1. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

Editing Service

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Myopic Chihuahua, Jan 26, 2008.

Hey all... I just wanted to tell you about a good experience I just had with an editing service. My MS is about halfway done and I just wanted to have a professional edit on it so I could see what I needed to work on as I continued.

They first provided a sample edit of my work (two samples, two different sections of the MS). I liked what they did and the price ($.013 per word).

So, I sent it back and they edited the rest. It was sent back to me a week later and the edits were great. They also provide feeback. For example: This section could use a little more description. Or, this would be a great place to describe this more.

Very professional. I am really happy with it.

The site is: www.firstediting.com

2. Hulk

Hulk Banned

I just saw your post in General writing, and i would like to ask that if the ms is half done and amounts to about 14,000 words, then the completed will be about 30,000 maximum?
    If you're not wanting to get published then its ok, but then why would you have it edited at your own expense? Therefore, i'm assuming that you're hoping to publish it, but you'll have a hard time as not many novella markets are there. So i'm advising that you should ask maia or ervin to guide you through when your ms is completed.

3. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

I am only about half way done. I am writing for middle grade which usually runs about 20,000 - 40,000 words. I am shooting for 40,000 to 50,000 words. Since I am nearing the halfway mark of 20,000 or so I wanted to get a feel for how the novel was going... and what I could improve on.

Maia is absolutely wonderful but she doesn't assist with anything that has any violent content whatsoever. She has already taken a look at some of my novel and given some feedback (this was before she knew that later on a beast was killed).

Thanks for the advice!

4. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Have you posted your novel here in writingforums? I'd like to take a look at it.

5. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

I have posted it but that is not the latest version. I have made a ton of changes to it since then. Today I actually reposted chapter 1, but I haven't gotten around to fixing the other chapters. I could send it to you if you like? Or if you would like to take a look at chapter 1 (I will work on getting the others updated tonight) it is here: Writing Forums

And, thanks again for the advice. I really want all the help I can take :)

6. Hulk

Hulk Banned

I'll take a look at your novel.

7. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

Thank you! I have all chapters updated now. :)

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

no one should post an entire work, or sale of first rights will be compromised... if the writer hopes to sell the work, only a brief excerpt should be posted on any site...

9. Myopic Chihuahua

Myopic Chihuahua Banned

I definitely have not posted my entire work and absolutely will not. :)

Thanks!