Fate Stay Night

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Forgotten_Memories, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Denis looked blinked then chuckled. "That was a more stupid move then I thought, so he's the rash type hmm? Perfect, if he's this careless he'll be easier to fool."

Denis laughed shyly, "oh so you knew? Well at least your friendly I admit all this holy war stuff has got me a little nervous. I honestly don't know the first thing about it. Mind giving me some pointers? The names Denis by the way, and over there is Jane Hey Jane come over here!"

Joan grumbled at the name but put on a smile and came over "Bonjour or how you english say it? hallo?"

2. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Brock, smooth operator

The man laughed. "Oh so you knew? Well at least your friendly I admit all this holy war stuff has got me a little nervous," he said. "I honestly don't know the first thing about it. Mind giving me some pointers? The names Denis by the way, and over there is Jane Hey Jane come over here!"

Brock completely ignored him until he called the chick over. I ain't giving you nothin, dude, but I've got a big pointer for her, he thought. In my pants. Lancer slowly shook his head, as if he already knew what Brock was thinking and detested it.

"Bonjour or how you english say it? Hallo?" the girl said.

A French chick named Jane? Lancer was already trying to think of what that might mean. Tarzan's Jane? Jane Austen? What class was she? Assassin? Saber? Archer? Berserker?

"Halllooo," Brock said, his smile widened as he stretched the word out, toying with it. "Not English, American. But I was raised here in the land of the rising sun." He was completely ingoring Denis now. Cute French girl versus dorky college kid? For Brock, the French chick would win every time.

"You new in town?" he asked her. "Has this guy been treatin' you right?" he said, with a nod to Denis. "I hope he gave you a tour. The mall... the beach... my apartment. I could show you all the sights, if that's okay with you."

"I think you should run that by her master first," Lancer said, trying to keep Brock focused on the enemy in their midst. But the man had an answer for that, too:

"Master? That's such an ugly word," Brock said with a grin. "I prefer 'partner.'" He smiled at Jane. "This guy hasn't been calling himself your master, has he? What an ass. I'd be offended if I were you. People fought wars to end stuff like that."

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Oh." Water hit the back of Hirsohi's head. It was nothing more then a realistic water pistol. He stepped in front of Hiroshi and nodded for the moderator to come in.

Fox slumped down on his couch and yawned. "What can I do for you? You want something to drink?" He asked picking up his top hat from the table and playing with it.

Archer still invisible continued to watch without words.

4. Exzalia

"So that's his game?" Denis forwned, "well this guy keeps getting dumber and dumber, but this might even be better." he used the ability mental link and instantly began communicating with Joan through her mind. Who as he guessed was about to smack him harder then news papers smack flies.

"Don't smack him Joan here me out! We can use this, you can fake being interested, that will get him to reveal some of his secrets."

"What! Fake being interested in this...this pig?"

"Do it for the holy grail, you know, use your femine weapons!"

"I swear Denis I'm going to...fine."

She smiled and blushed at the boy, " Thankyou for being so kind, I am utterly lost in this world, and this pig man is oh so mean to me, and stupid. Perhaps we can, how you english say it? hangout sometime? Alone." She looked at Lancer for a moment then glanced back at him. Denis crossed his arms and frowned.

"Aww that's just low Jane."

She stuck her tongue out at him for the first time looking satisfied.

5. AnonyMouse

Brock, smooth operator

"Thankyou for being so kind, I am utterly lost in this world, and this pig man is oh so mean to me, and stupid," Jane said. "Perhaps we can, how you english say it? hangout sometime? Alone."

Brock smiled as well, but he'd sweet-talked enough women to know when one was yanking his chain. Unfortunately, he didn't like to back down from a challenge. He would keep trying until she liked him. By the time he was done, she wouldn't be faking it anymore.

"Alright," he said, "sounds good." He felt a sense of deja vu as he fished a slip of paper from his pocket and scribbled down his number. This Grail War was beginning to feel an awful lot like a dating sim. "Life's too short. Let's hang out tonight," he said, sliding the paper to her. "How does eight'o'clock sound? I'll pick you up and we'll go anywhere you want. There's gotta be some places around town you wanna check out."

