Eximius Grygla

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Earphone, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Liriope

Liriope was struggling to stay on his feet, so he slumped into a wing chair. When the ugly beast--Gehenna, as Evangeline called it--appeared and distributed the sniper assassin. He was out of his mind, plain and simple. Liriope actually felt pity for him, but then his fury returned, hot as fire and cold as a glacier. "What do we do with him?", Liriope barked, glowering at the guy as he rocked back and forth. "Maybe Gabe can read his mind...whatever is left of it anyway. Or that She skeleton-ghost-thing could posess him and extract some information. All I know is, we can't keep him here. He's not our problem." Liriope sounded completely absolute. He held no pity for the man who had tried to kill one of his new friends.

Aunt Nixes materialized next to him in a blaze of fuschia sparkles. She rest a hand onhis shoulder and said, "Good job, my boy, you did good. Now, don't over extended yourself. You've used enough energy for today--" Liriope interrupted his ghost aunt by raising his hand. "I know what I'm doing", he said in a low, dangerous whisper. Something had taken over him, he was too tired and angry to hear reason. Aunt Nixes didn't know what to do so she simply backe dup and vanished in a dazzling whirlwind of sparkles. "I'll be nearby...", her warbly voice whispered out of thin air. Liriope stared straight ahead and did not answer.

2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Gabriel Reeve

Gabe returned to his body and watched the owl shake itself before leaping off of Liriope's shoulder and to the floor near him.

"Maybe Gabe can read his mind...whatever is left of it anyway. Or that She skeleton-ghost-thing could posess him and extract some information. All I know is, we can't keep him here. He's not our problem." Gabe's mouth pinched as he looked at the snyper. He didn't recognize the man -so no information there.

"He might be a new recruite hired to kill me and mistook you for me when you stood by the window." he mumbled, and rubbed a his head with his good hand, "And I'm not exactly in the best shape to deal with insanity -not when my powers pull memories that stay permanently in my mind." Gabriel made a face at the idea and turned his attention to the owl, which was looking at everyone with huge eyes. The bird had very large talons for its species, and grey feathers flecked with black besides its snow-white belly.

"Trooo." it hooted, and Gabe's jaw dropped, before he burst out laughing.

3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Shyla Anderson

(About 10 minutes before the sniper attack)
    Dr. Eva’s cold demeanor combined with the ‘She’s black eyes and disturbing features freaked Shyla out enough that she finally left the room. Let Eva deal with that creature. I need to call Uncle and let him know about my new phone. Shyla found a quiet spot in an old bedroom. The curtains were covered in the dust and bedspread full of holes. After wiping off an old chair she sat down and called her Uncle’s cellphone.

It rang three times before he picked up. “Hello?”
    “Uncle Walter, It’s me Shy.”
    “Shy…where are you calling from? Are you ok?”
    “Yeah, I’m fine…I’m with a group of new friends.” She hesitated unsure if she should continue. “They’re like me.”
    “You mean…with abilities? Like yours?”
    “No. Not like mine. They’re all different. One can control water, another an energy type shield…there’s even a person with crazy earth powers and another that can generate electricity…but I don’t think he can teleport like me.” Uncle Walter was silent for a moment as he thought over what Shy had said.

“Be careful not to touch that electricity person. We have no idea what it might do to you.”
    “I will. Oh…and uh, I might be needing another regulator soon.”
    “WHAT!? I gave that one to you this morning. It should have lasted at least 12 days.”
    Shy grimaced at the sound of disappointment and worry in her Uncle’s voice.

“Shy? How many times have you teleported today?”
    Shyla grimaced again and twiddled her thumbs. “Um…about 9 times.” She bit her lip worried about his response. The line was quiet for so long she was about to ask if he was still there but then Uncle Walter spoke up again.
    “And how are you doing? Have you had any seizures?”
    Shy shifted in her seat, “A few. One was pretty bad. Dr. Eva saw me. But…” She added quickly, “She promised not to say anything. Doctor/patient confidentiality sort of thing.”
    “That’s not what I’m worried about. You could’ve killed yourself teleporting that many times.”

