Discussing Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

It wouldn't be right for the newbie to get the kill. Sorry Comedy.

2. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Might have Tarl take him out if I can get a post up. Someone else can though, I don't mind.

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Hi everyone, I have returned! I'm happy to be back, but a little tired and sunburnt. :p

Thanks for moving the story along Huskylover. Getting rid of Voldemort quickly would be our best bet, or if we can perhaps distract him enough to let Roxy put him back into the book. (But that sounds too easy...)

I'm wondering if after the kill if we should break into two or more groups. We've been clustered together for a while, and maybe that would help our characters bond better once we get into the city. When Roxy gets the chance to tell you all why you're here, I have a feeling it will be NPC and intro-villain time...

4. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

Woohoooo Welcome back Jess!

I personally hope that Tarl or Elodin do something elaborate to destroy Voldemort! That's why I haven't volunteered to distract him!!!

(Hint Hint to the magic holding wizard guys Elodin and Tarl! OR maybe Roxy could recite a spell that destroys all his horcruxes in one fell swoop and then Elodin or Tarl can magically finish him! (lol, FINISH HIM like Mortal Kombat wooooo!)

5. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

I agree and yet no one has done anything in five days... come on guys lets not kill this one just as it starts getting excited...

@husky: what could we do in the mean time coz clearly neither of our characters can kill voldemort...???

6. JessWrite

Thanks Huskylover! It feels good to be back!

I sadly haven't read Harry Potter either so I don't know everything about Voldemort just what he looks like in the movie. lol Where did you exactly plan him to disappear to? I was thinking of maybe Roxy suggesting that they split up to find him if he could've gotten out of the library. Julian take half, Roxy take half. Although it will look like they are going to a comic-con convention. ;)

If any of you have suggestions as well I'm all ears, let's work together. To kill Voldemort!! (never thought I'd ever say that) I'm anxiously waiting so we can get to Roxy's announcement. Your poor characters are still clueless. :)

7. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Sorry I haven't posted for Tarl I've been busy. I was going to ignore the horcruxes as they would take to long to destroy and just kill voldemort.

8. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Someone who knows how to kill him just go for it. :)

9. JessWrite

Thanks for that opening, Huskylover. Hope this will get us to Voldemort, you all can choose if he's still in the library or not. Not sure if it would be more fun if he was out in the city or not. :)

10. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

No prob. But we really need to write! I'm anxious to get out of the library! LOL

11. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Hey guys I'm new to the forum here's my template. I can tell Magnolia is going to have a very interesting time with all these other characters.

Name: Magnolia

Appearance: Magnolia is around 6'5 which s not that tall where she comes from. she has golden colour eye's, golden hair, and radiant skin. She wears a long and once gorgeous dress that now looks tattered and torn. her stunning beauty is contrasted by scrapes and bruises showing that she has clearly seen better days.

Brief Character History: Magnolia is the exiled queen Fare located on Exzalia in the land of Grove. she was born into a society that valued perfection above all else, Fareians believe that humans can only advance if they some how rid them self of every human flaw. Old age, ugliness, even the slightest blemish is abhorrent to Fareians. Magnolia was born to a noble, she was stunningly beautiful even by Fareian standards and worked her way up even marrying the prince and eventually becoming queen. But this was no happy ending. The palace life bored her, the endless parties did nothing to curve the need for something more.The king pretty much saw her as his trophy and treated her as such and she dearly missed her child hood friend Bell, who was a low class citizen. Her actions began to become in the kings eye's imperfect, not wanting to have his reputation tarnished he punished her imperfections with exile. Now magnolia is lost in the out side world wondering were everything went wrong.

Story Genre: Fantasy

Personality: Magnolia is stunningly beautiful, but beauty is only skin deep. She is not the kind hearted princess we often envision. Magnolia is proud, arrogant, and often looks down on others. the pain of being exiled has left her bitter and resentful, she gets angry easily and has a skewed view of pheasant folk. She dreams of vengeance and is poisoned by hatred and yet, there is some good in her that does poke out time to time, especially when it comes to children.

Powers (if any): All humans on Exzalia can use magic, Magnolia included. She knows light and fire magic and can cause great destruction. But her powers are dependant on eather, a magical substance that while is very common on Exzalia, would be less so on earth. making her magic less powerful.

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): nope just magic.

Miscellaneous info: During her short reign Magnolia was struck with a sudden unexplainable blindness. This was one of the things that cause those around her to call her imperfect and thus, caused her banishment. Clearly the gods do not see her as a suitable queen if they blind her. this is the accepted explanation the nobles used. Magnolia does learn a spell called soul sense that allows her to detect souls around her and to a limited degree, detect her surroundings. But she can't see detail. Yet another cause for her anger.

