Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lemex, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Yeah!

Right! Seemed so much more boss! But anywho!

This Final Fantasy 7 remake will bring trouble.....because now Final Fantasy 15 is never going to come out.....then Kingdom Hearts 3 will never come out and oh God the horror ...they'll just keep putting out more Final Fantasy 13 parts and KH spin offs as the years tick away.

Final Fantasy 15 will keep getting various conference trailers and demo updates, then they will keep teasing the remake and as those two are getting slowly made KH3 will keep getting pushed back.

Its an endless cycle.

Sqaure keeps announcing all these hype games and they just keep releasing side projects and to many sequels to FF13!!!

The horror

2. Kingtype

That old development hell

Final Fantasy 15.....first announced as Versus back in 2006, Im pretty sure its the most delayed FF game so far. But oh well hopefully it will be out soon.

3. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

Gameplay footage. Looks really nice!

Link the Writer, Shbooblie and Lemex like this.
  4. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

So excited for this, unfortunately it comes out right when I'll be in the middle of writing a 12,ooo word dissertation...bad times :(

5. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

It'll probably be full of bugs anyway, so best to wait and finish your dissertation, then all the bugs will be ironed out. ;)

It's pretty standard with Bethesda games. :p

Shbooblie likes this.
  6. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

Haha very true, some glitches are hilarious though so I guess it's a mixed blessing!

7. Void

Void Senior Member

I tried not to get hyped, but then I watched the E3 footage and started playing FO:NV again. God damn it, now I have to sit here drumming my fingers on the table, waiting impatiently for it to arrive.
    I've always thought it could do with more of a scavenging focus, being post-apocalyptic and all, and the extensive weapon/power armour modding and settlement building seems like a nice answer to that.

Still, consider me cautiously optimistic, but they more or less had me at the title alone.

Shbooblie and Link the Writer like this.
  8. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I'm the same way. I'll drive myself to insanity if I think about Fallout 4 for the next five months and seven days. :p I need to find something else to distract myself from. Skeptical optimism is best as a part of me fears this game's main plot will just be a reversal of Fallout 3's main plot.

Oh, and this is relevant: http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20150619

Anyone find it kind of weird that your wife/husband (depending on who you play) is not at all disturbed that you're literally morphing your physical appearance in front of the bathroom window?

9. Void

Void Senior Member

It's not really the plot that concerns me, but rather, Bethesda's legendary reputation for having a wonderful array of bugs upon release. I've never bought one of their games upon release due to having a terrible computer (or no computer) at the time, and I think I'll wait until we know what kind of state it's in.
    After all, if you have to cross a minefield, you may as well let others go first.

Not to mention the fact that as much as people love E3 it's basically just a place for people to peddle their products by showcasing the absolute best selling points, meaning, we are yet to learn of any potential drawbacks. A lot can change in five months, and I've seen enough games go down hill from their E3 announcements to put much trust in products before release.

10. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

I gave up and preordered the game, now I am counting the days until it comes out and I put life on pause for two weeks. What do you guys think about modding Fallout 4 next year when support for it comes out? I feel like it has wonderful marketing potential for scfi writers.

11. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

There is an entire thread for this? I loved Fallout 3. Loved it. I need to buy a dam fine computer for this new release. Can't wait.

12. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Just like the new Bond, it's not going to be anything special.

13. Link the Writer

"It just works." - Todd Howard, Bethesda Game Developer.

14. Chinspinner

Go cry over your milk else where bad vibe ;)

15. 123456789

Read about the impressions. It is a recycled Fallout 3.

16. Chinspinner

I believe it

17. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

Let's all not pretend like we're not gonna spend 100+ hours on it anyway

Link the Writer likes this.
  18. Link the Writer

Wait what? It's Fallout 3 with roles reversed??

19. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

They can fail with the main story, but you trust them to ace it with the game world, mini quests, atmosphere. Skyrim was a great leap of improvement of oblivion and it seems fallout 4 is going to be a great leap of improvement over fallout 3. The graphics are better, not the best but they are better and they work. I just hope the gameplay plays like a shooter and that we wouldn't need to wait for mods to fix it like we needed with the previous installments of fallout 3 + new vegas.

I have a really good feeling about it.

20. Link the Writer

21. 123456789

Skyrim at least had beautiful graphics. Fallout 4, from the screens, doesn't even have that. But the main problem with all modern Bethesda games is that you start the game for the first time, you're impressed by what appears to be a complex characterization setup, and then even more impressed when you're let out into this immersive world. But soon things begin to feel pointless, the characters bland, the areas generic, the combat redundant. Great, there's blowing leaves and wind chimes in the distance, but that's it. Bethesda doesn't know how to do open sandbox games. Rockstar nailed it with Red Dead Redemption and GTA V. As for rpgs, Zelda ocarina of time and majoras mask nailed it. baldurs gate 1 and 2 nailed it. It's not impossible to do. Bethesda usually gets away with graphics but I don't see that happening with this game....

22. Kingtype

I gotta say I'm quite excited for Fallout 4, they had me at 'Atom Bomb Baby' :D

Plus I'm quite interested in this whole console mod thing and well hey! I can agree fully that Bethesda isn't the best developer in the world.

But they got something about them that keeps everyone coming back.

People really love those games and I love em.

The world, interaction, weapons, the humor and I really loved the choice system in New Vegas where the plot adapted to your actions and could kill quest characters.

Also some of my favorite stuff was the creepy buildings in Fallout 3 like the building based around Lovecraft horror.

The games just stick with ya I guess XD

Fun to muck about in and they do some amazing things with mods in Bethesda games, can't wait to see the stuff people make in Fallout 4. Stories, characters, new quests and all that.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  23. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Bethesda are the best hiking simulator makers in the biz, they compete only with Rockstar, I have played the last witcher 3 so I can't comment on that. But they are way ahead of anyone else.

Their biggest problems are their storytelling of the main plot and how it feels that one cares about how you saved the world, but their writing in general is super interesting and creative, their worlds feel alive and they are just keep improving like Rockstar.

Graphics are also about taste, I think they are keep getting better, especially if you examine the progress they made from fallout 3... Just take a look on fallout 3 faces,

24. 123456789

OK, let's make bets on what score this game is going to get according to whatever reviewer you normally use. I predict IGN will give it an low 8, maybe 8.2 or 8.4 but probably 8.0. I don't see a game from a franchise this high profile getting lower than an 8, simply "because," but considering that it doesn't seem to be much more than rehash?", I am not excepting any score much higher.

25. Link the Writer

At the lowest, I predict an ‘8’, which is very good on the 1-10 scale. I also predict that some people will look at this game and think this is just another re-skinned Fallout 3 or such. It honestly depends on personal preferences, to be honest.

I do know this, though: I'll be spending most of my time constructing as many settlements as the game will allow me and appoint a companion to govern each settlement while I'm off doing my thing.