Tags:
  1. Zeppo595

Zeppo595 Contributor Contributor

Essays with humour

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Zeppo595, Aug 21, 2020.

Hi,

Was just wondering if 'funny' essays can be posted in the humor and satire section? Or whether they must be posted in 'essays.'

Thank you!

Zeppo

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

whichever fits them best

3. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Well, what's the primary goal of the essay? To inform the reader while using humor as a medium to move the reader forward in the discussion, or to provide a means of entertainment in a satirical method through the medium of an essay, or something else? It can be a mixture of both, and likely either would work.

4. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

I'd post the essay in one place, and post the URL of the location in the other place for those who might want to follow up on it.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

we kinda prefer people not do that - otherwise the forum would be inundated with link posts saying 'see my post here'...

Komposten likes this.
  6. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

I see the problem. But I thought that was for external links, not internal ones. My bad.

7. big soft moose

we don't allow bare external links for a different reason (around protecting the community and stopping the posting of inappropriate content)

the issue with internal links is not whether they are bare or not, just that we don't want pages filled up with useless puff like posts saying "Hey I posted this in GW"