1. Jesusfreak97

Jesusfreak97 Member

Does it flow?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Jesusfreak97, Jul 31, 2015.

So I am working on a series about a distant land called Erenthia (btw this is religious fiction). My series is a bunch of stories that seem unrelated but they wind up coming together as the story progresses. Here's a quick summary to make things a little clearer:

(tentative) book 1: The Fall
    -Death and my un-named MC have to deal with the fall of humanity. The only thing is humans start out as Malech (which are basically angels). Then one malech falls to Evil (which is a character) and then another falls and soon there is a whole rebellion against the Great Creator. The malech that rebel are stripped of their wings and become human. They are then doomed to Sheol (which is eternal separation from The Great Creator).

(Tentative) book 2: The rise of Erenthia
    -this takes place after the fall and my MC is a girl named Erin. It centers around her issues with Eric who used to be really close to her and then decided to ignore her once he got elected village leader and eventually king. Eric is completely oblivious to her hurt so he goes on acting like nothing is wrong. His ego flares up and he begins to treat Erin like a servant and she snaps and then he snaps. Erin then turns into a shadow creature and runs away but Ren chases after her only to banish her to the outlands. In the outlands she meets The Great Creators daughter who explains that in three days time humanity will be redeemed. Three days later Erin finds a tree. The Great Creators daughter is trapped in the tree, taking on the punishment for humanity. The tree helps Erin control her inner shadows and build and empire dedicated to the Great Creator called Erenthia.

(Tentative) book 3: King Edric
    -This takes place a few generation after Erin. Edric is a cruel king (I have yet to find something to cause him to be so cruel) and he torments the surrounding nations and his subjects. (That's all I have so far)

(Tentative) book 4: Rose
    -This takes places a few generations after Edric. my MC is a character named Rose. She is the princess of Laurdia. She was raised to fear the prince of Erenthia who when he was about 4 murdered an entire army (I made it work). Anyways this prince is a shadow creature and shadow creatures are not allowed in Laurdia but after a horrible 18th birthday ball where she is taken advantage of by someone named Kye, and being forced into an engagement with an abusive man she begins to turn into a shadow creature. Feeling hopeless she fakes her death and runs away to Erenthia, the only known place where shadow creatures are, and meets Thantos, the prince. She comes to find that he is a really nice guy and he shows her the tree. At first she rejects the love of the Great Creator but then learns to accept it. Stuff happens and you find out that Kye is an evil shadow creature and that Kye's brother killed Thantos's parents because Thantos's great grandpa, King Edric was so cruel to their people.

Sorry if that made no sense. Anyway, is the first book really needed do you think or should I not even bother with it?

I'm thinking about adding a fifth book where the Great Creator frees his daughter and all of humanity is redeemed and they all get to go to Eternity and live happily ever after!

What do you think?

2. AspiringNovelist

AspiringNovelist Senior Member

First, I really like the idea of stories that, seem unrelated, yet converge in some big climax. I've tried to do it a number of times, but these types of tales, with their needed interweave, are difficult to pull off. For example, after watching the movie Crash -- I so wanted to write something similar. Also, with the movie 7 pounds (not sure that's the exact title). I hope you can do it, it would a great read.

Couple of questions:

Book 1: You say, "They are then doomed to Sheol (which is eternal separation from The Great Creator)." Would that just be the Malech who were originally stripped or the Malechs plus all the generations that follow?

Also, not knowing your complete thoughts, I see book 1 and 2 as a single novel/book.

Book 2: Outlands? So, the Malech have separated into classes now?

Book 3: Again, curious as to the tie-in other than inhabitants are Malech -- and that may be all you need. But, I guess, I'm looking for stories that seem unrelated -- kinda hoping you moved to a tale that isn't Malech centric -- then, tie this new story with the story of Book 1/2.

Just questions of curiosity more than questions of plot concern.

Hope you write it.

Good luck.

3. Jesusfreak97

Jesusfreak97 Member

Thanks for that. I really needed the encouragement, like you have no idea. :)

P.S. I responded to your questions.