1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leaka, Jan 6, 2008.

Well we have a sleep thread and so now we have a dream thread.
    What are your dreams like?
    I think I've told a couple of you what my dreams are like.

My dreams are super real dreams. I'm different people in my dreams I can be a girl named Alice one day and a guy name James the next.
    I smell the smells they smell.
    I feel the pain they feel.
    I feel their emotions when they do. Like if they are super scared I'm super scared. Sometimes when they are falling it feels like I am falling or when they twitch I twitch.
    I can taste what they taste.

Its a weird experience.
    Sometimes, all though I'm not trying to point out I'm physic cause that doesn't exist, I have dreams about the next day and it usually happens.

2. Raven

Raven Banned

I barely sleep so I barley dream.

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    My dreams are almost always lucid. They are also usually what people would call nightmares. But since I'm lucid I just go "Wow I'm being eviscerated, cool."
    When they aren't lucid, they are almost always 'me' doing ordinary things. When I wake up I'm not sure if I did the things in the dream the day before or not. It gets confusing sometimes, at least for the first few hours.

4. Klee

Klee New Member

Normally I dream myself waking and going about daily life, until I realize it's a dream and wake up and go "Aw, man! I still have to live it!".
    Sometimes I also get a sense of deja vu, and on two occasions jamais vu.

5. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I get deja vu sometimes as well.

I also get confused Dom because my dreams are really real. They are like reality so I think that day was Tuesday so the day I wake up is Wednesday.
    Its not very good when that happens.

6. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    Once I had a dream that I went to school, took a test, did a math worksheet, turned in my history report, and went home. Yeah, I hate reality-related dreams because they're no fun and they're a waste of time.

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

:p
    lol!
    Unicorn you're funny. I have reality dreams, but as I stated before I enjoy reality dreams.
    Cause they actually come true sometimes so I know what to expect for that day.

8. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    True... But my idea of a good dream involves crazy excitement and impossible situations. Most people would consider the dreams I love nightmares. My idea of a nightmare is something terrifying that can actually happen. I know I'm never going to be sucked into a black hole and chased through a never-ending maze by a five-headed beast, so it doesn't scare me. What about you guys? What's your idea of a nightmare?

9. Odinschild

Odinschild New Member

I don't dream as much as I would like to. But the dreams I do remember are intense. A lot of my dreams also feature women.

Last dream I had, there was an Elf, a Gorgeous pirate woman, and myself, rescuing a pirate dog named Toby, and fighting off the minions of some Random Evil Guy. At the end, Toby gets poisoned and sacrifices his ship so that myself, the Elf and the Pirate Lady can get away from Random Evil Guy.

The last time I had a "realistic" dream, I dreamed of a beautiful girl with long, raven black hair. This was back in New Hampshire during the winter, so we did all sorts of winter activities together in the dream... I didn't want to wake up from that one.

Then that summer I met one of the new Waitresses at the restaurant where I worked... and you probably guessed it- she had long, black hair and was quite good looking. We went out for a few months until I had to leave for the Coast Guard. So I guess you could say I met the girl of my dreams, if you believe that sort of thing.

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I don't really dream myself. Though I have been in a kind of dream state before. It is hard to explain really.

11. lessa

lessa New Member

I always dream. that is part of the disease I have. Never get out of the dream phase while I sleep.
    When I read a news story about children being hurt I spend the night rescuing them. Most often my husband and I are in the canoe rescuing hundreds of children and bringing them to our house.
    Makes for a very tiring night. But I do this frequently.

12. Hypergraphian

Hypergraphian New Member

I have really vivid dreams... I actually get a lot of my inspiration from them. Only recently I had a really disturbing one about how I received a mysterious letter inviting me to a glamorous ball. I remember how I frantically searched my closet for something extremely glamorous to wear, checked the mirror to see how I looked and headed to the venue. I had a really bad feeling about going but I was curious. On my way there, I kept seeing images of devilish figures, strapped in leather outfits and bearing 2 or 3 horns on their heads. What's worse were the indecipherable whispers I kept getting.

I finally arrived and held my breath as the doors to the hall swung open. Much to my relief, everyone was dressed decently and appropriately. I took a seat at one of the banquet tables and admired the lovely flower decor all round. Suddenly, someone grasped my shoulder. I turned and saw a woman baring sharp fangs at me, her face only millimeters away. She hissed at me and said, "Join us..."

That's when I woke up. I'm stiill wondering about that one and what it all means. There's another where I dreamt about a guy's leg getting chopped off. Could be me harboring the desire to kill off all my idiotic co-workers or I'm just really stressed out....

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I rarely remember my dreams, unless I have a fever (those dreams you'd not want to see!). What I do know is that often, if I'm puzzling over something before I go to bed, I wake with a solution clear in my thoughts.

14. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I very rarely remeber my dreams to be honest unless they are scary. The last dream I can remeber was really horrible. I was pregnant and this age and didn't want the baby. But I kept it anyways and was all happy and that until I lost it towards the end of the dream. I'll not go into detail but it was not nice and I woke up bawling my eyes out.

I used to have a recurring dream that was in black and white and this big green blob came over the hills and stuck us all and we died. I was about 8 then and had the nightmare every single night. :S

15. Cogito

Yuck. Attack of the snot monster...

16. Heather Louise

Haha, it used to scare the hell outta me that dream. Used to dream bedtime. that and the monsters that hid under my bad weren't exactly child friendly.

17. Cogito

Wonder where that one came from...

18. Heather Louise

What one? You lost me now. :p

19. Cogito

Where the green blob (blog? :)) monster came from. It's not as if there are gigantic green amoebas roaming around the countryside...

20. Heather Louise

Haha, I don't know. I remember watching an episode of Goosebumps where one grew in the bath and drownded the house. it was scary as hell.

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake btw :)