Dual Minds: Deep Web

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by JessWrite, May 19, 2014.

1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Anita wasn't a barbarian, but Harley on the other hand came from a long line of humans who could be considered as such. After wiping the gunk from her face, she grabbed the remote off the coffee table and chucked it at Anita's head. The device hit a perfect bullseye on her formed bruise.

"I said shut up." Harley muttered. "You talk too much."

Lacey bit back a laugh. "Harles, she's only tryin' to have a...normal conversation."

Green slime dripped from Harley's blonde hair, making a trail down her cheek. "So?"

"Alright, crotch rocket, tell me," Jessica said, directly at Harley. "What did you steal from this Shep, where can I find Shep, and what is his story?"

"Not from around here, huh?" she replied, casting a bored glance in the woman's direction. "It doesn't matter what I stole, Shep pissed me off; so I pissed him off." She smirked. "He's a drug dealer and damn stupid. But you'll have to go find out the rest yourself lady, cause I don't feel like talking to you anymore."

Harley let out a big yawn as she glared at the television.

2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

"Not from around here, huh?" she replied, casting a bored glance in the woman's direction. "It doesn't matter what I stole, Shep pissed me off; so I pissed him off." She smirked. "He's a drug dealer and damn stupid. But you'll have to go find out the rest yourself lady, cause I don't feel like talking to you anymore."

"Be nice to her Harle', she isn't very intelligent." Said while showing the handcuffs.

"Anyway, we find who stole Shep's shit, it was Harle', hardly surprised btw. Yet.... what do you really want Gale?" Asked Marie looking at the boy.

"I doubt you would bring us here just to show us Harley's hobby"

3. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Lincoln sighed as he slurped ramen from a foam cup inside his motel room.

Going back to Chicago was out of the question at the moment. The SEC were bound to be still crawling through his offices, and frankly, he didn't want to end up with his 'dear old dad' in the slammer just yet. But this left him in a pretty tight spot.

No money.

No influence.

And no f***ing money.

Even calling Lindsay was probably a bad idea, they were most likely keeping tabs on her since she was his secretary after all. And he was still waiting for a call from that damn lawyer. Macgregor Ian Josephs of Josephs, Calaway and Perrycut, was one of the single most tenacious financial lawyers in the world. He had a way of always seeing right through Lincoln's schemes, even when no one else could, and it drove Lincoln insane. He knew to much about Lincoln's operation, and the only way to ensure his silence, in Lincoln's mind at any rate, was to keep him on retainer, thus making it a conflict of interests if anyone wanted to come after him and use the information that Macgregor Josephs possessed.

Lincoln looked down at the ramen again, then threw it at the wall, leaving a spattering of noddles and dehydrated carrots to drip slowly down the filthy drywall.

"I am not doing this another night," he said with finality.

He wan't proud of what he was about to do, but he was going to do it anyway. He had never outright stolen anyone's money before. This was an exception.

-----------

Thirty minutes later, a man checked into a room at the Southern Comfort Luxury Suites under the name of Albert Ramirez, paying with a brand new debit card issued from the Mayfield City Bank under the same name.

And there was fifty thousand less dollars in the account of a certain Donald Doc.

Lincoln, or rather, Albert, kicked his feet up in the luxury suite and waited for room service to arrive with his dinner.

This was all temporary, Lincoln told himself. As soon as his assets were free, he would make everything right. In the mean time, he needed an operating fund. And Donald had given him the money willingly. Granted, on the assumption that it would be invested in a defense contractor who was about to be doing a lot of business in graves county, and not into a newly opened bank account for a man who didn't really exist. But those were just technicalities, Lincoln assured himself.

Then he popped the top of the bottle of Whiskey, and really didn't care anymore.

JessWrite and lixAxil like this.
  4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"I doubt you would bring us here just to show us Harley's hobby"

Gale shook his head at Marie. "Obviously not. Her hobbies aren't that interesting its mostly burning things and watching Peanuts the clown." Gale's eyes shifted to Harley. "I brought y'all here to show her what dumb choices can do."

The Word snorted. "By dumb choice, you mean robbing a maniac?"

