Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lemex, Jun 5, 2015.

1. SlayGuy138

SlayGuy138 Member

A nuclear winter wasteland of misanthropy
    I can confidently say I am riding the Fallout 4 hype train full steam ahead toward its release. And as a Masshole, I am very psyched about its setting this time 'round!

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Its never coming out anyway

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Really? Then why did they announce it? They could've just simply said 'game canceled'.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

He's been convinced since I met him that Fallout 4 will never happen.

5. Link the Writer

Well it's happening right now! They're literally going to be talking about it this E3 in a few weeks.

6. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

As opposed to not literally?

7. TheApprentice

Jeez I wonder why

8. Kingtype

Well I can't see your logic on why you've always been in such disbelief about Fallout 4 XD Though is mostly joking Im sure but still App.

Look at the company timeline

Elder Scrolls 4 (plus DLCs) were released in 2007

Fallout 3 (plus dlcs) released in 2008-2009

Fallout New Vegas which was more developed Obsidian instead of Bethesda. That was released in 2009-10 (counting DLCs)

Elder Scrolls V in 2011-12 (counting DLCs)

And now Fallout 4 plus DLC (likely)

Then next probably Elder Scrolls 6

I'm not expert on game development but I'm pretty positive while they were working on Fallout they were doing Elder Scrolls as well, obviously putting more attention to one that's finished. They've probably been developing F4 since before or right after New Vegas (or heck maybe even long before)

Like I said I'm not expert but I do know games the size and scope of Fallout and Elder Scrolls take a hell of a long time to make.

But yeah using company timeline as an example.

It shouldn't be that shocking XD

9. Link the Writer

Here's my thinking:

They were developing Fallout 3 when Oblivion was inches from release. They were developing Fallout 4 when Skyrim was inches from release. My thought is that while Fallout 4 was in development, the crew for The Elder Scrolls was busy with the writing and storyboarding of The Elder Scrolls VI.

It may not be exact, but my money is that we'll be made aware of the existence of The Elder Scrolls VI somewhere around 2017-18. This is, of course, assuming that Fallout 4 releases this year. For all we know, we might have to wait until 2016 before playing as Senor/Senorita 111.

10. Kingtype

And at some point in this 2015-2018

Valve will not continue to not announce Half Life 3

11. TheApprentice

You're right. Look at the companies timeline

2013, before the new year, there was this big hoax about someone unscrambling "survivor 2299" and a count down. Fallout 4 was not announced.

Then there was that other one in 2014

And now all we got is a trailer. Chances are, even if it is coming out, we have another couple years.

12. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

Considering the number of game breaking bugs remaining in Skyrim, they'll only give attention to a game for as long as it draws in seven figures or high six/year.

13. nrextakemi

nrextakemi Member

I don't know mane. I wish fallouts were more like the first ones used to be. By that I don't necessarily mean isometric perspective and 2d graphics(although that wouldn't be unwelcome), but the atmosphere, the giant dialogs, Children of the Cathedral, shamanic powers, I don't know. F3 and New Vegas didn't really feel like Fallouts to me(although I have enjoyed New Vegas A LOT).

14. Link the Writer

Anyway watched the gameplay demo last night? What did you think of it?

+ You play a pre-War citizen, the prologue takes place on the day the war starts.

+ You play as either the wife or the husband. Character creation is the both of you in front of a mirror. Presumably, the gender you don't pick is your spouse. Character creation is now done through 'sculpting' ala The Sims, no sliders.

+ Dialogue tree! Like Mass Effect and Dragon Age!

+ Yes, 111 is indeed voiced!

+ The game has recorded over 1,000 popular names and presumably, if you give your character one of those names (ie, Howard), the NPCs will actually addressa you by name.

+ The ability to customize the crap out of your weapons.

+ The ability to build your own settlements!

+ You emerge from Vault 111 200 years after the war as the sole survivor of the vault.

+ The ability to play games on your pipboy!

+ VATS no longer freezes time, it's now slow-mo with the percentage numbers changing depending on opponent's positions.

+ Game is slated to come out on 11/10/2015.

EDIT: Oh, and there's a free app game called Fallout: Shelter where you are the overseer of your own vault and you have to keep your population happy all while expanding and defending your vault. It's actually pretty interesting! :D Shame you can't re-name your Dwellers, though. :< Makes sense, I guess.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Lemex likes this.
  15. 123456789

Speaking of "It will never happen," which is a dramatic and stupid thing to say for Fallout 4, they are actually remaking FF7.

O_O

16. Kingtype

Now we will have dueling Final Fantasy games XD

17. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Oh god I hope not. FF7 was awful.

18. Kingtype

*Pant*

*Pant*

Lemex.........I didn't have much time but I managed to get you a bullet proof vest and a ride to an off the grid location within the next thirty minutes. There should still be time for you to make your escape before the internet catches wind of what you just wrote. :p

Though in all seriousness my favorite (out of the ones Ive played) was always Final Fantasy 6

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  19. 123456789

Regardless, it's considered a classic. Definitely can't say that for Fallout 3.

20. Lemex

Well, it's not 'awful', but it's certainly the most overrated game it's possible to imagine. FF9 was frankly better. I mean, what's honestly so good about it?

Ah, but Fallout 2, now that's where it's at! :D

21. Kingtype

I don't know

Like I said FF7 isn't my favorite either and I know quite a few people who prefer FF8 but well FF7 was the first one a lot of people apparently played or at the very least it being the first one in full 3D and on playstation gives it props as well.

Of course it being the face of the franchise isn't a measure if its quality but it just so happens to be what a lot of folk have the most nostalgia for and consider it Sqaure peak of FF.

Im hoping for a another Chrono game to be announced.

Anyway it was probably various factors as to why FF7 was held in such high regard and still. Is a pretty good game though but yeah there are better Final Fantasy games to me to personally. I like FF6, FF4, Final Fantasy Type 0 and even have a soft spot for X-1 (first I played) but I still think FF7 is alright.

Anyway.

I'm hoping for F4 to take the best parts off the old Fallouts and the new mix em up with new additions to the series and make a kick ass game.

22. Lemex

Thank god, the one thing that really annoys me about fans of FF7 is how nostalgia colours their thinking of the game, or when they over-praise the characters. Especially Sepheroth, the villein. I mean, he's not a very good villein. He's basically Norman Bates with a god-complex - trying to destroy the world because of reasons. And Cloud's story can be summed up in 'I was a big shot once ... oh wait, no I wasn't'. And having a character develop by disregarding an arrogant and cocky persona because that was the spirit-personality of another person is just not very interesting. It makes Cloud seem really 2D as a character.

23. Kingtype

XD

The original concept for the game before it evolved into what it is was a mystery noir style story (No Cloud) but the main character was named Hot Blooded Detective Joe in pursuit of the people responsible for blowing up Midgar. I know the name is incredibly dumb.

Yet.....

I can't help but want to witness the glory of a character with that name in an FF game.

But yeah FF7 was originally a Hot Blooded Joe mystery

24. Lemex

See, that sounds brilliant!

Kingtype likes this.
  25. 123456789

I just liked the setting.