12. JessWrite

Welcome to the game, Exzalia! Your character sounds so awesome! :)

Also, everyone, I want to apologize for my lack of writing. I've been busy with work and keeping up to date on the other RPGs. I really admire the other Game Masters, they make it look easy! haha But, I'm so ready to get this thing going again! I'm planning on Roxy leading you all out of the library and then towards the nearest train-tracks to get rid of Voldemort. (He severely needs to go...;))

But, first I've introduced a new NPC (and indication of the big bad guy)! Here is his profile...

~~~~~~

Name: Silas Rivera

Appearance: A tall, muscular man standing more than 6 feet. Has a stubbly growing beard, tan complexion, and slick black hair that tends to hang over his haunting hazel eyes. When Silas stares, his eyes seem to bore into you. He rarely smiles, usually only when something stupid happens to someone else. Currently wearing black jeans and a white button down shirt concealed by his black trenchcoat.

Brief Character History: Silas was always considered a “problem child” when he was younger, getting himself into several gangs. Although, keeping a tight track-record, he was able to get into a community college. On a college trip to Salem he was walking the streets at night, when a gun was waved in his face. Has been working for his master ever since, and has now gained the position of Second-in-command.

Personality: Silas has a tongue like a viper, and is good at weaving lies into people’s minds. Smart, cunning, yet conceited and power-hungry. He lives in the hope of collecting the royalties his master has promised him, or overtaking him completely.

Powers (if any): Nothing magical, only the humanpower of swaying speech.

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): Silas carries a loaded handgun in his back pocket.

Miscellaneous info: Is aware of magic in the world and believes it should be used for one's own gain.

~~~~~~
    I'll get writing for Roxy once Exzalia has the chance to introduce his character. Feel free to write your character's follow-up thoughts too. :)

~Jess

13. Exzalia

okay I reviewed the events that have happened thus far and all I have to say is.
    wow...robot ninjas? Voldamort? Man you guys are toooooo funny.

I have been laughing my self to death reading through this, yes this will be more fun than I expected.

14. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Jonquil Georgianna Merriweather: A Flower out of Time

Jonquil Georgianna Merriweather

Has only recently attained her nineteenth year.

Female

Jonquil, like most of the Darkkin Ladies, is petite, reaching a height of five feet, two inches, with a very slight, graceful bone structure, inherent among her people. Unlike many of the Darkkin, she is possessed of dark brown hair and eyes, while the vast majority of the Tribe lean toward more varied hues in hair and eye color. Fair skinned, with a delicate flower like face, she has been likened to an angel on occasion. The very sweetness of her disposition is written in her smile and laughing eyes.

Her wardrobe, while not up to London standards, is by no means shabby. At this, the moment of introduction, she has escaped from the house on a frigid February morning in 1815. Clad in a black cloak lined with mink, a round gown of forest green velvet with a gathered gauze collar and sleeves. Her hair is loose about her face, tangled by the wind and her feet tucked into sensible leather half boots.

Fragile, the term that has defined Jonquil by since birth, both by her physicians and family. Born with a weak heart, she was not expected to live out her first week. Against all odds she held on. Something of a miracle to her family, Jonquil has been fiercely guarded and coddled, leaving her pale and a bit weak. She escaped the tedium of her overprotective childhood by turning to music, an art at which she excels. Especially the violin.

While her elder siblings, Edmund and Ivy, were sent off to school, Jonquil remained at home with slew of keepers, who never remained long. Due to her delicate constitution, her father Sir Nathaniel Merriweather, took steps to make sure she was never unattended. Whether it was a nurse, nanny, or governess, one by one Jonquil outwitted them all, making a break for freedom whenever she could. At his wits end, Sir Nathaniel paid a visit to a local shepherd and acquired a collie puppy, he then bestowed upon his beloved child. The dog, whom Jonquil christened Beau, was the only one the she couldn't outwit. Beau became her keeper and companion.

With Jonquil's safety assured, Sir Nathaniel, once a noted scholar, set about making sure his youngest child got the best education possible. She took to lessons like a duck to water, consuming anything and everything she could lay hold of. There were certain aspects about her heritage, however, Sir Nathaniel took care to keep hidden from her. Jonquil still managed to glean enough about these fragmented secrets to keep her intrigued. She went looking for answers.