"Yes." Gale nodded. "Dumb choices Harley."

"Think whatever you want." Harley shrugged as she kicked her feet up on the table. "Shep didn't even get half what he deserves. I would have taken more, but I couldn't carry it all."

5. lixAxil

Marie wondered for an instant. What did Gale meant with a bad choice exactly? even herself thought on that plan for a while, yet what Marie truly saw was a chance, a small chance to move the pieces on the chessboard.

To erase Shep

"Hey Gale.... why is this a bad choice precisely?, is because Shep will hunt down Harley? 'cause that's not a big deal, really. Seriously what's your truly objective? are you by any chance siding with Shep? Naaah, you're not that fool.... So what's the real deal?" Asked the girl seriously, waving her hands to emphasize her expressions, so focused that she even forgot she was handcuffed to Jessica and thus shook her arm strongly while talking.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  6. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Hey, Joe." Mikkish said, suddenly appearing behind Joe. There was a friendly grin on his face, and not a hint of any malicious intentions. "We go to the same school. Mind if we talk for a moment?" He said in a friendly voice.
    I was about to follow the group to wherever they were going, but I jumped when I heard a voice behind me. I quickly turned around and sighed in relief as I saw that it wasn't one of my father's buddies or he himself. "...Uh... Mikkish right...?" I muttered, I looked around wearily. "...Meet me outside of the park in a minute and then we'll go somewhere more secluded." I whispered, I was worried that one of his buddies might poke their head out of their window and see me or hear me. They were just a bunch of sick sadists that enjoyed my suffering and always lied to my father whenever possible. I quickly walked over to Mitzi's bowls and stashed them behind the board. "Sorry Mitzi, gotta go." I said, I patted her head and walked out of the trailer park briskly.

"Ok. Sure man." Mikkish said, a he walked outside of the trailer park.

A he made his way outside and turned to look back at the trailer park, something happened though. It looked so...familiar. "You stupid little SHIT! You think you're so fucking entitled, don't you? You aint shit! Never will be! Cry some more, you cunt!" His father yelled.

Mikkish blinked his eyes as he turned his head away from the park. "You don't live there anymore, Mikkish. That fucker...is far away..." He said to himself quietly, as he waited for Joe.

I walked past him, but slowed down. "Just lead the way, please... and don't worry if I'm a little bit away... I'm still following." I said quietly as I walked.

"Aright, so..." Mikkish said, as they came to the outside of the trailer park "My ol buddy, Shep, couldn't help but notice juss a few things was missin from his inventory. We know it was someone from Minefield. I was thinkin maybe you'd know somethin bout that." Not once while he said this did he show anything but friendliness "So do you?"

I looked at Mikkish with a little shock in my eyes. Not that it was about anything about missing 'inventory', but that someone would willingly associate with Shep. I had once seen him completely go nuts on some guy, I didn't remember why, but I was pretty sure that it was over something harmless or a simple misunderstanding that wouldn't cause that much anger in a normal person. "No, I don't know anything about missing... erm... 'inventory', sorry." I said.

Suddenly, Mikkish' fist swung into Joe's gut. Hard. All while Mikkish kept his friendly demeanor.

"Come on now, Joe. Don lie to me. Ya gotta know somethin" Mikkish said in a calm voice.

I doubled over and gasped for air at the sudden and unexpected blow to the gut, I panted and gasped until I could finally breathe, I backed away. "I don't know anything...! If... you haven't... noticed, I'm not the most... social person... around, I try... not to get into anyone's... business... best that way..." I said, while panting and gulping down precious air.

Mikkish stared at Joe for a moment, then reached into his pocket with his left hand and pulled one of them out. His brass knuckles. It glimmered in the sun, as Mikkish once again balled up into a fist.

"Ya know, im a nice guy. I'll let ya go...fer now." Mikkish said, before bringing his fist to the side, as if he was about to pound Joe in the rib "But if turns out yer lyin to me, I won't be so nice." Then, he punched his right fist, the bare one, into Joe's gut. He figured it best to make sure Joe remembered not to fuck with him. Then started walking off.