Lancer looked like he wanted to bang his head on the table.

6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Rosie

"Sure, I don't mind," she replied, putting her phone away and pulling her tray closer. "We have biology together, don't we?"

"Yeah, I think so..." she said. "How're you doing with the homework? It's pretty intense right?" she asked, then tried picking up her fork. Emphasis on tried. She was still distracted, and her ability was acting up, he hand passed right through the fork. She quickly focused and brought the electric field back into control, hoping the other girl hadn't noticed. But, in her rush she overcompensated and the fork magnetized to her hand. She pried it off and started trying to eat her food as casually as possible.

--------------------------

The Assassin had found some different clothes, blue jeans, running shoes, and a black hoodie. He was stalking the area around the school campus, moving through the crowds of people inconspicuously. If they were to have any hope of victory, they needed information, and that was what he was trying to get.

As he walked along, he noticed an odd little group of people. He cautiously moved closer, blending in with the crowds.

"Master? That's such an ugly word," Brock said with a grin. "I prefer 'partner.'" He smiled at Jane. "This guy hasn't been calling himself your master, has he? What an ass. I'd be offended if I were you. People fought wars to end stuff like that." the Assassin heard as he walked past.

They were all part of it, his intuition, along with one of his abilities, assured him of it. Two Magi and their servants, all within his reach. But... it was broad daylight still, and while he might be able to kill one of them, he wouldn't be able to make to make an escape. Especially with knowing nothing of who any of them were. So, instead, he just kept walking, blended in with the crowd, for all intents and purposes, invisible.

But now he had four targets...

7. Exzalia

"But Monsieur, I don't know anything about this world so I can not choose anything, although I always wanted to see those moving pictures, at the theater not far from here. I heard they were quite the sight."

Denis hanged back still planning with his servant through telepathy, what an idiot! He actually agreed to off alone with the enemy! I have to be careful this isn't a trap of his own, yes he may very well be planning something. Joan tell him to pick you up at 8:00. That will give me time to prepare.

"Eight o clock then." Jaon said with a smile

8. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Father Hiroshi and Karin

Father Hiroshi

"No thank you," Father Hiroshi replied to Snider, still wiping the back of his head with his cloak.

Snider's apartment was small, untidy, and unkempt - it made Hiroshi wonder if it actually belonged to the travelling magician at all. But that didn't matter, it wasn't against any rules of the Grail War, unless Snider had killed the owners, which Hiroshi was almost positive hadn't happened. Anyway, he was here to investigate another matter.

"I understand you were attacked last night by a group of strange snake-men."

Snider looked at him curiously. "Yeah, it's just some servant attacking me - nothing I can't handle."

"I don't think that's the case." Hiroshi began, "none of the servants in this Grail War have such an ability."

"Then what was that last night?"

"I'm not quite sure, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of it, which is why I'm here. I need to make use of your Archer's special ability - the True Aim."

Karin

Rosie's hand just did something strange, but Karin pretended not to notice. It was like the fork fell right through it. Was she just imagining it? All this magic stuff lately was probably getting to her. The American girl acted like nothing strange had happened either. Suddenly something inside Karin tingled - it was a strange sensation, like nothing she had ever felt before, and somehow it was linked to Rosie.

"Sorry, I need to go." Karin said, and hurriedly jumped out of her seat, heading for the exit of the lunchhall. The tingling lessened the further she got from Rosie, until she was about halfway to the door. Then it intensified, coming from her right, it was so strong now. Karin glanced in the direction as she walked, but there were too many people, she couldn't tell who it was coming from. She ran the rest of the way, practically knocking the doors open to a lunch lady screaming: "no running!"

9. AnonyMouse

Brock and Lancer

"But Monsieur, I don't know anything about this world so I can not choose anything,” Jane said, “although I always wanted to see those moving pictures, at the theater not far from here. I heard they were quite the sight."