Shyla rolled her eyes and sighed inwardly, but she knew he was right. “I know…but some of them were emergencies. Like there was lady and she was about to hang herself and so I went in her house and teleported her to safety. But…then she got mad and destroyed my cellphone…thus why I’m calling on a new line. Which she bought for me as a sorry by the way.”
    “Oh, Shy…” Shyla could almost hear her Uncle shaking his head on the other line.
    “Just…be careful, alright? You’re the only niece I have. I don’t want to lose you.”

Shyla suddenly stood and went to look out the dark window. “I won’t be for long.”
    “Huh?”
    “Mom…mom’s pregnant.” She frowned. “I just found out today.”
    “That’s great news, Shy! You’re going to be an older sister!”
    “But I don’t want to be an older sister!” She whined. “Mom and dad barely have enough time for me as it is, not that I care,…but what if the kid has abilities…like me? Am I supposed to train him...or her...or whatever?” She groaned in frustration. “I was about to get on with my life and now I’m going to be stuck taking care of a younger sibling…it’s not fair!”

Shyla knew she was acting like a total brat…but at the moment she didn’t care. She just needed someone to vent to and she knew her Uncle was always there to listen.
    “Oh...dear Shyla.” She could hear him chuckling quietly on the other end. “I think you need some rest. Things will seem better in the morning.”
    “Uh huh.” Shy replied in disbelief.
    “Come by my place tomorrow sometime. I’ll have another regulator ready for you. And we can talk more then if you need.”
    “K. Love you, Uncle Walter…and thanks.”
    “You’re welcome, Shy. Be safe…and don’t ever teleport so many times in such a short period of time ever again…you hear me?”
    “Yup. Night.” Shy hung up the phone and slipped it in her pocket. She felt better after having talked to him but still. She rubbed her face. He was probably right. She just needed a good night’s sleep. Shy began to walk out of the room when she heard the sound of a gun shot.

----------------------------------------

"I can kill the sniper if you can at least figure out his location. The plan is simple Shyla will warp me to his very position, I will take care of the rest." Sheena pulled out two black daggers for emphasis.

"Where is he?"

“I think it would be safer for us all to remain inside,” Eva replied. “And Shyla should refrain from using her ability unless absolutely necessary. We all should. I’ll take care of the sniper; just be patient.”
    Shy gave Eva a look of thanks. She was worried about what might happen if she teleported again before her body had time to reset to it's normal electricty levels.

A few seconds later her pet came inside with a mentally broken man. Apparently the sniper. It was the most disturbing thing she had ever seen, his eyes vacant and his body shivering like a baby's. What was worse...Eva didn't seem bothered at all. As if this sort of thing had happened before.

“But he’s no use to us now. Go find another, if there are more. And don’t drag them through the shadow realm next time.”

Another? How many were out there? Who were they? Were they the men in black suits these people had been telling them about?

4. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Camille and Ben: Puddle

"Oh...hey guys. What's goin' on?" Baley said casually.

"Just a snipers and the usual. Between Liriope and Eva, they seem to have the situation under control." Camille said, catching sight of the muddy water covering the floor. "One couldn't say the same for you."

She bounced up like coiled spring, forcing Baley back as she opened the bathroom door. She had three inches of height and surprise on her side, as she pushed the younger girl back. "Ben..."

Officer Hanson was back on his feet. "Now what?" He groaned, following Camille's voice to the open bathroom door.

"Shit. What happened?" He demanded as he waded through the water to the shut off valve. Quickly he stemmed the tide, but the water was still nearly ankle deep around Baley and Camille. He didn't say anything, knowing Camille would just ignore him. He let her go. She could get this mess cleaned up faster than just about anyone.