I saw the punch coming this time and managed to brace myself, though to give him a show I bent over and gasped and panted for breath, the punch definitely hurt, however I was used to pain by now. "...Risk a beating to just get threatened...?!" I muttered angrily, balling my hands into fists, digging my nails into my palms.

I sighed deeply and just let it go. Not as if I would do anything... I walked down the street, wanting to distance myself from that damn park as much as I possibly could. As I walked, I always just looked at the cars, wondering what it would be like to just... grab one and go. Just leave this thing in my rear view mirror and never have to come back. One day... maybe.

7. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

"Hey Gale.... why is this a bad choice precisely?, is because Shep will hunt down Harley? 'cause that's not a big deal, really. Seriously what's your truly objective? are you by any chance siding with Shep? Naaah, you're not that fool.... So what's the real deal?" Asked the girl seriously, waving her hands to emphasize her expressions, so focused that she even forgot she was handcuffed to Jessica and thus shook her arm strongly while talking.
    Jessica snapped her arm forward as a reminder, and tapped her chin.
    "Harley, what was it you stole from Shep and where did you steal it from?" she asked.

8. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Anita was glaring at Harly. "Jessica you have a better chance of getting useful info out of Word then this creator who it seems has just recently learned to walk up right. Luckily for you Shep told me when he broke my door in and shoved a gun down my throat. 5000 dollars and a bag of weed he said." She looks around at Harely's "Home." And by the looks of things both of them are used up, I say we tell Shep, leave, and sleep this off like a bad hangover. I mean what exactly do we gain from standing here chatting? As for this primitive sapien, any grief she gets she brought on her own head."

9. JessWrite

"That's Ms. Primitive Sapien to you!" Harley said as she flicked some leftover food from her shoulder.

"Hey Gale.... why is this a bad choice precisely? Is it because Shep will hunt down Harley? 'Cause that's not a big deal, really. Seriously what's your truly objective? Are you by any chance siding with Shep? Naaah, you're not that fool.... So what's the real deal?"

"The deal is to stop Shep's rampage by returning his things." Gale said. "As nice as possible because Harley doesn't want to get anyone killed, do you Harley?"

"What? Do I look like a murderer?" she muttered. "I'll give the money to charity, but no way in hell am I returning the weed it's--"

Ring. Ring. Ring.

The telephone blared its high-pitched sound, cutting off her words. Harley sighed as she jumped up from the couch and swiped the phone from a nearby shelf.

One look at the caller ID and she rolled her eyes, turning her back to the rest.

"Yes, Mother?" Harley said after she put the receiver to her ear. "Hi! I am having a great day! How's yours? Oh yeah? That's really sweet, Mom. Yeah I saw the casserole in the fridge, thanks a lot..."

She gritted her teeth. "Sure I can get it, I know exactly where it is. Okay, see you soon. I can't wait either. Love you too, bye!"

Harley hung up the phone, threw it on the couch, and marched straight past the group to disappear down her narrow hallway. Several seconds later, she reappeared with a book in her hands titled, Where The Wild Things Are.

"All of you. Out. Now." Harley said, pointing to the door.

"Harley." Gale blinked. "We aren't done speaking to you.....you um kinda let a mad man off his leash."

"He's gonna have to wait until I complete my mission to get this to the library." Harley said, waving the book in front of Gale's face. "So I repeat, all of you. Out. Now."

"Well you heard her." Gale said opening the door for Harley. "Everyone out so we can go to the library until Harles agrees to set things right with Shep."

The Word spoke up. "As much as Ryder's carefree, hippie, stoner attitude bothers me." He coughed. "He has a point and stuff. Harley, Shep is in deep with reptiles and they won't hesitate to put holes in you and or anyone you associate with."

"You cool to drive us Lacey?" Gale asked.

She nodded. "Sure thing. There's plenty of room for y'all to fit in the truck bed."

"No!" Harley shouted. "No ya'll are not!"

Lacey latched onto her friend's arm. "Look Harles, we're tryin' to get everythin' right again. So can ya be agreeable just this once? Please?" She leaned in closer and whispered, "If you're a good little girl, I'll make ya brownies!"

