Evil Characters

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by MilesTro, Apr 16, 2013.

1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Let's not talk about any more horror characters because we know that most oif them win in the ending. How about super villains?

2. Xatron

Xatron New Member

What about them?

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Never mind.

How about we stick to my scenario about humans coexisting with aliens. If the aliens treat the human with respect, what would be a logical reason for the anti-hero to go terrorist on the aliens?

4. Xatron

Xatron New Member

You are not making sense most of the time. Your original post had nothing to do with aliens or reasonings or anything. If you want to ask for opinions on an idea of yours, post it in the writing workshop.

And just for argument's sake, if the aliens treat the humans with respect, you would not have a setting because neither one of your heroes would have any reason to be a hero.

That is the definition of a hero once again. No danger/adversity-no hero.

5. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Where can I post a plot of my story in the writing workshop section?

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Plots are not critiquable. If you will absolutely die unless you collect approval for your story concept, post it in you member blog.

Or write the actual story, and post THAT for critique.

7. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Ok, but I am working on War Beast right now.

8. sanco

sanco New Member

So... you basically want us to do all the thinking for your story?

Why don't we do that when you get to it. I mean, a forum isn't the best place to brainstorm and bounce ideas off people. You're better off doing that in your writing classes. When you actually start writing it, try your best to identify your problems and fix them; and then if you fail to do so, I wouldn't mind helping you out.

However, right now, the questions you're asking are very vague and open-ended "what-ifs". This is obviously because you haven't fleshed out your idea yet. It seems like you don't know exactly why you feel you need to tell this story either. You said you like to explore concepts and themes through your stories. What would you want to explore in this story? What are you trying to say/ask with this story? What does it mean to you? Ask yourself some questions before bombarding us with them.

With what you're asking us, the concepts YOU would want to explore may be neglected or lost by different members viewing your idea THROUGH THEIR OWN LENSES. It could be about ANYTHING. Right now we have... aliens, humans and slavery. It could be a love story between an alien and a human, it could be Django Unchained in space or it could be an epic adventure. It doesn't matter what we think about your idea. It matters what YOU think.

9. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Yeah, you're right. I guess I was trying to get some ideas from advises, but I need to think more on my own. Thanks.

However, I like the posts that tells me which books has evil main characters who wins. Let's stick to them.

10. Thornesque

Thornesque Senior Member

Well, if that's the case, you'd do well to start a conversation in the Book Discussions area of the forum to ask people if they have any such suggestions for you.

11. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

12. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

Take a look at independent eBook publishers rather than more mainstream book stores and you'll eventually find what you're searching for. Anything is easy to find when you know where to look.

13. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Thanks. Amazon.com is a good start.