What she found, rather who she found, was Aidan Jonathan Gideon Sinclair, Viscount Islington. Son and heir to the Earl of Taverton, their closest neighbor in Abbott's Hollow. The pair became fast friends and their combined escapades in and about their family estates and Abbott's Hollow would become legend. Eventually Aidan, like her elder siblings, was sent off to school, too. Once more Jonquil was alone with her lessons, music, and aging collie. Letters from Aidan and her godmother became her only windows to the world beyond Abbott's Hollow. It was a world she longed to experience.

Destiny heard Jonquil's wish. The evils of the greater world began to make themselves known in and around Abbott's Hollow. Sheep and other livestock went missing, only to turn up several days later...Mutilated on the village green. A dark figure began haunting the woods bordering Merriweather Abbey and several village girls went missing.

Alarmed by the events, Sir Nathaniel kept Jonquil close, rarely allowing her to wander beyond the gardens and the famed Merriweather Labyrinth. Now nineteen, Jonquil, with a mind of her own, balked at the restrictions, but love for her ailing parent held her actions in check. She stayed close and was very careful to make no mention of the odd happenings in her letters. She assumed a mask of patient resignation.

It was the even monotone of Jonquil's frequent letters that brought Lady Emmaline, Edmund, Ivy, and Aidan back to Abbott's Hollow. By keeping the village's secrets, she had revealed them. Adventure had come knocking at Merriweather Abbey.

Romance: With historical and paranormal elements.

Jonquil is by her very nature, sweet tempered and easy going, but she does have a stubborn streak. She is not push over despite her sheltered upbringing. She has a ready laugh, a kind heart, and a somewhat acerbic tongue at times. Insatiable curiosity is her one great failing, but also one of her greatest gifts. She very trusting, but a bit unsure of herself at times. She really has no idea of the depth of her own strength. Highly intelligent, she doesn't possess much patience for inanity and foolishness. Fiercely loyal to those she loves, she tends to leap without looking. She sees the joy in the little things in life, knows how to find hope in the deepest shadows.

Jonquil is a Darkkin, a draconic shapeshifter. Young as she is, she is considered a fledgling with very little experience. Much of her musical ability stems from her heritage, imbuing her playing with preternatural power. The symphonies she weaves give her power over Air and Water, as well as the Intangibles of Spirit and Echo. She can manipulate the songs in either form, but she is more powerful as a dragon.

Weapons...She doesn't carry any, but she is handy with her fives, as well as, rapiers and dueling pistols. (Aidan made certain that the few holes in her education were repaired...). Her violin and faithful Beau are always with her.

15. JessWrite

Farewell Voldemort! You all are awesome, that was a perfect way for him to go. :D

Can't wait to get to some real conversations. And, welcome Darkkin! I look forward to reading more about your character.

16. Exzalia

yes I thought warping my Char right onto voldamort would help move the story along. Though Magnolia is not going to be pleased with this turn of events...

I'll start writing her rather outspoken actions now :)

17. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Okay, Jonquil, whose nickname is Georgi, has fallen out of her book buried in the stacks. She is now making her way toward the sound of voices.

- Darkkin

18. JessWrite

Beautiful intro-post Darkkin! Your character and her background are so interesting. :)

And, Exzalia...oh my gosh I about choked on my lunch this afternoon when I read your post. Poor Roxy, how dare Magnolia do such a thing! :p I love the tension between her and Tina too. I'd write but I really don't want to interrupt this amazing fight. That sounds bad, doesn't it? haha

19. Love to Write

The Tina within me was in a screaming rant after reading your post, Exzalia. It took several edits to calm her down to her current state. Haha. :)

20. Exzalia

yes well that's how Magnolia would react. remember where she's from, beating kids is the norm in that primtive culture. What is more Magnolia was almost killed thanks to Roxy's warping spell, mix that with a bad temper and Roxy's lucky Magnolia didn't put her on her knee so to speak :D

better get writing, I might take a while.

(Wanna get this right)

21. Exzalia

wow. yep this is getting serious. I have a feeling Magnolia's and Tina's stuberness might cause something. The unrelenting force hitting the immovable object so to speak.

22. Love to Write

Wow. Lol. I think Tina would fail if she went against Magnolia; but not before she put in some solid hits. I see if I can write Tina backing down in such a way that is still in her nature.

23. JessWrite

Whoa! Can't wait to see how this plays out...:p

24. Love to Write

Sorry. Had to use Roxy. Hope it was in her nature for her to stop Tina. I also left a spot open for Magnolia to respond to Tina's retreat.

25. JessWrite

No problem, sounds perfectly like Roxy. Her head is throbbing though, anyone have an ice pack? Haha Just kidding. She needs to learn how toughen up anyway. :)