Harley pulled away and shoved Lacey aside. "Fine. But I'm washing this stuff out of my hair first."

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  10. Exzalia

Anita blinks, then blinks again. "Are you Fucking believing this?" She asks no one in particular. "The library? we have a psychopath on our tale and this bitch wants to visit the library?"

Anita throws her hands in the air in defeat. "man...you couldn't pay me to be this stupid." Harley seems almost...too stupid. She studies her a moment, something was off, she could feel it. And for the first time in a long time she says a hasty prayer.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  11. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

"Harley," Jessica said. "I hope you realize things will be changing around here." Jessica turned to go, but not before handing Anita her card.
    "If anything happens," Jessica said. "Do NOT hesitate to call me. This goes for you, your friends, anything. If any of you are in danger, I will drop everything and get there as fast as I can. I promise you. All of you."

12. Kingtype

Freeloading 101....

A non-eventful and very silent hour passed as Dexter rested on Woodrow’s couch while the man himself was preparing something for their dinner. There wasn’t much sleep to be had.

It should be coming any moment now……

Three

Two

On-And before Dexter could finish mentally counting Woodrow’s cell phone began to ring.

Woodrow looked at the number. Not recognizing it he set it down on the counter. "I think its about time I changed my phone number."

"Answer it!" Dexter's voice came from the other room.

Great. This can't be good. Woodrow sighed then answered the cell. "Hello?"

"Hey." A tired voice replied on the other end. "Is this....Woodo or was it Woodblow?"

"Woodrow. Who is this?" The person on the other end sighed with obvious boredom .

"This is PB and I was given your contact information by Mr.Craftian, I was told I could reach him by calling this number."

"Ah." Woodrow looked at Dexter. "Lovely. Now you're involving me in your affairs. Wonderful." He handed the phone to Dexter and went back into the kitchen to finish making the dinner and Tea.

"Uh huh." Dexter said into the phone. "Got it, you're a life saver Brice." And with that he flipped the cell phone shut and swung his legs off the couch. "Look I'm not involving you in anything. I just need a place where my employee can contact me." Dexter snorted. "I ain't paying him to sit around and have me dodge calls."

"Employee?"

"Yeah." He might as well be honest, Woodrow had always been good at keeping his mouth. "I hired mercenary but anyway looks like he's done his job. I've got somewhere to be."

"Merc...never mind. I don't want to know." Woodrow poured himself a cup of tea. "Does this mean you'll be leaving already?"

Leaving Already? Dexter rolled his eyes. "You wish." A loose smile appeared on his face. "But I could use your help on this one, I kinda need a ride."

Woodrow raised a suspicious eyebrow. "Last time I agreed to give you a ride, we were riding to kidnap one of my students. I have not forgotten how that turned out." Dexter this returned with an equally unfriendly look.

He didn't have time for Woodstock's concerns. "You don't have students anymore, right? Don't worry I ain't gonna kidnap one of your mops."

Woodrow winced at the comment inwardly but didn't let it show on his face. "I want to know where we're going first. and what we're doing when we get there."

"Simple." Dexter replied. "You are going to drive me to the library and then that's that. Just wait awhile in the parking lot and when I come back we can come here and enjoy our dinner." He sniffed. "What you cooking anyway?"

"Spaghetti." Woodrow replied with a sigh as he turned off the heat on the food and grabbed his keys. "Let's go..."

"Why do you always gotta have such a negative attitude about things?" Dexter shoved his hands into his pockets. "What happened in Great Barrington was a long time ago man. And look on the bright side we are going to a place of learning. Maybe you'll even meet a nice librarian lady."

A smile crept over his face. "My network of information tells me someone has only been hanging around with his niece and a bunch of pathetic recovering drunks for the last years."

"Better than being dead and hiding from just about everyone in the world. Including his own daughter." Woodrow retorted.

Welp....

Dexter winced.

Can't argue with that one.....ahhh well that hell he could try! "How do you know I've been hiding from my kid? For all you know I could be number one dad in the entire fucking world." Dexter blinked suddenly. "How do you know I..um....have a daughter?"

