. Daily he wears a sleek black business suit with black tie and a fedora with a pheasant feather sticking out the side.

Other: Lester is in a serious romantic relationship, but due to his working schedule, he hasn't found the time to pop the question.

Relationship to the Stanfield family: Oldest son

-----

Name: Flora Stanfield

Bio: Married right out of highschool, Flora couldn’t wait to share her life with the man of her dreams. His family had money…lots of it. Growing up in her own family, she never got what she really wanted, everything was chosen for her. But for her 29 years of marriage, she got everything she wanted in double, including her second pregnancy. She has a good enough relationship with her children and can’t complain, as they’re each successful.

Personality: Flora loves to prick and prod into people’s lives, comparing each to her own. It’s no lie that she knows more than the media; in fact she’s probably better. Her heart beats for gossip and she’s proud to be the first to know all happenings in the city. She could tell you who got a raise, who got a haircut, who’s getting married or expecting. Of course, she knows the juicy sleazy news as well, but politely remains tight-lipped on the facts. She’s extremely social and has many friends, most who attend her monthly Garden Club.

Appearance: Flora has aged gracefully, but chooses to cover up any and all imperfections. Her graying brown hair is dyed a deep auburn and her crows-feet she lathers in make-up. She’s a woman of good-taste and easily shows off her wealth with her gaudy fashion sense. She loves long, flowy dresses and sparkly accessories, specifically diamonds. She will absolutely never be seen in public without a hat.

Relationship to the Stanfield family: Wife of Richard Stanfield

7. JessWrite

@Pheonix Oh my...I'll be praying for your dad and family. Please keep us informed!

8. Pheonix

Yeah, he's gonna be okay. He's just in a lot of pain. The Burn Center they're taking him to is one of the best in the country, so I'm sure they'll take care of him.

Oh, but get this. My parents got the ER, and my mom told the guy behind the desk that my dad had lit himself on fire, and he put in the report that he had 'sunburn,' so they let him sit there, with second degree burns, for like 20 minutes because this dumb shit of a receptionist put the wrong thing in the report. Made me want the beat the shit out of someone.

@Ex, Jess

Thanks, I appreciate that

9. Kingtype

@Phoenix: That receptionist thing is gonna be a very funny story to tell to somebody someday.

JessWrite likes this.
  10. Pheonix

I agree... but right now, I want to find him, and murder him... (not really lol. More like scream at for a few minutes till he realizes how worthless of a human being he is.) It's just a good thing he was gone by the time I got there.

11. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

@Pheonix: Glad he's gonna be okay...My brother singed off his eyebrows and arm hair with a potato gun once...

12. Kingtype

What the heck sort of potato gun can do that?

JessWrite likes this.
  13. Pheonix

Thanks! I've done that before lol, lit my sleeve on fire once... I used to be kind of a pyro. I should have ended up being burned a couple of times, but I never though it would be my dad that would... he always taught me to be so careful with fire. Stuff happens sometimes and it's just like, the universe has got have one twisted sense of irony...

14. SocksFox

A mismanaged one...Something to do with the hairspray propellant...It's my brother, I've learned not to ask, while thinking...How the heck...?!

15. SocksFox

Piper Rhodes and Teddy Dentin

Name: Piper Rhodes

Bio: The only child of doting, upper middle class parents, her father a professor at the University, her mother a housewife, Piper hasn't wanted for much in life. Fresh out of college with degrees in English and History, she transplanted from her parents' home in the suburbs to a flat above the bookstore where she works. Independent and inquisitive, she has been addicted to penny press novels and mysteries since she was a child.

She has gained a reputation of being something of an amateur sleuth, solving small mysteries, such as missing bobbles, lost books, or a misplaced pet. She never turns down the chance to lend a hand. Occasionally her desire to help lands her in questionable situations that would been disastrous if she hadn't had Teddy to pull her back out.

Personality: Kind and keen witted, Piper inspires confidence of others, as well as their respect. She is usually the first to take action on a plan, when others tend to hesitate. She is a leader, but tends to be a bit more subtle in her methods. She works well with people and is fascinated by their very nature. By contrast, she tends to remain quiet about her own thoughts and emotions. No one ever really tries to dig too deeply behind her bubbly facade.

Appearance: Neat, clean and precise as a pin, (think Chanel of Hollywood's golden age), Piper's appearance is vintage 1930's with her short, bobbed dark curls and crisp dresses. Tiny and fine boned, she keeps things simple and elegant, with a seeming second sight as to what works. Her face is delicate and heart-shaped, more interesting and piquant than beautiful, her most notable features being her luminous grey eyes and delicate complexion.

Relationship to the Stanfield family: Piper's mother, Anne, was a Stanfield before she married Alexander Rhodes, against her parents' wishes. Anne's name hasn't been mentioned by the family since. Piper has never heard her mother speak of her family, and has no notion that she is descended from those Stanfields.

Other: Piper's constant companion is a small black and white Papillon named, Widget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Teddy Dentin

Bio: The youngest tenured professor of archaeology in the history of the University, Teddy is as bookish and quiet as Piper is outgoing. Raised directly across the street from Rhodes family, Teddy and Piper established a lasting friendship at an early age. Knowing Piper's propensity to trust a little too willingly, he learned early on how to temper some of her more mad starts with logic.

Personality: Quiet and reserved with a massive intelligence, he appears formidable to strangers, a deception he is careful to project. He has a wry sense of humor and is more prone to laugh at human weaknesses, than to take offense from them. His trust is hard to earn, but once gained there is no truer friend. Protective of those he loves, he doesn't hesitate to do what he must. Like Piper, he has hidden depths that few people have the courage to delve into.

Appearance: Dark hair and brown eyed, with some of the thinness of a man just attaining final maturity, Teddy towers about most crowds, standing well over six feet. Absurdly boyish and appealing on the rare occasions when he smiles, he draws attention wherever he goes. There are those who would say he looms...(Piper...). Broad shouldered with an athletic build at odds with his scholarly pursuits, he does justice to his classic academic attire.

Relationship to the Stanfield family: Friend of Lester Stanfield and Piper Rhodes

16. SocksFox

17. Pheonix

I just wrote up a character sheet, and, while the character I came up with is pretty cool... I think I can do better...

18. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

May I join this? I've been looking to get back into the swing of RPGs.

@Pheonix - sorry about your Dad, I hope he has a swift recovery.

19. Kingtype

Sure you can join.

JessWrite likes this.
  20. Kingtype

Alright everyone who's made a CS, been accepted and posted it on here can now post!

JessWrite likes this.
  21. JessWrite

The more the merrier! :D

This music fits the scene quite nicely:

http://youtu.be/NvHlaZJBPdg

22. Kingtype

@Jess: Why don't you just posted directly on the thread. Right under the Episode 1/Day 1 part.

Also that's a horrifying tune.

JessWrite likes this.
  23. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

I uasually don't make chars for anything not fantasy or sc-fi so my char may take some time to come up with.

24. JessWrite

@King I thought it might clutter the post if I did, but I could do that from now on.

I got lots of creepy tunes stocked up. :D

25. Kingtype

We should post the music just above the intense scenes so people can read it with the music without having to open another tab. Besides I sort of like the idea of it being on the same post :)

JessWrite likes this.