1. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

Does anyone know a good character artist?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Baby Phoenix, Jul 18, 2015.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I couldn't think of an alternative.

I'd be willing to pay for this artist of course. I just want them to draw two characters, in two alternate ways (as in a before and after kind of thing). Mostly because I want to see my characters drawn, but it's also me thinking it might help me creatively. Still, mostly I just want to see my characters drawn.

If anyone has an artist that they know of I'd greatly appreciate it. I said character artist in the title, but I really just mean someone who is good at drawing characters.

2. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

I know a lot, and I'll put the word out for you. But the majority of them are not actively looking for commissions.

3. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Check Deviantart
    All the good artists are on there and many take commissions.

4. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

You should also think really hard about what you want to pay. I know people who won't even pick up a pencil for less than $200.

5. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at Deviantart A.M.P. I've been on there a few times, but never really understood it. I assumed it was just a creative outlet for people to post their work, didn't know you could request some work as well.

And Jack. I don't want to pay too much as these character's are more for my personal enjoyment rather then any necessity. I don't have much money right now either. So I'd say I'd be willing to pay up to $50. Is this too little?

I don't need an amazing artist who's been doing it for a long time. Someone who is good and can draw my character accurately is good enough for me. I'll also gladly give them creative freedom as long as the core of the character remains the same.

6. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

I commission people on da all the time. :D. My avatar is art I got from da. I could give you some names. But all the people I know kind if drawn in an anime like style. Not sure if that is an issue.

7. Baby Phoenix

Baby Phoenix New Member

Not an issue at all :)

8. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

I am at work. So hard for me to link all of them now. I am on my phone.

Though. I an kill a few birds with one link. Most of the art I got I put on my DA page and I credited the artist that did it. So if you look at my page you will see most of the arists I have worked with.

Now fair warning on a few things.
    - I do not know them personally.
    - Artists may turn you down if they are busy or charge a higher rate then other artists.
    - Some artists can be harder to work with than others. A few have taken a lot longer than they original stated to complete their work.

If you want my opinion on how good it was to work with a particular artist PM me. I won't discuss that in public.

My DA is andromon1217.deviantart.com

Good luck. I can give you more names of ones I haven't posted work from or a few I watch but haven't yet worked with if you want but I will do that tomorrow. So send me a PM at some point if you would like that.

Hope it helps. :)

Baby Phoenix likes this.