Woodrow smiled lightly as he took a sip of tea. "I wasn't drunk a 100% of the time." He looked down at the cup. "When I thought you'd been killed I decided to keep track of your kid, on your behalf." He shrugged. "I like to think I've been her guardian angel. Protecting the one good thing to come out of all this." Woodrow sighed and set the cup down on the counter. "But it looks like she already had her real dad looking out for her."

"Hmmm damn." Dexter was speechless, Woodrow had been keeping tabs on his kid. "I really don't wanna have to say nice things to you." He admitted. "But thank you. As for me....I do what what I can for her at a safe distance."

Woodrow nodded. "She why you need to go to the library?"

Dexter's eyes flashed. "Yes....partly. I'm well...the person who I'm trying to run off is dangerous. He's going to be gunning for her I believe and if I'm not properly prepared either she's going to be killed or I am." Dexter sighed. "I'm not a gunfight sort of guy, so while I see if I can plan to stop this guy I'm going to assure the girl's safety." His blue eyes shifted uncomfortably. "By informing the one person who can protect."

"And whose that?"

Dexter gave Woodrow a steady look.

13. JessWrite

Aloha!

After bumbling through town in Lacey's truck like a bunch of hillbillies, they arrived at the Graves County Public Library. The building was actually quite large for being part of a small county. Hanging from the roof, a sign announced in capital letters that the library's Summer Reading Program had begun.

Harley sighed as she hopped out of the truck and headed for the doors. She couldn't remember the last time she'd stepped foot inside the place filled to the brim with boring books and boring people reading boring books. Movies were way cooler. She'd flip on Netflix before picking up a book any day.

With her entourage in tow, Harley strutted through the entrance and instantly felt eyes zoom in on her every move. It wasn't surprising really, to her or any of the friends with her. All of them knew Harley's reputation left its mark wherever she went. Lots of dirty black marks streaked all over the lives of Graves County folks in someway or other. Perhaps the adults staring had a friend, neighbor, or their own kid who'd fallen prey to one of her schemes. Or they'd heard the dozens of rumors that flew from the fiery tongues of housewives.

Did she care? Nope.

Were the rumors true? 99.9% of the time.

Harley stood a little taller as she walked past the onlookers and turned towards the Children's section of the library. In the corner there was a meeting room and when the group neared it, subtle Hawaiian music could be heard.

Harley poked her head around the doorframe to find the scene that she'd known about for weeks. The Luai Party.

The small room looked like a rainbow had thrown up on everything. An ocean mural lined the wall, a pile of fancy leis were on the floor; even a blow up palm tree was in the corner. But what stood out most of all was the woman behind a table of snacks, pouring red punch into tiki cups.

Harley rolled her eyes as she walked up to her. "Hey Mom...nice outfit."

Like a hula lady, she was wearing a long grass skirt, flowers all up in her hair, and a coconut bra over a tan tanktop. Around her neck was a neon pink lanyard with a flashy name tag that read:

Tiffany Sugar
    Volunteer​

She raised her head, beaming a wide smile. "Harley, hi! Or should I say, aloha!" Her mom shouted as she set down the cup. "Aww you brought your friends, how nice! Aloha, Harley's friends!"

"Wow!" Gale waved. "This all looks fantastic Ms. Sugar."

The Word snorted. Tiffany Sugar; that woman made him uncomfortable more so then her violent daughter. Something just seemed off....too off to even be a reptile. "What's the deal with this stuff?"

"The kids and I are going to have a par-tay!" Ms. Sugar exclaimed. "To celebrate Summer Reading. You did bring the book right Harley?"

Harley tore her gaze from the blown up palm tree and handed the book to her. "Yeah, here."

Why her mother actually wanted to be with kids after teaching disgusting kindergarteners all year, Harley would never understand. Seemed like an awful lot of...work.

Ms. Sugar grabbed the book and grinned at the cover. "Ah, this one was always your favorite!"

"Mine too!" Lacey piped up, which resulted in a dark scowl from her friend. "Well, it was."