“Movies it is,” Brock said, agreeing that this would make for a fine place to start.

"Eight o clock then," she said with a smile.

“Eight’o’clock. Just gimme a call and let me know where to pick you up,” Brock said as he stood. He gave Lancer a nudge. “C’mon, bro. Let’s get outta here.”

Lancer straightened, but followed Brock’s lead and quickly gathered up the laptop computer and the sandwich he hadn’t touched. He was glad to be getting away from this place.

“See ya around,” Brock added to Denis, with a small wave before leaving. “Watch your back out there.”

They crossed the campus and got all the way back to Brock’s car before Lancer finally released all the words he’d kept bottled up inside, most of which were four letters long and couldn’t be repeated.

“Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?” Brock teased.

“Have you lost your mind!?” Lancer said. “I mean, I knew your brain was tiny, but I had no idea it was so maladjusted.”

Whatever that means, Brock thought. “Chill, bro, I’ve got a plan.”

“Yes, like the last one, which you instantly deviated from.”

I stuck to the plan. You just didn’t understand what the plan was,” Brock said as he put the car in gear. “C’mon, we got a lot to do before tonight.”

“Like what? Stock up on scented candles and contraceptives, so you can die happy?”

Brock laughed. “I already got that stuff,” he joked. “We’re gonna swing by a car rental place. And maybe an electronics shop. You’re gonna be shadowing us, so you’ll need a radio and some wheels, man.”

“Ah, I’ll be ‘shadowing,’” Lancer scoffed. “What a stupid idea. This is chess, not checkers. You can’t put your biggest piece --pun unintended-- on the front lines. This girl is making a fool of you.”

“Nope,” Brock said as they pulled out into traffic. “If there’s one thing I know, it’s women. Trust me on this one. We might be able to earn another ally. She doesn’t like her master.”

“I can relate,” Lancer muttered under his breath, but Brock didn’t hear.

“I might even be able to guess who she is,” he said as they pulled onto the highway and accelerated. "She's French and she comes from a time before moving pictures. And probably before America too, since she kept calling us Englishmen."

"How astute of you, but that only narrows it down by a few hundred years, at best," Lancer mocked. "She could come from any pre-1700 era."

“Okay, whatever, but I might be able to figure out her class," Brock said. "We know she’s not Lancer or Rider and she doesn’t fit Caster’s description. An Archer class would never approach us the way she did and a Berserker would've knocked my head off for half the stuff I said," he laughed, "so she’s gotta be-”

“Saber or Assassin. Oh, this is a relief,” Lancer said sarcastically. “I absolutely love our chances now! You’ll be in a darkened theatre with a woman who’s either a bloodthirsty backstabber or a sword wielding zealot. What could possibly go wrong!?”

10. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Rosie

"Sorry, I need to go." Karin said, practically jumping up and running away. For a moment, Rosie wondered if she'd seen her slip up, but, there seemed to be something else bothering her. It was very odd. As she left, Rosie looked around the cafeteria, there was an oddly dressed girl watching Karin as she left. She looked like some kind of anime freak or something. But Rosie got a weird vibe from her. But, she didn't think to much of it, instead she was pondering how she was going to manage to stay alive through this grail war.

---------------------

The Assassin was waiting around a corner near the highschool. He had arranged to meet Rosie there once she was done with school. As she walked around the corner, he stepped out of a shadow.

She jumped a little. "How do you do that?!" she exclaimed.

He chuckled, "It's all about guiding people's, how you say... perception?"

"Hmm hmm..." Rosie intoned. "So, have you found anything out?"

"Indeed, I have located for certain two masters and their servants." The Assassin replied.

Rosie's heart sank, this was real, and there would be no backing out now...

"Did they see you?" she asked.

"No, and I managed to trail one of the masters and his servant for the after noon," The Assassin replied. "The master is a muscle bound hulk of a man, and the servant... he doesn't seem to be a fighter, from what I saw. I would have confused them if it had not been for overhearing them outing themselves to the other servant and master. I believe that they're going to meet tonight at 8, near the playhouse."

