1. topeka sal

topeka sal New Member

Fantasies, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by topeka sal, Oct 4, 2011.

No! I don't mean that kind, you dirty little fiends! :D

I was just wondering if while waiting for replies on submissions any one else had embarrassing, most likely deluded fantasies about acceptances. Or, ahem... is it just me...?

One I've had lately involves first and foremost the bottle of champagne that I'll buy to celebrate. Maybe the answer is to forget about the fantasy and just drink the champagne anyway?

2. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

That I'll finish my novel, send it off, that they'll be all like, "It needs a tiny bit of work, but as soon as you're done with that, we're willing to accept you."
    Then I'm all like, =O. So I edit it, send it back, and they give me lots of money. But I don't tell anybody.

Time passes. Maybe two months or so.

I've been told by my agent that my book is going to be republished as hardback and I've also got a film deal for it. The girl I'm dating, who in this fantasy I'm going steady with, still doesn't know and neither does anyone else. (I assume it'll take me a while to actually get my novel written) So it comes back around to next October and I get her some really expensive gift that she loves, but she's all like, "How did you afford this?" and I'm all: "Babe, I have to tell you the truth. I'm a millionaire."

I buy a house all to myself, and I'm pretty badass. I also have an office space in the city with an awesome view. She thinks I've got an ordinary office job, but really I just go there every day and write in my beautiful office. My agent comes and hangs out with me there sometimes and I run ideas with him.

At some point before the hardback deal or the movie deal, my Dad gets angry at me about how I still don't have a job, so I walk away and walk back with a handful of money which I give to him. And I'm all like, "Chump change." And he's like, "Where'd you get that!" and I joke about how it's from dealing heroin, but then tell the truth that I got published.

At the end of all this, I assume there's a massive crowd of dancing people. Probably because I can finally Facebook about the book and make an event for everyone to come to my new house and dance.

3. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

Hehe, I haven't even started writing the novel I have in mind yet, but I've vividly imagined the moment I hand in my notice at work due to its success :p

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

I was honestly disappointed that this was not about anything else.

And no, I have not. Writing is a hobby for me. If I can get it published and earn money for it, cool.

5. topeka sal

topeka sal New Member

By all means, Quezacotl, feel free to share! Who am I dictate the boundaries of self-expression? ;)

p.s., @cruciFiction: Love your fantasy. I think I'll end mine with dancing, too.

6. cruciFICTION

*Bows* You're welcome. And I'll accept royalties for that, I think. *Threatens with law suit* Muahahaha.

7. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

I'm always interviewed by Oprah when I let my fantasies run loose. I guess to me that's the pinnacle of success. And of course, lots of money and movie deals. Mohahaha! And for some reason, I really want a popular blog where I put up short side stories to my widely popular published stories, and my fans all love me for it...

In reality though, I'm not even sure I actually want to be published. Sounds like a lot of work...

8. cruciFICTION

Except that, my feelings toward Oprah aside, she's quitting now. c:
    Even though I'm Australian, I think getting on Letterman to plug my work would be pretty cool.

EDIT: Might I add to the original fantasy that with my many thousands of dollars, I plan on buying a really really awesome computer. Like, really awesome. Like a Sony VAIO, or maybe I'll roll with Alienware. And I'll get an awesome drawing tablet as well as the most expensive version of Unity and also the most suitable version of Adobe Creative Suite. And a bunch of nice furniture from IKEA. And I'll hire some designer to make my room really nice until I find a nice place to buy, which I'll also fill with IKEA furniture.

9. .red

.red New Member

My dream is that I can just write and draw in a small house in the boons, where I've got a sunroom with an average sized dog as a companion. I sit in the sunroom, and it's raining and I just get to enjoy the atmosphere and write to my own hearts content.

10. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

I'm in the same boat as Quezacotl - writing's just a hobby for me. I doubt I'll ever be professionally published, though that would be cool.

I do fantasize about having fans, though, if I ever get around to posting something online. Even if it's just one person, I want someone to get wrapped up in a universe I've created, and care about my characters. As I am now, though, that's a long way off.

11. EMSchell2009

EMSchell2009 New Member

I have bought a country mile. I give each of my friends a square quarter mile and we all live together. I pump out more low fantasy, my Best friend pumps out his own brand of fantasy. I may convince him to collaborate on a few mystery novels...or maybe not. My girls and I hang out in our ranch style five bedroom house with a huge pool in the back yard. I work in the garden in my spare time mostly just pruning roses. I write in peace at night after the kids are in bed. The man of my dreams strolls in there at some point and sweeps me off my feet and joins my domestic scene. Myself and my five best friends meet often at one of the four houses on the Em country mile and barbeque, hang out and in general have a good time. Our kids grow up together. There are more domestic sounds involved and lots of reading and writing, but I love the quiet country life and that is what happens in my "when I get published, rich and famous dream." It won't ever happen, but the dream is there.

12. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

So this isnt a place to go on about a red headed librarian that stumbles onto me in a rather quiet part of the library?

Thats a shame. :(

But yeah. Those kinds of fantasies... er the ones that we are supposed to be talking about...

Happen way more then its healthy. I mean its good to have confidence and some idle fantasizing isnt too bad. But it does tend to get your hopes up which means for a rather big fall. :p

13. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Haha you got me there for a second, i actually thought you meant those. So i was like umm this isn't allowed?? until i clicked on it and you were talking about the other version haha. I had a sigh of relief honestly. But yes im writing one but im too busy coming up with main plot scenarios so i have no idea when it will be done.

14. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I'd like to earn enough money from my writing to buy a nice home in coastal British Columbia. And then I'd like to win the Nobel Prize for Literature. (Yeah, right, sure, like that's even conceivable ...)

And I'd want my work to be read, and appreciated, a hundred years after my death. THAT would mean I had a good career.

15. rainshine

rainshine New Member

Signing my book for a fan, It's more of a visualisation or mind programing technique really.

16. CosmicHallux

CosmicHallux New Member

This is the funniest thread ever.

I will become so famous that people will buy my old diaries on ebay for millions of dollars.

I will get loads of tourists from the future (where time travel exists) coming back and viewing me at all stages of my life...especially when I am in my awkward preteens. They will smile knowingly at me yet keep their distance so as not to contaminate my genius.

My book will save a suicidal girl's life one day--she'll read it and know she isn't alone. Then she'll go on to save the environment and abolish war, inequality, and famine.