"Uh huh..." Harley muttered as she scanned the snack table and waited for the moment when her mom wasn't looking. She never did get to finish that cereal....

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  14. lixAxil

"Hmm?" mumbled a woman who happened to be close to that group in the library. Her eye fixed on Lacey and then Harley...

Aren't those popular figures of this town? Wondered the woman while trying to recall their names.

Anyway... a librarian job is to spread the joy of reading through the young population, even if they're dangerous! Thought at the same moment a smile drew on her face.

She made her desicion and walked toward the group expecting to help them, they were close to Tifanny, a person who caught the interest of the woman at first sight.

In real the woman wasn't a librarian, yet since 6 months she offered to help in the library and was accepted, her cheerful personality made her gain a quick acceptance and popularity within the personal and people who came, and moreover her bizarre appearance.

Wearing a black light garment with short sleeeves and long white gloves, a long skirt coloured in black and white and displaying a gold necklace with a raibow coloured crystal in the middle, that already revealed the class of this person, who even despite that played a humble role at the library. Yet what stood most was her face. A long black and beautiful hair and half framed glasses covering two different coloured eyes; one had a gold iris, while the other countered it with a red iris; both abnormal and as if that were not to be enough, one of her eyes was crossed by a big vertical scar, yet even with that her physique was remarkeable beautiful, giving her a mature and elegant air. Her true age was unknown as she didn't like to reveal it, but by appearance one could estimate between 30 and 40 years.

"Hello Tiffany!" exclaimed the woman. "And hello to you" said to the group of teenagers. "Can I be of any help?"

15. Exzalia

"Okay we dropped off the book, good. Wahooo, hurray, yipeee, three cheers and what not...now. Can we please get back to the issue of Shep wanting to kill us all? Including Harely?"

She said that last part loud enough for Tiffany to hear, praying the woman was at least more sensible than her duaghter. And by the looks of things...it would be one more unanswered prayer to add to a long long list.

16. JessWrite

Ms. Sugar gasped at Anita's statement and her gaze snapped to Harley.

"What?!" she shouted. "What does she mean someone is trying to kill you?!"

"Just some stupid guy." Harley said through a mouthful of chips that she'd snagged from the table. "Shep Nelson...him."

Tiffany stared at Harley for a moment, then nodded. "Oh, okay...I'll handle it."

Stepping to the side, she set down the book onto the nearest chair and went back to pouring another cup of punch. While doing so, she sent a smile to the woman who'd walked in.

"Hi!" she said happily. "They're fine, Harley brought them along when she dropped that book off for me." Tiffany beamed a bigger grin. "Isn't that sweet?"

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  17. lixAxil

"Harley?" said the woman and then her eyes fixated on the girl. A deep and strong glance, so strong that it seemd as it inmediatly pierced through the soul and drawn it upon her.

So this is Harley

"I think is the first time I've ever seen you. I'm sadly never here when your mother sent you on an errand" said making a forced sad face as if this were to be a teathrical act.

"Nice to meet you. I'm a volunteer here! you can call me Anne. Do you happen to be an avid reader? the world of literature is an amazing place!" said with a big grin.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  18. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Woodrow and Dexter sat in the parking lot of the downtown library, both looking in the direction of the doors. Woodrow half-expected someone to start shooting them right then and there but as of yet he hadn't seen any suspicious characters aside from Dexter himself. "You realize that she works there right? If she spots you, she'll recognize you instantly."

"Good." Dexter said calmly. "I wasn't planning for it any other way."

"You want her to know you're alive?" He asked incredulously. "You sure that's smart?"

"Probably not." Dexter admitted. "But you think she'd open fire on me around toddlers and random people?" He asked. "Do you think she has a gun?"

"This is Trisha we're talking about. She shoots kids for a living. I'm ninety-nine percent sure she still carries a gun."

"She shot kids and a lot of people for a living sixteen years ago." Dexter pointed out. "Perhaps she mellowed out more. I haven't kept my eye on her as much as I have Harley and everyone else. She's to...sharp." He hummed. "Shit, I guess it ain't so bad. I think I can convince her not to attack."