"Playhouse? Do you mean the movie theater?" Rosie asked.

"I don't know... this is your world, and it's much different from mine. All I know is that they are meeting tonight, to watch 'moving pictures' or some such thing."

"Why would they be going to the movies together?" she wondered out loud.

"Your guess is as good as mine, signorina. But I suggest that we follow them there, and see what happens. If they fight, we might have an opportunity to strike in the wake. What do you think?" he asked.

"It's the best plan I've heard so far," Rosie replied. Then she remembered something, "Right, here!" she said, pulling something out of her purse. "It's a cell phone, so we can keep in touch."

The Assassin took the device, and looked at it. "Is it magic?"

"No," Rosie laughed. "It's an electronic device that you can use to keep in contact with me. My number is in there already, so you just, tap here..." and she went about showing him how to use the phone. He looked at it in wonder and shook his head as she tried to explain.

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Nico

Nico jumped up from her table when Karin went flying out of the cafeteria in a panic. "I wonder what's got her panties in a bunch", Nico muttered to herself as she stalked after the girl, like a panther stalking it's prey. Xayide had stuck Nico in this hell-hole to watch her competition, and that's what Nico would do. A nerd got in Nico's path and she shoved him aside, there was no time for pleasantries.

Once in the hall, Nico took out the toothpick she had kept from her cafeteria lunch. She poked her finger with the sharp end of the toothpick, drawing blood. "I've said it before and I'll say it again, these things are unneccesarily sharp", Nico quipped as the Staff of One protruded from her chest. Once the Staff was in her hands, Nico incanted, "Catch up!", and she was suddenly moving at superspeed, til she was standing in front of Karin, blocking her way.

"Why the rush, Kare-Bear?", Nico said, grinning triumphantly. "Was the cafeteria food not to your liking?" She held up her hand to stop Karin from speaking. "Listen, I don't want to go through this dance of flinging insults. Just tell me what you're up to so I can get back to Xayide and tell her some juicy gossip. I don't want to get physical with you, like I had to with your Rider friend." As she said this, Nico's staff started glowing with a menacing crimson aura. The posters on the walls fluttered in a non-existant breeze and a couple lockers opened a closed on their own.

12. Forgotten_Memories

Karin

Karin froze as Caster appeared before her. She was the reason for the tingling, Karin could feel her presence. Lockers down the hall flew open and their surroundings became ever more ominous. Karin reacted instinctively, pushed Caster with all the strength she could muster. The mage servant had to step back to keep her ground. "How could you do that to Rider?!" Karin barked. Now people were staring at them as they walked by.

"And you can't hurt me - I'm under Sanctuary," she told Caster, although she didn't know how much longer that would last.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Nico

Nico rolled her eyes at Karin after she regained her balance. "If you remember correctly, he attacked me with the intent to kill", Nico said slowly, as if she were speaking to a child. "What was I supposed to do, exactly? Stand there and I die? I had to defend myself, that Rider guy had it coming..." Nico glanced sharply at their surroundings and everything stopped moving--the papers settled and the lockers shut tight.

"And I'm not going to hurt you, I have no reason to", Nico added. She sighed. "I'm just doing what Xayide is telling me to. Getting the scoop on my enemies." Nico moved out of Karin's way and gestured with the Staff. "You can go. Before I change my mind." Nico smirked.

14. Forgotten_Memories

Karin stepped forward, keeping her eyes on Caster, distrustingly. She was right, Rider had attacked her first, but Rider was Karin's, so she had to be on his side. Still, maybe this Caster wasn't as evil as she initially seemed.

Karin stopped and turned back to face the teen witch. "Who's Xayide?"

15. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Nico

"Xayide is someone to be afraid of", Nico said, her expression serious. "You don't want to meet her, ever. If you do..." Nico dragged her finger across her throat and made a nasty schthuck sound. "So. Catch you later, I guess." Nico nodded curtly and turned to leave. Now that she had had a real conversation with Karin, she felt like they could have been friends in another life. But not in this one. That was impossible--wasn't it? Xayide did not want to make allies in this game of finding the Grail, she only wanted to connive her way to the top. Nico had to stop chatting it up with the enemy, especially when Xayide could order her to kill the girl at any time.

