Favorite Characters

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Gigi_GNR, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Francie Nolan from A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.
    Also, Sissy was pretty awesome.

Oh, and Denny from The Citadel.

2. EmmaWrite

EmmaWrite Member

Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice because she's so sassy and independent.

3. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

I have to say Tyrion from Game of thrones and Amory Blaine from This side of Paradise.

4. LegendsTheFour

LegendsTheFour Member

Gotta love Sam Gamgee. He is this typical guy everyone should look up to. Always backing up his master, always looking at the bright side and never complains even though he's walking in hell it self.

Love to Write likes this.
  5. Kramitdfrog

Kramitdfrog Member

Jacen Solo from the new jedi order all the way up to when he becomes Darth Cadeus, really he was always misunderstood and then in the end it annoyed me that the star wars writers turned him into a sith lord. But in all fairness they needed it to be Jacen.

FitzChivalry from Robin Hobbs Farseer trilogy. To be honest he was also misunderstood.. In fact this character has every single emotion from anger to rage to love to lust.

Ender from Enders game. Similar to FitzChivalry.. truly both these characters made me cry and laugh.

FLAME ME FOR THIS ONE: Jar Jar Binks... NOOOOOOOO yeah I said it... the last two characters above are under dogs and lets face it so was meesa Jar Jar Binks. I'm one of few star wars fans who will thank George Lucas for Mr Binks.

Pope: From falling skies. The guys the biggest douche on the planet but he adds so much character into the show. You want to kiss him and hate him all at once.

Hey this should be another thread. But what in your opinion are the best underdog characters ever?

My first 4 are above.

*snickers to self*

Scotland or Australia winning a world cup... *sigh* bazinga now thats humor

Chiv likes this.
  6. Laze

Laze Active Member

Zuko from Avatar The Last Air Bender.
    Morpheus from The Matrix.
    Kakashi from Naruto.
    William Borgens from Stuck In Love. (Awesome movie about a family of writers)
    Avery Cates from The Digital Plauge.
    Darth Sidious from Star Wars.

Tons more, but they're the main ones. Avery Cates is cool as fuck!

But recently, my favourite character is Meruem from Hunter x Hunter. He's just so cool, I've never felt so excited about a character before. I've purposely stopped reading the Manga just so I have the thrill of seeing him unfold in the anime.

:c

7. Chiv

Chiv Active Member

FitzChivalry Farseer. All time favourite character (incase the username Chiv doesn't give it away). Roland Deschain of Gilead in Stephen King's Dark Tower comes pretty close though.
    I can see why you would like Jar Jar. I've never particularly liked him but never had anything against him either. He was always a, you said it, underdog.