Ellements You Don't Consider Useful or Important in Story Writing

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Cacian, Dec 30, 2011.

1. AmsterdamAssassin

AmsterdamAssassin Active Member

As far as I can determine from Cacian's posts, inoffensive stories about non-specific relationships with bland prose unlikely to stir up emotions.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

...thus, unlikely to be of interest to agents/publishers/readers, as well...

3. Cacian

Cacian Banned

I have read a few of your posts now and I would love to know what kind of stories you are trying to write?
    I try and write stories that have nothing to do with real life.
    My stories are modelled on people and life experiences but they are the perfect opposites.

4. huskies

huskies Member

Sorry Cacian i really dont understand what you mean?

You try to write about things that have nothing to with real life yet are concerned about being politically correct or offending people. How can you offend people if your not writting about life? and how can you draw on people and life experiences if your not writting about real life.

Im really confused have you been published at all do you have examples of your writting online at all?

5. AmyS

AmyS New Member

Changing the rules won't make writing any more comfortable, or easier, for you. I know this because I was once like you.

6. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Yes I have few examples of what I mean but you might not understand it at all but I will attempt to show you here

https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=47861

I am however still clearing ideas in my head as I go along to find my style.
    I like to reaserch ideas and think about about how I am going to write, in otherwise who I am as a writer, before I indulge in writings.
    I write a lot of poetry because it is easier for me to excute because I write in English as part my learning of English.

7. Cacian

Cacian Banned

If I do not adapt to myself and what I wish to write then I cannot be 100 percent faithful to my writing.
    In other words I could not write.
    In being different I am pulling myself of the usual which is not exciting for me.
    The reason why I prefer my ideas is because they are not out there.
    One must yes learn from others but one must also be original to one'seld.
    That is what imagination is about personal to the individual and not others.

8. AmsterdamAssassin

AmsterdamAssassin Active Member

Do you intend to publish your writing commercially, or do you write just for fun?

9. AmyS

AmyS New Member

Your ideas are out there. They have been for a long time.

Twain, Steinbeck, Lee (Harper), and Salinger fans work hard to ensure that future imagination is not shackled any further.

10. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I think part of the problem is that you - like so many others - wish to break the rules before you fully understand them. This leads not to innovation but confusion.

11. iabanon

iabanon New Member

EVERYTHING is important. You're building a world inside your reader's minds. Unless you want to write for five year olds.