Does anyone else feel naked when they get their work reviewed?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by grnidone, Apr 13, 2009.

1. aliceinwonderland

aliceinwonderland New Member

Completely agree! Same thing happens to me at first. That was a nice similie, with the clothing and all LOL

2. FlashFlashCarCrash

FlashFlashCarCrash New Member

I don't generally like reviewing other people's work because I don't feel I'm qualified to give a constructive opinion about someone's writing, probably because I'm my own biggest critic so I don't think I have any right to critique someone else
    On the other hand, I don't really like people reading my writing either because I'm afraid of negative critiques

3. KingAJO

KingAJO New Member

i agree with you, when every i have work reviewed or i have to present to my tutors at uni about my ideas i feel completely exposed, but its something that needs to be done if i am going to learn and improve. But i go get what your saying

4. Centurion

Centurion New Member

I am usually nervous when putting up my work for display because of my spelling and grammar. No matter how many times I proof read everyone will always find heaps of obvious mistakes that I have missed. But as for my story itself, I have learned to just take to heart what people say and try and work on it.