Nico was alone, as always.

16. Forgotten_Memories

Father Hiroshi, Karin and Rider

Father Hiroshi

"I see..." Snider mused, "so you want to Archer to kill someone for you?" He twirled his top hat on the tip of his finger.

"Not exactly. It's more for defensive purposes." Hiroshi explained. "As Archer has the furtherest vision and attack range, I need him to watch as I consult a potential culprit of last night's activities."

"Alright. But why is this of any concern to me? I clearly dealt with the problem last night."

"Interfering with the Grail War is forbidden, and if this person is serious, then last night won't be a one-off. It concerns everyone." Hiroshi's tone was more stern than usual.

"He's right," Archer uttered, revealing himself to the moderator. "Plus, it would give us something other to do than hang around in this rathole."

"Hey!" Snider sprang to his feet, insulted.

"I'm sorry, but it's true! I don't understand how you people can live like this!" Archer folded his arms.

"Easy for you to say!" Snider said dismissively, then turned to Hiroshi, "so, where are we going?"

"Einsbern Castle."

Karin

It was 5:15 when Karin finally made her way home. The sun had almost completely set, and now the dark was ever scarier. She'd gone straight to her grandfather's after school and unsurprisingly found exactly what she was looking for. It was an old spellbook, Rune-Inscribed but translated into Japanese, and she had begun to learn. It didn't exactly come naturally, but Karin was able to teach herself a little spell by the end. She figured she should get home before the sun set, as that's probably when the Sanctuary wore off. Plus, she had to check on Rider.

She opened the door to her bedroom to find her massive servant doing up his wolf-fur cloak. His shield was secured to his right arm, and his sword ready at his hip. "What are you doing?" Karin asked.

"I'm going off on my own tonight."

"Alone?! Are you crazy? You're in no condition to fight!" Karin yelled at him. She couldn't believe it.

"Then I won't fight." Rider took a deep breath. "Last night was reckless. I knew my master was useless and still I ran into that fight. I should've known better - the battlefield is my home."

"Useless?!" Karin was insulted. "I learned magic today - watch!" She pointed at a cut on his arm and concentrated on the spot, hard, whispering the incantations the book had taught her. It slowly closed up, but she was out of breath by the end of the spell.

"That's cute kid, but there's a lot more healing and magic to be done, and you're not up to the task." Rider walked to the door, moving Karin carefully aside with his shield. "There's only one way to win the grail, and although I'm not proud of it, it has to be done."

"What are you going to do?" Karin asked him, feeling completely powerless.

Rider didn't respond, instead he just paced across the hall and down the stairs. Karin ran after him. Rider went out through the back of the house and whistled, "HATI!" he called, and the blue wolf ran down from the heavens.

"Rider!" Karin called, but it was too late. He was gone.

17. AnonyMouse

Brock and Lancer, waiting for the phone to ring

“This is madness, you know,” Lancer said, as Brock handed him a set of car keys and a tiny listening device to put in his ear.

“Just shut up and go along with it,” Brock said. Lancer had repeated the same complaints and doubts all day and Brock was beginning to doubt himself, but he was still determined to go through with the plan, whether Lancer liked it or not.

“I still don’t see the point in this. What exactly are you trying to accomplish by meeting this woman?” Lancer asked.

Brock shrugged. “Just tryin’ to get to know her. It’s not what it looks like, man.”

“Really? It looks to me like you’re trying to get laid.”

“Well, I’m not trying not to get laid, if that’s what you’re saying,” Brock replied as he walked away and gestured for Lancer to stay there. Once he was in another room and there were a few walls between them, Brock tested the transmitter. He tapped a small metal bracelet on his wrist: “can you hear me, man?”

