Dragon in human form

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by DarkPen14, Apr 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

Amazon

2. DarkPen14

DarkPen14 Florida Man in Training Contributor

Cool. WHich part of the series is it? I just looked it up and it's apparently a long one

3. Matt E

Matt E Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8 Contributor

This comes up in the Arcane Ascension series. I really like the idea of a dragon or other ancient, powerful creature taking human form, mostly because it is absolutely terrifying. You could be talking to someone who seems like a normal person and is polite. Then, BAM, dragon, you're dead.

jannert likes this.
  4. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

The only thing I wanna know is how did she get stuck in her human form and what's she doing to reverse this?

5. DarkPen14

Over the weekend I've had tome to figure this out, and this is what I've come up with;

In D&D, Silver Dragons, as Lawful Good creatures, are known to assist travelers of the Good alignments, appearing to them in a polymorphed form. So I'm thinking that a cleric of a god of Truth was on a "mission from his god" to punish all deceit in the world as he found it. When he learns that Chia (The dragon) is actually a dragon and not the woman she appeared to him as, he decides the best way to punish her deceit is to trap her forever in the form she used to deceive him. And she's now looking for a way to reverse this, because honestly there's not much you can do as a dragon when your dragony bits are not there.

Also, I got bored and put this together in Google Drawings:

Chia.png

Mckk likes this.
  6. Mckk

Cool pic. That sounds awful of the Cleric, but also sounds totally realistic to the AI often found in RPGs :rofl: Poor Chia. For some reason I keep picturing her as the polymorphic snake in the latest Fantastic Beasts film, Nagina. (if I remember the name right)
    [​IMG]

7. DarkPen14

Isn't Nagini voldemort's snake Horcrux?

8. Mckk

Yeah, she was. Can't say I'm overly familiar with the Potterverse personally though. I only really watched the films :) I do, however, find it kinda interesting that Nagini (thanks for the correction!) is portrayed in a highly sympathetic light in Fantastic Beasts.

9. DarkPen14

I never saw Fantastic Beasts. from what I assume, she was an Animagus before Voldemort did Voldemort stuff and turned her into a Horcrux, so i can fault her for being a big evil snake. But that is pretty much the situation with Chia. She was able to do the polymorphin freely and then Holy Jack*ss came along and trapped her in that form.

10. Mckk

You're making me think I should go back and pursue a shelves novel idea. It's also about a dragon trapped in human form but I never got much further than that because I didn't wanna end up with another humans vs dragons story.

11. DarkPen14

lol. If it has potential, shoot for it.

12. Mckk

Well, no potential really considering "dragon trapped in human form and looking to reverse it" was basically all I had! :whistle: Essentially, I finished my actual WIP and right now I got nothing to write... Got a few premises and wishy-washy ideas in my head but nothing proper...