Dual Minds: Deep Web

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by JessWrite, May 19, 2014.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Oh god not you guys, rather you were all kkk, that's how much I'm thrilled to see you." She says in a bored tone. "This better not be a waste of time or I may file a restrianing order."

Gale blew out more smoke. "Come on Nitty why ya gotta be hatin like that?" His eyes shifted to Marie. "We're all friends ain't we?"

"Yo!, I was busy doing nothing, so ya better have a good reason for calling me here. I'm not selling stuff right now."

"I ain't want your shit Marie." Gale responded coldly. "I call ya'll here cause of Shep's bullshit going on." His eyebrows went up as he noticed Jessica. "Who is she?"

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

As natural, their focus was now on the spot Gale pointed, and there she was, Jessica.

For Marie it was a surprise, she was expecting that Shep already had blew a bullet through her skull, still she just smiled and said.

"Oh, that's Jess, met her yesterday, I think she is with National Geographic or something"

3. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

"Oh, that's Jess, met her yesterday, I think she is with National Geographic or something"
    Jess grit her teeth and walked out.
    "I'm Jessica Maza, Private Investigator," she said, a rehearsed line. "Some of you already know me. Perhaps you can tell me what is going on here, and then I can get Miss Marie here to a jail cell."

4. lixAxil

"Huh?" Marie was amused by Jessica's intention. Sure there could be a lot of reasons, yet she had no idea of what was she talking about.

"Why me? the one armed with a bomb is she" said while pointing Anita.

"Besides, I'm a minor, jail is such an ugly place for me"

5. Kaitou Wolf

"Not with the evidence I've got," Jessica said, ignoring the crack about Anita. "Assault, battery, attempted homicide, at your age, you're looking at a long time in a women's correctional facility."

6. lixAxil

"But I don't wanna go to jail missy..." complained Marie with a mocking tone.

She then scratched her hair and yawned.

"Well whatever it is, there are like two options. Either you accept a nice bribery or you end dumped in some pipe. The Queen would never let me go to prison."

7. Kaitou Wolf

"You aren't the only one who can pull strings, Marie," Jess pointed out. "I have connections in very high places. You'd be tried in a state court, not the county, for starters, and there would be a truly impartial judge."

8. lixAxil

"I have total confidence in my strings" replied with a smile

"But you know? I'm kinda confused.... what crime are you accusing me off?" asked the girl

9. Kaitou Wolf

Jessica finally just grabbed Marie, pulling out handcuffs.
    "You're under arrest for the assault of a girl scout," she stated. "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford and attorney, the state will provide you with one..."

10. lixAxil

Marie was shaken violently by the woman.

"Hey! do it with more care will ya?, anyway, I ask for evidence, if I recall correctly the girl was aiming me with a gun".

"Also would you scratch my ear, I'm kinda cuffed... be a nice person"

11. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Anita chuckles at the two. "All right, sketchy doesn't even cut it anymore this is just down right insane."

She turns to Gale, "That pycho attacked us yesterday so I feel ya on that one. But what do you want us to do about it? make like Jess and go arrest him?"
    She looks over at Jess with a grin. "After you're done with miss bigot over there could you do that?"

12. lixAxil

"You are too naive 'nita" said Marie fighting with the handcuffs.

"Is not as if you can go knock the door and arrest the man, either that or cops are truly made of fail. What we need is a plan, and I happen to have one. But.... I kinda needs these shit off. Care to hear?" asked the girl smiling.

------------------------------

Close to them yet at a fair distance, and carefully hidden, with a so perfect camouflage one could say she was fused with the shadows, Marie's bodyguard stood. Instead of jumping in action when the girl was handcuffed all she did was a single facepalm.

Yeah, I won't jump in and free you this time lady.... Thought the woman remaining quietly.

13. Kaitou Wolf

"Whatever you have to say," Jess said to Marie, "you can say to me when you're in interrogation." She then turned to Anita, frowning. "You look bruised. Did something happen?"

14. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

The Ex-Teacher and his Niece
    "You're going to do fine, Abigail." Woodrow said to his nervous red-headed niece as he drove her to the hospital.
    "I know." She sighed, pulling on her curls. "But still, acting as nurse without someone watching over my shoulder is kinda terrifying. What if I make a mistake? What if someone dies on my watch or..."
    "Abby, Abby." Woodrow crooned. "You gotta stop thinking like that. You're going to do great. They wouldn't let you out on your own if they didn't think you were ready. You'll see, it'll be great."
    Abigail smiled at her uncle. "Thanks, Uncle Tommy. And thanks for the ride. Stupid car."
    Woodrow chuckled. "I'm sure your car will be fixed in no time." He pulled up in front of the hospital. "Don't forget, positive thoughts."
    "Right, posititve thoughts." Abby sighed stepping out of the car. "See you here at 6?"
    "You know that's right. And we'll go celebrate with drinks later."
    Abigail raised a worried eyebrow.
    "Soda, Abby. Soda." Woodrow shook his head at her.
    Her face relaxed in relief and she stepped away from the car as she waved goodbye. Woodrow waved in return and turned the car around to head to the school and begin his own job as janitor.

15. Kingtype

That pycho attacked us yesterday so I feel ya on that one. But what do you want us to do about it? make like Jess and go arrest him?"
    She looks over at Jess with a grin. "After you're done with miss bigot over there could you do that?"

"I ain't planning ya'll to do nuthing." Gale flicked his cigarette to the side. "But I know the person who stole all that shit from him, so I called ya'll so we can have a little chat with our thief before she goes and gets herself and anyone else Shep thinks is responsible killed."

Gale motioned for them to follow. "As for arresting him, sure if someone can dig up evidence on him then I'd think it be wise get him off the streets."

16. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I walked out of the trailer as quietly as I could, shutting the door behind me, thankfully the bastard had gotten wasted again last night. I could sneak out without alerting him. I noticed that there were several people gathered around in the trailer park. Someone was getting arrested... figures. I turned away and saw a black cat with yellow eyes sitting there looking up at me. "Ah, Mitzi." I said, my expression softened, the cat meowed and walked up to me and rubbed up against my legs, I knelt down and scratched behind her ears. "Hungry?" I asked, the cat looked up at me and meowed. "Got it." I said smiling.

I walked over to the board that was sitting against the trailer, I moved it out of the way and grabbed a bottle of water, a bag of food, and a pair of bowls, I poured some water into one and dug some food out from the other and then put the bag and bottle away. "There ya go Mitzi." I said, the cat purred and rubbed up against my leg one last time before going and eating from her bowls.

I had discovered Mitzi one day, the poor thing had been horribly beaten, I thought that she was going to die. So in secret I nursed her back to health, hiding her under the trailer. I used my secret funds in order to buy disinfectants, bandages, and food. So... after she was fully healed... she just kind of stuck around, we were kind of like kindred spirits. She had been abused for a long time, I could tell from the numerous wounds on her. I think she could tell I was in the same boat. So I like to think that the reason that she sticks around is to say 'If no one else is there for you, I will be'. Though of course the real reason might just be because I give her food and water.

I stood up and cracked my back. "Alright... so what to do now...?" I muttered as I looked around, that group was suspicious... I could always take a look, I mean those idiots couldn't say that I was running my mouth off about my beatings if I were in a crowd. I went up to the group, though I stayed a few feet away, trying to decide whether or not this was the best idea...

17. Kaitou Wolf

Gale motioned for them to follow. "As for arresting him, sure if someone can dig up evidence on him then I'd think it be wise get him off the streets."
    Jessica unlocked one of the cuffs and slapped it on her own wrist so that Marie was joined to her and followed Gale.
    Better keep an eye on this girl, Jessica thought. I dunno what she can pull.

18. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

No Comment

Gale brought the group to a pleasant looking brown trailer, unlike some of the others this one was maintained. Despite its well condition it looked rather dark inside as Gale inspected through the windows, except for a bit of light from what had to be the television.

"She should be home." He nodded, gripping the door handle.

---

"Yo Harles.” Gale said as he pushed her door open, the others following along. The smell of a flowery air freshener hit his nose, but the place still reminded him of some dark cave.