“Unfortunately, yes,” was Lancer’s droll reply, chirping in his ear. Brock returned to his servant in the living room. “I'm hardly an expert on females, but she’s clearly not interested in you,” Lancer reasoned. “It’s never going to work out, so why bother?”

“Dude, she’s from a hundred years ago. I'm not trying to make anything 'work,'” Brock said. “I just wanna see what's on her mind and why she’s after the Grail. I don’t want the damn thing, remember. I need to figure out who’s worthy of having it.”

“Oh really? Have I made the list?”

“Yeah, but you’re pushin’ it, bud,” Brock warned, though he was mostly joking. Lancer was a pain in the ass sometimes, but seemed like a good enough guy. Then again, he still knew almost nothing about Lancer...

“Look, my point is, if things take a turn for the worse and I end up face down in the dirt, I wanna see someone noble get the Grail," Brock said, "not another fucking mage whose gonna use it to wish for world domination or something stupid like that.”

Lancer eyed him skeptically, but was almost beginning to believe Brock’s reasons for doing this. “So, just to be clear, this isn’t about getting laid?”

Brock laughed. "Nah, of course not. Strictly business, my friend."

"You're a terrible liar."

"Ladies love that quiality in a man," Brock said as he watched the setting sun through the apartment's blinds.

"Anyway, we still have a few hours. It's not too late to change your mind," Lancer said, checking his brass pocketwatch. The timepiece looked as outdated as he did, but the man insisted on not changing his attire. "You don't have to answer when she calls..."

"Ladies hate that quality in a man," Brock said. "Besides, do you wanna piss off a Medieval swordswoman, cuz I sure as hell don't."

18. Exzalia

"How do you use this thing?" Joan said frustratedly, she was holding the phone was upside down and had twice called the pizza place. Denis chuckled, "Here let me dial."

Joan steps aside while Denis does his thing, the folds her arm visually annoyed. "I still can't believe I'm doing this." She grumbled, "This is a war not a date."

"You know what they say, all is fair in love and war, In this case it's literal, oh here's the phone he's on the other line."

Joan rolled her eye's and took the phone. "Bonjour, oh, I mean Hallo?"

“Bonjour, madame,” Brock said, in a lighthearted tone. Lancer looked up from where he was sitting, behind a computer. “How are you, this fine evening?” Brock asked Jane.

"This world is very diffrent, I sometimes wonder if this is the same planet, Even the people here look strange. Did you know about those flying metal birds? My God, what kind of witch craft is that?"

“Yeah, it’s… umm… pretty crazy out there,” Brock said. She was more vulnerable than he’d expected and it caught him off guard. It could be an act, to make herself seem weak. “Where ya want me to pick you up?” he asked. “Or should we just meet at the theatre? We can decide what to see once we’re there.”

Denis got up grabbed a bag and left while Joan talked. "Oh, I guess you would have to pick me up here I don't know where else we would meet, eight o clock like I said. Okay?"

"Okay, but where is 'here'?" Brock asked with a slight smirk. He covered the phone and said to Lancer, "I think she's nervous. It's so cuuute." Lancer glared at him.

"At the universtiy. I'll wait outside the lobby bien?"

"Tres bien," Brock said. "I'll see you there."

Jaon stood at the lobby exit looking...awkward. Denis had found her a very atrractive red dress for her which she had initially protested against, "Ot's too revealing, not Godly at all." She said truning her noes up.

"Jaon...you can't go on a date dressed like a killer, it won't work and it really isn't that bad, girls show skin like this all the time even when they arn't on dates. There is nothing wrong with showing your ankle trust me."

After much aurgueing she finally agreed, if their plan was to work she had to look the part.

"What are you stareing at?" she barked to a couple of guys who had their head definatly truned to look at her, they weren't the only heads she turned, for Jaon was very beautiful indeed.

19. AnonyMouse

Brock

After he hung up the phone, Brock immediately turned to Lancer. “Let’s do this,” he said, with a little more enthusiasm than intended. His scientific partner wasn’t half as thrilled.