Her drenched sandals flashed through the puddle, casting water every which way. One quick fluid twist, pulled the entire mess into the air forming a neatly condensed sphere. Ben ducked into the tub. Baley got a splash square in the face as Camille maneuvered the orb through the door and down the steps. Carefully, she retraced her steps to the parlor and cast the watery mess through the hole in the wall. Blowing out a sharp breath, she froze the water into a treacherous sheet of ice leading up to the hole.

"Well, no one will be expecting that." She said, sprinting back up the stairs.

Ben was sitting on the top step when she returned. She settled next to as her knees shimmered with a renew seepage of blood. "Together for the long haul?" He asked quietly.

Camille didn't mistake his meaning. "The long haul, where ever it leads." She replied and then kissed him. The rest of the world could go to hell for just a few minutes...

5. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Teddy Jones

“Maybe Gabe can read his mind...whatever is left of it anyway. Or that She skeleton-ghost-thing could possess him and extract some information.”

Teddy entered the room from the hallway, footsteps slow, shoulders loose and arms behind his back.

“Should we not just search his body? Or is that too old fashioned?” He smirked, looking down at the shriveled piece of filth staining the rug. A quick boot to the stomach, just to ensure that this rat wouldn’t try anything too soon. And one across the face.

He reached down to the pockets pulling all manner of items out; paper; a wallet; a phone.

“Now... that’s an interesting find.” The black brick glistened in the fire light. Here was Pandora’s box waiting to be opened.

Flicking through the cell, Teddy found one text of intrigue. Boss. Hit up Berkley Store. Go dark 21:00.

“What do you think of this doctor?” He threw the phone to Eva, hoping her methodical head would bring calm reasoning.

6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Baley Warsaw

"Perfect..." Baley muttered as she stood over the sink, squeezing muddy water from her hair. She was grateful that Camille had saved the day, but her anger was still prominent and being covered in her own dirt didn't help.

Raising her head, Baley cringed when she got a good look in the mirror. Streaks of brown ran down her cheeks, her hair looked like a dishrag, and her tight frown remained. Rubbing her eye with the corner of her sleeve, Baley walked out of the bathroom to find a towel. Instead she stumbled upon Camille and Ben...being lovers.

Awkward to level twelve, Baley thought as turned to the right. But at least there were no questions asked...no scolding...

She found the linen closet at the end of the hall and pulled out a large yellow towel. Hugging it close to her chest, she turned on her heel and marched back to the bathroom. When she arrived, again she had to sidestep Camille and Ben relaxing on the stairs. Interrupting wasn't usually her thing, but she felt the need to say something. She couldn't just let it slide like they had.

"I just wanna thank ya'll for the help," Baley said, averting her eyes. "And, sorry about that..."

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Liriope

Liriope ignored Baley's apology, and said aloud, "We need to stop babbling and make a battle plan. Those dudes with guns are outside still, somewhere. Are we gonna stand around and wait for 'em? Or storm outside and hunt the bastards?" He was still trembling from using so much energy. His nails had yellowed and he was as pale as a ghost all over. There was the white curl in his hair that hadn't been here before and the hairs on his arms and legs were snowy white. But his milky white eyes were bright and determined, evne though it was hard to tell exactly what he was looking at.

8. SocksFox

Camille and Ben: Open Door

I just wanna thank ya'll for the help," Baley said, averting her eyes. "And, sorry about that..."

Camille went pink and quickly disappeared down the hall to cool her overheated cheeks. Crap... She slammed the warped door shut and landed on the dusty carpet with a thump. How had everything gotten so screwed up? Was this some weird hallucination?

She pressed her fingers to her lips, still warm from Ben. No hallucination. This was real and the timing was deplorable. Ben was right, she really had no sense whatsoever.

Meanwhile, Ben scowled at Baley as he watched Camille flee. Damn kids. He heard one of the bedroom doors slam. Slowly he got to his feet and followed Camille.

Camille nearly jumped out of her skin when Ben knocked. "Cam, talk to me. Please."