Like Gale had guessed, the only source of light was coming from the TV in the living room. Walking towards it, he noticed a frilly clown was on the idiot box juggling red balls. Various squeaky noises came out of them each time he caught one.

Freaky.

Gale snorted. "Harley, where are you?"

Creaks and groans echoed through the trailer, enough to put a shiver down anyone's spine. It sounded like they were coming from the...ceiling?

"COWABUNGA, DUDE!"

A new flash of light flooded the room as a figure dropped right on top of Anita. They all barely had time to see the offender before the entire ceiling fan crashed to the floor, raining down plaster on their heads.

"Shit!" Gale jumped and his face paled. "Wha...what? Harley!"

"Hey Gale." She nodded as she rose from the tangled limbs of Anita.

Without another glance to him or any of them, Harley stepped over the shattered glass and swiped a box of Captain Crunch from the coffee table. The images of the stupid clown reflected in her blue eyes as she sat on the couch in front of the TV and started eating her cereal.

Gale blinked.....and blinked again.....then again and several more times. "Um...are you al-"

"Hey ya'll!" Lacey came around the corner. "Damn Harles, why ya always gotta have it so dark in here? I can't see a thing." She shoved her way through to open the blinds. When her vision adjusted to the added sunshine, Lacey erupted in a fit of laughter.

The destroyed fan on the ground, the sparking wires hanging from the ceiling, and the blanks stares...was all too much.

"Good lord. What did ya do now?" She asked when she caught her breath.

Harley simply waved to her without turning her attention from the screen.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  19. Exzalia

Anita wasn't moving, suddenly she yells. "Oh don't worry about me, I'm fine. But thanks for asking." And she crawls to her feet and gives Harely a hard stare.
    "Are you retared? What the hell was that?" She sneers rubbing the bruise on her forhead. "You want to get sued? because that's how you get sued."

20. lixAxil

"Damn that was crazy... if I were a private investigator from discovery channel I would inmeadiatly arrest this person!" exclaimed Marie.

"That was a hint btw..." whispered to Jessica at her side.

Turning her attention again toward Harley, Marie said. "So you stole from ol' Shep. Damn Harley we gotta team up someday, You, the girl of action, me, the brainer who can get anything, Lacey, the person who knows contacts, The Word to fight aliens and 'nita as the human bomb, we would be invincible, we would be the Power Rangers, I ask Pink!"

21. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

"Shut up. TV. I'm watching it." Harley said to Anita between a mouthful of crunch berries. She continued to stare at the colorful clown who was now throwing a pie at an audience member. That is, until Marie spoke up.

"Shep?" Harley raised an eyebrow. "People are still talking about that? It was like taking candy from a freaking baby...he's walking dead brain cells!"

She shoved more dry cereal into her mouth as she looked back to the show.

22. Kingtype

THE MESSIAH

Abigail trotted into the hospital, signed into work and greeted her co-workers. She grabbed the chart of her first patient and began reading through it to see what she needed to do.

"Abigail." Another nurse came into the room, her face with a tad of confusion painted on it. "Hun there is a man down in the lobby saying he wants to see ya, says he's your father."

Abigail set down the chart. "My father? Daddy, would never come here unless..." He's hurt? "I'll go check it out." She walked as quickly as she could to the elevator and took it down to the lobby floor. She stepped out, her eyes anxiously scanning the crowd for a sign of her father.

“Well ain't you a pretty young lady.” An unfamiliar voice said as suddenly she felt a hand lightly rest on her shoulder. As she spun around sunglasses met her eyes as did a tall cowboy hat which was seated on the man’s head and his American flag colored tie almost made him look like a bad cliché of the South.

"I'm sorry, can I help you?" She asked politely, though she was still anxious about finding her father.

"Course ya can." He gave a feral grin. "Ya lookin' for your dad right?'

Abigail started putting the pieces together and crossed her arms suspiciously. "Are you the one that said he was him?"

"Pretty and smart." He nodded. "I think I could get to like ya kid."

"What do you want?" She asked in annoyance. "I'm on shift."

"The name's Hill." He said still smiling. "Hank Hill and I've got some business with you and your kin."

