1. The Spartan

The Spartan New Member

TEFL/EFL publishers

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by The Spartan, May 25, 2007.

I'm going to knock together a 60 hour conversation/spoken English course book over the summer from the materials I've been using over the past ten years.

Two questions -

who to approach to publish

and

wether or not to bother financially.

Anyone out there from Longman's etc..? Or has contacts they're willing to share..?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

...you'll have to go to your neighborhood bookvendor or library, to see who's published other books like that...

...will most likely be an exercise in futility and a money-eater, unless you're a truly topnotch writer and can turn out a book that's offering what none of the others of its ilk do...

as for contacts, those that have 'em are usually not willing to share 'em... there's a good reason for it and i'm sure you'll know what it is, if/when you ever get to the point where you have some...

best of luck with your project, if you go ahead with it... and i'll be glad to lend a hand, if you need one along the way...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

That's a tough question there. Looks like mm pretty much has the best advice there is to offer in this case. Good luck.