"Why?"

"I need to know that you're okay."

Camille's laugh was nearly hysterical. "I just kissed my best friend, saw a man shot by a sniper, put out a fire, and nearly bled out twice today. And don't forget that I'm being hunted by a no name agency for my freakish abilities...Does that sound okay to you, Benjamin Hanson?"

Ben sat down with his back propped against the door. "No. But it's not all bad."

The back of Camille's head thumped softly against the door. "I don't know what to do, Ben. Everything is backwards."

He heard the catch in her voice. "We'll figure this out."

"How? Nothing will ever be the same again." She said.

"I'm all right with that." Ben fired back. "I've spent the last eight years trying to get to this point."

"Talking through a door?" A trace of humor ran through the words. "You really do have issues."

"Only with you, Camille Mae." He grumbled.

9. JessWrite

Baley Warsaw

Baley felt her blood pressure rise under the scowl of Officer Hanson. When Ben disappeared after Camille, she disappeared to the bathroom. Again.

"Fine then, don't ask if I'm alright. It's not like I almost drowned or nothin'. Go on and worry about your love life that I apparently intruded on..." Baley whispered to her reflection as she wiped her face clean. While she was at it, she dipped her head beneath the faucet and rinsed through her hair.

After wringing out her ash blonde locks for a second time, she leaned against the sink counter with a heavy sigh. This whole day was ridiculous. She wouldn't be surprised if she woke up the next morning to find that it had all been in her head. But she knew that couldn't be the case. Not in a million years would she think up folks as weird as her.

Grudgingly, Baley exited the bathroom. She couldn't hide anymore, no matter how much she wanted to. Throughout her time alone she'd found herself wondering if Ina was okay. Camille had said something about a sniper attack. Baley sent a glare down the hall and then descended the steps two at a time.

She heard Liriope's voice mixed with the others as she drew nearer to where everyone lingered. Some were hovered over a guy laying on the floor. He didn't look like he was breathing. Baley pushed the thought aside as she brushed her fingers through her wet strands, scanning the room for the familiar face of Ina.

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Liriope

Through Liriope's angry daze, he somehow sensed Baley enter the room. She looked sort of wet. "What's up with her?", Liriope grumbled, temporarily distracted from the brain-dead dude on the ground. "Oh, Ben got her upset, she interupted their lover's rendesvouz", Aunt Nixes' voice whispered near his ear. Liriope couldn't help but sigh and roll his eyes--his aunt was as much a busybody as she was when she was living.

Liriope grunted as he pulled himself up and he shuffled over to Baley. As he walked, he could feel Aunt Nixes' presence right behind him in case he stumbled. Nixes is a great guardian angel, Liriope thought wryly. I should tell her that. Nah, 'cause then she'd never leave, heh heh... He reached Baley and tried to smile, but his cracked and dry lips hurt too much. His filmy all-white eyes stared out at her--anyone looking at him would think he was blind or wearing creepy Holloween contacts. He swept back his bangs with the new white streak from too much power-using.

"So, Baley", Liriope said, his voice crackly. "Lemme guess, Ben and Camille upset you, eh? I tried to make peace with them, but it seems they haven't changed. They're too wrapped up in each other to notice anything else..." He stopped and stared at a spot over Baley's shoulder, as if he lost his train of thought. His eyes refocused on Baley after a long moment. "Uhhh... So. Yeah. you lookin' for Ina, I presume?" He tried to crack his old, lopsided grin, but it came out all wrong. He was definitely off his game.

11. SocksFox

Ben and Camille: Mirror Mirror

"Shouldn't you be helping out downstairs?" Camille asked, still propped against the door.

"Why?" Ben inquired reasonably, a reflection on the opposite side. "They have enough Exceptionals down there to keep order. And as it has already been pointed out, I'm no Exceptional."

"How do you know?" She demanded.

That caught Ben by surprise. "What do you mean, how do I know?"