Abigail raised an eyebrow. "My kin? You talking about my dad or my Uncle? And what business?"

Hank tipped his hat. "Well little lady, I'm afraid to answer these questions and what not. I'm gonna have to kidnap ya." He said apologetically.

Abigail squinted her eyes at Hank. "You on crack or something? You can't just say things like that to people. They might actually take you seriously and call security. Which is exactly what I'm going to do in about 30's seconds if you don't buzz off." Her hand reached for her radio.

Thirty seconds later Abigail found herself trapped on Hank's shoulder as her carted her out of the hospital and towards his car where he dropped her in the trunk and shut the lid. "Hey!" She screamed. "You can't do this, jerk!" She banged on the trunk, trying to get it open, or get someone to hear her. "Let me out!"

"Oh quit you're whining girl." Hank said as he drove along. "We are just goin down to your place to have ourselves a chat."

Hank sighed as he scrolled through her cell phones contact list and clicked 'call' at the very first name on it.

"Abby? Something wrong?" Woodrow asked as he answered his cell.

"Oh no everything is good." A cheery male voice responded.

Woodrow's car screeched to a stop and his heart seemed to lodge in his throat. "Who is this?"

"Well ain't that cute, you're all concerned bout your little niece." Hank teased. "Come to her place and don't involve them damn police neither, if ya do that I'll have to cut her throat after I have me some fun with her." Small giggles followed. "Boyyy I tell ya she is in a heap o trouble."

Woodrow wanted so desperately to cuss this man out but that would only make things more difficult for Abigail. "I'm on my way." He managed to say calmly. He dropped the phone into the seat beside him and sped as fast as he dared to her apartment. When he arrived he found a strange car already parked in front of the house.

"Abby!?" He called out running into the apartment.

As Woodrow entered the living room there was no sign of Abigail but an older man sat on her sofa his cowboy boots propped up on her glass table. His big white hat loosely tipping off his head as he greeted the panicked man with sincere smile. "Damn boy, your ass got here quick."

His smile. His attitude. It reminded Woodrow too much of Dexter. "What do you want?" He growled.

On the dot.

Woodstock.

"Simple, I was waiting for you." Hank said his Southern accent vanishing completely as he stood up taking measure of the former teacher and studying the his features. "You look fucking terrible, well then again that's what sipping the bottle does to you." He said removing his hat and sunglasses.

Neatly combed but not quite as blonde hair was revealed under the hat and only the left icy blue eye met Woodrow's as the right seemed permanently shut as the scars from stitches were still plenty visible as were many other lines and scars that hadn't been there before.

And the thick golden mustache covering his upper lip was new as well but there was no mistaking.

No matter the age.

It was a face Woodrow could never forget.

"Damn." Dexter muttered. "That accent leaves a bad taste in my mouth." He coughed. "Couldn't keep faking that shit for long......in hindsight it would of probably been a better surprise if it was later but hey what is a guy to do?"

Woodrow's face turned another shade of white. "Dexter? God, I thought you were dead. How...?" All of sudden he remembered niece and he waved his hands. "Forget that! Where's Abigail!?" He demanded.

"Well obviously its me who were you expecting? Jesus Christ? Frankenstein?" He tapped his foot. "As for Abigail, I killed her and stuffed her body in the fridge." Dexter gave the same smirk he always did. "I plan to feed on her flesh on her tonight!"

23. Exzalia

What God would do

Anita stares at her, then back to the t.v, then to her. Her skin goes red and her brow narrows, she looks about ready to smack Harely through the wall. But she doesn't, it just isn't her only barbarians resort to violence. And she was no barbarian

"Okay Anita, calm down, now think what would God do?"

She waltz over, opens Hareys' is fridge grabs some stale looking cooking exsperiment gone wrong, walks back to Harely, and dumps it, right over her head in all it's raunchy goodness. Then with polite speech she coons.

