1. Ghosts in Latin

Ghosts in Latin New Member

Writing for money (freelance writing, perhaps)...

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Ghosts in Latin, Jul 18, 2012.

Hello.

I'm looking to begin freelance writing. I've searched around Google, and am having trouble discerning the legitimate websites from the fraudulent ones—would someone be so kind as to help me? Yes, I know I won't make money for a long time. No, I'm not expecting a quick cash-cow. Yes, I understand it takes much work and, unless one is steady, consistent, and determined, there will be little fruit to harvest.

I'm just looking for a good place to start (from, preferably, people who have already started). Any tips would also be appreciated. Thanks much to anyone who takes the time to respond.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

in addtion to mentoring aspiring writers for free, i also take on fee-paying clients whose works need editing, rewriting, and even ghostwriting... if this is something you are interested in doing, you can email me for info or help [the free kind]...

i don't know what kind of websites you're referring to, but if it's the so-called job-finding ones, i don't think that's the way to go, if you want to make a living at freelancing...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com