After one more transmitter check, to make sure everything was ship shape, they left the apartment. Brock climbed into his dark blue Nissan Skyline, while Lancer got behind the wheel of a plain black rental car, which could easily blend into traffic.

“Hope you can drive, bro,” Brock said, although they had already gone over that earlier in the day.

“I’ve seen cars before,” Lancer replied as he followed from a distance, “though they were a lot less flashy in my time. All these buttons and lights. It’s ridiculous.”

They reached the university in about fifteen minutes and Brock pulled up outside the dormitory building, while Lancer waited almost a block away. Jane was standing by the door, wearing a stunning red dress.

Whoa, she might be overdoing it a little, Brock thought, though he couldn’t help but smile. She looked amazing, but seemed so uncomfortable, he was almost sure this was her master’s doing. She’s probably some kind of legendary warrior princess or something, he thought, and hated that she was bending to any man’s will.

Brock got out of the car, looking awfully plain in his collared shirt and black jeans. He wore his freshest sneakers, but had no idea this was supposed to be such a formal affair. “Hey, guys, give the lady some space alright,” Brock said, shooing away the bothersome guys who were eyeballing her. Once they were gone, he turned his attention to Jane.

“Right this way,” Brock said with a smile as he took her hand, led her to the car, and opened the door for her like a true gentleman. “This ain’t exactly what I expected, but how can I complain. You look gorgeous, by the way, Jane.”

20. Exzalia

"Merci, at least you have some manners." She said taking a seat, for a moment she just sat there stunned. "I think there are fire flies trapped in your magic metal box"

She began touching all the lights and buttons, peering into each one trying to catch a glimpse of the fireflies she was sure was inside. She touched the radio button and the blast of music made her jump a little, then curse.

"fire flies who can sing? Now I have seen it all."

21. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Fox's eyes widened and he bit his lip. He looked unsure but simply nodded and started to speak. "Why there?" He asked leaning back again. "Not that I mind but why do I gotta waste my energy going there?" He asked

Archer rolled his eyes at Snider. "I think what my master means is what does this have to do with the Grail War? Or better yet what does this culprit want with the war? Does he plan to take the grail for himself."

22. Forgotten_Memories

Father Hiroshi

"I can't be sure of his intentions, or even if he's the one we're looking for, but it's a good lead." Hiroshi explained to Archer. "The man however, is dangerous, and while my position protects me from harm by the magi and servants in this War, it does not extend to anyone else."

Einsbern Castle was just outside Fuyuki, to the southeast, but took a while to drive to, as all the roads were country roads and wound through the forest. Before the Castle was even in sight, Hiroshi told Fox to stop the car.

"We'll walk from here."

He then asked Archer to take a side route through the forest before continuing by himself up the road to the Castle.

The Castle itself was impressive - an eighteenth century Germanic structure with gothic influences - but what was more impressive was how it was completely hidden in the forest. When the Einsberns first built the castle they had chosen a prime location, and most of the land remained untouched since then. It was also a lot colder here, which Hiroshi attributed to the style of the Einsbern magic.

The priest came up to the giant doors, pulling the doorbell. He waited only a couple of minutes before it was answered by a maid. She lead him through the castle, which was finely decorated with portraiture, sculptures, and assortments of weapons and armor, until she showed him into the master's study, on the second floor.

Hiroshi paced the giant room while he waited, taking into account the position of the window - he hoped Archer was watching. The room was like a library, so many ancient books, codexes, and magical equipment littered the walls and empty spaces.

On the desk by the window a couple of books lay open. Hiroshi examined them: Ancient Persian Mythology, Geology and Archaeology in Iran, Maps of the Middle East.

"Find anything interesting, Father?"

Wolfgang Einsbern's hollow voice filled the room. Hiroshi had never met the man, but was told a lot about him by Father Yamato. Einsbern was as cold and harsh as his steel-eyed stare, but a brilliant magi. He had won the previous Grail War, and not much has been heard from the council about him since.

"No," Hiroshi uttered, surprised, "just perusing."

Einsbern smiled. It was a genuine smile. "Please, have a seat." The magi invited Hiroshi over to the fireplace, where the flames were already cackling.