"Oh don't mind me, please continue to watch your show. Oh! whats this? You're done ignoring me? Whats the matter not intrested in your show anymore? Well shucks I'm sorry. But hey, now that I have you're attention I think you'd like to know that we are fixing to tell Shep it was you who stole from him, then we shall sit back, relax and watch Shep make you ten times uglier then you do now. You get all that? Or do you have too much shit in your ear to hear me? It's okay, I'll wait for you to clean it out and thanks in advanced for your time.............bitch."

"Anita that was far from what God would do, but man did it feel good."

JessWrite and Love to Write like this.
  24. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

A Bad Omen

"As for Abigail, I killed her and stuffed her body in the fridge." Dexter gave the same smirk he always did. "I plan to feed on her flesh on her tonight!"

Woodrow crossed his arms and glowered at Dexter. "She's in the trunk. Isn't she?"
    Dexter gave Woodrow an even look. "Please....I'm not that cliche, she's in the closet now." Woodrow rolled his eyes at Dexter and huffed in annoyance. "You didn't have to go and kidnap her." He grunted as he walked towards the closet.

"I was keeping family tradition." Dexter sighed as he plopped back down on the couch. "Besides I needed her to make sure you wouldn't turn around and run for the hills at seeing me again."

Woodrow shook his head and opened the closet. Abigail tumbled out and Woodrow helped removed the gag from her mouth and bindings from her hand. Tears glistened in her eyes but she looked more angry than frightened. "Uncle Tommy!" She exclaimed leaping into his arms. "I knew you'd come get me." She looked past him at the man sitting on the couch. A brief look of recognition crossed her face before it was replaced by anger and she stomped over to him and slapped him across the face.
    "Who do you think you are!? Huh? Kidnapping me!? Frightening my uncle!?"

Dexter's hummed and nodded as the young girl vented to him. He was no stranger to being hollered at about things like this.
    "I'm his best friend." He replied.

Woodrow shook his finger, "Best friend is a bit strong. More like disagreeable friends."
    "Why does he look familiar?" Abigail asked. She couldn't shake the feeling she'd met him before.

"Ah." Dexter said to Abigail but pointed at Woodrow. "I am the superhero who saved you at the park and also the man who drove your dear uncle into being a man of the bottle." Dexter's eyes shifted to Woodrow. "Really though? AA? Hate those people." He muttered.

"They arn't all bad."

"Superhero? That guy I drew pictures about in elementary school?" Abigail looked at her Uncle in disbelief. "You're friends with this guy!?"

"Disagreeable friends." He corrected before turning his attention to Dexter. "I'm guessing you didn't kidnap my niece and drag me here to talk about my past habits. So what's this about Dexter? Is about your kid?"

"Maybe." Dexter said. "Look I'd of happily continued faking dead and leaving you in peace.....well I have been sort of keeping tabs on everyone since I woke up took sometime to track you all down." He leaned back. "But things have come up in this town that need my attention annnnnnnd I need a place to sleep."

"You're a bad omen, Dexter. Where you go bad things follow." Woodrow said with a sigh and a shake of his head. "You can stay at my place for a bit. On one condition. You stay away from Abigail from now on. No matter what! Understood?" His voice was stern and his expression made it clear that he might very well kill Dexter himself should his condition be violated.

Abigail's eyes widened in surprise at her Uncle's tone and expression, but after what he'd told her about the things that had happened in Great Barrington, she understood his fear.

"Woodrow, wow man." Dexter held up his hands. "I come back from the dead and you're now throwing out all these subtle threats." He shook his head. "Look things are much simpler this time. I'm just in town to run somebody off. Besides I can't make much noise as I used to, last thing I need is old enemies thinking I'm alive."

"Good. Then we won't have any problems." Woodrow nodded. "Abby, I'll drop you back off at work. Dexter...I have no doubt you already know your way back to my place. Try and keep from making too much of a mess this time, yeah?"

"Tommy I've never been much of a miracle worker." Dexter responded.

"Wonderful."

Pheonix, Kingtype and JessWrite like this.
  25. Kaitou Wolf

She shoved more dry cereal into her mouth as she looked back to the show.
    Jessica surveyed the situation, thinking.
    "Alright, crotch rocket, tell me," Jessica said, directly at Harley. "What did you steal from this Shep, where can I find Shep, and what is his story?"