Discussing Paradisus/ The Imperium of Surmarack

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Pheonix, Aug 28, 2012.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

I'm interested on this game, perhaps it could be my first RP on this site

Questions regarding the creation of characters.
    Humans had the most advanced technology no?, so if I were to create a human character. How much is the limit of the properties, that its equipment could have?

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Asune Actually, the Lynxine technology is the most advanced. Human technology is more subtle, and they base things off the dynamics of the Flow. The limits are basically your imagination. Make up a character sheet, send it to me. If it's too much, I'll let you know!

@Exzalia, LtW I love what you guys are doing!

3. lixAxil

Yeah, I know.
    I'll have to do my trick xD

4. Pheonix

@Asune Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

5. lixAxil

Ok, I think I already have an idea of appareance, race, skills, equipment, etc. In other words the structure.
    I'll take a bit of time to develop the background, personality. So I'll PM you the first, you ok with that?

6. Pheonix

Sure! I'm gonna turn in now, and I'm not sure when I'll be on tomorrow, but as soon as I get it i'll let you know!

7. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

It appears that all roads lead to Malief!

8. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Finally got my next post up! I've been having trouble with the boards over the weekend, as it seems the no longer want to display properly in Google Chrome, so I switched over to Firefox for postings.

Cool to see you joining the party, Asune! Hope you've got an interesting character coming with ya.

If all roads lead to Malief, then looking forward to meeting everyone IC.

9. lixAxil

Thanks, I'm currently working on her

10. lixAxil

Character Name: Veeta Dekeyrel

Race/Species: Human

Appearance:
    Female, 170 cm. White skin, Black hair that reaches to her shoulders, She was birth with heterochromia, thus her two eyes are of different colors. The left eye is blue, while the right eye is of an anormal golden color.

Background: She is the daughter of a long time lost family believed to be lost, however in secret some of its descendants still live on this world. Her generations are from even before the planet was decided to be abandoned. It's unknown how she reached to gain a position in the church of Suvos Mactan

Skills/ Special Abilities: Snap: Via snapping, she can twist the boundaries of time itself, however although the number of things that can be done via time manipulation are a large list if not endless, due to her nature as a human, her control of the flow isn't perfect, thus she can at most force the repetition of an event under certain conditions.
    1) She can only repeat events that are something that can be controled by her.
    2) She can only repeat an event that had happened 10 seconds ago.
    3) She cannot abuse of this skill as it generates a large exhaustion on her, she can at most repeat the same event twice after it happened, after that she could do more, yet this would imply that she will have to rest, thus unuseful for battle. However if she doesn't twist the time after doing it once for a while inside the battle she can recover a bit.

Equipment: A "fighting suit", it reduces the damage taken to her body by a 20%, and also help her maintain her corporal temperature into normal levels. Can also recoil certain amount of strenght, allowing her to be able to withstand a jump from large height, or withstood impacts to a certain point.

Weapons: The "Dark Matter": Well is not properly a dark matter, yet due to its appareance it was labeled like that. It's a black shaped plasmatic substance created via technology. It has the propertie to change its molecular structure to solid, liquid, gas, on different ways, for example, it could be either as hard as the hardest metal, or took the structure of a jelly, etc. It's a multifunctional item, able to be morphed into any weapon or shield, and once it has been fragmented it can rejoin the pieces, as well, its original structure is a plasmatic one. The control of this dark matter is done via a device hid inside the body that is connected with the neural system, allowing basically to control the item via thought or movement

Miscellaneous: Personality.... I'll improvise it.

Family/House: Long time extincted

Faction: Suvos Mactan

Goals: Secret

11. Pheonix

Welcome to the game!

12. lixAxil

Thanks.
    Though I won't post until tomorrow very late. I gotta go to university for almost all day

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Currently writing another post - getting a little writers block with Malief, but should have something for you either tonight or tomorrow.

14. Forgotten_Memories

Well Fox, soon everyone will be knocking on Malief's door!

15. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Yea I know lol :) Thats what worries me, I dont want to leave people hanging while I take up time

16. Pheonix

If anyone is in need of some direction, let me know! If anyone has any feedback about the game at all so far i'd like to hear it! I know its a big one, I'm almost afraid that there's to much going on at once. What do you all think?

17. Forgotten_Memories

There is a lot going on, but soon we'll all be brought together in some ways!

18. lachesis77

lachesis77 New Member

So far, so good, I think! Everything seems to be coming along fine and, as Forgotten_Memories said, I'm sure we'll all come together sooner or later.

19. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

I still feel like we're all working our way through the darkness a bit, that is, not everyone is 100% sure what their character is doing yet, but I know you've got a storyline worked out, Pheonix, so everything should resolve into an obvious course soon enough.

I do think we're about at our limit for active players. Any more people and we might start loosing track of what's happening.

20. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Hey Exzalia. You me and MR.Fox need to message eachother with our next post. Wanna go first?

21. Pheonix

:) I was starting to wonder If in the fervor of Exzalia's new RPG everyone had forgotten about Imperium!

22. lixAxil

I'm waiting for it to get more developed, before I start moving Veeta into a more prominent role

23. PolaDora

PolaDora Member

Character Template

Character Name: Galigut
    Race/Species: Duren
    Appearance Huge, imposing, dark skinned. Obligatory scars and war wounds.
    Background: Mercenary that rose to power among mercenaries. Lives off-ring as a warlord pirate, commanding a modest siege force of Duren and stolen ships/technology. Has garnered infamy for being anti-human. Though mostly an off-ring entity, Galigut has recently arrived on the ring to conduct business in secret.
    Skills/ Special Abilities: Resistance to 'flow' that controls thoughts or movements. A surgically grafted third eye connected to surgically implanted brain tissue from a flow user. This third eye and brain have an internal consciousness that resists Galigut's psyche, withholding knowledge from him. Galigut lacks necessary technology or knowledge to dominate the flow-users will and become a user of force. However, the eye "sees" and senses the flow, of which Galigut is also mentally privvy to.
    Equipment: Explosives and explosive launchers mounted on his gauntlets. Anti gravity thrusters in his greaves that can, at most, enable him to leap longer/higher distances and magnetically root themselves to metal.
    Weapons: Wields a large mechanized hammer with the blunt molar of some massive space creature at the business end.
    Faction: Unaligned. Secretely employed by Gibrani.
    Goals: As much conquest as possible. Wants an empire of his own, eternal life, and the fastest ships to carry him to new frontiers. Wants to be a God, doesn't care about consequence.

24. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Exalia has definitely gone hot-off-the-start on the boards here. I declined to join it because using a point system feels restrictive to my idea of written RP, but good to know those involved are all having fun.

I think we just need people to stick around in the slower-paced groove of Imperium. Our posting rates were lower from the start, so as long as we keep the story moving by at least a few a day we shouldn't risk looking (too) quiet.

Loved your intro post, Pola, and welcome to the site too! Nice to have an anarchist in the mix here for when things heat up.

25. Pheonix

Yes, nice job Pola! Like it alot to. And welcome to the game!