"Your eyes change color." Camille said. "They shift from blue to silver. Mine change color, too, when I use my abilities. It happens with most of us."

"Did you hit your head on the tub this afternoon, Cam?"

"I'm not dreaming, Ben. I know what I saw." She shot back. "Somehow you ended up here with us, and I don't think it was an accident."

"I'm here because of you, Camille. Period." He said. But her words unsettled him.

"So where do we go from here?" She asked, her voice muffled by the door.

"How about you open the door, Cam?" He prodded gently.

"Back to back, they faced each other..." She said as she pulled the door open nearly knocking Ben flat with the suddenness of the move.

He laughed, knowing the old rhyme well. "Drew their swords and shot one another."

"Come on. Let's get back to the others." Ben said, catching hold of her hand. "Baley's pissed we didn't give her a play by play, by the way."

Camille paused. "We didn't see much more than anyone else and Gabe going to be fine. Besides, Albrite has her pet on the loose. In all honesty, what is she expecting, a You are Here sign? This thing has thrown us all for a loop. Excuse me for wanting to get my priorities sorted out."

He sighed. "She's also in this on her own. Ina, too."

Empathy and guilt chewed at Camille. "And I have you to fall back on." Ben simply nodded as they retraced their steps back down the stairs.

12. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Eva: forget the Alamo! They died.

“What do you think of this doctor?” Teddy said, tossing the sniper’s cell phone to Eva.

The doctor examined the text on the screen: Boss. Hit up Berkley Store. Go dark 21:00.

A quick check of her watch revealed that they had “gone dark” about ten minutes ago, shortly before the first shot rang out. Whatever mission this man was carrying out, it was probably still underway… unless he and/or his accomplices aborted.

But she could sense Gehenna weaving around outside, stalking prey. Although Eva had no way of knowing what the creature was seeing, hearing, or feeling, his movements were enough to tell her there were multiple targets out there.

They didn’t call off the mission. We’re still in danger, Eva realized. She wished she could tell Gehenna to stop toying around and kill them, but she knew it would be futile. She hadn’t turned him loose like this in a long time; he wouldn’t want the fun to end too soon.

“He didn’t come alone,” Eva said, returning the phone to Teddy. She turned her attention to everyone gathered there. “I’m not sure of their numbers, but my… ‘partner’ is attempting to get a headcount. Based on his movements, I think they have us slightly outnumbered and surrounded.

“Nevertheless, we still have the advantage,” she added with a slight grin, as if she were enjoying this. “Their numbers mean nothing if we bottleneck them. Stay away from the windows and guard the doors. If they want us, they’ll have to come and get us. When they do, we’ll turn every entrance into a killzone… but I'd like to take one or two alive and find out why they aren’t masked, like the men Lawrence described. Are we dealing with a separate faction or a new enemy entirely?”

Or was Lawrence mistaken, she added, in her mind. She also didn’t dismiss the possibility that he might have been outright lying…

“What do you think, Officer Hanson?” she asked, turning to face him as he and Camille joined the group. “You’re the one with combat experience, no? What do you suggest we do.”

She’d seen more than her fair share of violent situations, but, for his sake, Eva hoped the man had something to add… something that didn’t involve the Perrie girl. She had to know if he still had a firm grasp of the situation or if his mind had succumbed to... distractions.

13. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

Teddy Jones

“What do you suggest we do.”

Eva attempt for subtlety was not lost on Teddy, but right now he had no patience for it.

“I’m not sure Ben is the right man to be making suggestions.” He observed the officer’s eyes, each quick glance to Camille becoming more incessant. “Your head’s not in the game. And at this moment, we can’t afford mistakes.”

Teddy lent on the fireplace, while his stare seeped into the flames. What to do. What to do...

“I like your idea doctor, but I have two thoughts of my own.” A smile crept up. “One riskier than the other.”

“The first option is to run. We make for the cars before these agents get a chance to act, and find another spot. They won’t be near their vehicles so their would be little chance of being followed. Unless there are more.”