"Maybe you should stay in the car while I go inside. What were you going to do anyway?"

"Talk to her." Dexter gave a ghost of a smile. "I need to talk to her about the kid."

"Don't suppose it's the sort of message I could relay."

"To hell with that." Dexter spat. "You're ass isn't getting his head bit off by that mantis and I do mean that literally. I wouldn't put eating heads past her."

"And I don't want her shooting into a roomful of kids and innocents just to kill you. So, how about we come up with an idea that keeps everyone from getting killed. Like, luring her outside. Perhaps pull a fire alarm or something."

"That could work." He replied. "A bit childish though don't you think?"

"Maybe. But if it saves lives." Woodrow smiled. He got out of the car and crossed the street, heading towards the library.

19. lixAxil

The car that stoped outside the library caught the attention of Anne who curiously headed to check not before leaving a note to Tiffany, with a single message.

Do you need help with Shep?

She excused to the group and checked the door meeting with Woodrow.
    "What do we have here? aren't you a handsome one?" flirted with a smile
    "Do you need any help, some book in particular I'll be happy to help you" said welcoming the man

Seems you hit the jackpot this time thought the woman

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  20. lixAxil

ignore post

21. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"What do we have here? aren't you a handsome one?" flirted with a smile
    "Do you need any help, some book in particular I'll be happy to help you"

"I...uh..." Woodrow stuttered, taken aback by the women before him. Her eyes were startling. One red and one gold. Like beautiful gems accentuating her lovely face and causing the scar over her eye to be nearly non-existent. "Um....I need..." C'mon, Woodrow think. He blinked. Right. Trisha. "The fire alarm. I thought I some smoke coming out of the back of the building. Please, excuse me." He said skirting around her.

lixAxil likes this.
  22. lixAxil

"Fire alarm? Smoke?" wondered the woman....

Do we have a fire alarm....? thought confused

Oh I got it, a metaphor, this man is the romantic kind! concluded while putting her right fist into her left palm.

"Yeah I feel the fire also, would you like to....... Heeey were are you going?" exclaimed as soon as Woodrow went to check the building.

23. Kingtype

Waiting......

What the hell was taking him so long? Dexter sighed as he shoved a cigarette between his lips. He was longer overdue for one anyway. He hadn't tasted sweet nicotine queen’s delight since his time has Hank Hill

And besides with as long as Mr. Clean is taking he’ll blow through his entire pack.

Dexter’s eyes closed as he lit the cigarette.

What will she do? Woodrow was probably right, he’d probably be shot dead by that bitch before he could even warn her.

Oh well.

She’d already failed at blowing out his brains once and knowing the close calls he’s had he wouldn’t be surprised if she failed at taking is life again. Just as long as the kid was well looked after and dear Trisha kept her eyes open for danger so she could take care of it.

Dexter snorted as he leaned forwards pressing his palm up against the dashboard.

......dammit

What the hell was taking him so long?

Uggggh!!

24. lixAxil

"Soo.... we'll stop by McDonalds or Burger King?, Oh! how about KFC, long time since I had a chicken of those, what is your fav Jess?" asked the girl to her "companion"

Jessica led the way to her car, and, in a swift motion, undid the cuffs and slapped them on Marie's, forcing the girls arms behind her back, then pushed her into the back of the car. Jess slams the car shut, and gets in the front seat, starting it.
    "Extra crispy or regular?" she asked.

"Who the fuck asks for regular when there is crispy?" asked the girl trying to find the more comfortable position.

As the car moved she looked bored through the small gap of window she was allowed to have.... and after a few minutes she smiled.

"Do you happen to have Queen on the radio?, you could put Another one bites the dust, love that song!" said while moving to the opposite side of the driver.

At that moment a black without a plate showed, the driver a white man with sunglasses dressed on black, appeared in the distance, without any warning it violently rammed against Jess's car, impacting the driver's side opposite to the spot Marie moved to.

Jessica clenched her teeth, and sped up, watching the car behind her. Rolling down one window, she slammed on her brakes to get behind the car. She pulled out her gun and fired off a couple rounds at the car.

