Tags:
  1. Aceldama

Aceldama Active Member

Espionage

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Aceldama, Dec 4, 2019 at 11:30 PM.

I'm at a chapter in my novel where a character needs to access a building littered with security cameras. No guard posts but guards monitering the video feed in a security room.

I really sort of despise when writers ask how to write something in THEIR own book. I'm rarely at a loss for creative solutions or ideas but I just don't have the knowledge base for this one.

If it comes down to it I'll be able to make something happen (plan on doing some research into disabling electronics shortly) but I would like to hear any suggestions or ideas that I may be able to tweak or format for this chapter.

2. Madman

Madman Active Member

What access to information does your character have? Does he/she know their maintenance routines? Can he/she just walk straight in with a wax mask dressed up in a suit or maintenance overalls and just blend in?
    Can he/she use a virus or something to take out their camera network?

How long does the character have to plan the action? Can they apply for a job onsite as security beforehand?
    Can they bribe someone already on the inside?
    Set off fire alarms and arrive as one of the firefighters?
    Forge government documents that give them access?

3. Aceldama

Aceldama Active Member

Well, I started the scene with her basically dressed for infiltration. Outside the building late at night. She aquired a pass to get into the building, it's just the security cameras. I can do a rewrite where she goes through something more elaborate but as she is she's set as extremely mentally unstable so I don't see her making the time for too elaborate a plot.

I'm seriously thinking about having her go straight chaff grenade like in metal gear lol.

4. EFMingo

EFMingo A Nefarious Flamingo Contributor

If she's so mentally unstable, wouldn't she just go in guns blazing? That would kind of fit the bill of her character better maybe. I don't know. Maybe take a few crazy friends with her? Does she particularly care for any reason about being seen or caught?

5. Aceldama

Aceldama Active Member

She cares as far as not being able to help her comatose husband. She has reason to believe that the building shes breaking into houses a cure.