Teddy paused, and took in a deep breath, before facing the group. “Or there is the other idea. The foolish one, as many would probably suggest, but not without it’s merits. This building has electricity coursing through it, so I would charge up. Everyone else would make for the cars once more and drive a little down the road... to a safe distance.”

“I would then overcharge, pulling in too much power until I cannot control it. It would continue surging into me for a time, and then... Boom.”

“The static shockwave would kill anything with a pulse - Yes Gabe, including that pesky owl - and it would mean we can stay. The only downside is the fuse will be switched off. And Doc... you’re gonna need to be in here quick to check my vitals.”

14. JessWrite

Baley Warsaw

Baley crossed her arms as she studied the face of Liriope. His eyes were a different color with a distant look in them, his lips cracked, his face pale, and his whole demeanor gave off a bad vibe. What had happened to him?

"Lemme guess, Ben and Camille upset you, eh? I tried to make peace with them, but it seems they haven't changed. They're too wrapped up in each other to notice anything else..."

Baley sighed. "It's a long story not worthy to repeat. It's done and over." In the eyes of Camille and Ben that is. Yup never even happened, she thought as she did another quick sweep of the room. Ina obviously wasn't here with the action. Looking back to Liriope, her brow furrowed.

"Are ya feelin' alright, Liriope? You kinda look like ya need somethin' to drink," she said hesitantly. With being out in the field, day in and day out Baley knew chapped lips were a sign of dehydration. "But, uh, what exactly happened?" She suddenly felt out of the loop and when Eva mentioned killzones, she stiffened.

Dang it. Should've stayed in the bathroom... Baley shifted her feet nervously.

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Liriope

"But, uh, what exactly happened?"

"You probably knwo the sniper part", Liriope began. He licked his lips and winced from pain. "Anyway, Evangeline thinks there ar emor eof them out there, and so does my Gabe. I mean, he's not MY Gabe, he's all of our Gabe, but yeah. You know what I'm saying. Eh hem." He cleared his throat and a ruddy crimson color rose up his swanlike neck. "Now we don't know what to do with this slobbering guy that Eva infirmed with her ugly pet beastie, and we're making battle plans. As long as we're practical and guard all entrances, this should be a walk in the park. I could probably hold a shield at every window and door except for the front entrance and wait for them to come in there..." He trailed off, examining his thoughts and mulling them over.

When he looked back at Baley his milky eyes were tinted with a touch of cocoa brown. "I'm all right, to answer your other question", Liriope said. "I just...used too much energy. But I should recooperate enough to fight again in fifteen minutes or so. And yawh, I pro'ly should drink some water." But he didn't go get waer, he spaced out again and stared at the guy rocking on the floor, lost in thought.

16. SocksFox

Ben: A-Team

Ben's dark blue eyes flipped up to meet Eva's. "Sounds reasonable. Divide and conquer. It will also give the injured and non-lethals a chance to make a clean break to escape. Get Ina, Baley, Shyla, Liriope and Gabe out of the line of fire. Take the same way Lawrence used to get Ina here."

His gaze flicked over to Liriope knowing a protest would be forthcoming. "Ina and Baley trust you guys. Should something go south here, you'll be on hand to protect them. But it will also give you guys a chance to recoup, too."

Next he turned to Teddy. "Your plan while daring is a little risky. Can you try taking out individuals? Besides they know our cars by now. We'll have to find another mode of transport to the Cities."

He grinned at Liriope suddenly. "Feel up to a little auto theft?"

"Half of us can take the front, the others focus on the kitchen. Lawrence can show Ina and the others the way out. That leaves Roland and the mysterious She with us. Once this is done, we follow Liriope's group."

Ben paused, returning his attention to Eva. "Sound reasonable?"

17. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Liriope

Liriope was alreayd upset that Ben had done something to make Baley mad. Now he was giving orders and asking Eva if it was reaosnable, as if her opinion was the only one that mattered here. Sure, she was the most intelligent one there probably, but she was also a cold fish. She had no emotion, she didn't see things the way a regular human did, and that was a huge flaw. Liriope cleared his throat and walked up to Ben, staggering a little.

"I think splitting up is stupid", Liriope said calmly, his newly changed bright cocoa-brown eyes narrowed. "If we leave, we'll get attacked from the back. And if Lawrence's little secret way is not being watched and we get away safely, then whoever stays here is in danger of getting overwhelmed, especially without my power to help hold off their bullets and whatever other weapons they brought with them. And we alreayd went over this, whosoever leaves if practically leaving a trail of bread crumbs to their front doors so that the enemy can track us down. I'm not leaving, that's the coward's way out. I'm staying here to fight. But if Ina and Baley want to leave, that is up to them. I can send a shield with them if I concentrate hard enough. It'll split my mind in two and make me unfocused, but I would still be able to function."

He looked at Baley. "So, what are your thoughts? Do you wanna do what Ben proposes?", Liriope asked in a snide way, as if no one would ever listen to Ben of all people.

18. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

the others "Half of us can take the front, the others focus on the kitchen. Lawrence can show Ina and the way out. That leaves Roland and the mysterious She with us. Once this is done, we follow Liriope's group."

Ben paused, returning his attention to Eva. "Sound reasonable?"

"You forgot one small detail." Sheena responded looking slightly annoyed. "That little part about Sheena existing? Yeah, that part. What am I to do? Welcome them with cookies?"

She calmed herself before continuing. "I am very adept at combat especially at close range surely there is a role for me in your little plan?"

19. SocksFox

Ben: Normal Guy

Ben sighed, ignoring the snide comments. He was very careful to keep his tone even. "It is just a suggestion, folks. If the situation does go hot, then we at least have a semblance of a plan. But then what the hell do I know, I'm just the normal guy."

He moved over to where the sniper lay on the floor and nudged him with a boot. His attention flicked back to Eva. "Too bad your friend toasted this guy. We might have been able to get something useful. Either way something needs to be done and fighting about it isn't going to help."

Ben's dark gaze probed the shadows, watching for possible threats. "I think we should let Roland and Lawrence weigh in on this before we go any further."

20. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Gabriel Reeve

"Lir, you are not going to kill yourself. Using your powers right now would likely leave you weak and unable to defend yourself -let alone others." Gabe growled, his eyes going gold and locking with Liriope's. With his current mood and the blood still staining his shirt, he wouldn't blame anyone for being intimidated, "I know how these guys work a bit -i was stupid enough to run errands for them before I figured out their real purpose, and then they tried to kill me. They use laced bullets that work similar to tranquilizers -and i think that they got their hands on some injections of powers from Exceptionals that have been killed. We can't expect to predict what they'll do."

Gabe realized he had been staring at Liriope during the whole speech he had made and looked away, batting his bangs in front of his face in a lame attempt to hide it. Still, his ears turned pink.

Stupid Stupid Stupid! You always go off on you're friends like that -can't you see they'd prefer ti if you just kept your yap shut?

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Liriope

Liriope was surprised when Gabe yelled at him. For the first time since any of them had met him, he was speechless. "Um...okay...I guess?", he said. A glass of water levitated to his face in mid-air. "Drink up, dearie!", aunt Nixes voice said from nowhere. Liriope nodded and tookt he glass, gulping it down in mere seconds. His eyes were now leaf green and he looked a bit more lively. Next a hunk of cheddar cheese appeared and floated next to his face. "Eat this too, ya lunk", nixes said jokingly. Liriope grinned and bit in the cheese block.

"I'll be easy...for now", Liriope told Gabe, who had turned away. Were his ears turning pink? "I didn't know color changing was a part of your magical repetoire", Liriope added with a swarthy grin. Aunt Nixes let out a ghostly sigh. "Yup, he's back alright...", the dead aunt grumbled.