The wheel of the vehicle exploded making it lost balance and heading toward a fence to crash.
    Yet it wasn't alone, several vehicles started showing from different corners, being driven by a wide variety of characters. From the windows of a car a casual dressed man with a gun fired at the wheels of Jessica's vehicle, the same done by another, yet despite the violent method, the men were carefull enough to not shoot the car in any part that could potentially made it burn. A third man aimed its gun toward the driver seat, a chaotic symphony of bullets flying in the middle of the city all while Marie crouched trying to avoid any possible collateral damage.

"Police won't com..." she mumbled in the middle of the gunfire, " they made sure they won't.... you're not dealing with low level shit like Shep this time."

Jessica grit her teeth and slammed one of the cars into the side of the road, glancing around. She swore under her breath, and turned sharply so that she had turned around. She hit the gas and went off road, the car jumping and bumping. She glanced through the trees, trying to find a way to escape... and came out the other side, onto the road, the library down the street. She drove over and stopped the car, quickly getting out Marie.
    "We're going inside."

"Heeeeey, this is not McDonalds.... Library huh? nope, don't like this place" said the girl trying her best to pull Jessica on the other direction.
    "Heeeeeey!! I'm here!" exclaimed seeking help.

Jessica took her pistol and slammed it against Marie's head, stunning her. She grabbed the girl and ran into the library, managing to pull out her badge on the way.
    "Private Investigator," Jessica said. "Some people are chasing me, trying to get this girl. She's a criminal and is being investigated. Please, lend me a hand."

Anne felt a bit frustrated as soon as Jessica interrupted her chatting with Woodrow, yet she maintained her composture as the librarian!!! (helper)
    "Hello, what's the problem?" asked and then she looked at the girl.

"Oh!... that's a nice hair, she doesn't seem the criminal type to me, what did she did officer?" asked Anne.

"No time for that Anne... we gotta call the police if what the officer says is true!" exclaimed one of the workers in the place.

"Yeah right!" exclaimed Anne as if she were to suddenly came out from a trance. She then checked the window.

"I don't see any suspicious car.... Oh.... that one!.... guy's been parked for a while already!" said regarding the car she noticed earlier with Dexter inside.

25. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Lincoln was sitting in the bathtub is his suite, with a hot washcloth over his eyes trying to ignore the all encompassing throb behind his eyes. He had woken up, tripped over an empty bottle of Jack Daniels, and then vomited all over the anteroom of his hotel.
    Now, he was in the tub while some poor mexican maid had to clean up his bile. He could hear her gagging and cursing in spanish through the door. It made him feel bad. But feeling anything made his headache worse, so he stopped that quickly.

Suddenly he felt like someone was drilling into his skull with a dull food processor. He put his hand to his temple, and sighed in relief as the sensation passed. Half a second later, it started again, and he doubled forward, letting the washcloth fall off his eyes.

Then his fogged mind finally processed that it was his phone buzzing on the vanity. He sword, then fumbled for it, nearly dropping it into the tub water before finally getting it open and to his ear.

"Lincoln Alle-- Anderson," he grunted out.

"Hey buddy!" Doc's cheery voice greeted. "Its me Doc, anyway for us to meet? Important business my friend."

"Oh fu- I mean. I haven't done anything with the... Um... Shit. What?" he blurted out, not having fully understood what Doc said. He had nearly panicked thinking that Doc was going to want his money back, but then slowly processed that the man sounded fairly cheerful. "Sorry, bad connection."

Doc raised his voice. "I said can you meet with me? I need to introduce you to someone."

Lincoln was silent for a moment. Something about this seemed wrong, or stupid, or stupid like there was no point. But he was too hungover, or possibly still drunk, to care. "Alright," he said finally. "Where and when? Tell the time and place and I'll be there."

"Wonderful." Mr.Bad tan replied. "Be at the Public Library in ten minutes."

Twenty seven minutes later Lincoln pulled into the library parking lot. Dark sunglasses covering his bleary, puffy eyes, as he got out and stepped closer to a waiting Doc.

"Hey, whats up Doc," he said, fully aware of the reference.