Do You Agree with This Saying

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Nov 23, 2011.

1. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Actions speak louder than words = definitely agree.

words speak the truth and actions do the talk? = no idea what that means

2. Cacian

Cacian Banned

I mean to say I usually find words more effective then the actual actions of it.
    For example people tend to remember more what people told them rather what they did to them.
    Words tend to be harsher long term then the actual doing.
    which is worse?

someone telling they did not want you?
    or
    catching that same one cheating on you?

words speak the truth and actions do the talk
    this means that when and if you are used to speaking the truth you tend to act in the same way as oppose to when you do not talk at all( meaning real talking) you tend to do whatever.

3. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Hmm. I'm the opposite, I think. I may remember the gist of the words, but the actions surrounding the words are what I remember vividly.

I guess I agree with the first part - still not sure what you mean by the second. I would say the people who will say one thing and act in another way will do so whether or not they speak. I think... :confused:

4. Cacian

Cacian Banned

In terms of memory yes we tend to remember the pyhsical bit, but in terms of actual doubts and unhappiness or feelings we tend to remembers the words more.
    I tend to think that if one spoke their minds continously and told the truth regarding anythin,g feelings or opinions then one tend to apply the same idea to the way one behaves.
    Meaning that if one says and speaks the truth and does not lie then their actions are mutually complimentary.
    You wont catch someone say cheating if they were honest with you speech and feeling wise , but you would most propably expect someone that either hides their feelings or does not communicate to go on and cheat because that is how they initially think and talk.