Hiroshi hesitated, but eventually made his way over, making sure not to look behind him. That would make Archer's presence obvious.

When they were seated and cozy, in two red armchairs opposite each other, Einsbern spoke again. "Now, what is your business here, father?"

Hiroshi was going to be outright. "There have been some disturbances with the Grail Wars. I simply came to find out if you knew anything about them."

"Interesting," Einsbern mused, "but I can't say that I do. I left the Grail Wars after my victory last year."

"Your servant in the last War, it was a Caster - is that correct?"

Einsbern stared at the moderator for a moment. "Yes, that is correct."

"And it had a summoning ability, didn't it?"

"As most Casters do, yes, he could summon familiars and such, to keep watch on my enemies."

"Could it, by any chance, summon serpents?"

Einsbern gave him a cold stare again. "No. Not that I remember."

"Very well then," Hiroshi smiled, "that will be all."

"I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help." Einsbern apologised, "but I wish you luck in your endeavours."

The aristocrat stood to leave when Hiroshi noticed the suitcases in the far corner of his room. They looked freshly packed. "Planning on going abroad, Mr Einsbern?"

Einsbern stopped. "Yes, just with the family." He explained. "Fran will show you the way out."

23. AnonyMouse

Brock

Once they were driving, Jane began messing with everything in the car. Brock didn’t mind; it’s not as if she could break anything. The look of genuine wonder on her face and the way she referred to the lights as fireflies was beginning to wear down his theory that this was all an act.

But her playfulness came to an abrupt end when she found the radio and the ‘fireflies’ blasted her with music at maximum volume, nearly scaring the pants off of her… if he were wearing any.

"Fire flies who can sing? Now I have seen it all," Jane remarked, though he could barely hear her over the obnoxious J-pop the speakers were belting out.

With a friendly laugh, Brock turned it down, so they could talk. “I guess your partner still hasn’t given you the tour,” he said with a smile. “That’s just the radio. It… umm… how do I explain this…”

“It uses microwave frequencies to wirelessly transmit recorded sound,” Lancer informed him, via the listening device, which only Brock could hear. “I sort of invented that.”

Good for you, jerk, Brock thought. He gave up on explaining it to Jane, since he didn’t quite get it himself, and just said, “everybody has one. They spread bad music all over the world,” he chuckled.

They stopped at a red light and he finally took his eyes off the road long enough to look at the beautiful creature in his passenger seat. “I guess they don’t have stuff like that in your time, huh? Where ya from, Jane?”

24. Exzalia

I guess your partner still hasn’t given you the tour,
    "He has shown me some stuff, but mostly it has been training for the holy grail war, we have to be at our strongest and most ruthless if we are to win, it leaves little time for learning."

"As for where I am from, can't you tell? I am from France. France still exists at this time no?" She asked looking slightly worriedly. "And on the topic of disappearing, where in Gods name are all the horses?"

25. AnonyMouse

Brock

"He has shown me some stuff, but mostly it has been training for the holy grail war," Jane said. "We have to be at our strongest and most ruthless if we are to win, it leaves little time for learning."

Ruthless? Brock thought. His research of past Grail Wars supported her claims. The prize usually went to the meanest, most vicious, most tenacious combatant. But Brock really wanted to believe this time would be different. Maybe he was being naive...

"As for where I am from, can't you tell? I am from France. France still exists at this time no?" She asked looking slightly worriedly. "And on the topic of disappearing, where in Gods name are all the horses?"

"They're all in France," he teased, but when her face got very serious he couldn't help but laugh. "Sorry, sorry, I'm kidding. There are still horses, but cities have kinda taken over. They horses are in the countryside." Or in zoos, he thought, but decided not to say it. It might shock her.

"Anways, I think I asked the wrong question, Jane. The France I know has radios and fireflies, just like Japan," Brock said. "They even have metal birds that fly faster than the speed of sound. I think what I meant to ask is, 'when are you from?' I wanna know what your France was like. Were you royalty or something?"