1. Crimson Dragon

Crimson Dragon New Member

Does anybody know where I can find a good English to German dictionary?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Crimson Dragon, Jul 2, 2013.

As the title asks. I story that I have planned takes place in an alt history version of earth in which WWII never ended and was extended largely by the comming of magic and mythical creatures to the planet. The ongoing conflict between the allies and axis, as well as military things in general will play a large role in this story and both sides will have new military units that make use of the magical elements now at work in the world(Such as a mage's unit, a dragon airforce ect...). Due to a desire to keep naming trends at least somewhat believable, I want to have the new magical military units used by the Nazis(and also the Japanese, though they are not nearly as prominent in the story as the Nazis) to have realistic German names(as real as you can get for magical military units, that is). The issue? I don't know how to speak German and thus I am looking for a English to German dictionary or translator that is not total crap. Does anybody know where I can find such a thing? Also, while not critical, an English to Japanese one would also be helpful.

So, anybody have suggestions for such a thing?

2. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/german-english

If you look around your screen you'll see a long rectangular text box, it's magic! When you type things in, it goes and finds it for you. It's amazing, it saves you waiting for fellow members to do it for you. I think it's called goggle or googley or goggle eye, something like that....

3. Man in the Box

Man in the Box Active Member

4. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

I'm fairly proficient in German, just PM me if you have any questions.

Just out of curiosity, will your novel feature dinosaur units like this one?

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A dictionary will help you with your German vocabulary, but it won't teach you German grammar.

6. Man in the Box

Man in the Box Active Member

Follow Cog, as usual. German's grammar is very intricate and you can only fully master it after several years of study.